Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 1, 2012 8:25 AM

May 2012
Nice final episode though very open so they could easily make a second season! I do lack a final plot in this all and or some kind of global development either way this was a nice anime but it could have been better 6/10
Dec 3, 2012 1:34 PM

Oct 2012
Good show..not masterpiece but good. If only ending was better, a lot of questions are left behind that need answers so i guess there should be season 2 but 1st season ended a year and a half ago...so...i guess, again, there is no 2nd season :/
They should've at least made few more episodes and make nice ending if there didn't plan to make season 2! Damn you!
Dec 30, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
The ending was weird...like what everyone else said anyway. I guess I should start reading the manga, perhaps I'll be satisfied with a different ending.
And always remember that the cake is a lie
May 13, 2013 5:55 AM
May 2013
I would say i loved the anime... the plot was great, the action was also good...
But episode 13, i'd have to say it sucks ^^ hence i will start reading the manga and hope for good ending...
I was really disappointed with how mistletine or whatever her name was died...
Was kinda pathetic for the so called strongest nightmare...
Also the way that yumeji got his power and wouldnt go down from her attacks was stupid seeing as how easy the other strong nightmares went down even if he was not a normal human.

Anyways main reason i really disliked the ending was cuz she was too easily defeated, i kept looking foward to seeing merry use that power she used to defeat Engi previously... Well i'd say last ep was really crap way to end for a great series, hoping to see some awesomeness from merry in MANGA
May 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
any chance of season 2? D:
Aug 27, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
This definitely needs a S2. If you end it like that. What I dont understand is why? Why do they make an anime thats needs to answer questions and then just dont answer them. =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2013 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
Colourful creative idea covered with shounen shit, last battle was terrible I hate when characters turn from underpowered to overpowered. Could be great, it's medium stredched 6/10.
Nov 27, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2013
Oxy said:
What in the fuck... Was that the last episode?

This pretty much sums it up. The show just did not finish.
Dec 17, 2013 5:19 PM
Nov 2013
Well, First 9 episodes I loved the series and would have given an easy 9/10. Last 4 were blah compared to that......6/10. Overall, I will give the series an 8/10 and even though remote I hope for a season 2.....the series could have been a lot better if the last 2 episodes did not seem so rushed. It would have been better had they fought Mysteltainn to a stalemate and withdrawal, then continued a new season or better yet kill her vessel (since he was a piece of trash anyways, in many ways just as if not more evil than her) forcing her to obtain a new one before coming back. My score could easily go back up if they had another season to expand on things and/or fix the mess that was this last episode.
Dec 21, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2013
KintaroOe said:
Well, First 9 episodes I loved the series and would have given an easy 9/10. Last 4 were blah compared to that......6/10. Overall, I will give the series an 8/10 and even though remote I hope for a season 2.....the series could have been a lot better if the last 2 episodes did not seem so rushed. It would have been better had they fought Mysteltainn to a stalemate and withdrawal, then continued a new season or better yet kill her vessel (since he was a piece of trash anyways, in many ways just as if not more evil than her) forcing her to obtain a new one before coming back. My score could easily go back up if they had another season to expand on things and/or fix the mess that was this last episode.

I would love another season, only reason I dislike this show is because it was rushed and the story wasn't finished. But at this rate it looks bad for a second season, the show isn't well received in general from what I can tell so I doubt it will happen. At best, maybe an OVA, or perhaps just a re-do at the show entirely some day in the future.
Dec 21, 2013 11:08 PM
Nov 2013

I would love another season, only reason I dislike this show is because it was rushed and the story wasn't finished. But at this rate it looks bad for a second season, the show isn't well received in general from what I can tell so I doubt it will happen. At best, maybe an OVA, or perhaps just a re-do at the show entirely some day in the future.

At this time I would agree with your assessment for a season 2.....very unlikely possibility. A series of OVA's or a re-do would also be preferable options to just letting a show that had the potential to be epic die at the hands of the mess that was that last episode.
Feb 11, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
S2 or OVAs are never going to happen. I finally got around to watching this and wow I really was enjoying myself until the last two episodes. What the hell man? That finale was such a wash.

The theme is really nice but it just flopped in the end. Love the soundtrack though. Very different and it worked perfectly.

Oh well. I knew there was a reason I kept putting this off. 7/10
Apr 16, 2014 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
My god that was horrible. My expectations were low but dam was this bad.

Especially Yumije's bullshit power up, which I was expecting and I was expecting his power to be the same exact thing that just happened.

First few episode's were pretty boring but it did get rather interesting but then of course it went anime original and fucked up.

The OST was pretty shit as well, totally ruins the atmosphere. Also yeah the atmosphere of the series was pretty dull through out.

The character's are bland and two dimensional, the plot was pretty OK but then again nothing is explained and full of plot holes. I had to force myself to finish this.
Also Yumeji is a hypocrite.

Only good thing was of course them VAGINA BONES!

Was going for a 6-5/10 but this ending..
4/10
AozureApr 16, 2014 6:50 AM
Sep 5, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
I felt the show dragged after a strong start. I feel as though the story could have been told in probably half the episode count.
Nov 13, 2014 11:05 PM

Apr 2010
I'm taking a guess while the bullet failed to kill Mysteltainn it may have weakened her enough to let Merry and Engi deal damage.

From what Yumeji said losing your dreams is not a permanent condition as it is possible to reignite your former dream or find a new dream.
Dec 8, 2014 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
She let herself get attacked at the end. Anyway, good series.
Jan 28, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
I think ending feels like it's leading up to a season 2........
Mar 7, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
I'm disappointed by the ending. I was hoping that Merry and Yumeji would kiss in the end.
DarK-LaWApr 11, 2015 3:21 PM
May 15, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2008
Farewell nice music during certain scenes lol.....COOOKIE..>CUTTRER....lacking butter show. 6/10
Jun 27, 2015 7:01 AM
Jun 2015
when is there gonna be a english dubbed of dream eater merry episodes 14 to 26 i wanna finish watching/watch more episode 13 ended like there was more to be seen like more episodes were supposed to be made ...where the rest of the episodes in english dubbed just watched dream eater merry the complete collection english dubbed which had episodes 1 to 13 where the rst it obviously was not the end of the anime the way they left eposide 13 like there was gonna be more cause merry didn't get back to the dream world or fight pheros haracies yet i know theres more episodes i wanna continue watching the rest of dream eater merry email me at nickakatata@gmail.com or contact me on google plus name is nickakata on there too need to urgently know this info please and thank you ^_^
Jul 5, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2008
The ending was kinda anticlimatic but it's still a good show. Loved the art and mystery atmosphere in this show. I wish there would be a 2nd season since they left us with so many unanswered question :( 8/10
Oct 21, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2012
Another series that's begging for a second season, I hate when this happens. Although to be honest I'm not sure I'll actually pick up the second season if this series does get one, it was enjoyable for the most part, but with the anti-climactic ending and repetitive storyline, there are many others I would rather watch.
Dec 1, 2015 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
jakeisquite said:
kinda surprised at the somewhat crappy ending. at least it sets itself up for a 2nd season hopefully.
Jan 6, 2016 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
This show's ending sums things up nicely. Vague, poorly explained, and disappointing. 13 episodes and not once did they explain Merry's significance, where she came from, why she is what she is, or Yumeji's powers. This show was weak tea overall. Poorly directed in the art department, bland characters, and a nonexistent purpose.
May 29, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
Leon looks like something i'd expect from those people that made Galaxy Express 999 -w-.....

...sadist hentai =_=*

hm, nope, that ending felt sort of weak- and a bit rushed,
there are way too many questions left unanswered for my liking -.-'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 20, 2019 10:07 PM

Sep 2017
where's my season 2? so many plot holes to fill smh my head. I really enjoyed this anime.
Rate 9/10 not because quality or story, but I rate it that because I enjoyed it overall.i hope they make a season two.
Dec 28, 2020 3:40 PM
Apr 2020
Well that was a underwhelming uncomplete finale. . .

I'm feeling that this anime is really lacking something, and I think it's the execution. The fight scenes and the story plot could have been better. Even some of the OSTs are out of place or not suited. Even the animation is a little bit meh..

I'll give it a fair 7/10 overall rate. This anime should've been done better. .
Jan 18, 2021 9:53 AM
Jan 2021
Personally i dont like the ending i dont know why maybe because the fighting took to long and why is mistelblabla is so easy to beat at the end but so fucking op at the beginning and where is the Op merry like when she defeat engi damnn she is so op bruhh that episode is the highest ranking for this series but after that episode it going downward
The mc is not coward and the other character is lovable too

Well yeah overall 7/10 it quite a underrated anime and i still dont know why merry is turn on for some people
Dec 19, 2021 11:05 PM
Oct 2021
I'm not sure if I should cut this anime some slack because it was created 10 years ago, but it kinda seemed like it fumbled a bit and made a conceptually interesting story less appealing.

Definitely gonna check out the manga now. I'll send an email to the producers and ask them to make a second season. :^)
Aug 10, 2023 6:54 PM

Dec 2022
Ending was way too abrupt. It felt like a few of the scenes were cut short because of time constraints or something, even when you take into consideration it only adapts a portion of the manga.

Anyway, this is a very gifted anime. Excellent characters and sense of aesthetics, with consideration put into a unique setting as well. The animation in the final episode was beyond my expectations. I did have some worldbuilding questions, and the combat before the final episode was often disappointing; but there isn't much to complain about otherwise. Definitely a competent package.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2012:

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.