Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
This just keeps getting better. It kinda seemed like he could talk to the popular kids with ease and it was funny Also stupid that he was prepared to beg them instead of play against them. The blond was really dumb and annoying. Great episode.

Also things that interested me this episode was the mention of a car accident and I think I heard something that sounded like he has a little sister.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 19, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
Ya know I really like this show. I like how Hiki is ok with his singularity. His self depricating comments to that popular boy was entertaining. Normally I woud feel bad for someone who says things like that, but Hiki says things because they are true not for pitty. I also enjoy how he is slowly evolving and making relationships.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 19, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Hachiman's thoughts really sold the show for me, always fun to see what he thinks about each situation,and his inner monologues are quite funny in my opinion. Did not expect him to use the air to his advantage but it was cool when he did.
Apr 19, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Fallenkingzero said:
This just keeps getting better. It kinda seemed like he could talk to the popular kids with ease and it was funny Also stupid that he was prepared to beg them instead of play against them. The blond was really dumb and annoying. Great episode.

Also things that interested me this episode was the mention of a car accident and I think I heard something that sounded like he has a little sister.

His problem never was about him not being able to talk to people,the problem is the way he thinks.He had a very bad time in the middle school which only lead to one way -> introvertion + hating the society+seeks to get rid of his teenage needs like attention(its self-explanatory when you think of introvertion) and girls.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 19, 2013 2:02 PM
Dec 2010
I want to know more about this hachiman past and that "car accident"
blaze it
Apr 19, 2013 2:13 PM

Oct 2012
Hachiman just keeps this series really interesting for me.
Apr 19, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
ninearts said:
BloodyNightsky said:
ninearts said:
so far so good. i like the blonde haired girl btw. hope she becomes a regular member but i could definitely do without the guy with the glasses. actually, outside of Hikki and Blondy i dont much care for anyone else on here yet. actually, nevermind i kinda like the guy who's always with Blondy, he seems pretty cool.

I am 100% sure you are trolling here.The blonde girl is a total bitch,the blonde guy is nice but what he's not aware of is that he basically cant live without the atention he gets,he's kinda the opposite of Hikki.

not trolling at all. she's a bitch but she's a bitch who's proud of being a bitch. that takes guts and i can respect that. and she's not just a little bitchy either, she' full on 200% super bitchy.

she's similar too Hikki when you think about it. he's a loner but he's a proud loner, the King of Loners even. so yeah, what he is to loners she is to bitches.

as for the blonde guy. whats wrong with wanting a little attention? he doesn't come off as annoying he's just a nice guy who likes to have fun. nothing wrong with that in my book.

It's not like she's proud being a bitch. That's just the only thing she knows how to do. In case you didn't notice, she's absolutely dumb. Empty head. Zero intelligence. Ignorant beyond repair. At least that's the impression I got from this episode. Her role is to be an extreme stereotype, the opposite of Yukino.

I'm not saying she's a bad character, or unnecessary or anything. Just that you probably shouldn't hold any high expectations.
Naoki-SatenApr 19, 2013 2:35 PM
Apr 19, 2013 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
comedy god is an idiot
Apr 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
Rofl that wind shot .
Apr 19, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
One more thing which keeps getting clearer and clearer to me.Yukino has about the same way of thinking as Hikki.The only difference is that Yukino holds grudges while Hikki doesnt(or seems so to this point).In fact she has bigger issues than Hikki.
Also the stereotype or cliche call it whatever.Yui joining the club it's a total cliche,she's the girl which joined to stay around Hikki and gain some skills to impress him.While Yukino seems the girl that does nothing but as she gets to know more about Hikki she'll fall for him.
FluffyFleshApr 19, 2013 2:48 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 19, 2013 3:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
So, of course even though they didn't tell him and they didn't block the door, they physically attack him when he walks into the club room while they are changing. Really?

Also somewhat puzzled as to the purpose of accepting the match challenge, but whatever, it was interesting to watch and the things going on around it were amusing.
Apr 19, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Loving this.
Apr 19, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
Man they are annoying. That girl should get off her high horse and that guy's fake sincerity is making me vomit.

Anyway, it was a nice episode. Hachiman is so damn gloomy though.

Apr 19, 2013 3:21 PM

Aug 2010
mapodoufu said:
Mannerisms, and more feminine than any women;

.... but he's a guy.

I don't mind traps at all^^

Also, Hikki is a pitiable loner.... but at least he is a cool pitiable loner. I like his antics.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 19, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
ninearts said:
BloodyNightsky said:
ninearts said:
so far so good. i like the blonde haired girl btw. hope she becomes a regular member but i could definitely do without the guy with the glasses. actually, outside of Hikki and Blondy i dont much care for anyone else on here yet. actually, nevermind i kinda like the guy who's always with Blondy, he seems pretty cool.

I am 100% sure you are trolling here.The blonde girl is a total bitch,the blonde guy is nice but what he's not aware of is that he basically cant live without the atention he gets,he's kinda the opposite of Hikki.

not trolling at all. she's a bitch but she's a bitch who's proud of being a bitch. that takes guts and i can respect that. and she's not just a little bitchy either, she' full on 200% super bitchy.

she's similar too Hikki when you think about it. he's a loner but he's a proud loner, the King of Loners even. so yeah, what he is to loners she is to bitches.

as for the blonde guy. whats wrong with wanting a little attention? he doesn't come off as annoying he's just a nice guy who likes to have fun. nothing wrong with that in my book.

It's not like she's proud being a bitch. That's just the only thing she knows how to do. In case you didn't notice, she's absolutely dumb. Empty head. Zero intelligence. Ignorant beyond repair. At least that's the impression I got from this episode. Her role is to be an extreme stereotype, the opposite of Yukino.

I'm not saying she's a bad character, or unnecessary or anything. Just that you probably shouldn't hold any high expectations.

i think you're making one too many assumptions at this point because i haven't heard anything from her that makes me beleives she's an idiot. so whats make you say she has zero intelligence? the only 2 people who strike me as being that dumb are uhh....whats her name? short hair girl and the kid with the glasses. those two are about the onlys i'd call empty headed.

as for her only knowing how to be a bitch as opposed to enjoying being a bitch difference of opinion i suppose because thats not how she comes off to me. but we'll find out sooner or later if and when they explore her character
Apr 19, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2012
Hachiman is just getting more hilarious at this eps lol.. Epic win although the glory went to the other side for a silly reason..
Keep moving forward
Apr 19, 2013 4:29 PM

Jan 2011
Cratex said:
So, of course even though they didn't tell him and they didn't block the door, they physically attack him when he walks into the club room while they are changing. Really?

Also somewhat puzzled as to the purpose of accepting the match challenge, but whatever, it was interesting to watch and the things going on around it were amusing.

1. Well that's the trope. It also was a good follow-up (thanking the romcom gods for it) after the previous scene (cursing the romcom gods for the b/b g/g end of the match). They seem to like pointing out the obvious tropes whether they uphold or subvert them.

2. Hachiman doesn't like the popular kids or the way school (and general) society is ordered around them. Yukino doesn't like bullies. Yui wants to be friends with everyone and felt obliged to support Hachiman and Saika. It made some sense for each of them to participate based on those factors.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 19, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome episode, Hikigaya is epic, I just love his thoughts.
Apr 19, 2013 5:31 PM

Mar 2008
*Gets left behind with a guy*
Hikigaya: Dammit! this isn't how a Romantic Comedy should be!
*Runs into a room with girls changing*
Hikigaya: Ah...much better.
Apr 19, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Man hiki is hella Depressing to watch lol

Yet another trap still thinking it's a girl you won't fool me anime!

as for Hayato hope he really is a nice guy he seems like it but most characters like that tend to have a fake smile until they show their true colors,while the blonde bitch just seems to be there for the sake of well.. being a bitch.

Still waiting on the white ponytailed girl from the op she looks like the next club member.
Apr 19, 2013 6:33 PM

May 2012
Tennis ball straight to the face! I don't even apologize that I was laughing at him when it happened.

Tennis battle, eh? Nothing like Price of Tennis, how sad. Still pretty great.

Still waiting for the episode when the preppy girl gets taken down or needs the help of the club. I really hope she doesn't stay so unbearable for the entire show, and this episode didn't really take her down as much is at elevated the Hayato guy...
tapandaApr 19, 2013 6:40 PM
Apr 19, 2013 6:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
rodac said:
1. Well that's the trope. It also was a good follow-up (thanking the romcom gods for it) after the previous scene (cursing the romcom gods for the b/b g/g end of the match). They seem to like pointing out the obvious tropes whether they uphold or subvert them.
I suppose you're right, but I still want to complain about it :)
Apr 19, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
Yui's impression of Yukino at the beginning of the episode was funny because it was so spot on. And then she mentioned the car accident. Obviously she's involved somehow.

The Tennis game was enjoyable to watch. Don't know if I should call Yukino's comment about 'Hachiman being the one to settle' as a form of dependence/trust or just words of encouragement. Oh and Mr. Chuunibyou is starting to get annoying.

Either way, I loved this episode as well! Always fun to watch every week.
Apr 19, 2013 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh I officially don't like this show. They are making it seem like having no friends and being a loner is cool or makes you stronger. And those with friends are characterized as popular assholes.
Apr 19, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty cool episode.
They kind of really went deeper into that whole Loner vs Popular thing and man that girl was a bitch.

Kind of sucks in the end since it's like they won, but no one gives a fuck because of the blonde dude 'saving' the bitch. I just thought 'REALLY?'
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 19, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Ugh I officially don't like this show. They are making it seem like having no friends and being a loner is cool or makes you stronger. And those with friends are characterized as popular assholes.

I don't find that to be true... I see Hachiman and Yukinon as huge jerks....its just that the story if from their viewpoint.

Later in life, Hachiman and Yukinon would be terrible people to work with.
Apr 19, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2010
so yeah, this show is a one trick pony (trick being Hachi's attitude) and the trick is getting old already. still mildly entertaining but they need to pick up the pace.
Apr 19, 2013 8:09 PM

Dec 2011
That was such an epic tennis match!
Hikigaya manipulating the ball using the wind to his advantage and using the side of the racket instead! Reminds me of PoT!

It was also exciting Yukino joined... too bad they lost the battle.
And why is Saika a guy? Didn't see this comin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
I like Yukino. A lot
Apr 19, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
The MC is so pessimistic it's funny and depressive at the same time. Love the whole god of rom-com is retarded and then accidentally walking in on the girls changing scene. XD

All in all a fun episode.
Apr 19, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
This anime is definitely a keeper. The MC has such a pessimistic and strange perception of the world that the audience feels sympathy but at the same time the story progresses in such a way that you can't help but have a grin and chuckle every now and then. :]
Apr 19, 2013 8:45 PM

Aug 2011
TRAP CARD
Like the pacing, hope things continue on like this!
Apr 19, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this and Hikigaya's depressing talk is funny because when you say things like that your classmates usually have nothing to answer that with...

Apr 19, 2013 9:53 PM
May 2012
Now let's see!whats the difference between sket dance and this one!vc for one!
yahari is better at comedy!
i really enjoyed that episode!that was one hell of a serve!
Apr 19, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
I really don't find Hikki pitable at all, even with all the self-depreceative talk, he's still calm, because he's enjoying his own way of life.

I love when he just acts like "I don't give a f*ck".
Apr 19, 2013 10:24 PM

Mar 2012
I like his cynical nature. That make this show more refreshing.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 19, 2013 10:38 PM
Jan 2011
ugh i'm so conflicted. the two main girls are such punks towards the main character. i want him to be with that grey hair girl. i mean boy.
Apr 19, 2013 11:14 PM

Jan 2012
That Mio-stripped-pantsu .. xD

~~

loving the MC :D .. i love how he think like myself xD .. loners ftw :3
Apr 19, 2013 11:22 PM

Apr 2013
I was LOLing like an idiot this whole episode; jeez was that funny especially the opening scene
Apr 19, 2013 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
00Bubbles00 said:
GarLogan78 said:

I don't find that to be true... I see Hachiman and Yukinon as huge jerks....its just that the story if from their viewpoint.

Later in life, Hachiman and Yukinon would be terrible people to work with.

Oh, I didn't mean to say that I personally thought Haichiman and Yukinon are good people. I meant like they justify being alone in a way that makes them see themselves as above others or smarter for not having a group mentality or friends to depend on.
Apr 20, 2013 12:35 AM
Mar 2010
Hachiman, you're the man. Great episode except for the end.
Once again, the MC gets hit for walking in when the girls were changing.
How was he supposed to know they were changing? -_-
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 20, 2013 1:09 AM
Aug 2012
phoenixalia said:
Hachiman, you're the man. Great episode except for the end.
Once again, the MC gets hit for walking in when the girls were changing.
How was he supposed to know they were changing? -_-

Um... knock first?
Apr 20, 2013 1:51 AM

May 2010
Best episode so far..Very funny...
Apr 20, 2013 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
You know,uhmmm,the doors have windows and they were changing right in front of those doors.
About that scene with Hachiman settling the score.I said it before she's a loner too but Hachiman is proud of being a loner while Yukino suffers from it.
These are only assumptions but it explains the scene with the settling the score.She saw him how he plays and that he plays alone,remember that the window of the club has a direct view on the sport grounds.She saw him eating alone,enjoying the breeze.Also she kinda read him that he's proud of being a loner and have scores to settle with those 2 so after she settled her score she gave him the chance to revenge.Only a loner understands and reads a loner.
FluffyFleshApr 20, 2013 2:01 AM
Apr 20, 2013 2:28 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was much better than the last one for me.

I can't wait for the imouto next week.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 20, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2012
haha thats boy really cute... love it.

Apr 20, 2013 2:44 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ Zaimokuza naming skill
Hmm.. it's getting better and better

And that is last word from Hachiman XD
"Good job, god of rom com"

ryshin said:
haha thats boy really cute... love it.

As long it's cute it doesn't matter if it's boy/girl :D
"Signature removed"
Apr 20, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2012
It's always a trap.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 20, 2013 3:26 AM
Mar 2012
I think I'll end up dropping Yahari after a few weeks. Everything about this show is just sad. Not even the comedy elements (like Hiki's flashbacks, that I find particularly hilarious) can save it.

It can easily be compared to a bad version of Haganai, except they genderbended Yozora and made her the MC (Hikigayozora, the fucking antisocial bastard, hates everyone for no apparent reason).

That Hayato guy, that poor Hayato guy. He did nothing wrong from the start and Hiki hated him. He was actually trying to calm that blonde bitch down, then Hiki started to thrash him up for being popular. Classical Schyozora.

And those two girls, Yukino 'n Yui. Yui is just lesbian for Yukino. They end up both tossing Hiki aside (you can guess why), which just depresses me.

I just don't know. Maybe Gin Chuunibyou Hirano Kohta will keep me interested. I'm on the verge of dropping this. It's just not worth it. Those two first episodes were kinda interesting, but everything is just too sad (bad memories from early middle school, for me).
Apr 20, 2013 4:38 AM

Sep 2011
For the love of god, please tell me that's a girl and not a boy and that he's lying.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.