Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jul 2, 2019 11:55 AM

Sep 2017
I'll be damned. This episode was really good. I've been trying to trim down how long my episode discussions are because I usually end up spending 15 minutes writing essays, but there is so much to go over this episode I'm not sure if that will be possible, so bear with me.

25 million dead... What a devastating weapon of mass destruction. For reference, that is over 100 times the amount of casualties from the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings COMBINED. You can see how significant the seeds of doubt are in Todo from the very start with him disobeying Lelouch's orders. With Lelouch pushing away Rolo, I guess you can finally consider Lelouch as broken. He's almost lost everything (the last thing he has is the Order, and that turned out super well now didn't it). I was (correctly) wary about them negotiation without Zero. Schneizel is way too intelligent to not take advantage of that kind of situation. These can't be considered negotiations. This is a massacre. Schneizel was able to, in what was likely only half an hour, systematically destroy everything Lelouch spent months building up. I don't think Geass should be considered a flaw of Zero. As Diethard said, it is more of a benefit than anything else. The Euphemia admission is quite damning, though. Kallen slowly began realizing just how psychologically damaged Lelouch must be, but unfortunately, she was too late. Rolo, as much as I hated you for most of this show, you managed to die a death as a good character. Rest in peace. Looks like Suzaku has gone insane. Interested to see how that develops. I love Rolo's grave. And at the end of the episode, Lelouch managed to find the motivation to live on. I'm fascinated to see how these last five episodes will develop. Lelouch vi Britannia vs. the entire fucking world. I'd say the odds are about even.
Feb 19, 2020 8:26 PM

Jun 2017
Dang, I'm kinda sad that Rolo died. I hated him but his death was heartbreaking, so now I'm on the fence whether to actually hate him or not because killing was all he knew :(
Jul 9, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
poor lelouch, everything he did was for nunnally and her future and on top of all that his crew is going to ditch him because the truth is outtttttt schneizel the snitch lol

even though i'm not the biggest fan of rolo, he did prove to be a pretty cool guy at the end, it was a bit sad

also NINA YOU FUCKING IDIOT I HATE YOU you created a super destructive weapon and you never considered that it could kill people?? did she never once think "huh it has a really wide range, it destroys a lot of things, i sure hope people don't get caught up in this"? DUMBASS.

suzaku has lost his marbles now, i hope he goes on a mad spree or something wild, that would be interesting to see from a usually straight-laced character

what is the ragnarok connection?????
Aug 16, 2020 12:59 AM
Jul 2019
I saw the influx in posts in this episode so I prepared myself for what's to come but that hit me harder than I thought. Code Geass is messed up, man. Damn. Rolo's death hit me hard. His life is basically shit, not a single moment of happiness until he was tasked with observing Lelouch and kill him when he turns Zero. With that life being shit, his morals and values are the same so I don't really hate him for what he did. Despite being hated by his "brother", he still treated him as a brother he never had and with Redemption arc beautifully executed, I'm glad Lelouch finally realizes what Rolo was to him, even after his death. He might be dead, but the life he saved still lives on.
Aug 19, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2015
It's lelouch against the entire world again, but this time he doesn't have anyone to protect.

Rolo really redeemed himself in my eyes, I appreciate the save. I wonder if Lelouch really respected him afterward, or was just giving him what he wanted on his deathbed. I think it was a little bit of both.

Suzaku's going crazy, and Lelouch's dad is ready to finish this. I wonder how it ends.
Oct 12, 2020 8:52 PM
Jul 2020
I almost teared up on this episode.... Rolo, you did very well my friend.
Dec 10, 2020 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
rolo kinda ruined himself for me when he killed shirley but regardless the love he had for his brother was genuine until the end and when he died i couldn’t help but be a little sad :(

anyways that betrayal was dirty AS HELL, they hardly gave him the chance to explain himself (and when briefly did he wasn’t honest), ogi can go f himself
Feb 11, 2021 4:28 AM
Oct 2016
What makes everyone come back to Lelouch, is the way he can go to the brink of the unforgiveable, and then somehow find a way back.
Like calling everyone pawns but revealing it was to save Kallen, or when he lashed out at Rolo and threw his phone, and yet at the end left that very charm on his grave...
Lelouch's really winning the hearts of anime watchers everywhere!
May 19, 2021 11:48 AM
Dec 2018
This was a great episode, I was on the edge of my seat.
Jun 20, 2021 6:21 PM
Oct 2020
Definitely late to this but uhh this episode made me ugly cry :((
Jun 28, 2021 5:01 AM

Apr 2018
Everyone left Zero.. Well that's what C.C told us. He'll lose everything except his Geass. Will the last fight be Father vs Son? Oh yeah, rip Rollo too.. And Suzaku is about to go crazy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 8, 2021 9:28 PM
Oct 2020
Fuck the black knights. Like yes let’s believe the imperialist power that they will free Japan. What a bunch of fucking donuts. I just want lelocuh to burn the world. Also rip rolo even if u did kill Shirley u were a goat for saving lelouch even after everything he did to him
hudsolo1Jul 8, 2021 10:19 PM
Jul 18, 2021 12:42 AM

Jun 2021
I never expected story would turn out.This episode is depressing and my favourite one.
Poor rolo.Suzaku loudly laughing like psycho.The dead people never going to come back alive.Without Nunally lelounch life is meaningless.The end already decided The Independence of Japan and the death of Real Zero.
Aug 15, 2021 5:11 AM

Feb 2018
Rolo :'(. At least the time he spent with Lelouch, he had a good time..
Sep 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Jan 2021
Everyone was so quick to believe and betray just like that and it was sad to see Rolo go even after what Lelouch said to him he still came back and when Rolo was speaking his point of view to Lelouch while using his Geass repeatedly was one of the best moments
Oct 11, 2021 9:19 PM

Apr 2020
Damn Everyone betrayed Lelouch, but Rolo didn't betray Lelouch. Rolo is really a good brother even though their relationship is fake.
Oct 27, 2021 9:04 PM

Aug 2018
I hate this. They all just betrayed him like that. Though I do find it interesting that they know who zero is now...

Nov 8, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2016
Okay... I had to pause this episode within the first 20 seconds because I couldn't help but scream with anger and dumbfoundedness, so I'll excuse myself for the caps lock. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SCREAMING ABOUT NINA!? YOU FUCKING CREATED THIS THING, YOU SAW IT BEING TESTED, AND YOU THOUGHT PEOPLE WOULDN'T DIE BECAUSE OF IT!? FUCK OFF! THIS IS JUST DUMB!! EVEN OPPENHEIMER KNEW MANY PEOPLE WOULD DIE FROM IT, CMON! HE MAY HAVE REGRETTED PART OF HIS ENVOLVMENT, BUT NOT LIKE THAT.

Phew, thank god I got this out of my system. Now I can go back to watching the frigging episode.

It's kind of hard to sympathize with Rolo after he murdered Shirley and was planning on doing the same to Nunnally, but his death scene was nice, even if out of character for Lelouch. Also, it felt like Nunnally's death had no weight to it. Maybe because of how rushed this episode was, that I completely forgot about her by the end.

Thank god this series is finally managing to get interesting, but I still find the Emperor (Charles) a very boring antagonist.
OgaZoSoNov 8, 2021 9:53 AM
Nov 8, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2016
maiawatchesanime said:
also NINA YOU FUCKING IDIOT I HATE YOU you created a super destructive weapon and you never considered that it could kill people?? did she never once think "huh it has a really wide range, it destroys a lot of things, i sure hope people don't get caught up in this"? DUMBASS.

Thank you for expressing my feelings towards this bullshit thinking of hers.
Dec 1, 2021 8:47 AM
Oct 2021
I can understand Lulu lied to his org this whole time and never confronted them, but how did the most loyal of the loyal of the team: Oghi, Todoh, Shinchiro would fall for the enemy so quickly. They would easily change their minds to kill their leader who has brought the Black Knights to the position they are in the world today. Ohgi being a simp is probably half the cause of this betrayal too. They don't even give him a chance to explain. (Well they did asked him at gunpoint but thats not it). Also if he considered them as pawns, why would he try to save them? I like the episode but its just very hard for me to believe that they fall for it very quickly
Dec 9, 2021 4:29 AM

Aug 2017
Finally Rolo is dead, that little shit was annoying. Too bad he just killed himself.

The betrayal makes no sense. It was still stupid of them not to do anything to Schneizel (kill, capture, or interrogate). I think Lelouch could have won back support if he explained himself, but he wanted to die at this point so didn't bother. It’s just annoying how quickly they turned on him, despite all he has done for them and their goals, they turned on him based off of information from their enemy at the time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 11, 2021 12:53 PM

Mar 2021
Lulu has lost it as if Rolo didn’t just kill him on the spot. Nice to see Nina suffer a little though. Ougi is a ballbag I wasn’t sure but now he’s revealed it. Rolo redemption sort of bless him he just wanted a big brother even if he was a psycho.
Apr 28, 2022 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
damn so Lelouch's sister is dead ? and r.i.p Rollo.
Jun 29, 2022 4:09 PM

Dec 2021
everybody is dead , left , abandoned ...

we enter the final arc of Lelouch's conquest to tule the world. ..
Aug 29, 2022 12:40 PM
Aug 2022
badass and sad lulu is the best
Oct 13, 2022 8:38 AM
Feb 2022
šŸ˜­ I feel bad for rolo tbh it was sadder than sheirly's death
Dec 25, 2022 7:03 AM
Dec 2020
Ahenshihael said:

So:

This ages like wine
Feb 20, 2023 6:56 AM
Feb 2023
Upon rewatching Code Geass 3 times including the recap movies, all the plot holes, dumb writing, plot conveniences & contrivances became more apparent.

The Highly praised ending Zero Requiem also makes no sense and feels contrived and forced to gain sympathy for Lelouch

10mins of pathos sequence and the grandiose opera soundtrack sadly can't fix all the plot holes, dumb writing and contrivances.
He could've kept the throne and made change happen differently. Even the upcoming sequels can't fix any of these.
These are irrefutable facts and the people who watched the show for the first time are blinded by the ending.
Jun 22, 2023 11:24 PM
May 2017
Now things are getting close to an epic. Thank you, Rolo.
Aug 19, 2023 5:45 PM
Dec 2009
Nina is like "My le bomb…. Le killed people!?"

What did she expect? 
Oct 19, 2023 8:13 AM
Sep 2023
Excellent and very good
Oct 28, 2023 5:40 PM
Aug 2021
realmente não estava esperando esse roteiro, Lelouch coingou demais
Nov 19, 2023 2:15 PM
Oct 2023
so everyone turned on Lelouc. Expect Rollo, which was very nice to see.Ofcourse C.C as well and idk about Kallen. but yeah Rollo sacrificing himself for his big brother even though Lelouch probably never considered Rollo his brother. and now everything is gonna come to an end. Lelouch is gonna fight his dad
Jan 26, 6:04 AM

Sep 2017
All Right, Let's get this over with.
This is one of my "worst" episodes I have watched, mainly because of the Black Knight's stupid actions

Honestly lost all respect for cornelia right here. Also all britanians acting like, "you got no other option"

Let's talk about the betrayal of the black knights shall we?

First off, allowing Schneizel to land on your place without calling a truce beforehand by sneaky means and even carrying a fleija just to taunt, that was a bit too much, it was clear he was negotiating on bad faith.

Second, Tamaki was played, as usual, with his loyalty/ stupidity moving whichever way the wind blows. I thought he had some promise but I was saddened to see how stupid and easily he bought into schneizel's manipulations.

Schneizel showed only few things, one being "geass" as something that is not explicitly demonstrated to everyone, and for all we know could have been made up. He associates Zero with Lelouch and shows voice recording of Lelouch with Suzaku, which could have been fabricated. He also brings a document for all we know could have been circumstancial. Not to mention Ohgi sleeping with the enemy/viletta, he suddenly walks with her in the room and tells, yeah. Why do the BKs take the word of someone who might as well been brainwashed by the enemy?

They didnt even show the communication log, schneizel just planted the doubt that zero could have been behind fleija, even though suzaku was the one firing it.

It would have been believable if Schneizel showed a live recording of zero geassing someone, or lelouch being zero and him geassing someone whatever, but he doesn't. And he just has to bring a conspiracy theory book which conveniently seems to explain everything.

Ok, Black knights are stupid and they accept it, unmask zero, who is their greatest asset for some slimy manipulating and lame pinkie promise from schneizel (just like the chinese eunuchs). But that is not the worst part.

They were willing to kill Kallen along with Zero even though it could be possible that Kallen was a victim of Zero's geass(even if they buy into the circumstancial fairy tale bs without any evidence which they never got btw), they never warn her not to look him in eye and walk towards them, it is completely one sided accusations like kallen says, and Zero has no other choice other than to buy into this coz they were gonna kill him anyway and it would be better to let "Kallen live". Zero has become a better character much more than before and the Black knights became worse.

Just at the beginning of the episode, these guys were all buddy buddy with Kallen,

And then these bastards were willing to kill her just with no reason, not to mention they baited her to make her invite Zero into storage area beforehand.

OHGI WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. ARENT U SUPPOSED TO LOOK AFTER KALLEN DUE TO HER BROTHER? AND NOW YOU ARE WILLING TO NOT JUST FIRE ON HER, BUT USE HER AS BAIT TO LURE ZERO??? WTF???

Not to mention all the Black knights are guilty of this sin.

There comes a point at which you may hate certain people in a show rather than villains. For me, this was that moment.

Fuck off black knights, you have sunk to lower lows. Even tohdoh and her female assistant, tamaki, ohgi, every one of them.

Btw Ohgi, what is stopping Schneizel from going back on his promise? Did you even think about it??? I guess not. He can easily go back like he did to chinese eunuchs after video leak. Stupid woman obsessed good for nothing.

Lelouch deserved betrayal, and he needed to pay for Euphy. If this was done in a believable way, this would have been fine. But now, I am pissed off at the black knights more than anything.

Things I would have rectified (coz this was a character assassination of the black knights in the worst way possible. I dont think you can root for them anymore without puking blood)

1. Schneizel shows video evidence of geass, convincing that there is actually something supernatural. This would be better believable as evidence for black knights and they could be rightfully afraid. For instance, When Lelouch made the Britannian and elevens push up and dance and stuff when he was depressed from Nunnally doing the SAZ, they could have got video evidence from some security camera or whatever, it could have proved beyond a doubt that he would even use Elevens just like that.
  2. Schneizel to Connect Geass with Lelouch and Lelouch with Zero. These two are very important. Even connecting geass with zero can do but this is better since it personalises him as shown later. Putting concrete evidence shows how serious this is.
  3. Schneizel bring forth a promise, that since they dont trust zero, they can take a gamble, but Schneizel will give back japan, with an official order immediate in effect on hand. With only caveat being that they need to unmask zero. If Zero is lelouch when unmasked , schneizel can capture Zero since this puts final nail that he is correct. If not they will still get Japan and Zero only gets his identity exposed for that.
  4. Black knights especially ohgi should have been more distrustful of britannians and ohgi should acknowledge his with viletta but say that there is a bigger threat of zero. Not only -that tohdoh can share what asahina said debate with him on the secret mission and secracy, not in front of schneizel.
  5. Ohgi to be more understanding of kallen and to tell her to get away from him rather than tell her to bring Zero as bait.

But what is done is done. The black knights are the most ruined characters ever.

Diethard closed his story just like that.

Poor Lelouch and Kallen, just when everything were turning around.

Even Lelouch got over his jerkassery what he had at end of S1 by being grateful towards Kallen. He was much more humane than he was last season.

He even is concerned for Rolo.

Despite him killing shirley, Lelouch still cares. Love is complex.

Rolo proved that he was far better than *cough* black knights *cough* by atleast being a character who had motive to save his brother as his raison detre.

I cried . This was the episode when even some crazy serial killer maniac was able to show he was still worthy of having a character, even though Lelouch pretty much shunned him.

And I think that is pretty much selfless love that he showed, which is a huge lot I can say. Making a hated character redeem somewhat is still admirable.

Too bad they made Black knights who I loved before this disgusting af.

RIP Rolo, you did well for a future that you wanted.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 26, 6:11 AM

Sep 2017
TLDR for above post on how I feel.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Nov 2019
Everything is spiraling out of control, there's just existential dread now
May 9, 2:47 PM
Nov 2023
i give this anime rating on 9/10 because Visual,Plot and character development is good.
May 16, 6:17 AM

May 2020
Ohh Nunally, Rolo, Kuro no Kishidan, even C.C, Lelouch loss everything in two episode. But yeah, Lelouch have something to do, to stop Geass in this world. Another objective must be done, another plot let's go. Finally Suzaku can impersonate Lelouch laugh.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

575 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 24, 2008

301 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihil - Aug 10, 2008

365 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 3, 2008

257 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 5:27 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.