Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]
Mar 31, 2021 4:45 AM
Apr 2020
Hhguf said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

yeah, i hold a bit of hope that the next chapter will makes sense of what is going on.

what you want ??... a happy ending ??
you will not get it in this story

eren wins??
he already wins 80%

eren live??
so what next ?? He will eventually die in four years later

It is true that it is not perfect
But it's better than many stupid happy endings like GOT

My only criticism on the chapter was the kiss and the Yumir smile in the last page was really stupid

I think the guy just expected something you know. I doubt anyone really knows what they were expecting. Its not a shitshow, but for me at least I wished there was just something more to Eren's plan. But I can't think of anything. I treat Isayama with very high regard. But I'm fine if the final chapter just wraps things up. Just need him to drive home the "freedom" theme, and it remains a masterpiece for me.
Apr 2, 2021 3:39 PM
Apr 2021
If the next chapter doesn't rectify this mess. Imagine re-watching the series would feel
pointless from the first 30 seconds knowing how it ends up

- Oh hey there's Eren, the guy who somehow ends up going Daenerys V2 all of a sudden and then plans to 'wait' to give his mates a chance to kill him

- Oh look, here's Mikasa, dead parents, then dead adopted parents, and eventually dead lover and zero pay-off for her entire tragic character
Apr 2, 2021 3:42 PM
Apr 2021
Whenever I read these kind of 10/10 stories, it's always the ending I dread because I know it ends up going wrong so many times.

All I wish for is an average ending. Not even more. Just not something that's utterly dreadful. Even a Muv Luv ending I will be content with. Just not School Days ending ffs.

That pervy bich in the background better do something next chapter. She's the only hope now to save the series lmao
Apr 3, 2021 3:18 AM

Nov 2016
No matter what y’all say I loved this chapter. Fight me on this one.
Apr 3, 2021 11:28 AM
Jul 2019
I was spoiled about Mikasa killing Eren, but Eren death was always going to happen anyway, and this is a good poetic ending for their relationship.

But goddamn Gabi, Jean and Connie becoming mindless titans hurt me so f**king much. Why oh why ?

I can't believe it's the end of the manga with basically everyone dead and guess who's still alive ? Reiner of all people, living to his reputation as the real plot armor titan.

I really hope the last chapter finds someway to rectify this and resurrect the titans into people again, and also lifting the 13 years life span curse ? I don't care about a happy ending, but with this there's barely even any cast available.
Apr 3, 2021 12:05 PM
Jul 2019
Regarding Eren pulling a Lelouch, this is something I have been thinking about before but with what happened I don't think it makes sense to go this route ? What would he accomplish by making everyone just hate him ? There were bigger chances of everyone turning on Paradis after he's killed thanks to the massacre he did and the threat he showed to the whole, than of peace suddenly happening after this. Beside, his plan involved fighting his old friends and the possibility of killing them, even though he apparently cared about them, or something.

Maybe there's something that gets solved by him dying, like the curse of the titans is lifted by killing the founder titan holder or something ? It still doesn't salvage the genocide he did. Could have committed suicide, you know ?

At this point his target isn't really clear but if it's pulling out a Lelouch after what happened last few chapters it'll be honestly bullshit.

Let's see, just resurrect Jean, Connie and Gabi please.
Apr 3, 2021 3:00 PM

Mar 2019
el3mel said:
Regarding Eren pulling a Lelouch, this is something I have been thinking about before but with what happened I don't think it makes sense to go this route ? What would he accomplish by making everyone just hate him ? There were bigger chances of everyone turning on Paradis after he's killed thanks to the massacre he did and the threat he showed to the whole, than of peace suddenly happening after this. Beside, his plan involved fighting his old friends and the possibility of killing them, even though he apparently cared about them, or something.

Maybe there's something that gets solved by him dying, like the curse of the titans is lifted by killing the founder titan holder or something ? It still doesn't salvage the genocide he did. Could have committed suicide, you know ?

At this point his target isn't really clear but if it's pulling out a Lelouch after what happened last few chapters it'll be honestly bullshit.

Let's see, just resurrect Jean, Connie and Gabi please.
Yeah him pulling a Lelouch was completely thrown out the window as he's killed millions due to the rumbling. He's gone too far for that shit lmao
Apr 3, 2021 7:10 PM
Jun 2014
Man i was spoiled by some god damned troll abut the entire ending of this chapter so i just went ahead and confirmed it (yes, i couldnt help myself xD). I'm gonna start watching the anime at least and maybe just read the remaining chapters in manga form. But damn... I can't feel anything but a major betrayal when i hear Eren is fighting for freedom and Mikasa being against him, and to the point of severing his head from his neck. This goes against her entire character from the very first episode/chapter. No matter what path Eren would tread i'd expect Mikasa to stand by him.

Edit: right after posting this a troll did the same on my profile, but yeah, didnt read this time
StormenApr 3, 2021 7:14 PM
Apr 3, 2021 8:47 PM

Sep 2019
2000+ votes. Amazing that it reached the 2000 votes milestone.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 4, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2014

BRUH
LOOK AT THIS DUDE
WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE
UHUHU OH NO NO NO
UH UH UHU UH
WAHHHHAHAH
AH LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
HHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
UHUHUHUHUHUHUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
Apr 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
i see this long ago that snk ending is somewhat similar to tokyo ghoul re. it also went the same downhill lmao.
snk 123 literally the same turning point as tokyo ghoul re 144.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 4, 2021 2:44 PM

Mar 2019
evoniee said:
i see this long ago that snk ending is somewhat similar to tokyo ghoul re. it also went the same downhill lmao.
snk 123 literally the same turning point as tokyo ghoul re 144.
mmmmmmmmm, no. :)
hayziApr 4, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 4, 2021 4:22 PM

Oct 2016
I don't know how to feel about this... I don't know how to react... I have so many questions...

Though I guess it's too early to say I'm disappointed, since there is one more chapter to come... but I doubt it'll be enough to give a satisfying ending.

It would be a shame if I had to lower my score of this amazing manga just because of these last couple chapters. I really don't want to do this, but I might have to depending on what happens in 139.
Apr 4, 2021 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
So conflicted about how this has turned out. It was obvious that extinction wasn't going to be Attack on Titan's endgame, but I somehow feel cheated now that the Rumbling is over. What happens next? "Normal" people start waging normal wars, normally conquering & raping their normal foes and genociding normal people the normal way? Nothing has changed from 2,000 years ago before Ymir. The cycle of hate isn't broken fellas, it's just becoming "normal" again.

That said, this isn't a criticism of the story itself. As @malik_smith has fantastically laid out, this has the potential to very well close with a heartbreaking ending that leaves us questioning what it was all for.
Apr 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
Bayek said:
So conflicted about how this has turned out. It was obvious that extinction wasn't going to be Attack on Titan's endgame, but I somehow feel cheated now that the Rumbling is over. What happens next? "Normal" people start waging normal wars, normally conquering & raping their normal foes and genociding normal people the normal way? Nothing has changed from 2,000 years ago before Ymir. The cycle of hate isn't broken fellas, it's just becoming "normal" again.

That said, this isn't a criticism of the story itself. As @malik_smith has fantastically laid out, this has the potential to very well close with a heartbreaking ending that leaves us questioning what it was all for.

closing the cycle of hatred will never not be a crappy outcome. It's always a cop out that feels too outlandish in the heaviest of fantasy series. Isayama was wise enough not to make the scope feel too much (we only got one continent covered, leaving questions about the power vacuum and surviving countries)
End Zionazism
Apr 5, 2021 12:34 AM

Dec 2012
Mikasa said:
Bayek said:

closing the cycle of hatred will never not be a crappy outcome. It's always a cop out that feels too outlandish in the heaviest of fantasy series. Isayama was wise enough not to make the scope feel too much (we only got one continent covered, leaving questions about the power vacuum and surviving countries)
Indeed, I don't mean to make it sound as though I wanted such a lofty, idealistic outcome. It's more of a critique of that world and the notion that exterminating the minority (Eldians) was going to make it a better place for everyone else. I'll admit I became somewhat of a Yeagerist so I'm feeling a sense of disappointment & conflict that is akin to how I felt with something like Death Note. These feelings are only a sure sign of how brilliant AoT has been to make me feel so bad that mass genocide was a failure.
Apr 6, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2015
Apr 8, 2021 5:50 AM

Feb 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Ackerman-Levi said:
I had always thought that once the manga for SNK ended we would see a significant boost in the score, possibly exceeding a 9 rating. Now I think there's a decent chance that it will actually drop. It's such an immense shame that a series as great as SNK has an ending that is this poor and underwhelming.
Except the score went up 2 times since the release of chapter 135, 137 being the latest rise. People disliking latest chapters are a vocal minority coming from the cesspool that is /titanfolk.

Unfortunately it looks like this didn't age well. Chapter 139 has an overwhelming majority of 1/5 scores, and the score has dropped by 0.07 since it's release. Such a shame since this definitely had the potential to be a modern classic and masterpiece.
Apr 9, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2017
wtf was isayama thinking when he made that last page?? at this point i'm convinced he's trolling us.

i doubt that the final chapter will fix anything.
dusty22Apr 9, 2021 12:37 PM
Apr 11, 2021 4:42 AM

Jun 2019
What a journey it has been. Isayama, you goat, you really created a masterpiece for us to cry about later on. I loved this chapter with everything I have. Mikasa x Eren, I wanted it forever. I loved it so much. T_T
Pre_YumApr 11, 2021 4:54 AM
Apr 11, 2021 5:37 PM

Mar 2019
WTF, that was heartbreaking. Still got one chapter left to read I guess.

It had been foreshadowed the characters weren't safe like Jesus-kun from a certain Sword series.

OG Ymir, shipper on board with a bad sense of humor. >>
May 24, 2021 4:53 AM
Jun 20, 2021 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
I get that Mikasa's dream/delusion here is mirroring the dream that Eren had all the way back in chapter 1, but what exactly is the significance of this?
Nov 8, 2021 1:55 PM

Jan 2019
LMAO I literally bursted out laughing at the last panel
Dec 7, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
It's been a long ride and I'm about to read the last chapter of this amazing manga. There's some events I would have expected that went a different route through the story on the later parts but hopefully the ending was well closed and Isayama didn't disapoint delivering it.
Dec 30, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2021
Damn that nuclear, also it was a tear that Gabi, Pieck, Falco, and everyone else was able to reunite with their relatives and it made me feel happy that they were able to meet with joy and support one another during this tough rumbling time. Holy in the fucking world did they do Eren's titan and is Jean, Connie, everyone, are they all dead except for Pieck, Falco, Mikasa, and Levi? Now this is bringing some predictable moments but seeing the others turning into titans feels really emotional. Also why is this turning into some love story between Mikasa and Eren because I don't feel like any of those belong to this series as I only see them as a brother and sister but the fact they kissed made me think this is fucking creepy but oh welp.
CQLLISTDec 30, 2021 3:24 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 19, 2022 1:12 PM
Sep 2020
5+++++/5, Darkest AOT chapter of all time , ok sooo this chapter is....... creative..... i actually really liked this , except for the last panel(i might have to think on this) a hug would have made the same point,
YMIR smile looks fishy , really fishy more like a devilish smile, founder YMIR is the antagonist(really interesting twist)

the colossal hairy eren titan looks dope, everyone turns into a titan ,wow

that kiss scene at the end kinda ruins the chapter for me, but its still dark

waaaait a minute could it be that mikasa was always behind eren all this while? wow really unexpected

Oh and also everyone getting titanized was a nice twist

Mack_YeagerApr 20, 2022 3:37 AM
Oct 22, 2023 7:39 AM
Oct 2018
enfim,final brochante.
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Nov 2015
LordSchrodinger said:
Also I have think someone mentioned this here or some other post but the baby Historia is having will probably be Eren reincarnated.

yeah, after reading it all I have a feeling that this thing was longer than imagined BUT for some reason someone or smth made the author rushed to an impossible ending right now and so unsatisfactory like the one in yuu yuu hakusho... some mangas are just tragedies of the market 😭
deg said:
and im hoping for 100 pages final chapter

damn it! it was way less than that, me DISAPPOINTED 😭
HeyHeyHey_10 said:
The moral of the story is that you have to confess or your crush is going to commit genocide lmao

lol you made my day!
Sourire said:
Are you guys trolling or simply this dumb? Historia became pregnant to not be fed Zeke and turning into the beast titan.

i don't get it haw could make that any sense 🤣
armchair3 said:
If Eren doesn't motivate Grisha to eat Frieda and end the royal bloodline Grisha dies and if Grisha dies Eren never has the Founder or Attack titan.

im sorry but I think grisha already knew what to do via Kruger... what makes Eren's intrusion seemed unnecessary what gives... ☹️ it was very cringy to see him visiting this past events out of nowhere, like Gohan in the ED 1
Sad7727 said:
i hated this so much,annie literally playing beyblade with survey corps and rekt levi team and destroyed one of their towns yet "DAHAHAHA PIE" and none even questions her

Whoa, Annie is just the nico robin of one piece! or Majin buu6
Berry-VodkaMay 30, 10:14 PM

💢

Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
8 hours ago

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

28 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1871 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.