Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2008 8:53 AM

Mar 2008
EverbaneAug 18, 2008 9:07 AM
Aug 18, 2008 8:53 AM
Oct 2007
Wow awwsome episode-

Cant wait of the next episode!!!!
Aug 18, 2008 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
Well, now it really has gone from a minority vs. world situation into a 1 vs world situation. Go Lelouch.
Aug 18, 2008 9:38 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode!
And Rolo FINALLY DIES!!
Though, I feel guilty for laughing during his death scene.
Sunrise tried to make us forgive Rolo, but unfortunately, not gonna happen.

What will happen now..
Lelouch lost everything, I guess that's the price he has to pay for using teh geass.
And..Suzaku lost his mind.
What will happen to those two..
Aug 18, 2008 11:01 AM

Oct 2007
People can say what they want but I find this season very entertaining. Alot off shit happens, they kill off characters, awesome fights, insane plottwists. This series got it all.

Now I wonder what will happen with C.C. and Kallen...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Aug 18, 2008 11:37 AM
Apr 2008
Smasher said:
People can say what they want but I find this season very entertaining. Alot off shit happens, they kill off characters, awesome fights, insane plottwists. This series got it all.

Now I wonder what will happen with C.C. and Kallen...
i agree
Aug 18, 2008 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
Rolo died..
Suzaku became insane.
Lelouch became lonely.
Kallen became worried?
Aug 18, 2008 12:03 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, I didn't like rollo before, but his death scene made me feel sorry for him... just a little bit, though.

Poor C.C. Nina went insane? Oh wait, she's already insane.

Now the big question is what will happen to Suzaku?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 18, 2008 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
suks for rolo, serves him right
lol
Aug 18, 2008 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
Veritias said:

Source?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 18, 2008 12:28 PM

Mar 2008
Veritias said:

sure mr. holmes
what ur saying is definitely not some 0815 bullshit
we believe you, really !
Aug 18, 2008 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
Fine, I'll give you some more;

Of course nothing of this is certain.
Aug 18, 2008 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
The show has officially become simple enough for Lelouch to just kill everyone. Yay Sunrise!

Also, what the heck is wrong with you people spoiling your own shows? I don't understand...
Aug 18, 2008 2:49 PM

Mar 2008
Veritias said:

zzz....
Aug 18, 2008 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
i wonder why Lelouch or Suzaku havent mentioned to the royalty about the Emperor's Geass power an how he mightve used it on them and the fact that he is now immortal, to at least team up against the Emperor and take him out before dealing with each other . i keep wish ing someone wouldve mentioned that by now
Aug 18, 2008 3:13 PM

Mar 2007
I was like O_______O
For most of the episode XDDD
But Thank God Rolo was there.
Also.....hahaha Suzaku has gone mad LOL
poor him w/all thats happened
Aug 18, 2008 3:18 PM

Aug 2008
Veritias said:

I can tell this isnt real from the second one.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 18, 2008 3:48 PM

Aug 2007
giddytron said:
DAMN YOU, ROLO. Now I want you alive, whereas before, I wanted you dead. ;~;

And damn, at least he's still got Kallen and Jeremiah. I'd like Suzaku to be on his side, too.

lol agreed about RORO.

Nina = epic fail
Kallen = epic win

..and a lot of big WOWs this episode..
Aug 18, 2008 4:33 PM

Jul 2007
I saw this coming from a mile away. Everyone would eventually find out that they were "used" and turn on Lelouch. However, I have a feeling that the Black Knights will return to Lelouch knowing that he is a manipulative mastermind. All in all, everything will fall into place and Lelouch will become victorious!! (haha I hope).

But, I wonder what Schniezer and co. will do with the Black Knights now that they have the same enemy... Frankly, Schneizer just looks so damn evil, and who knows what he might do lol.

PEACE
Aug 18, 2008 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
If it wasnt for Zero, the Black Knights wouldnt have made it this far. I doubt they are going to join back. There's only a few more episodes left.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 18, 2008 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
Personally I think Nunnally is still alive, That's just my opinion.
I wonder what's gonna happen to C.C.
and I can't wait for the next one.
Aug 18, 2008 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
I think that the Knight of One, that guy with the brown hair who came into the fight a few episodes back, might be smarter and more dangerous than even Schneizel and is more like the emperor
Aug 18, 2008 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Duality said:
Personally I think Nunnally is still alive, That's just my opinion.
I wonder what's gonna happen to C.C.
and I can't wait for the next one.

I kinda believe Nunnally is alive because one of the main reasons he wanted to destroy Brittania is because he wanted to created a peaceful world for Nunnally
Aug 18, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, Schneizel wasn't kidding when he said he held "All the cards". Check & mate, the Black Knights have just been played by yet another Britannian mastermind.

On that note, anyone else think Todoh and Ougi jumped the gun here?

Also a couple things I thought the show could've elaborated on:

1- Suzaku gone mad... all we get is him standing next to a crater and bursting into a maniacal fit of laughter. How about some details or at the very least some internal monologue.

2- Wasn't Schneizel's deal to have the BKs turn over Lelouche, not execute him old west style. Wonder what happened there?
Aug 18, 2008 6:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I go for the "Nunally is still alive" theory.

I mean, come on, a flash of light and no expression whatsoever on her face during her "last" moment... that is certainly fishy...

Suzaku will become a madman... Will he become the next Rau le creuset (Gundam Seed) ? Or the masked Graham (Gundam 00)? Sunrise seems to be using this stereotype a lot....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 18, 2008 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
Bleh, I suppose this was an okay episode. I think there were a lot of things they did wrong but I think some things helped make up for it.

I suppose at this point, no one should be expecting geass to be anything serious or believable anymore. I think this episode further proved we shouldn't and that it's really only meant to be mindless entertainment and that we should just take what we get for what it is.

The Order of the Black Knights... I can understand turning on your leader but under those circumstances? Perhaps it's just me but I find it incredibly odd that they would turn on Lelouch so easily. How horribly justified was that all (though this is not surprising -- it seems a lot of R2's developments are just very poorly justified or supported).

The enemy commander comes into your base threatening to blow you all to hell if you did anything against him, tosses a couple papers your way with pure and unsupported speculation that they were geassed, plays a taped recording of Lelouch without a drop of context, and then Ohgi, your commander that has been an incompetent moron countless times and loves a Brittannian agent, comes forth and proposes you adopt the very behavior you've come to scorn and sell Lelouch to Brittannia in return for Japan.

So what if he's a Brittannian Prince? Did they magically forget the meeting they had with Kyoto so long ago? Diethard hit the tip of the iceberg with his statement that the person who Zero was wasn't important but the writing stopped there when there was much more to that statement. It didn't matter who Zero was behind the mask. What mattered was that his enemy was Brittannia and that their relationship was still mutually beneficial.

mmmmhhmm.........

And so, you turn on your leader without even giving him a fair chance to tell you the truth or gather the many different people related to the entire situation. Is it that hard to phone Orange and tell him to get his ass back to base for an explanation of what happened? Is it that hard to actually figure out the truth before holding your commander at gun point and attempting to murder him?

Is it that hard to actually figure out what the hell is going on before you turn against your morals and sell off your comrade?
removed-userAug 18, 2008 6:58 PM
Aug 18, 2008 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
Freed said:
2- Wasn't Schneizel's deal to have the BKs turn over Lelouche, not execute him old west style. Wonder what happened there?

If the Black Knights killed him then the deal will be off? I still dont understand.

Rolo did have a honorable and redeeming ending. Good for him! Dam, I cant stop talking about Rolo. I miss him.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 18, 2008 6:57 PM
Aug 2007
Veritias said:

I'm willing to believe all of this, but where's the source?
EDIT: If it's 2ch or 4ch, then it might as well be brushed off.
DaysAreDropletsAug 18, 2008 7:25 PM
Aug 18, 2008 7:38 PM

Dec 2007
Well now Lelouch has lost everything, last week I would've felt entirely bad for him but now I don't as much. In many ways he has betrayed the Black Knights and lied to them and for that I bite my thumb at him. Also he has been a great champion for justice which has made me like him the entire time. I really like the fact that he lied to Kallen so that she would stop defending him and would have a chance to live. Now Rolo is gone, I didn't like him and I still don't but sacrificing himself to rescue the one person who he's ever cared about was rather touching, especially since as we know his love was rather one-sided. This has also confirmed one thing that I've really been kind of expecting and kind of not expecting at the same time
. I also don't really see how this is going to continue on for another six episodes since they could probably end it in another two.

#NBHNC
Aug 18, 2008 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
At first I thought it was Lelouch who would go "evil mode" but it seems Suzaku called dibs before him...
Other than that, Rolo (whom I wished dead) surprisingly catches my compassion by heroicly rescuing Lulu.
Lelouch x Kallen = Great
but
Lelouch x C.C. = would have been better but is now impossible unless she turns back to what she was before.
What else? Ah, yes... Nina has to die, asap.
Aug 18, 2008 8:15 PM

Apr 2007
Well, this just keeps getting interestinger and interestinger. This is some world-class melodrama we're witnessing here. I'm still having trouble believing Nunnally's really out of the picture.

After much contemplation on this matter, however, this episode made me come to the realization that there is only one acceptable way this show can end for me (note: for purposes of plot cohesiveness, I needed to add a few items in purple):
Aug 18, 2008 8:31 PM

Aug 2008
Bah! The Episode is amazing, but again, well for the first time on MAL I'll have to point out the overly emotional and illogical reactions of the Black Knights. Alright, so Zero has been some sort of dishonest the whole time, any idiot could have seen in the fact the bastard wears a MASK all the time, number one rule of the universe, people in masks LIE all the time. So you find out Zero is some princeling from the enemy country, oh dear god no?! Does that change the fact he is fight against them, that he has killed/injured large numbers of them with his plans, plots, and ploys? No sir, it doesn't.

The Reaction that "Oh he is a bad man" might come from the whole "Geass" thing, but then again like all things supernatural if I walked up to you and told you I was using my Geass powers to control George W Bush, you'd laugh at me. So a high ranking prince, who is your sworn enemy I might add, show up and has all sorts of information that may or may not just be internet-style blog madness, and you *boggles* BELIEVE HIM? What do the Black Knights only hire the most simple minded people in the world, is there an I.Q. test to get in and if you score a 90 or above they tell you to hit the road?

Now you might say "but Nyarlathotep what about all the other information out there, like how Zero knew about the Disaster that happened during the Second Tokyo battle ahead of time?" Really? You'd ask that question? Darn okay maybe he may or may not have. But, the idea of public opinion shifting so quickly and suddenly with hardly an arguement what so ever. "Oh but Zero is a good guy we know him pretty well!" "Oh but you do really know him so well?" "Damn you're right, lets get Zero, grrr!"

So normally I enjoy the writting in Code Geass, and from the stand point of someone that makes his living writting it has been one of the best written series ever, the dialog is even better than the over all scripting. I've give the whole series an A+, 100%, until this last few episodes. Now the scripting remains about the same and don't get my wrong I got a little misty eyed at the Rolo's Rescue and Death scenes. But the fact remains that the Black Knights are at best, ingrates with no real conviction, so what if you are being used? You are doing great things, changing the world, damn what would you all be doing without Zero? The answer for about 90% of them is being dead. Illogical people.

Oh they might come around in the end, a common anmie plot device, but most of us (I hope) have lost all respect we had for them, thus they become much less interesting as people. In my opinion the series will now completely be driven on the Antagonists and Lelouch, with all accessorial Protagonists having lost much of their appeal...

I still would rate the Episode a 9 out of 10 though, it fits the story, just from a writting stand point, oh and one of a Chaos God that deals in Logic... the theme for 19 was a bit off putting is all. Thank you for those that read this rambling diatribe and try not to assume the worst about me by this post alone...let all the future posts I make put the nails in that coffin hehe.
"I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places."

H.P. Lovecraft
"Nyarlathotep"

"That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death may die."
H.P. Lovecraft, most famous quote.
Aug 18, 2008 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
i felt so sad when rolo died, it has been a long time since i almost cried while watching anime....i wonder what is lulu going to do now. i am hoping kallen will join him again soon.

Aug 18, 2008 9:24 PM

Apr 2007
Woot! Rolo is dead and Suzaku is going crazy. For once I am excited for the next episode :D

I'm also curious about what's happening to Gino in the preview...
Aug 18, 2008 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
nyarlathotepsama said:
it has been one of the best written series ever, the dialog is even better than the over all scripting.

...lolwut?
Aug 18, 2008 10:01 PM

Jan 2008
wow Rolo bit the dust when i finally started to like him XXD
haha Suzaku snapped Nullaly's death triggered it XD
How is Lelouch gonna get C.C she is still in the organization XXD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2008 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
Ezen said:
Veritias said:

No idea where the real source is but I found it on code trainwreck, it's korean spoilers, and they were accurate last time so I dunno.
Aug 19, 2008 12:10 AM

Aug 2007
Nooooooooo. I hated Rolo so much. But they just had to give him a nice touching ending. I heart for an ending with Lelouche and Kallen. Glad that he tried to protect her until the end.
Aug 19, 2008 12:36 AM

Jan 2008
aww. they gave Rolo a nice ending. so touching...

and about Nunnally... T_T.. is she really dead?..

poor Lelouch. I wonder how will he survive in his current situation. or will he even survive?..

**i hated the deathnote ending, Kira having killed... i hope geass will not end the same.
Aug 19, 2008 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Brian333 said:
nyarlathotepsama said:
it has been one of the best written series ever, the dialog is even better than the over all scripting.

...lolwut?

*sigh* hehe, I made the mistake of assuming everyone was in the writting business. I'll explain a little bit.

Dialog is of course the words between the characters, objects or what have you.

Scripting is a term used to explain the general storyline, the point A to Point B to Point C.

In saying that the Dialog is better than the general Scripting is to say that the Dialog is more interesting than the other all story. I tend to forget that I live in a world of terms that are almost esoteric in nature. Sorry for the confusing way that line was written.
"I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places."

H.P. Lovecraft
"Nyarlathotep"

"That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death may die."
Aug 19, 2008 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
Well if that's what you're saying it's not saying much be cause the scripting by your terminology is horribly inconsistent and completely sucks ass at times. Saying the dialog is better than that isn't saying much.
Aug 19, 2008 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
Hahhaahahahaaa

CG with good writing?!

hahahhahaaaaha

Anyways, this Ep was filled with epic ZA WARUDO~ until death, I did expect Rolo to bit the dust.
And yay, Suzaku snapped, maybe we see insane version of Suzaku kicku~!
Aug 19, 2008 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
I already know people are going to disagree with me, but I don't mind. I'm not looking to argue, this is just how I took everything ^^;

I don't really understand how Lelouch saving Kallen means he is in love with her. I mean, in all reality, Lelouch has saved Shirley and C.C. before, and defiantly made it apparent he wanted neither of them to die either. So, I guess Lelouch is just a pimp if saving people means he loves them lol. I think if anyone else that Lelouch formed some sort of bond with came to his defense like Kallen did, he would have done the same thing. Lelouch isn't heartless, why would he want someone to die along with him? Especially someone like Kallen, who has a huge fighting spirit, I could imagine Lelouch wanting Kallen to live on and keep the dream of getting Japan back alive. Just depends how you take it I suppose.

Now, with the Black Knights betraying Zero. I do think it would have been stupid as HELL if they betrayed him only on the facts that he was a Prince or Britannia, and that he has a Geass. What I think though, is the whole Euphie thing reallllllly made them betray Zero. Knowing Zero went and had Euphie kill off a lot of Japanese would make them feel super betrayed, I mean come on, in their minds Zero had a bunch of Japanese slaughtered. I think that reason is understandable... if only they knew it was a freaking accident bleh! Too bad talking things over never works lol.

Le sigh, and I actually didn't want Rolo to die, he was insane, but he certainly did have loyalty to Lelouch, even if that loyalty was blind.
myautumngalaxyAug 19, 2008 6:36 AM
Aug 19, 2008 7:44 AM

Jul 2007
The prediction C.C. made is strange, because oddly enough he kind of began loosing everything with her. You could say that it began when Charles Geass'd him, but he kind of gained a lot from that also with his working place, Rolo, a knight for Nunnally.

Lelouch still has to lose Orange and Kallen though for C.C.'s prediction to really stick.

Rolo's end was really heroci/tragic for him, he ended up gaining some goodness back out of his crappy life and that was what counted to him.

Since Suzaku's already gone psycho Lulu's whole accident with Euphie might be forgivable because I get the impression Suzaku's going to go on and admit the real root problem with Japan/Area 11 began with him. Lulu may be evil, but that would put Suzaku as the cause of every evil that tried to reverse his. I don't blame him for just snapping. He deserves a break. A mental break. And then perhaps a break from life?

Still, Suzaku has been going for redemption this whole time, Lulu has been going to protect Nunnally. Clearly Lulu can't do any more, but maybe Suzaku can have a bit by killing Charles. I'd say he's just about to unleash his whole evil plan to start the world over again. But why is Schneizel in on it? He seems to calculating to just be ruled.
Aug 19, 2008 9:50 AM

Aug 2007
so nina is emo.
Lelouch gets busted
Nunnally dead for reals
Rolo dead for reals too....:(
Aug 19, 2008 10:13 AM

May 2008
EPIC!!

Rolo's death was really really sad. It actually made me tear :(

Can't wait for the rest of this series.

I think it would be truly amazing if they wrapped up the whole series with one Epic movie, where they would have the final face off between Lelouch and Charles.
Aug 19, 2008 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
Brian333 said:
Well if that's what you're saying it's not saying much be cause the scripting by your terminology is horribly inconsistent and completely sucks ass at times. Saying the dialog is better than that isn't saying much.

Sadly this is true, at times CG suffers from terrible writting flaws on many fronts, however the Dialog does tend to sound a little more natural than the average anime series these days. The main problem is now that I can't see a decent ending for the series anymore...I had such high hopes once. I'll finish out the series and hope for the best.

H.P. Lovecraft
"Nyarlathotep"

Aug 19, 2008 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
Veritias said:

crazy ass theories

you must be from Narutofan.
Aug 19, 2008 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
Veritias said:
Ezen said:
Veritias said:

No idea where the real source is but I found it on code trainwreck, it's korean spoilers, and they were accurate last time so I dunno.

Well it does fit my no decent ending theory...but the sadness that would cause me can not be measured by human minds...

H.P. Lovecraft
"Nyarlathotep"

Aug 19, 2008 3:25 PM

Apr 2007
WAI ROLLO

Lelouch shall die. Suzaku will rule the world. ;D

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

575 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 24, 2008

301 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihil - Aug 10, 2008

365 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 3, 2008

257 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.