Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 22, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
sfaddic182 said:
i just hope yumiko is part of the harem but either way is fine.

What? this not a harem...
Apr 22, 2013 2:49 PM
Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
sfaddic182 said:

Where have you been, its obviously setting up to be a harem PLUS the name of the
show and its motif of pointing out cliches (Which if it wasn't already a sub-genre, harem would be the biggest cliche in anime). Even if it does turn into a harem I can tell it will still be amazing. Loved the episode soo much, as much as I hate to say it I'm completely the same as Hikki in the fact that I was ostracized by society and didn't have any friends,maybe thats why I love this show so much.

10/10 Cant wait for next episode and btw

ITS A TRAP
Apr 22, 2013 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
Incoming trap.....
Hikky was way too cool this episode...holy shit god of romantic comedy hahahah
Hikky is probably one of my top favorite MC's this season :)
Apr 22, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
Analog_Kid said:

Where have you been, its obviously setting up to be a harem PLUS the name of the
show and its motif of pointing out cliches (Which if it wasn't already a sub-genre, harem would be the biggest cliche in anime). Even if it does turn into a harem I can tell it will still be amazing. Loved the episode soo much, as much as I hate to say it I'm completely the same as Hikki in the fact that I was ostracized by society and didn't have any friends,maybe thats why I love this show so much.

10/10 Cant wait for next episode and btw

ITS A TRAP

If I go by spoilers up to volume 6 of LN it doesn't look like harem a much.
Apr 23, 2013 1:53 AM

Apr 2013
Wait......a harem with 3 guys in it?
Wasnt the definition of a harem 1 boy and atleast 3 or 4 girls around him?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 23, 2013 12:07 PM

Feb 2012
I love this episode. Reminds me of my youth playing tennis.
Apr 23, 2013 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
Analog_Kid said:
tsudecimo said:
sfaddic182 said:

It is not a fucking harem...and it is not setting up to be one and there is a difference between pointing out and being cynical about a cliche and actually doing the cliche.
For all the people wanting this to be a harem or want fanservice...Just fuck you..
Apr 23, 2013 12:40 PM
Aug 2012
IIRC, there was 3 fanservice scenes up to volume 6 of LN, including this episode's one.
Apr 23, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
moyang said:
IIRC, there was 3 fanservice scenes up to volume 6 of LN, including this episode's one.

That's really little since this a RomCom LN .
Apr 23, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
Fanservice does NOT mean it has to be involved with some naked girls/guys. Anything can be fanservice. Example, Suzaku getting beat up by Kallen in the second season can be also called as fanservice. The point is that people misused the word and gave it a bad name. The same reason people says Shounen is bad because of something like "Narutard" but the true is Shounen is just a genre.

As a respond to BloodyNightsky, yes THAT scene was a fanservice but it is not like it is a bad thing as people made it out to be. And this show is far from being called a fanservice show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 23, 2013 1:53 PM
Oct 2012
Siva said:
Fanservice does NOT mean it has to be involved with some naked girls/guys. Anything can be fanservice.

Absolutely, fanservice is giving the audience what they want, which isn't wrong, it's smart. It is anything that will appeal to the fans that doesn't add to the story: so having Spock doing the "live long and prosper" line even though it isn't really needed would be "fanservice", little "in jokes" that only fans of the series would get is fanservice.

Now many people do want to see some skin, so that is a form that fanservice often takes, however not every scene with skin is fanservice. Sometimes it's just pandering or even showing a condescending attitude to the fans. I would say that the second season of SAO was an example of such condescension.
Apr 23, 2013 10:42 PM

Apr 2013
Well,I interpreted the hate as such and often fanservice complaints are about them showing boobs or completely naked girls.The term it self is self explanatory,I'm not that stupid.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 24, 2013 11:28 AM
Jun 2009
Tenzen12 said:
No
To be fair to him, he were planing let Saika train with them if they win anyway. I can see where Hikki comes from, but Hayato, if nothing else, trying to be nice guy here.

Force your ideal on someone is not nice in anyway. Did Saiga ask for his help? Can he really train Saiga? Let me ask, you will be happy if someone took all of the money in your wallet but since your house was so far away so they spared some coins so that you can take a bus? And what the hell that fake ass was hoping for? Or I have to say, who the hell does he think he is? He offered a term, Hikki refused. A nice, polite person will know when to stop but he didnt, he kept pushing his term on Hikki and Saiga. Maybe Hayato didnt know it but he's playing the bully role here.

Btw, can he keep his words if his bitch queen orders him to remove Saiga from the tennis yard? It's fine if he was speaking for himself, not for Miura. He will be free to choose to keep or not to keep his words. But no, he was speaking for Miura. In this case, his words cannot be trusted at all. He was just the lackey who tried to please his queen. The people like him is not worth to trust. And from his behavior. If Miura actually orders him to remove Saiga from the tennis yard, he will promise something to Saiga like "Sorry, how about you return tomorrow? I will train with you later" or "I dont think I have to train you today, how about later?" and some stupid ass will still think "Hayato is so cool, so nice, blablalbla ~".

And Hikki was so soft. If it is me, I will never accept the challenge at all because the term was so UNFAIR! I have the tennis yard, they want my tennis yard. If they win, they will take my tennis yard...fine, but what if I win? The tennis yard was mine first so it doesnt counted. In the case you forgot, Hayato the nice guy forgot his side of term on purpose. How nice of him, lol.

soluuloiApr 24, 2013 11:37 AM
Apr 24, 2013 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
soluuloi said:
Tenzen12 said:
No
To be fair to him, he were planing let Saika train with them if they win anyway. I can see where Hikki comes from, but Hayato, if nothing else, trying to be nice guy here.

Force your ideal on someone is not nice in anyway. Did Saiga ask for his help? Can he really train Saiga? Let me ask, you will be happy if someone took all of the money in your wallet but since your house was so far away so they spared some coins so that you can take a bus? And what the hell that fake ass was hoping for? Or I have to say, who the hell does he think he is? He offered a term, Hikki refused. A nice, polite person will know when to stop but he didnt, he kept pushing his term on Hikki and Saiga. Maybe Hayato didnt know it but he's playing the bully role here.

Btw, can he keep his words if his bitch queen orders him to remove Saiga from the tennis yard? It's fine if he was speaking for himself, not for Miura. He will be free to choose to keep or not to keep his words. But no, he was speaking for Miura. In this case, his words cannot be trusted at all. He was just the lackey who tried to please his queen. The people like him is not worth to trust. And from his behavior. If Miura actually orders him to remove Saiga from the tennis yard, he will promise something to Saiga like "Sorry, how about you return tomorrow? I will train with you later" or "I dont think I have to train you today, how about later?" and some stupid ass will still think "Hayato is so cool, so nice, blablalbla ~".

And Hikki was so soft. If it is me, I will never accept the challenge at all because the term was so UNFAIR! I have the tennis yard, they want my tennis yard. If they win, they will take my tennis yard...fine, but what if I win? The tennis yard was mine first so it doesnt counted. In the case you forgot, Hayato the nice guy forgot his side of term on purpose. How nice of him, lol.

Oy,oy.Dont pick on the blonde guy,he tryed to make peace between the 2 parts.The bad guy here is the blonde girl.He knew that she wouldnt back off and same goes for Hikki.The blonde guy,w/e the name he has,was in the middle.He had 2 choices to face his GF wrath or to find a safe way for him.
I feel sorry for the guy but he done this to himself by picking such a girl as his girlfriend.
FluffyFleshApr 24, 2013 11:49 AM
Apr 24, 2013 12:34 PM
Aug 2012
Well, Hayato tried to declare draw. (Of course they will just leave then.)
Couldn't it be his original plan? Just play awhile till Miura satisfied and leave the court to Saika.

Spoiler: Hayato and Miura, they aren't dating.
moyangApr 24, 2013 12:38 PM
Apr 25, 2013 3:40 AM
Jun 2009
BloodyNightsky said:

Oy,oy.Dont pick on the blonde guy,he tryed to make peace between the 2 parts.The bad guy here is the blonde girl.He knew that she wouldnt back off and same goes for Hikki.The blonde guy,w/e the name he has,was in the middle.He had 2 choices to face his GF wrath or to find a safe way for him.
I feel sorry for the guy but he done this to himself by picking such a girl as his girlfriend.

Make peace, are you joking me? He is not that stupid. He has been with Miura for a while, he must have known what kind of people Miura is. He must have known that Miura will never back down that easily. Miura is typical spoiled bitch, at least in these episodes. She may gives up and leaves if he just ignores her selfish wish right from the start but in the middle of the fight? No way it will happen. Again, this is the typical behavior of a hypocrite. When they gain upper hand, they will start talking nice thing to show off. Together with him knowing that Miura will never admit a draw, I can clearly say that he's just a hypocrite.

And you were right bout one thing. He had 2 choices, to face Miura wrath and to find a safe way for him. Indeed, he chose to find a safe way for him which means he chose to lick Miura's boots instead of being fair and square (about fair and square, read my previous post). Oh and of course, he is not Miura's boyfriend. He's just one of the candidates. He, the blonde tall guys with the bandana and the others want to be her boyfriend so they stick around her, listen to her ranting, obey her orders, try to gain her favor. Basically, really lame...being a bully is one thing but also an ass licker? He's really low on my book.

Maybe he will stop being such a fake ass jesuitic bully if he stop being Miura lapdogs.
soluuloiApr 25, 2013 3:44 AM
Apr 25, 2013 4:24 AM
Aug 2012
well, some real spoilers -

Apr 25, 2013 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
Hachiman is the most realistic MC ever. You can't argue with him. His words are facts.
Nice Ep and that TRAP is seriously a high level! Damn it's gonna start a whole war of debate now =.=
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Apr 25, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2011
Lmao it was hilarious to watch Hikki say all of those sad loner things with a straight face. What a great technique lol, those guys had absolutely no comebacks to his I have no friends mentality.

Yukino gets so cute whenever Yui calls her her friend. And I am loving the way Yui is being treated by Yukino and Hikki, calling her not a real club member and talking down to her haha.

That Hayato guy is actually pretty cool eh.
Apr 25, 2013 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
Haha, so funny.

5/5.

Apr 25, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Real fun episode. Lol'd and when Totsuka said he was a boy. Also the rom-com god.
Apr 26, 2013 7:59 AM
Jan 2010
so fucking bad omg
Apr 27, 2013 11:34 AM

Mar 2012
Never understood the point of traps in anime/manga.
Apr 28, 2013 6:04 AM

Jul 2010
Eh. This episode could have been better 3/5.
Apr 28, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
I like how Hikki thinks about his classmates :D
Apr 29, 2013 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, although I didn't like the weird (trap) character being introduced. Areosmith popped into my head whenever he was on screen. Anways, yay for the little romance development and otherwise outstanding show.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 1, 2013 8:28 AM

Jan 2011
Decent episode, although a tad better than the previous ones.
The way Hikki was ignored when he won was pretty bad, I should welcome myself to humanity again.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 3, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2008
Well this was bad. I thought the main was better than looking himself as completely pathetic and crawling down but it seems i was wrong.
May 8, 2013 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
This was more enjoyable than the last ep. Did you see how cute it was when Yukino started to say friend in reference to Yui and started blushing?! :D

She also believed in Hikigaya that he would win the match by saying she doesn't lie. Yui also stepped up to play against her "friend" to help out the club. She's beginning to realize that measuring up to others isn't that great.

And I said it last time...It's a trap!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 4, 2013 1:07 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Great episode, and I for some reason thought the short guy with white hair was a girl. Like Hikky said "Your too close to me, and you're too cute", guys wouldn't be doing that unless there were girls. Also that guy reminds me of Yukimura from Boku Wa Tomadachi, maybe the guy Hikky helped is actually a girl with a flat chest.

Onto Yukino. Ok great at tennis but very low stamina. Sounds to me like she's the type of athlete that can be subbed in in the last minutes to save the game, or end it.

Jun 4, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2011
No he isn't Yukimura, but Hideoshi, don't make conclusion from derivates instead of originals.
Jun 8, 2013 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
The blondes have lost again. God of romantic comedies :D
How did he come up with this one? Anyways this episode was enjoyable.
Jun 19, 2013 1:23 AM

Nov 2008
The guy with the glasses was annoying but other than that it was a nice episode.
Jul 3, 2013 8:53 PM

Sep 2011
Oh no, don't tell me this is what people meant by this anime not being the generic rom/com... Shounen-Ai!? And Shoujo Ai!? Damn you evil people!!! No I'm kidding, fun episode.
Aug 1, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
It's a trap! Well this was a fairly decent episode, I liked the tennis match which I normally dislike in anime... up to the next request!
Aug 13, 2013 6:03 AM

Jun 2011
"I don't talk much with the girls"
"I am a boy though" -sparkling background-

LOL-ed. Haven't even watch half of the episode and came here to comment on how hilarious this is. Had to take a break from too much laughing haha
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 24, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2009
I am agree to some people say this is the best episode so FAR! <3
Sep 28, 2013 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
Trap card open!

That was great, and then the cliche had a purpose too, great episode!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 4, 2014 12:59 AM

Aug 2012
one of the best traps. Better than hideyoshi, i think.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
Seems like the somewhat trap character of the series finally appeared. I loved the little commentaries from Hachiman. Reminds me of Okabe.
Apr 16, 2014 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
It's a trap! Tennis match was good. This was a good episode.
May 6, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
solid ep

dem traps

dem tennis skillz
Jul 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode~
It's hilarious when Hikki says all those self-deprecating things all serious
Aug 17, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2014
Hikki is really badass! ... in his own way.
Oct 25, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2007
phantom19 said:
This was more enjoyable than the last ep. Did you see how cute it was when Yukino started to say friend in reference to Yui and started blushing?! :D

She also believed in Hikigaya that he would win the match by saying she doesn't lie. Yui also stepped up to play against her "friend" to help out the club. She's beginning to realize that measuring up to others isn't that great.

And I said it last time...It's a trap!

Blushing tsundere is best
Nov 8, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Hikki, even when he goes out of his confort zone and do something great, he still get no recognitions xD
Well, he got some from that girl guy.

Yui making Yukinon heart open a bit was adorable :3
Dat blush... Also, I don't know if I'm wrong, but it looked like Yui was related to that accident Hikitani(hehe) had.

Hikigaya cynicism with Yukinon cold behavior really makes a good couple.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 28, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2010
Best episode so far. I like how they set up the wind thing as a detail and had it play a part at the very end.

Overall a pretty meh series. It's like every episode they introduce a new stock character.
Jan 18, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2009
Traps be trapping.

Of course even if Hikki wins he loses.
Jan 18, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
God of romantic comedies
Jan 24, 2015 9:37 AM

Jun 2014
The god of romcoms, then there must be an Illuminati for rom dram.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.