Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 8, 2011 6:28 PM
Apr 2011
I hope this anime continues too.
May 8, 2011 8:47 PM

Dec 2010
...First a ship, then a bus now a plane...so much for hijacking anything important. Really looks like its going to be a death match.
May 8, 2011 8:48 PM

Nov 2010
Sort of suspected something was out of place, and it turns into a plane jacking...
Hopefully the battle ends soon.
May 9, 2011 2:45 AM

Oct 2010
Starting to feel to generic. In it for the animation and Taiga nostalgia.
May 9, 2011 3:37 AM

Sep 2010
What's with the moving hair?
That's so not like the earlier episodes.
May 9, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
Hi, I'm not get something...

Riko she's evil or WHAT??

And it was great episode... 4!!!!!
gilcohenMay 9, 2011 8:24 AM
May 9, 2011 8:53 AM
Apr 2011
What a twist, this was really unexpected for me, especially since I didn't read the manga at all. Riko turns out to be the Butei Killer and she's also responsible for Kinji's brother's death.

The whole episode was intense and kept me on the edge of my seat all the time, especially during the Aria VS Riko fight, which was great and in the end our heroine gets shot. A nice cliffhanger follows.

Too bad some stupid elements are included too, like the magical hair. That was unnecessary. Also, what the heck is that with the whole Sherlock/Lupin thing?

A solid episode though.

8/10
May 9, 2011 3:54 PM

Sep 2010
tl note: keikaku means "plan"
May 9, 2011 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
mystik said:
if only Aria died here. stupid rie loli's.

RIKO > loli!

yep yep yep yep yep
BIG TIME YEP
anyways putting my Aria Hatred aside,

if Aria were to die, then wouldn't it be a great twist then again, noticing how Aia has fans (...no comment) its better if Aria didn't die
just saying.
HakoshiMay 9, 2011 4:23 PM
May 9, 2011 8:41 PM

Apr 2010
GREAT EPISODE~! I knew this would pick up and get good. The whole decedent of Lupin and Holmes was pretty cool. Can't wait for next episode. XD
May 9, 2011 11:47 PM
Aug 2010
What the hell was that? Way too rushed, I feel like they tried to cram at least a few episodes of material into one episode. They better do some better explaining in the next few episodes.

I enjoyed the first three episodes (nothing special but enjoyable), but this episode was just too much of a jumble.
May 10, 2011 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
riko's motive's are way to lame tbh.
to 'test your skill', never seen that before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2011 10:49 AM
Feb 2011
Drago643May 10, 2011 11:03 AM
May 10, 2011 2:05 PM

Jan 2010
Now i like Riko :3
Sorry for my bad english ;c
May 10, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
Wow Riko... first that part in the room, and then on the plane she is the killer...
May 10, 2011 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
I thought that I was going to drop this series.....
I also soooo knew Riko was no good.
But glad I stuck to this series so far.
May 10, 2011 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
This is a really good episode and the series has a lot of potential
May 10, 2011 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Drago643 said:
I would have to say I am in the same though of emotions more or less in characters as you mention with Riko but it remains to be seen how much it will move to change my opinion of whether I would like her or not. So far giving a scar to a person does makes me detest her. So far in Aria's case, her desperate sadness over her mother is a factor to make me like her more as it was expressed less so in the manga. Visuals are amazing after all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 11, 2011 12:29 AM

Aug 2008
Drago643 said:
I mostly agree with you. That'd be because we are fellow LN readers. Hatred against Riko lessened each volume I read. And, yes. As I said in the previous comments, this is Supernatural, so Riko's hair is nothing.

Yumekichi11 said:
I would have to say I am in the same though of emotions more or less in characters as you mention with Riko but it remains to be seen how much it will move to change my opinion of whether I would like her or not. So far giving a scar to a person does makes me detest her. So far in Aria's case, her desperate sadness over her mother is a factor to make me like her more as it was expressed less so in the manga. Visuals are amazing after all.
Reading the LN, I care less and less about scars. Aria had scars on her other places too. I think no Butei bears no scars.
May 11, 2011 1:00 AM

Sep 2010
riko is more of a bitch then aria.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 1:07 AM

Sep 2008
KaitoDash said:
Reading the LN, I care less and less about scars. Aria had scars on
her other places too. I think no Butei bears no scars.

Lol. Even without novel knowledge I gotta say the scars don't quite measure up to serial killing, mass murder, and being personally responsible for the death of Kinji's brother.

Scars are just a natural part of these types of pursuits. If anything it's bizarre how many shonen heroes get to go through all their adventures while maintaining unblemished skin. Many of these guys should look like complete shit by the time they finish their journeys. Whether they're impaled, dismembered, or what have you it seems these guys heal up and maintain the skin of a newborn baby.

Never a big deal, but one you get into selective scarring it is a bit of a mild pet peeve.

It's nice to hear that's not gonna be the case here. I was worried we were gonna see the scars from a grazed forehead for sympathy and then the gutshot she got today was gonna be miraculously invisible after recovery.
May 11, 2011 2:39 AM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
Drago643 said:
I mostly agree with you. That'd be because we are fellow LN readers. Hatred against Riko lessened each volume I read. And, yes. As I said in the previous comments, this is Supernatural, so Riko's hair is nothing.
Yumekichi11 said:
Reading the LN, I care less and less about scars. Aria had scars on her other places too. I think no Butei bears no scars.
The point was the impact of when it happened, I could care less about the other scars Aria has less I know the person who did it and their reasons. It's the fact of knowing that Riko did and thus the hate towards her is justified. Starting every bad guy because as a whole they made those scars to Aria is no fun for my emotions.

May 11, 2011 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
Chiibi said:
All three of you sound like ignorant idiots. Sorry but that 's completely immature. I think 10-year-old boys have more sophisticated, intelligent conversations than that.

And if it's so bad to you, it obviously isn't bad enough to make you stop watching at four episodes. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000
May 11, 2011 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Alright, the series has greatly picked up.

Riko's a fucking beast.
May 11, 2011 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Detective said:
I know it's hard to understand the mindset of someone engaging in group mockery to pass time when you don't have any friends nor have engaged in viewing material in an open forum full of sardonic humor, but before posting something so asinine like your aforementioned statement please try and compose something a little less childish.

Wow, way too make assumptions about someone you don't even know. I hate people like you. I have plenty of friends......but we don't sit around watching anime we hate because we're not stupid or(masochistic) enough to torture ourselves with something we hate.

I'm so glad you had the genitals to post about your "intellectual superiority" online

I posted no such thing. All I said was you guys sounded like immature idiots. And yeah, you do.
Yelling
"gay
gay
gay"
multiple times in a row is not something I'd consider a mature, intelligent person to do. It's what a little child does, particularly when they don't even know what "gay" means.

It is clear that you are indeed the ignoramus for being so intolerable

I'M the ignoramus because I find your mockery of this anime to be childish and in bad taste?
Mockery with such words as "GAY", "profag", "TITS
ENORMOUS TITS" etc?

Ooooooooookay. I'm gonna go laugh myself to death now. Thank you for being so entertaining. I greatly enjoy irony.
Seriously, now, does your mother know that you and your buddies use this kind of language, little boy?
Grow up.
regarding an anime in which the main character becomes a psychic when the muscles in his phallus contract.

This further proves your idiocy because that's not even what happens in this show. Kinji does not become a psychic. You clearly don't understand what's going on at all, which is rather amusing since you keep calling the show "stupid" when you can't even get your facts about it straight. Lol
You're obviously too busy screaming vulgarities at the screen to even pay attention properly to the anime; from your friends' remarks, so are they or they wouldn't ask such moronic questions during your "conversation" like "why is Aria crying!?"

Herp a derp duhhhh I don't know, oh wait, that's right, IT'S CAUSE HER MOM'S IN JAIL AND SHE'S GETTING NOWHERE CLOSE TO GETTING HER OUT, MAYBE!?
ChiibiMay 11, 2011 7:36 PM

May 11, 2011 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
First half I was like wow, typical stuff. Throw in a tragic past and make Kinji feel guilted into becoming her partner, yea, whatever
THEN RIKO HAPPENED. HOLY CRAP SHE IS AWESOME. Too bad stupid Aria and her stupid voice didn't die :( Her voice and her moves and just ... RIKO IS TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS LOL ;3
May 12, 2011 6:49 AM

Sep 2008
OMG WHAT AN EPIC TWIST SERIOUSLY WHO KNEW THAT YELLOW HAIRED GIRL WAS BEHIND IT ALL?!

Oh wait, I knew. It was so obvious it makes me want to drop the show. Seriously.

Lame fight at the end too and yellow haired girl's reasons for her actions are so retarded and unbelievable that the whole show feels like a joke.
May 12, 2011 9:23 AM

Nov 2008
5layer said:

Oh wait, I knew. It was so obvious it makes me want to drop the show. Seriously.

You knew from the very start like episode 1? o_o How? I only started to suspect her in the scene where she was alone with Kinji because she was acting so weird....
ChiibiMay 12, 2011 9:48 AM

May 12, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
Chiibi said:
5layer said:

You knew from the very start like episode 1? o_o How? I only started to suspect her in the scene where she was alone with Kinji because she was acting so weird....

I don't know about episode one, but I certainly had her pegged by episode three. She was the only character with the skills and resources at her disposal required to perform these feats. Unless they introduced a new character it was gonna have to be her, and there was evidence against it being outside of the main cast (how much the killer seemed to know of Kinji's schedule).

I'm actually still moderately pissed that no one in the show had even the rudimentary sleuthing skills required to figure this out. It didn't require Sherlock Holmes, just someone who understands the basic concept of evidence. Kinji enters hysteric mode, figures out that Aria's in danger, but still can't quite put together that the killer is likely standing right in front of him.

It's becoming pretty clear that this is really an action series with little to nothing to do with law enforcement or detective work. Not "Action Cop" so much as the typical shonen action formula "Bad guy appears. OMG we better fight him!"

Which is fine. I love the formula. It just doesn't really seem suitable for the premise. Seems more like a "Bad guy is lurking in the shadows. We better find him so we can shoot him" kind of premise. What with these guys being law enforcement officers, and Kinji being in the Inquesta department which specializes in SLEUTH WORK!! Not to mention now they got this whole Sherlock Holmes thing going beyond just symbolic imagery. I would have really liked it if they'd followed through with all that or at least not engineered the situation to require massive stupidity of the main characters.

Someone's trying to kill you, Kinji! Why aren't you interested in who that might be?
May 12, 2011 8:10 PM
Feb 2011
Well attempted murder is considered an everyday part of life for Butei so they just shrug it off. One of the reasons Kinji wants to stop being a Butei.
Sherlock Holmes was praised for his deductive reasoning and the pinnacle of 'armed detective" in their world. He is the model of modern Buteis. Aria who didn't inherit that trait is considered a defect by the rest of her family. She always relies on intuition and was criticized for not being able to explain her actions properly.
Well, the information we know and the info the characters themselves know is different. When I first read the novel, I didn't suspect Riko until her behavior with Kinji before the airplane scene.
May 12, 2011 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
Drago643 said:
Well attempted murder is considered an everyday part of life for Butei so they just shrug it off. One of the reasons Kinji wants to stop being a Butei.

Legitimate. Still, since he's on the case he should be trying to figure it out.

Drago643 said:

Sherlock Holmes was praised for his deductive reasoning and the pinnacle of 'armed detective" in their world. He is the model of modern Buteis. Aria who didn't inherit that trait is considered a defect by the rest of her family. She always relies on intuition and was criticized for not being able to explain her actions properly.

True. Aria couldn't figure it out because that's an integral part of her character. If she could she wouldn't need Kinji.

Drago643 said:

Well, the information we know and the info the characters themselves know is different. When I first read the novel, I didn't suspect Riko until her behavior with Kinji before the airplane scene.

He knows that she's wealthy (can afford the cars, guns and explosives). He knows that as a high ranking Butei she has the connections required to obtain these armaments. He knows she's a genius with computers. He knows she knows him well enough to be acquainted with his bus schedule. That's all there is. No audience exclusive information was required here, nor was any really given that I can think of. She's the only character capable of any of this, and that makes her the prime suspect.

Like I said, it doesn't require him to be a genius. Just to have a basic understanding of the concept of evidence and to actually be curious about who he's chasing down/who's trying to kill him for ten whole seconds. John McClane could have put this much together, and he's not exactly a thinker. He's a man of action who happens to allow some basic level of thought to guide these actions. You know, as if he'd at some point received some basic level of training in the area.

What exactly do they teach him in these Inquesta classes if not basic lines of reasoning that can help one find the culprit? It's basic shit.
May 13, 2011 5:18 AM
Apr 2010
Who cares about all that now? that fight was EPIC~~!!!!
May 13, 2011 11:16 AM

May 2010
I don't know what to say but this one amused me. LOL

Anyway, Riko Route. DO WANT!!
StormViruzMay 13, 2011 11:19 AM
May 13, 2011 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
StormViruz said:
I don't know what to say but this one amused me. LOL

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5740/keikaku.jpg

Anyway, Riko Route. DO WANT!!
Now I understand people's rage about subs.
May 14, 2011 1:48 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, this episode was actually... good in comparison to the first three which I made through by sleeping with my eyes open. I actually thought of dropping this series sooner or later, but guess I won't after this episode. At least, for a while. Yes, those subs are lol, but who cares. Okay, everything was cool, Riko, darn. Finally something that breaks the typical characters (at least for now). And it also has hysteria mode again, yay! If this is the way it's going (despite the lame Lupin 4th vs. Holmes 4th thing), I'll keep watching.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 14, 2011 11:37 AM

Nov 2009
hu... i liked this episode unlike the majority it seems. The gunkata fight was enjoyable to watch, although i don't know what is up with that twin tail chop.

I mean really, if any character has more experience wearing twin tails it would have to be voiced by rie.

Need a longer hysteria mode....
May 15, 2011 12:33 AM

Jun 2008
I think it should've been obvious that Riko was not who she appeared to be....

anyways, seriously....WTF....magical hair and why the fuck doesn't that idiot actually do something instead of standing and screaming.
May 15, 2011 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit! Crazy pump action episode! Insane! This was the shit in the manga and no exception folks it is this time around. Heart beating fast! Now with the following,

I can unleash my rage on Riko. I did not want to do out of fear to spoil things for people but now is no more surprise. You piece of shit bitch Riko! You killed detectives and Kinji's brother! You are a scum shit ass girl that needs to be killed! I don't care for your breast and shit! I am on Aria's side and this is Justice! I happen also IRL to be with the Archangel Saint Michael whom is the patron of detectives and police man. After all he does carry a scale in some depiction of him and deals swift justice. Point being is that Riko should be punished and if the devil is with her then Saint Michael is with Aria. Riko killed therefore Riko should die! No exception. In the USA you can have a gun all you want even in the street in some states but kill and you rot in jail. Same goes for Riko. Now I feel a little better.

Confrontation wise in the following,

did not disappoint. Gun blazing dodging action was nice! What I really hate is in the spoiler
that hair is alive! Dangerous shit! She can manipulate easily a lot like that. I wonder if there was a mutation along with family DNA to give her that power. Last I checked Lupin the 3rd did not have that power nor did he have any hobbies like Riko does. I don't think he was a lolicon at all.

Anyways, Ariiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaa in the spoiler
shit man! That is a bullet wound that went trough. It does not look like any vital organs have been shot but who knows and I hope her breast was not shot. In the manga it was more of a poisoning. So now I am like Kinji, where the fuck is your hysteria! Come on guy! Activate it damn! Do it!. At least do it for your brother! Oh and fuck you Riko, seriously bitch needs to die now that you all know who she is!

Agreed, Riko is such a bitch. One thing i disliked about the ending of this episode: Keichi was holding knife near Riko's neck - and NOTHING, she still somehow shooted Aria, bullshit. Anywho, a very epic episode, 5/5. 10/10 show.
あらあら。。。
May 15, 2011 11:53 PM

Dec 2010
NONONO this is all wrong!! Why Riko?!?! You were supposed to be a cute dirty girl but nooo you went fucking psycho over some old family rival shit! Damnit...

May 17, 2011 8:35 AM

Jun 2010
Wowwwwwwww, and just when I thought the show was about to get watchable, it pulls a bunch of BS from out of no where.
Kinji was becoming an interesting character when a good detail of his past showed up and I thought it would become the start of a good motivator for him to stay a butei, and I even started to feel sympathetic for Aria, (Why such a random number of years of imprisonment for her mother, why couldn't it just be lifetime? Wait... what does her mother have to do with the butei killer? That came out of no where...) but the end of the episode was just laugh out loud ridiculous.

This f**king anime pulled such a stupid twist that even M. Night Shyamalan would be like, "What the f**k? really?"

1.5 for this episode, it's just being stupid as hell.
artist-retiredMay 17, 2011 8:41 AM
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
May 17, 2011 10:24 AM

May 2010
Someone please send me a gif of that parachute thing
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2011 11:00 AM
Mar 2010
Finally, interesting thing!!!
This episode in its second half is very very better then previous episodes....
I only hope it will continue to be like this episode.... at this moment, HNA is safe from drop...

next to 5th ep
May 18, 2011 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
what's with all the HORRIBLE decisions made in this episode... Kinji knew that the airplane is in danger, yet when he sees Aria he doesn't try to discuss about what may happen if the killer is on the plane, but instead he try to get his dick wet... damn it lolicon.
May 20, 2011 10:10 PM
Jun 2008
only thing i’m bit WHAT a mom in jail for 800+ years really how that happen especially with that jail time really who on “wacky pack” right now?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
May 21, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
I didn't expect Riko to have been behind it all, but the part with that flight attendant seemed pretty obvious [ not that it was Riko, just that the attendant probably had something to do with it xD ]. Derp, I still don't really like Aria but it was a good episode nonetheless. :U

But her hair. Wtf, why did Riko's hair come alive or whatever it did? xD

And do people not die from old age or something? Even if Aria's mom's sentence went from 800+ to 700+ shouldn't she already be dead anyway? Hrmmm :U
May 22, 2011 3:33 AM

Sep 2008
xxSaspra said:
I didn't expect Riko to have been behind it all, but the part with that flight attendant seemed pretty obvious [ not that it was Riko, just that the attendant probably had something to do with it xD ]. Derp, I still don't really like Aria but it was a good episode nonetheless. :U

And do people not die from old age or something? Even if Aria's mom's sentence went from 800+ to 700+ shouldn't she already be dead anyway? Hrmmm :U

Prison. Sentences. Are. Not. Limited. To. How. Long. The. Judge. Thinks. You'll. Live.

If you kill fifty seven people each on separate occasions, that can be as much as fifty seven consecutive life sentences. Iirc a life sentence is forty years in the united states. All together that's 2280 years.

The reasons for this are multiple. First, the judge can't just go shortening a prison sentence to his estimation of your life span. The estimation would be unreliable, that kind of power would provide loopholes that could be abused etc etc. The system needs to be rigid.

Also, it's significant for when he's found innocent. If they find that of the fifty seven people you killed, one of them actually died of other causes, they can't have that shave forty years off of a sixty year sentence just because the judge didn't think you'd make it to past eighty. Every individual crime must be given its' full sentence.

Not to even mention how it effects things like parole, getting out on good behavior, etc etc.

Mostly though, it just comes down to simple math. Homicide is a 25-40 year sentence. Grand Theft Auto is let's say 10 years. Criminal negligence can be 15 for the sake of argument. We'll say assault and battery is 5 years. So, you steal 4 cars, beat the owners shitless in the process, leave your baby alone in one of the stolen cars with the windows up on a hot day, all just to get to your wife's lover's house and shoot him dead. Well, that's now about a hundred year sentence and you're in your fifties. You're not making it out the other end of this.
May 23, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
Gangler said:
xxSaspra said:

Prison. Sentences. Are. Not. Limited. To. How. Long. The. Judge. Thinks. You'll. Live.

If you kill fifty seven people each on separate occasions, that can be as much as fifty seven consecutive life sentences. Iirc a life sentence is forty years in the united states. All together that's 2280 years.

The reasons for this are multiple. First, the judge can't just go shortening a prison sentence to his estimation of your life span. The estimation would be unreliable, that kind of power would provide loopholes that could be abused etc etc. The system needs to be rigid.

Also, it's significant for when he's found innocent. If they find that of the fifty seven people you killed, one of them actually died of other causes, they can't have that shave forty years off of a sixty year sentence just because the judge didn't think you'd make it to past eighty. Every individual crime must be given its' full sentence.

Not to even mention how it effects things like parole, getting out on good behavior, etc etc.

Mostly though, it just comes down to simple math. Homicide is a 25-40 year sentence. Grand Theft Auto is let's say 10 years. Criminal negligence can be 15 for the sake of argument. We'll say assault and battery is 5 years. So, you steal 4 cars, beat the owners shitless in the process, leave your baby alone in one of the stolen cars with the windows up on a hot day, all just to get to your wife's lover's house and shoot him dead. Well, that's now about a hundred year sentence and you're in your fifties. You're not making it out the other end of this.

Ohhhhhh!
This clears everything up! Thank you so much, Gangler. :)

May 24, 2011 5:31 AM

Sep 2008
Glad I could help^^
May 26, 2011 3:04 AM

Jan 2008
May 26, 2011 5:11 AM

Oct 2010
Volvagia356 said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1412/Lupin_III <-- SUDDENLY RELATED
Finally someone who said it! I was thinking the same thing about referring to that. Did not bother but you did exactly what I was associating the Lupin whole thing to in anime.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.