Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2011 7:16 AM

Jun 2010
I still think the first two episodes are better but this ep is not that bad either.. I am actually starting to like this anime
and its art.. It is very good, its animation as well. It feels like I am watching a movie
Apr 18, 2011 7:43 AM

Oct 2010
Azael said:
I'm starting to like the granny a little bit more.
I would have liked her a lot since she smokes the pipe unfortunately she got minus points big time for the slapping and forsaking of her daughter. This episode was not different with being ignorant about the bondage.

I do have a feeling she might change her view about Ohana eventually.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 18, 2011 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
Feels awkward when I watched this episode.. haha~

The bondage Ohana.. the sexy and wet Nako and Minko..

Hell for Jiroumaru =="
Apr 18, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2010
Yuri every where. So now that story line is finished and a new character is introduced next week. YAY!

Apr 18, 2011 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I didn't expect THAT... I looooooooved it! I'm a sucker for yuri fanservice XD
I'm probably one of the few, but I want moar yuri, if possible, combined with drama :3
Apr 18, 2011 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Wow... the yuri fanservice in this episode was way better than ecchi genre anime... and here I thought this was gonna be an innocent and clean anime. For once I actually enjoyed some fanservice... perhaps it's because of the great character designs... the girls are all so cute!!! though I didn't like any of the bondage bits... except Denroku getting embarrassed about it LOL :D

Loving Nako more after each episode!!! especially after this episode (>_>)

ugh... what am I thinking!!! This is 2D... appreciate real life instead...

StereotypicalApr 18, 2011 9:16 AM
Apr 18, 2011 9:13 AM

Jan 2011
Stereotypical said:

> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 18, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
I though this was a more whole some series. Aw well it's seinen. I thought could clear my mind a bit from such thoughts. The ropes part was really unexpected. Not that I am really complaining about it.

Ohana is really weird. She is quite a unique character.
darkzero999Apr 18, 2011 10:17 AM
Apr 18, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
Need dat OP full.

I wanna tie up Ohana as well, let me at her. щ(゚Д゚щ) And then we'd proceed with some mops, i guess. (´ー`)
Oh yeah, as usual great episode, i love this show.

Also need dat ED full.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 18, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Stereotypical said:

It's too late now, now be a dear and step across the line of 2D where everyone else is.

Apr 18, 2011 11:25 AM
Jun 2008
somehow the atmosphere changed alot from the last 2 epi as if they changed the director while maintaining the good art.I appreciate some light joke and serious drama from series like this but this ep is awful .There are too many comedy/ero series in this season and I don't think this Anime can compete with them....,not even a slightest chance .Lastly,That grandmother fail in this ep as well .....
Basically Cinderella story like this doesn't really fit for comedy .that's all
MorningGloryApr 18, 2011 11:30 AM
Apr 18, 2011 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Ah ok, so he isn't really a pervert. He just tried a different type of novel and used Ohana and the others as characters. The bondage scene was kind of... interesting. He even threatened to bondage the old man! I lol'ed when he blushed. xD

Good to see the landlady still has some nice things so say about Ohana. Hopefully everyone will get along better and better. Good to see Nako being so good at swimming and opening up to Ohana more. Also nice to see Minko is working so hard to hate Ohana... or at least try to word her anger better. =P

Overall a very nice episode. Looks like they're going to school next episode!

Apr 18, 2011 11:59 AM

Jan 2010
At the ending of previous episode i think He gonna rape her :D This anime is so great, but I dont see here a comedy, srsly :D
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Apr 18, 2011 12:06 PM
Mar 2011
What the HELL was up with that episode?

I crazy loser has been lying to you for months, mooching off of your service, runs away after stealing your truck, obviously needs psychological help, and you give him a job at your place? You let him LIVE in your home? HE STOLE YOUR GODDAMN TRUCK AND TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE. Lock him up or get him a psychiatrist for christ's sake.
Apr 18, 2011 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
a nice episode, i hope they have something more important in the next episode.
Apr 18, 2011 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Tenchio said:
I could hear the loud sound of all my expectations going down the drain - and it wasn't pleasant. Guess I was a fool for believing that I'd get something serious and good for once, instead of terrible humor and silly drama.

^
This.

There were many directions staff could have went to, but they took the wrong one. All the awesomness from first 2 eps faded away with this one episode. At least last bits of it restored a little what's been lost. Hoping that we won't get to see such silly/pathetic 'drama'' anymore, though it's highly possible I'm wrong. :|
Apr 18, 2011 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
Mikas666 said:
At the ending of previous episode i think He gonna rape her :D This anime is so great, but I dont see here a comedy, srsly :D

Just for a single moment after I read that I considered whether it wouldn't have been more interesting for the story if she actually had been raped...
Now I feel like horrible person. :c
Apr 18, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2010
Vinter said:
Just for a single moment after I read that I considered whether it wouldn't have been more interesting for the story if she actually had been raped...

Well it would've been enough if she reacted somewhat believable after being gaged and bondaged, playing it out as attempeted rape. But instead they went the weird comedy route, that in the end is even more tasteless by playing down the crimes this guy commited. I'm amazed most people swallow that without a problem and laugh about the old geezer blushing instead.
Apr 18, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
I do hope that, fun as it was, this episode was just a temporary aberration and this show returns to the quality and mood of the first two episodes.
Apr 18, 2011 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
nznznz said:
Vinter said:

Well it would've been enough if she reacted somewhat believable after being gaged and bondaged, playing it out as attempeted rape. But instead they went the weird comedy route, that in the end is even more tasteless by playing down the crimes this guy commited. I'm amazed most people swallow that without a problem and laugh about the old geezer blushing instead.

I think some people have gotten the wrong idea about Ohana due to it. Thinking she enjoys being tied up because she didn't fight back.
Maybe reading into it a bit much.

I can't imagine the writer going: "Lets have her be tied up here in his room, and not resisting, to show the viewers that she's into bondage. Then drop the whole subject and move on, just like random trivia."
It would be like a scene where two people are talking in the middle of a room, enter stage left Minchi, stands right infront of the camera and announces: "I like pears, they're my favourite." and then leaves. It makes no sense.
More likely, it's there to tell us what kind of a person Jiromaru is by telling us that the only type of knots he knows how to tie are bondage related, because he had a book on it to guide him through the process.
Apr 18, 2011 2:54 PM

Dec 2010
Vinter said:
More likely, it's there to tell us what kind of a person Jiromaru is by telling us that the only type of knots he knows how to tie are bondage related, because he had a book on it to guide him through the process.

To the viewer he might seem like a poor guy that didn't intend to harm her, but a young girl reacting with sympathy is a far stretch even for Ohana. But I could've lived with that if at least the rest of the people would react to him as expected. Instead they make it seem like a non-issue and to make things worse he now seems to join the regular cast becoming everyones buddy. I already see them sitting together in episode 26 laughing at the stupid things they did in the past: "haha I almost raped you, fun times". ;)

Including rape as a topic and treating it with the necessary care would've been so much better, instead the show degrades itself to yet another average slice of life by avoiding the matter and choosing a comedic way out and (imho) failing miserably. It almost seems as if the producer decided at the last minute this would be too serious. The fanservice was just a distraction from that mess.
Apr 18, 2011 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
LMAO
bondage eh
didn't expect that xD
anyways, Kappappa~ LOL
interesting episode c:
Apr 18, 2011 3:32 PM
Oct 2007
sparkling good <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2011 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
Wait, this is Hanasaku Iroha right? -rubs eyes- O > O?

I guess I should take this as calm before the storm or something like that XDD

I enjoyed this series nonetheless especially the bondage OTL dammit

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 18, 2011 4:51 PM
Oct 2010
nznznz said:
To the viewer he might seem like a poor guy that didn't intend to harm her, but a young girl reacting with sympathy is a far stretch even for Ohana. But I could've lived with that if at least the rest of the people would react to him as expected. Instead they make it seem like a non-issue and to make things worse he now seems to join the regular cast becoming everyones buddy. I already see them sitting together in episode 26 laughing at the stupid things they did in the past: "haha I almost raped you, fun times". ;)

I thought about it some more and I think it kinda fits with her personality but still doesn't make much sense. Similar to her grandmother, she's giving the customer the benefit of the doubt, and she's eager to solve the issue in a way that doesn't bring trouble for everyone, proving herself while at it.

Still, it would have been easier to believe if she was shown frightened at first, then confused and finally curious, after realizing he's not trying to rape her (which is a feat for someone in her position, but still possible.) Then she could worry about how to help him, but not before...

An issue with the slice of life genre is that implausible reactions or events are automatically lampshaded and easily make the viewer/reader break from the immersion in the story.

I don't mind the comedy, as long as it's not slapstick, gag or parody, since those don't go well with this genre... in my opinion anyway.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 18, 2011 5:05 PM
Sep 2009
Shi~ba~ri :3

Pretty much sums up my ideas on the episode. 5/5
Apr 18, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2007
People just want to complain about everything they don't like, don't they?

Yes, it had fanservice and Comedy in this episode, so what? This episode had plot and character development and instead of talking about it they compare this episode to the mindless fanservice shows? I am in despair.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 18, 2011 7:44 PM
Apr 19, 2011 12:20 AM

Jun 2008
servant-saber said:
Ohana is... odd? I Don't think many people would react in such a way after been confined and tied up.
Episode not as good as the first 2 IMO, it seems to have lose its more serious atmosphere which i enjoyed.

Ohana is an oddball. Her character didn't change much but the atmosphere indeed changed. The show seemed a little more serious before. But keeping that tone for all episodes it could have been a little tiring to a certain point so i guess. I am a little shocked by the erotic innuendos though. Didn't thought it will go that far although am certain that's the limit.

Small unnoticed detail. Minko's mole.
Apr 19, 2011 12:27 AM

Mar 2010
damn that nako part was hawt. like watching a Japanese Baywatch
Geso
-----:D
Apr 19, 2011 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
Siva said:
People just want to complain about everything they don't like, don't they?

Yes, it had fanservice and Comedy in this episode, so what? This episode had plot and character development and instead of talking about it they compare this episode to the mindless fanservice shows? I am in despair.

Like I said before, :/ the fanservice didn't affect much of the plot, or character development. But I didn't expect the fanservice would go that far, not with this ani/genre
still enjoying this show. :)
Vforvendetta said:
There's no big deal ... the fanservice scenes didn't affect the plot/story much, it just wasted a few second though, we can see the character development in this ep. Minko,Nako and Ohana got closer, Ohana is still such a great character, the way she taught that eroge novelist a lesson was kinda cool, and also was Nako, didn't expect her to save that jerk! She isn't a shy girl anymore :P, and we can see how much effort Minko put in the word "ballut".
Great as always!
Shoujo-ai is fine to me, I don't hate it if the girls go crazy over each other though but I can't stand shounen-ai =S

Everybody just keep complaining about stuff they don't like O.o .. u guys should read the comments instead
Apr 19, 2011 2:37 AM
Apr 2011
My thoughts? I can pretty much sum it up with three letters:

WTF

I try not to randomly point fingers claiming a show's got some sort of message to it, but really?? Young girl gets abducted by middle aged man, gagged/tied up... everyone finds out - then suddenly it's OK?

I seriously thought she was going to get raped in the last episode, but this new episode while providing some form of 'relief' still leaves me with a giant gaping ಠ_ಠ face carved into my soul.

I suppose I'll continue watching. It's interesting/cute/unpredictable if a bit dark and, well, misled.
Apr 19, 2011 3:19 AM

Jun 2010
MegamanZen said:
Hột vịt lộn!

Anyone else notice the Vietnamese?

I didn't notice that till now. Laugh so hard. Great to see something from our culture in an anime.
Apr 19, 2011 3:39 AM

May 2009
People actually thought she would really get raped this episode? Oh wow. I don't think Hanasaku Iroha will become that serious. This was a funny episode and the fanservice wasn't random and actually fit in with what was going on.
Apr 19, 2011 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
nznznz said:

Yeah even if the guy isn't that scary and looks like an idiot her reaction of getting tied was a little crazy but i believe it was kind of a hint for the character she has. It shows that she's a crazy free spirit (probably got it from her mom).

As about the guy i really don't see what great crime you are talking about. Lying and not having money to pay the rent maybe annoying and enough on an excuse for many people to get angry but it hardly is a very horrible crime. His more on the pathetic side instead of the criminal side. If he was acting on pure evilness because he enjoys fooling and taking advantage of people they wouldn't have tolerate him, but they saw that he wasn't really like that. He was just in a sad state.
Also this ain't people living in some big busy city where capitalism, money, power and fast rhythm, rule supreme. They live a more simple relaxed life closer to nature and you have to realize how that affects their character. Nice people in such places can really be very generous because they are a lot more relaxed and in piece with themselves.
MonadApr 19, 2011 3:56 AM
Apr 19, 2011 4:35 AM

Oct 2007
I don't see how Ohana's reaction of getting tied was a little crazy, well unless you guys compared her to any other normal girl. If you go back the first episode you will see she has been a really weird character from the beginning. Talking to her Mom like they are friend instead of mother and daughter. Her only one friend confessed to her but she made it sound like her friend was telling a love story and more...

The only that surprised me in this episode was that the Landlady was sharper and kinder than I thought she is.

@Vforvendetta: I didn't specifically point out at someone and I didn't read every single comment on this thread either and you shouldn't expect me to do it either because there is no way I would read 7 pages long comment. Specially on MAL, almost 75% of those comments are pointless to read. Well, it is great that you can see the good side of the episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 19, 2011 4:58 AM

Nov 2009
Thks, I just felt very annoy, we don't usually see much of serious drama/slice of life genres nowadays ...
Please don't stain this show by posting negative comments because of some inappropriate fanservice scenes. This show deserve to be praised.
Anyway, P.A Works put lots of effort on this show to celebrate their 10 years anniversary, so dont loose your hope, yet.
Apr 19, 2011 4:58 AM

Dec 2010
Monad said:
As about the guy i really don't see what great crime you are talking about.

They live a more simple relaxed life closer to nature and you have to realize how that affects their character. Nice people in such places can really be very generous because they are a lot more relaxed and in piece with themselves.

Crimes might be a bit strong, but abducting and tying someone up is very close. I doubt anyone wants to see his granddaughter in that position. And I would expect people living in secluded rural areas handling personal affairs more rigorous than anywhere else. Those are the guys with the pitchforks, and seeing the cook giving the perv a beating wouldn't be half as weird as what we got instead. ;)
Apr 19, 2011 7:27 AM

Feb 2011
i think they turn into ecchi anime
but that wrong
funny episode
Apr 19, 2011 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
nznznz said:
Monad said:
As about the guy i really don't see what great crime you are talking about.

They live a more simple relaxed life closer to nature and you have to realize how that affects their character. Nice people in such places can really be very generous because they are a lot more relaxed and in piece with themselves.

Crimes might be a bit strong, but abducting and tying someone up is very close. I doubt anyone wants to see his granddaughter in that position. And I would expect people living in secluded rural areas handling personal affairs more rigorous than anywhere else. Those are the guys with the pitchforks, and seeing the cook giving the perv a beating wouldn't be half as weird as what we got instead. ;)

Don't forget he also stole a truck.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 19, 2011 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
MY BODY WAS NOT READY.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 19, 2011 12:52 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I want that Yuri novel.
Am I the only one that thought Minchi's effort to think up an alternative wording of "Die!" is very hilarious and endearing?
”Hobiron!”
Hana-keiApr 19, 2011 3:13 PM
Apr 19, 2011 3:56 PM

Apr 2009
...........wat.
That was unexpected.....kinda broke the mood of the show so far, made it a lot less believable. Hopefully it's just a momentary falter?
Not that I dislike yuri or anything....just so out of place >_>

Apr 19, 2011 4:18 PM

Nov 2007
Err, this was a joke episode right? This was such a disappointing shift in tone and in writing quality. I really hope we won't be getting more episodes like this.
Apr 19, 2011 4:42 PM

Jan 2011
Apart from the stupid fanservice moments, I thought it was still really good. ^^
Apr 19, 2011 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
I was really tired of getting pissed off at the characters, so I kind of liked this episode, it didn't make me hate anyone in particular. Either way, I've been pretty good at not letting my expectations get too high with most anime lately.
Apr 19, 2011 4:48 PM
Jun 2008
awkward is the right word... Nice episode because i still like the characters, but the plot of this story felt a bit forced Also don't like Ecchi shit, that should only be reserved for shallow bullshit series... 3/5
Apr 19, 2011 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
Tons of erotic scenes here but I don't think it'll turn yuri. Still, another great episode but not as good at episodes 1-2.

Balut is delicious indeed. But seriously, I love the fact that she hates balut.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 19, 2011 6:44 PM
Apr 2011
MisaTange said:
Balut is delicious indeed.

I seriously hope you're not being serious.
Apr 19, 2011 8:30 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I guess they have to sell DVDs somehow.

A shame.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.