Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 4, 2011 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
what a nice ep :)
Feb 7, 2011 4:56 AM

Sep 2008
I quite liked this episode. It was entertaining~ (I didn't "love" it, but it was good!)
Asako said:
This is how a romantic comedy should be done.

This. :D

Wasabi said:
What's up with the parrot?

I'm wondering this too, I suppose. It really freaks me out, that parrot...
merle_noirFeb 7, 2011 5:02 AM
Mar 5, 2011 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
Way too fast paced.
Mar 5, 2011 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Way too fast paced.
Oct 29, 2011 8:41 PM

May 2011
Man, that Takasu is a nice guy, I feel kind of sorry for him. He better get some Taiga action in the future or I'll be pissed.
Dec 17, 2011 11:40 PM

Dec 2007
The best part of the episode was Taiga getting hit in the face with the basketball.
Dec 20, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
well i think it was a good idea to give this show a chance again, really starting to hate abusive female leads, though this episode really stopped me from dropping this series.
WHY said:
I really hate Taiga.

yes i agree
Animatronix said:
The best part of the episode was Taiga getting hit in the face with the basketball.

serves her RIGHT!

Jan 2, 2012 7:16 PM
Jan 2012
In this episode, Kitamura had said what would really be at the end of the show in the time when Aisaka confessed to him..

And that smile of Aisaka as she said "He said, 'Taiga'" that smells fishy...XP
Jan 30, 2012 7:40 AM

Apr 2008
Looks like I will need to re-watch this show.
Either it's because it's been ages since I last watched it, or I just don't get it.
-Boy is secretly in love with girl for quite some time
-Girl actually/finally confesses to boy
-Boy rejects girl

what exactly did I miss right there. For what reason do you decline a confession if you really are in love with the person doing it.
Apr 12, 2012 1:17 AM

Feb 2012
For some weird reasons, I don't actually find it amusing. I don't know why but there's just this blunt feeling about this one that will not help me in understanding it's plot.

Grrrr...I really hate this feeling. I feel like I don't have any feeling for each of the characters. lol Well, I don't like to drop this so yeah I'll keep on watching it.'
May 5, 2012 12:10 AM

Aug 2011
<.< weird bird
Jul 23, 2012 1:23 PM

May 2012
Throughout the whole episode I was excited just like in the first episode. The plot, the characters, everything in this anime is perfect for me. "He said 'Taiga'." was the line that I least expected. Goosebumps, chills, shivers, laughs, feels - I got everything for 20 minutes. So far I am enjoying this anime a lot!
Aug 1, 2012 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
Aside from not really defining Taiga and Ryuuji's new found friendship quite enough this was a really solid episode. I forgot how fun a character Minorin is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2012 6:20 PM
Jul 2012
FRIEND ZONED HAHAHAHAHA omg i love this anime!
Aug 15, 2012 12:16 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode i guees.
opening is quite good.
4/5
Aug 17, 2012 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
this anime remembered me by the film "THE UGLY TRUTH"
Aug 20, 2012 5:58 PM

May 2012
Yay.. that was soo cute of Taiga!!!
Sep 14, 2012 12:51 AM

Feb 2008
Dat wacky chasing scene. It was pretty ridiculous. And Taiga needs to control her anger. Minori is retarded.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 24, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
I thought it moved from happy to sad too quickly, but overall, it was a good episode :)
Apr 10, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
These first to episodes have been great. I really like all of the characters so far and am already starting to get attached.

Pacing was fine for me but I haven't read the LN and apparently they've left some things out so I might go back and read it after I finish the anime.
phantom19Apr 10, 2013 9:23 AM
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 14, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
Lol so Taiga got friendzoned by Kitamura, eh.
Who cares, we all know who are the OTP here :) The dragon and the tiger, huh? :)

That parakeet is seriously scary.
Jul 12, 2013 11:26 PM

Jan 2008
So yeah it took her almost a min and a half to say what she wanted to Kitamura but that is because he kept asking her stuff while she was trying to confess but it was cute how much she was struggling
Jul 29, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
That was some fast character development from Taiga! Though her getting friendzoned was... Kinda blunt :(
nice episode.
Sep 14, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
Taiga got friendzoned bi Kitamura cause he so that Taiga & Ryuuji are falling for each other, its so obvious from the way she talked about Ryu
Sugram22Jun 1, 2019 8:52 PM
Dec 8, 2013 2:28 AM
Nov 2013
First time watcher here, and already I'm liking the show more than I thought i would. Animes where romance is the main focus are usually not quite my cup of tea, and neither are ones set in school.

But to me, the thing that all stories hinge upon, is their characters. And already, I really like MC and Taiga. The rest have not had enough screen time to really get a feel for, but they certainly have potential. I usually have a hard time telling whether or not i will like an anime more than a few episodes in, but this one is hooking me already. I thought that a really nice job was done of building a relationship between Taigi and MC in such a short amount of time, and I'm amazed at the effectiveness of an emotional moment just 2 episodes into the series.
Dec 10, 2013 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
That was a cute and funny episode. Ryuuji and Tiger really are a weird ''couple''. I loved their evil plan at the basketball practice. Also when the two friend bring them on roof, Kitamura laugh cracked me up xD And man, what Kitamura told Taiga was almost too... frank. But I was pretty sure he would refuse.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 19, 2013 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
hopefully they dont base this entire show around these two characters half denying their lovefor each other
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 21, 2013 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Taiga's character design is really cute
Jan 27, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2011
That little laugh at the end, quite adorable, this is a wonderful anime.
May 18, 2014 4:06 PM
Jan 2012
Lovely episode once again. This anime makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside.
Sep 3, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
Oh wow, we are already deep inside the drama? I would never thought of it.
Taiga seems to be one of the most nice tsunderes I have encountered yet, maybe it's just the prevalent "dere" side of her. She clearly putted up a shell to masque her clumsiness, but she showed her weakness without secondary thoughts, like she was desperately in need of some friendly ears to hear her, judging by how she opened herself with a guy just known.

And, I really like Ryuuji. He's a very nice person who because of appearences and prejudictions is unable to express his positive attitude towards others and be known for what he truly is: a good friend. I also love his VA, as well as every other character's.

Nothing to say about character design as well, I simply like it, even though I don't see it suitable for drama and seriousness.
I hope this show will display also Ryuuji's efforts on trying to conquer Minori, and you know what? I also want that those 2 will end with who they really love, and not just end together, like cliche wants.
Sep 28, 2014 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
That was a quick and powerful confession wow.
Oct 8, 2014 10:55 PM

May 2014
Definitely liking the direction this is going, enjoying it a lot! It feels different from your average rom/com so far.
Oct 17, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, this guy's a fucking pushover.

Why try to be friends with an obnoxious little cunt who disrespects you?
Oct 31, 2014 7:00 AM
Nov 2013
I guess you can call that.....friendzone! XD
Oct 31, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2014
taiga annoys me but by the end she grows on you,
Nov 15, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2013
That went... things got a little heavy.
I wonder what they will do now.
Dec 13, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
The pacing was so fast.

Taiga friendzoned by Kitamura.

Obvious OTP is obvious.
Bheaze said:
hopefully they dont base this entire show around these two characters half denying their lovefor each other
+1
Jan 1, 2015 12:49 AM

Sep 2014
This was so fast paced, I thought I watched 12 episodes already. XD
Feb 2, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
RazielZero said:
Lol so Taiga got friendzoned by Kitamura, eh.
Sugram22 said:
Taiga got friendzoned bi Kitamura cause he so that Taiga & Ryuuji are falling for each other, its so obvious
Yeah, he totally sees it. I think he's shipping them already. Makes me wonder about Minori.

Seriously, Ryūji, she needs a hug. Go give her one.

It's always funny when you hear something like what Taiga was saying about Ryūji and can't help but think "Well, that sounds familiar..." without referring to another show. Heh. *hears a loud sneeze in the distance*
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Feb 2, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
Duneflower said:
It's always funny when you hear something like what Taiga was saying about Ryūji and can't help but think "Well, that sounds familiar..." without referring to another show. Heh. *hears a loud sneeze in the distance*

>.<; shush you! *mumbles*

about taiga :

Poor Taiga. baby girl got friend zoned. It's ok. Girls are now getting friend-zoned more than guys I hear from sources. but hey, baby girl. You got Ryūji-kun.
your dragon. As indicated in his name. Give him a chance. Kitamura, yeah he might easy on the eyes, but hon. you're falling for Ryūji-kun. don't be so pre-occupied with kitamura that you lose sight of the person who is : always looking after you. is there for you when you need him. makes sure you're alright, good or bad.

About:

Ryūj-kun : you're a good guy. to put up with all Taiga's violent behavior. Please continue to stay this way. to be a good guy to Taiga. she's little, and needs you. though the stubborn kitty won't really admit to it.
LadyDisraeliFeb 2, 2015 6:47 AM
Feb 2, 2015 6:55 AM

Aug 2014
LadyDisraeli said:
Duneflower said:

Heynow, I'm not sure the forum's quite ready for that~♥

Poor Taiga. baby girl got friend zoned. It's ok. Girls are now getting friend-zoned more than guys I hear from sources.
Really? I seem to keep hearing guys complaining about it. O.o
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Feb 2, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
Duneflower said:
LadyDisraeli said:

Heynow, I'm not sure the forum's quite ready for that~♥

Poor Taiga. baby girl got friend zoned. It's ok. Girls are now getting friend-zoned more than guys I hear from sources.
Really? I seem to keep hearing guys complaining about it. O.o

Oh,that's fine. The forum, will understand.

HMM. HMMMMM... perhaps it's equal then? yes, yes. that would fit.
Apr 21, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
Taiga just got friend-zoned.
Apr 27, 2015 8:29 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Still can't decide if I like it or not :/ It looks ok but ... meh IDK

May 10, 2015 5:23 AM

Oct 2013
Bheaze said:

word

better than the first episode but it feels soooo obvious Taiga and Ryu are going to be a "thing." I like the pacing though. Actually, I love the pacing.

Taiga is such an ass it frustrates the hell out of me, but she had so many cute moments I can't hate her.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 11, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
I liked it when that red girl was flying.
Jul 8, 2015 3:38 PM
Feb 2015
Wow she confessed but got rejected... Now she is developing a new crush :3

Gonna enjoy this series too
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Aug 30, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
That escalated quickly, well, maybe even too quickly. But I really can't say I wasn't enjoying it all.

It's true that by now he knows her the best because the moments they shared but it felt little rushed and feelings of love shouldn't change so quickly. Maybe it wasn't love in the first place, only simple infatuation but still, it feels like they were bit forced into their roles.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that this episode was pretty good, and that they managed to show Taiga's dere side too (the scene by the pole was brilliant). I kinda expected she will be rejected though. It's only obvious she was talking about Ryuuji during confession becuase he was there for her when she needed it the most. But that doesn't change the fact Kitamura shot her down pretty ruthlessly as noone wants to be friendzoned. When Kitamura left, their Tora x Dora pact only confirmed they care for each other, in their own way (Ryuuji's smile or tsundere-ish Taiga were pretty obvious).

Still, I'm not sure I liked it that Ryuuji left his conversation with Kushieda, not caring what she was saying at all. It was like his crush was gone. But.. I guess the trigger was that Taiga did something for his sake (and therefore it's somehow understandable). In the end they wanted to be enemies yet they became something more than just friends.

Now I really wonder what this show has in store. I have the feeling there will be date of Ryuuji and Kushieda and that both of them (Ryuuji and Taiga) realize their true feelings by then.
Mich666Aug 30, 2015 4:06 PM
Nov 15, 2015 1:13 PM
Nov 2015
That ending scene was cute AF. Tiger and Dragon. Now the Title makes sense lol I love blind watching
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.