Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2020 6:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So according to the end there will be a second season ? The second half of the episode was really pleasant for the eyes
Mar 30, 2020 6:44 AM

Aug 2017
Well, it was what I expected although it had some good twists at the end. I felt the ending unfinished for some reason. Will Satoru and Hiroki keep escaping of the Company for the rest of their lives? Will they be killed? We will never know since the manga has the same ending.

Honestly, it's not a problem of the show, but the director. 6/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 30, 2020 10:28 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2020 6:53 AM

Nov 2010
Brilliant. Although the direction at the early stage was confusing, the show got momentum from the middle and finished quite well. The plot including cunning moves of characters was precisely calculated. If there weren't awkward direction, unnecessary gay vibes and ugly eccentric art / character design, the show could have been a masterpiece.
---
Ok, let me get back to the last episode. Ron was shot to death. Good job, Mr. Matasa. Then the twist at the end. Unpredictable. Apparently, Kasturagi - the nuisance of the show - dominated certain screen time and made us excited with passion.
Although I don't think the sequel will be made, the last line of Jin gives us a bad hunch. As it seems Tsukasa is happy with Jin, it would be fine leaving him as is. But if the thoroughbred of Tsukasa and Jin is to be imprinted some curse, the future of Satoru and others gets dark. (Just a fancy:)
---
The show got the score of 6 or so, and more than quarter people stopped watching. It's a shame that potential perspectives through the posts were lost. The failure at the early stage was irretrievable.

--- edit ---
about the direction
kuroneko99Apr 4, 2020 1:23 AM
Mar 30, 2020 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
Well, I'm glad this is over. The core concept was interesting indeed, but shit just got too tangled up to even follow, to the point where I just gave up trying. At the end, I don't even know who's who anymore, and this last episode asspull switcheroo just felt superfluous on top of it all.
Mar 30, 2020 7:21 AM

Nov 2019
Is it just me, or was anyone else creeped out with the relationship between Katsuragi and Jin's mom, Lianlian..

Kind of predatory if you ask me..
Mar 30, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2017
The revenge plot of Satoru just got bad with the interference of Long, Katsuragi and Tsukasa, but with his manipulation of Carrier Pigeon Katsuragi, he managed to make things clear with Hayashi hiding his "peak" from Jin and Meiling. Thankfully, Long got massacred before he could do anything worse, because honestly, Katsuragi would've chosen to live the family life, but circumstances changed the way he lived his life.

With Satoru knowing the full picture, he seemed like he wasn't to let go of Tsukasa after so much manipulation, but whatever,all 3 of them managed to escape from the clutches of "The Company". Of course, Tsukasa's crushing of Hayashi was a sin that he could not repair, but letting Hiroki take his place is more than enough to repair his memory loci, valleys and all is the only way to atone for his sin.

At the end of it all, the rainbow that carries the future of the "image" is up to the user, and leaving Tsukasa in the dream world is the only option for both Hiroki and Satoru to live a life without him, memories erased. Instead, Hayashi has given both Satoru and Hiroki the wayhead of the future, his predictions far from before he was a dead man way back in Episode 3/4.

A very hard show to follow, but results vary for extending all the way through.
Mar 30, 2020 7:59 AM
Sep 2015
Suddenly the pace is very fast, this episode deserve 46 minutes while 6 episodes before deserve only half of its time. Seriously the editor team ruin story and animation team effort.
Mar 30, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
I felt like this show was a nice show honestly.

It can look confusing in areas, but you can take first few episodes of them establishing who these characters are, and the work they do. While later, it played a guessing game of who is gonna end up escaping, while setting up from looks of things, rebels against the company, vs the company. Seeing who saves who, or who crushes who. Which sets up quite the interesting second season if one comes.
Mar 30, 2020 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
It was great show for me and I liked that open ending at last so we can make up our own story in our own minds or share it with others.
Mar 30, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
I was wondering how everything would get wrapped up, but it seems they didn't wrap things up. So, the pacing felt very natural.

Tsukasa's thoughts are contradicting themselves, and that is an extremely uncomfortable feeling. So, I feel really bad for him right now.

Actually, I also feel bad for Hiroki, Katsuragi, Hayashi, Satoru and Jin. I really want to see how things will continue.

Since Mal says the manga is only 5 volumes long, I thought this anime would cover the whole story. Based on the incomplete feeling the ending gave, I feel like there is still some content that is yet to be adapted. Now, I just hope we get a second season!
Mar 30, 2020 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
My favourite anime of the season
removed-userMar 30, 2020 8:59 AM
Mar 30, 2020 8:59 AM
May 2015
this_shit_again said:
Is it just me, or was anyone else creeped out with the relationship between Katsuragi and Jin's mom, Lianlian..

I agree. She was basically a child in a woman's body, yeesh...
Mar 30, 2020 8:59 AM
May 2015
this_shit_again said:

I agree. She was basically a child in a woman's body, yeesh...
Mar 30, 2020 9:01 AM

May 2019
This deserves at least a mean score of 7, man.

Even though it had some problems here and there, it definitely wasn't as bad as its score suggests.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 30, 2020 9:02 AM
Feb 2019
This is another title from Studio Geno, which until now has always brought great anime, even though it is a recent studio, and I can say that Pet is probably the best one ever made by him.

Pet is one of the best animes of this season, the anime production surprised me a lot, all the elements that were created to give the illusion of the mind according to the work are incredible, it is easy to understand the mystic that happens here, thanks to the script of the anime, which maintains a great evolution until it reaches the final episodes.

After understanding the rules imposed by the anime, the story begins to develop, working and linking each of its main characters that make the plot roll almost like a suspense. The characters are not exceptional, but they are useful in the context of the work.

The anime lets us look at the two sides of the coin, and go on to formulate how everything can end. We see characters being deceived in front of us, others being manipulated for their own interests, whether for good or evil.

Pet is certainly the most wronged anime of that time, and deserved more recognition.
Mar 30, 2020 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
This was... very fast. Not sure what to make of it.

this_shit_again said:

Yeah. Then again, pretty much every relationship in the show is messed up. It's not a series about good people.

Mar 30, 2020 9:16 AM

Feb 2019
Damnn yo what the fuck, I was not expecting the Katsuragi twist at all. He played his roles well af. Mailing being his daughter was also extremely unexpected

I feel so bad for Hiroki and Satoru because they were just pawns in this game that’s so much bigger than them. Their emotions and abilities being exploited like that is awful. Katsuragi, hayoshi and Linlian also deserved better

So at the end, since all his memories were erased, were they raising Tsukasa to be long’s successor ?

This show really really turned things around after the first ep and I’m glad I stuck with it. Once it got going in the last 3rd, it really got going. It’s a shame this was so slept on. It actually had a lot of ID:Invaded vibes at the end.

Pet earned a 8/10 from me.
Mar 30, 2020 9:19 AM
Aug 2019
OMG, it's the finale.
I didn't expect Katsuragi to be Jin's father.
Tsukasa has had enough. Poor Hiroki had to erase Tsukasa's memories.
It's nice to see Satoru and Hiroki succeed in escaping and that end with the valley and the rainbow was beautiful.

Mar 30, 2020 9:40 AM
Jan 2018
FuMomo-kun said:

Since Mal says the manga is only 5 volumes long, I thought this anime would cover the whole story. Based on the incomplete feeling the ending gave, I feel like there is still some content that is yet to be adapted. Now, I just hope we get a second season!

They actually adapted the entire story and the ending looks to be the same as in the manga (My Japanese still isn’t very good). Apparently though a sequel manga will be written so we might get to see a second season
https://twitter.com/pet_anime/status/1244618379622666241?s=21
Mar 30, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
Seems rather like an opening ending than a set up for a second season.

Was quite a gripping watch. Concept and relationships of the characters were something I haven't seen in this form yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2020 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
JokerMac said:
FuMomo-kun said:

They actually adapted the entire story and the ending looks to be the same as in the manga (My Japanese still isn’t very good). Apparently though a sequel manga will be written so we might get to see a second season

Oh my god, that is such a good news! It's probably the best news I've heard this year. lol! (There haven't been a lot of good things this year.)

I think I also want to read the manga. But, my Japanese is also crap. Maybe I'll wait till I get a little bit better.
Mar 30, 2020 10:05 AM
Jan 2020
Ok, emotional episode. I'm a crying mess...My poor Jin, Hiroki,err...Tsukasa? and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Kasturagi. I hated him all this while and it turns out his jerk behaviour wasn't any fault of his. My bad mate,"Requiescat in Pace"

Long was a class "A"..didn't feel a thing when he was offed.

Tsukasa is such a wonderful tragic character, I'm sure if given the chance Shakespeare would use a time machine just to feature him in one of his books. You can't get anymore dramatically tragic, than "losing your memories to erase the mistakes of the past" right? right? lol... Oh, who am I kidding? I ugly cried when each of his memories started disappearing like that.

Satoru playing a fast one on Hiroki to contain the grief was nice though...and isn't Hayashi just the sweetest by giving them the coordinates to a real life rendition of his peak.

"Pet" was a very nice series overall..not great, but nice. I enjoyed the thrill of guessing through every episode and the characters were intriguing to watch and decipher. It truly was a mind-bending ride and if there's one thing I learnt from this anime, it's that we should always cherish our memories and more so the people who make them with us...cos u'll never know when the next Crusher will come knocking on your door to wipe them out...
Mar 30, 2020 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
Good finale with some great revealations. Lianlian and Katsuragi's lovestory maybe creepy to some people but it looked quite beautiful in my eyes. Katsuragi was a nice guy, he helped and fell in love with a girl who was pitiful before she met him. Anyway didn't expect that Long would die thou, that came as a shock. Also F for Tsukasa he became a child.

Decent anime overall and this ended with an open ending so there's surely possibility of a new season.
Mar 30, 2020 10:58 AM

Sep 2017
I really liked this anime overall.
Though I was pretty lost before eps 3-4, when I got the overall concept and the story and finally understood the plot it was so fun and intriguing to watch.

It's sad people dropped this, but it's understandable.

8/10

Mar 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Oct 2018
pretty messed up ending, season 2 is coming?!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 30, 2020 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'll admit this show did seem to get much better after a weak start in the first couple episodes. Even though my understanding of everything that went down isn't 100% there, it was still interesting to watch. Not as terrible as one might assume (especially based off the average score), but that doesn't mean it was really that great either. I wasn't too satisfied with the ending either but oh well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 30, 2020 2:34 PM
Dec 2017
Man this show is convoluted af, but just so good. I understand that certain things about the show made people uncomfortable, and the direction left viewers slightly confused, but the show still has so much substance in it. I'm definitely going to give it a re-watch.

Current rating: 8/10

Also, i'm a little confused whether there's going to be a second season. As far as i understand this is where the manga ends.
Mar 30, 2020 3:35 PM
Oct 2019
JokerMac said:
FuMomo-kun said:

Great! I'd be happy to see another season because I REALLY liked this one. So many plot twists and revelations, so many features for each character ❤️ ((Also I was pretty shocked seeing how Katsuragi was not meant to be an asshole actually))

By The way, now the opening has a totally different meaning If you rewatch If after the end...
I really hope We'll see more of Tsukasa, Hiroki and Satoru, We'll wait!
Mar 30, 2020 4:29 PM

Sep 2017
Damn okay I feel like this was pretty rushed compared to the last few episodes and the art seemed to be lacking as well. Bit of a shame for the finale because I feel like what actually happened was all pretty good stuff.

Also very open ended to the point where even tho there is only 5 manga volumes it felt like they left something out. Apparently (comments above) this is how the manga ended but there may be a sequel series which would be cool.

Anyway Katsuragi was kind of a badass in the end. It sucks that he had to die like that. Their relationship was a little weird, but we don't really know the maturity of Jin's moms mind.

Tsukasa finally broke for real to the point where he'd let Hiroki change his memory to such an insane degree to avoid the pain. Ironic how he was always talking about the importance of a super tight lock, but it was that lock which ruined him.

The way Satoru escaped was pretty clever. Hayashi's instructions lead them to his peak location. They prob skipped a bit because they managed to leave Japan in one cut. Lot's of room for the story to continue if they actually plan to try to rescue their broken friends in hope that seeing the peak irl would save them.
Mar 30, 2020 8:39 PM

Oct 2018
I'm kind of embarassed that I cried rivers and everything was caught on camera. YET I'm so proud I made a reaction serie on this incredible anime! TT__TT <3 <3 <3 <3 INCREDIBLE EPISODE <3 <3 <3 <3
what a twist T-T <3 twist after twist <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2020 3:06 AM
Apr 2015
This anime so underatted
Mar 31, 2020 4:22 AM

Jul 2016
TGAvi said:
This anime so underatted
I agree I really enjoyed the ride from start to finish.
Mar 31, 2020 4:35 AM

Jan 2016
it kind of started to get better these last few episodes, but the ending was disappointing if there won't be a second season. All the characters are shit, so I don't even feel bad for any of them. Well, it's a solid 4/10
Mar 31, 2020 8:34 AM
Dec 2016
TGAvi said:
This anime so underatted

Agree. The story is a little bit confusing at first but as the story moves forward I managed to grasp the concept little by little.

Imo it's a very interesting story despite the animation.
Mar 31, 2020 9:21 AM

Sep 2016
This is one of the very few shows that I would love to rate it from 9 (after watching ep# 6) to 10 after finishing watching it. And I have to say that it will replace one of my top 10 favorite animes. I need to think which one can be removed from the list.
There’re so many shows out there that start nicely but end pretty unremarkably or even disappointedly. But this last episode is definitely one of, if not the most amazing finale I’ve ever watched. It was full of unexpected surprises with no disappointments.

Who would’ve thought that Katsuragi would be such an important character? For me, he’s always a minor villain but also a comic relief that is fun to watch. But I was teary to see him find someone who would heartily say ‘Welcome Home’ to him. He had a terrible childhood, but at least he also had happiness.

And I couldn't help bursting into tears during the scenes where Hiroki was removing Tsukasa’s memories step by step, especially where the memory of Tsukasa trying so hard to make the pancake for him was gonna disappear. It’s been quite a long time since I cried over a show last time.
The way the author portrayed Tsukasa was as if she’s portraying a protagonist. That’s probably why he’s so relatable even though being a very twisted & complicated character. The existence of this character alone makes me feel lucky to notice the show by accident.

As for the scenery Satoru & Hiroki saw at the end, it seemed that the solution Hayashi came up with was to let the pets see the real scenery of their peak so that they could have their own memories, thus get rid of the strong connections with their peak fathers and become the masters of their own one day.

I saw some comments somewhere else saying that the manga is going to continue. Would love to have a 2nd season for sure if that’s true. But if not, I will have no complaints cuz this is already a pretty complete & satisfying story.
Mar 31, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
ElneFasto said:
I really liked this anime overall.
Though I was pretty lost before eps 3-4, when I got the overall concept and the story and finally understood the plot it was so fun and intriguing to watch.

It's sad people dropped this, but it's understandable.

8/10

Same thought here, though the ending had me thinking (because of Meiling's butterfly). It was a great initiative to adapt the manga and bring it to an animated version, because otherwise we could not watch such great anime.

I missed some better direction, but still a great anime considering the low quality of the season.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Mar 31, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2016
RobinTheKing said:
it kind of started to get better these last few episodes, but the ending was disappointing if there won't be a second season. All the characters are shit, so I don't even feel bad for any of them. Well, it's a solid 4/10

I pretty much find them better written than almost all Shounen anime ones. Also, they weren't designed for you to "feel bad" about them, actually.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Mar 31, 2020 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Thoughts on this episode:
- The pace was too fast. Could have been two episodes easily. Especially the parts where Tsukasa and Hiroki go into Tsukasa's memories
- I had a feeling Hiroki would crush Tsukasa but I did not expect it to be unintentional. Tsukasa got his comeuppance though I was sad for him. He was the best character in the show easily.
- Katsuragi's relationship with the girl-child was cringe and did not make me feel any better towards him in any way.
- The open ending is a cop out. Thought the message was always to be able to escape. Sure rescuing Meiling would be good but the other two might as well be left where they are. Pets, sheesh.

Thoughts on the show:
What I liked about it was that it was different from the usual stuff out there. The last few episodes were quite entertaining. The animation was usually shit and there were lots of pacing issues. Could have been better produced.
Mar 31, 2020 2:14 PM
Nov 2019
I'm so mad they left Meiling behind, kinda ruined the message for me. Saying they'd try to come back for her just isn't enough; she was right there with them dammit, all they had to do was scoop her up and limp away.

luciojb said:

Same thought here, though the ending had me thinking (because of Meiling's butterfly).

The butterfly gave me a pause too - but then I realized Meiling got her butterfly from Hayashi, and Hayashi's peak turned out to be a faithful copy of the real world place - hence the butterfly in the final scene is probs real as well.
Mar 31, 2020 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
Man Katsuragi was the best. Great final ep though a bit fast paced.

It's sad that this show is rated so low. Pet is way better than overrated Id:Invaded that was intentionally made for kids (this fact literally ruined the series).

I doubt we'll see the end of the story, but that was a fun ride nevertheless. Hope Geno Studio will continue to animate similar shows like Pet and Kokkoku. They are doing a nice job.
Mar 31, 2020 3:46 PM
Apr 2015
operationvalkyri said:
Thoughts on this episode:
- The pace was too fast. Could have been two episodes easily. Especially the parts where Tsukasa and Hiroki go into Tsukasa's memories
- I had a feeling Hiroki would crush Tsukasa but I did not expect it to be unintentional. Tsukasa got his comeuppance though I was sad for him. He was the best character in the show easily.
- Katsuragi's relationship with the girl-child was cringe and did not make me feel any better towards him in any way.
- The open ending is a cop out. Thought the message was always to be able to escape. Sure rescuing Meiling would be good but the other two might as well be left where they are. Pets, sheesh.

Thoughts on the show:
What I liked about it was that it was different from the usual stuff out there. The last few episodes were quite entertaining. The animation was usually shit and there were lots of pacing issues. Could have been better produced.

Animation not bad
Anime was enjoyable
Mar 31, 2020 10:15 PM

Feb 2014
That cliffhanger kinda end for the finale was really creeping with the ED dropping the tunes in the background. Everyone went crazy with all these visits down the memory lane. No one was left sane. Damn Hiroki really crushed Tsukasa. Satoru pulled whatever he could to save his life and it was worth it. Guess this show could use a new season with a better pacing.

this_shit_again said:

Well love finds it way in the most weirdest of ways. At least they looked happy.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 1, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2012
Great direction in the last episode. The flow was done very well, the climax of the episode (Hiroki eating Hayashi) was done brilliantly, I am very impressed.

While this anime had me anxious in the first half, things DID fall into place and it became enjoyable to watch. I would LOVE a sequel. That ending definitely gives some room for a 2nd season. However, I am pretty certain this anime will not be that popular to garner one.

Art and animation are kinda terrible sometimes. You can tell when the animators got lazy like when their faces are inconsistent.

Katsuragi x Lianlian flashback... Dang, I didn't think Katsuragi would be a decent man before his memories were "hidden" but wow, he was a kind fellow. Sucks his daughter (I forgot her name sorry) had her memories altered afterwards.

7/10
Apr 1, 2020 5:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This one of the 4 series this season where I loved every single episode. It pulled me right from the beginning, surprising me all the way through. The story was highly unpredictable, and I love how complicated Tsukasa was, as well as the complex relationship between peak givers and their pets.

It was actually a bit difficult to watch Tsukasa go downhill in the later episodes, and it was just downright sad in this episode when he just wanted to forget everything. I cried when Hiroki tried to change Tsukasa's memories, and him having to see that he's the one taking away all of Tsukasa's memories...including the ones with him. How terrible it must've been. Must've felt close to how Tsukasa felt about crushing Hayashi. But clearly neither of them were thinking, or capable of thinking in that situation. How could Tsukasa's peak-giver be changed to Hiroki, if his memory will still include himself sharing his peak with Hiroki? Kind of like the chicken paradox. But well, Hiroki is young, and he wanted to do his best for Tsukasa. He annoyed me a bit at times with his naivety and rebelliousness, but in the end, he's really a good kid. Satoru as well, he's so trusting and seems to have "forgiven", or at least chosen to let Tsukasa go.

That second to last scene was beautiful, the intensity of their hopefulness towards the future inspired me and made me cry tears of happiness, these are the moments that I love when watching anime. I also loved what they did which the character designs in the scene, it was closer to the mangaka's artstyle and the brush-like lineart looked amazing. Imagine if the whole series looked like that. Not that I'm complaining, I actually love the character designs, and I'm surprised (but also not really) that people think it looks weird.

Crushemerylush said:
Ok, emotional episode. I'm a crying mess...My poor Jin, Hiroki,err...Tsukasa? and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Kasturagi. I hated him all this while and it turns out his jerk behaviour wasn't any fault of his. My bad mate,"Requiescat in Pace"

Seriously, the Katsuragi part was just wow. Just like the other pets, he had a terrible childhood, but he also was a good guy. Who knew it was due to sealing a part of his memory that made his personality that way. It's sad that he died without remembering Jin, but at least he didn't die knowing his daughter killed him. Look at how much that screwed up Jin. The mafia(?) life really is just a life of tragedy. Although I think Tsukasa really came out of this in the best condition, in that he forgot all his pain and sins. Look at his innocent smile as he played with the puppy! Well...as long as Jin doesn't really raise Tsukasa the way she wants to...

Wow, the manga is getting a sequel? That's really surprising given that it ended 7 years ago! Usually sequels are done right after or with a short break. I'd really love a second season, but given the reception and lack of people watching it, I highly doubt it. Well, I'm not sure how it's received in Japan or if the manga got a significant amount of extra sales. Although...it's gotten a stage play, so it seems like Kadokawa is really pushing for the series. Hm.

Forgot to mention...best OP and ED of the season :D
Apr 1, 2020 8:50 AM
Feb 2019
Oooo myyy gooood what was that that was the best episode that i have ever seen in my f@#king life
Apr 1, 2020 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
this_shit_again said:

yea...it kinda felt like DILF!

Apr 1, 2020 10:36 AM

Nov 2019
What I keep circling back to is..

We never got the answer to how big a rapist Satoru actually is..

Was that the first time he tried something like that..

Or has he already racked up so many victims he'd have a media nickname by now if it weren't for his ability to alter memories..
Apr 1, 2020 12:15 PM

Dec 2016
getting season 2 vibes from that ending, but, considering the manga only has 5 volumes, i'm presuming the director just wrote it like that since it worked with the pacing. all in all, a surprisingly good ending considering how shit it started off.

this_shit_again said:
We never got the answer to how big a rapist Satoru actually is..

was satoru a rapist? can't remember anything like that happening
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 1, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2019
photophobic said:
was satoru a rapist? can't remember anything like that happening

Episode 5. At the hotel bar. He tried to psychically compel Jin into having sex with him.
Apr 1, 2020 1:55 PM

May 2014
God.. wow that was amazing I freaking love the unpredictability of it all.

I really, REALLY felt for Katsuragi, Hiroki and Satoru, even Tsukasa to a certain extent.. Ah seeing his memories destroyed was so disheartening..

Jin was one of the more enjoyable characters too and it was so sad to see her go crazy almost like her mom.. ugh, this is all just a big tragedy and then they hit us with Hayashi's peak and I CRIED D:

I give this show 8/10 just because of some direction errors and the art/animation, BUT I will give it 10 just because so many people shit on it and it does not deserve any of this!

Definitely agreed with who said the show had the best OP/ED, it was godly and I'll keep listening to this set forever! Thank you Pet and Geno studio~! I'll look forward to Golden Kamuy now :D

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.