Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
Tanjirou deserves big brother of the year award, I don't know why but for some reason I don't hate Zenitsu, usually despise those kind of characters.
Jun 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, amazing sakuga all around. The fight is short but amazing. Zenitsu fight is highlight this episode. The boar mask is strong too. Next Tanjiro vs Drum demon. To the next episode.

Jun 22, 2019 5:18 PM
Sep 2017
Tanjiro is such a good big brother! This was so obvious in the way he took care of and talked to the kids and gave them the courage they needed to do what had to be done. Sleep walking badasses are also fun.
Jun 22, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
Was wondering how Zenitsu survived the selection with that weak annoying mentality? But hell I know now! He should keep that cool side, it definitely suits him and more tolerable than the other.

Wonder what move Tanjiro will whip out, I'm really excited!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 22, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
Zenitsu is one hell of a sleep fighter.

Jun 22, 2019 5:34 PM
Dec 2014
What is this dialogue... Why is everything dragging on so long?

Why is every episode the same? Every episode is exposition, and talking about everything they're doing or we've just seen.

Why is this show rated R but the dialogue caters to 12 year olds?

...gotta drop this, i'll watch the fights after this completes as that's all this show is good for. Even then I'm going to have to listen to the MC talk about everything we see with our own eyes every fight scene. Unsure how anybody can enjoy this.
BlindSniperJun 22, 2019 5:37 PM
Jun 22, 2019 5:40 PM

Nov 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Whaaaat, of all the times, never thought we would get 3 chapters this time lol. Well, it’s definitely better this way

Anyway, HYPE episode.
Inosuke steps on people and causes problems to Tanjrou. He’s not much the type to think a lot I guess.
Zenitsu once again hilarious, and the best part was when he fell asleep. It was quite intense. Gotta say the animation and the effects were very well done. Wasn’t expecting less from Ufotable.
Two new demons appear, altough they don’t last long lmao. Inosuke’s quite crazy.

Overall, one of the best episodes of the series. It pretty much sets up the tone for the rest of the series. So I recommend to anyone bothered by it to drop KnY right now.
Zenitsu in all of his glory

I remembered the Zenitsu skill that reminds of his character name Kenshin Himura of anime Rorounin Kenshin (Samurai X) during 90's... that skill technique if I remembered that was "Batojetsu techniques"..
Jun 22, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2016
papsoshea said:
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes. Yeah they look cool, and yeah their fighting abilities are great but the way they act, and their gag/one defining trait (so far) is really tiresome already.

Anyway, the camera angles and shots were on the money. Based ufotable, visually it is stunning. And I also like how Tanjiro's previous encounters play a factor - he hasn't healed properly and he is also fatigued. Good episode, he found the brother, he picked up on the demons abilities - then there was that Bruce Lee water philosophy +1 for that. Hopefully Zenitsu and Inosuke tone it down, I don't think I can handle them.

Read the manga you can stomach them better. The only reason I watch this first half is for Tanjirou and Nezuko. You see Giyu and Kanao who for me >>>>Zenitsu and Inosuke

Don t listen to xenocris just continue watching if you are impatient read the manga Too be honest Second half is way better than the first.

I can t blame you They are both annoying little shit. But I tolerate Inosuke way more than Zenitsu. Future incoming characters will be much tolerable than this two guys.

Inosuke and zenitsu become much more tolerable in secind half of the series. Tanjirou and Nezuko are what keep enjoying and invest in series plus the new incoming future characters.
PrideRoyalIvyJun 22, 2019 6:00 PM

Jun 22, 2019 5:57 PM

Jun 2016
Himawari9 said:
BetoSCR said:
I'm getting tired of this show.

I really dislike Tanjiro, what a boring character, jesus christ. That typical battle shounen speech at the end of the episode... damn.

We also got more and more lousy, cringeworthy comedy scenes.

At least in the previous episodes, at the end there was a cool scene to keep our interest in the show. Not even that today.

I'm not dropping it due to the beautiful animation and OST and because I was told it gets better later on, but for the time being it's just getting worse.

It will stay like that in the future so you should just drop the show.
Seriously, what part of Tanjirou is boring? I watched a lot of shounen and I am bored of the normal hot-blooded, stupid shounen MC. Tanjiro is such a breath of fresh air and he is currently my favorite shounen MC. He is such a gentle, honest and sweet boy.

No you should not drop the show but They become tolerable as characters in future in terms how annoying they are. I am only here for Tanjirou and Nezuko are awesome. Tanjirou become more and more likeable now and second half he is awesome.

Jun 22, 2019 6:02 PM
Jan 2014
Almost 90% of manga readers fell in Love with this show because of Zenitsu and Inosuke,
The first 20 chapters, which was about Tanjiro and Nezuko only, was the worst in the series.
Jun 22, 2019 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
I keep watching the anime just to wait for this single moment, and boy it was satisfying as hell. Thanks a tons production staff. The next one will be, you know, spiders. And until then, I will put this series on-hold.
Jun 22, 2019 6:44 PM

Sep 2017
I had a feeling Zenitsu was gonna be saved by the magnificent steiner. Pretty cool. Tanjiro is actually pretty badly beat up it seems. I kinda wanna see pig guy show up and take our drums demon, but I think Tanjiro is just gonna flood the room with a lot of water or something.

The camera angle on Tanjiro and he rolled around the moving room was really cool. Love seeing the strengths of 3D being used.
Jun 22, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2018
Wow I really did not expect this anime to become so shallow. Dude turned into Light Yagami in the last few minutes for no reason at all. What a waste of time this anime will be but it's airing weekly so whatever, even then I'm not sure if action scenes in the future will be worth it.. the abilities of the demons are seriously retarded. Not that the breathing stuff makes much sense but that shit at least looks cool. What the hell man these characters are incredibly flat, why are the dialogue and inner thoughts so basic, it almost feels like watching cutscenes from a game. Usually in bad stories like this there's at least one good character but none to be found here. Only Inosuke gets a little bit of respect for being into bestiality.

I'm really confused by the mix of gore and childish writing, very strange story.
poop
Jun 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2018
Cool episode, it was enjoyable to watch others demon slayers in action, with their own style (one refers to Thunder while the other refers to something bestial).

Though that leaves me on my hunger, I expected a conclusion within the episode... for next week it seems !
Jun 22, 2019 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
This episode had finale like quality and it wasn't even the finale, holy smokes.

One thing I love about Demon Slayer is that the results of Tanjiro's training are very noticeable. Honestly, I prefer this formula of having the MC train at the beginning of the story, set off on his/her journey, and learn along the way rather than having a training arc right in the middle of the journey. I'm not saying that the latter is bad, but for me, it can ruin the flow of the story if not handled correctly. Tanjiro's training may have felt long but that was because every single minute of it paid off, which is why he's become such a likable character.

But anyway. Ufotable's officially flexing at this point lol, especially the scene of Zenitsu's "awakening". 22/10 presentation
removed-userJun 22, 2019 7:56 PM
Jun 22, 2019 8:50 PM

Feb 2019
No Nezuko :/
I'm worried'bout her box!
She is all alone there.

N oh Zenistu! That was so badass.
I don't find him hilarious and the comedy is a bit awkward for me. But his transition was amazing.

N the good impression I had on the pig guy has gone when he stopped on that kid. Just why?!

But overall I enjoyed this episode. Animation is always an eyecandy. And that demon is pretty interesting. He is a lower moon?! Uffo. Tanjiro is such a refreshing MC. N also I'm curious 'bout the Marechi.
~~ofcourse I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice~~

Jun 22, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Zenitsu is still being annoying but at least he's not that useless. The way the studio animated his technique was awesome, as expected from Ufo. Honestly, I hope he loses consciousness more often in the future so I can see more of this badass side of him.

Inosuke, on the other hand... is as crazy as I thought he would be. A total beast xD

Pretty nice episode overall. Really excited to see the upcoming battle!
Jun 22, 2019 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
Xenocrisi said:

Overall, one of the best episodes of the series. It pretty much sets up the tone for the rest of the series. So I recommend to anyone bothered by it to drop KnY right now.
Zenitsu in all of his glory

Zenitsu looked so fucking badass in that scene. That is one of the many reasons I love his character and he's one of my favorites in the entire series. People hate him when he's screaming his head off like Shinpachi (Gintama) or Usopp (One Piece) but I think that's one of his best traits. In these shounen, you see people who act so cool and edgy but in reality, people would fucking freak out and that's why I think Zenitsu is awesome.

For anyone who missed it, Zenitsu has great hearing skills on par with Tanjirou's strong sense of smell. Remember in the last episode Zenitsu could hear the drum sound long before anyone else could. He is also more practical and mature (yes, believe it or not) than Inosuke, who in MY opinion is WAAAAY more annoying because he's a musclehead. Some people may like Inosuke because he's brash, strong and impulsive but the last trait, being impulsive and somewhat of a warfreak doesn't sit well with me. I think people saw a glimpse of Inosuke's immaturity when he wanted to fight Tanjirou in this episode. There was a fucking demon and he was more interested in clashing swords with Tanjirou. This won't be the last time either, you will see how this boar head acts in future episodes. I like Inosuke, no doubt, but he's definitely more annoying than Zenitsu.
臭い-
Jun 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
Yep, this episode did it, it set himself apart from your average anime.

Yes it's the generic shounen story of always, but it's the one done absolutely right and i can appreciate that, the animation and ost are superb, the action is intense and well directed, the comedy is in the right tone and i enjoy every second of it.

It's easily becoming one of my favorite anime and we are halfway there, i'm itching to read the manga but i'll wait, this adaption is just too good.
Jun 22, 2019 11:04 PM

Sep 2016
So Zenitsu has a double personality or something?
Jun 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Aug 2017
Man I was really thinking of dropping this show around ep 4/5 and I’m so happy I didn’t. It’s not 10/10 anime but man is it fun.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 23, 2019 12:03 AM

Jan 2011
Zenitsu just dunking on all the haters.
Jun 23, 2019 12:07 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode, if the exposition meant dragging out time that is unnecessary was time wasted on less action.

Zenitsu is ONE FREAKING BOLT. Dat showcase where he sleeps then awakens the power from inside him.

Not to mention that Tanjirou is still reeling in from the injuries from before.

The 3D framework is truly splendid, as per Ufotable standards.
Jun 23, 2019 12:25 AM

Dec 2016
Funny that people calling Zenitsu a coward. It Like people don't understand the meaning of the word 'Coward'
Jun 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Jun 2016
99Doflamingo99 said:
Almost 90% of manga readers fell in Love with this show because of Zenitsu and Inosuke,
The first 20 chapters, which was about Tanjiro and Nezuko only, was the worst in the series.

Clerly I am not one of them. That your opinion and others. Others people think otherwise. Please don t make your opinion sound like a fact.
PrideRoyalIvyJun 23, 2019 12:30 AM

Jun 23, 2019 12:49 AM

Apr 2019
I'm seriously worried about Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu's vocal cords lol.
There are still problems with the dialogues, like some of the lines are just there to lengthen the episode.
Great episode otherwise. Can't wait to see more of Zenitsu and Inosuke.
Jun 23, 2019 1:44 AM
May 2013
i like how right when we're about to get some mystery about what marechi is, the annoying as fuck crow shows up and explains it away, thus immediately dissolving all the tension in the scene. where the fuck did it even come from, anyway?

any time the story of demon slayer has something interesting to offer, it immediately throws it in the trash.

speaking of trash, zenitsu is still annoying af.
Jun 23, 2019 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
The animation for Zenitsu’s attack looked badass! Although I still want to slap him...
Jun 23, 2019 2:55 AM

May 2015
Meh. No Nezuko, no fun.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 23, 2019 3:01 AM

Mar 2016
Efu said:
FuMomo-kun said:
When Zenitsu fainted, I understood he was going fight unconsciously and be a badass. However, the build up before that had made it look like he was about to swallow his fear and fight. So now, I have lost all my respect for him.

The swine is annoying. I wonder why a lot of Shounen JUMP mangas have characters like that.

I had already forgotten about Tanjirou's broken bones. The writer should've done more research or talked to a doctor to make the fracture feel more realistic. A bit of realism (like in Snk, Death Note or 'A Song of Ice and Fire' or even 'Harry Potter') can really make stories come alive.

I am interested to know more about the kid with the special blood. His design looks so ordinary that it feels like he'll never show up after this arc. I think I am probably just curious why such an ordinary-looking character has the "special blood".

I wish the rooms changed in a little more dynamic way just because this is animated by Ufotable. (Though, I don't have any problems with how they are doing it right now.)

The special blood just means he has a rare blood type and nothing more then that it doesen't make a person specifically stronger or have anything else unique about it.

Oh. . . That's disappointing, I guess.
Jun 23, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 2013
I don't understand the purpose of the new demon slayer character? His personality is extremely annoying. Well, at least he had a cool moment even though him falling asleep was pretty stupid. Also, I feel as if the comic relief moments aren't timed well at all especially for an anime where the setting is centered around man-eating demons. I understand that it's shounen but having these moments during ongoing fights where we're expecting to take things seriously isn't the best idea. Oh well, no need to overanalyze things I guess. Animation is still always fire though.
Jun 23, 2019 5:40 AM

Nov 2014
Poor demon, all he wanted to do is stay in his house and eat humans. Yet, he gets raided by other demons trying to steal his food, and humans who stumble into his house and cause a rampage. Poor guy... Just leave him alone! And stop destroying his house and stealing his food!!

Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
99Doflamingo99 said:

Clerly I am not one of them. That your opinion and others. Others people think otherwise. Please don t make your opinion sound like a fact.

calm ur tits he wasnt talking about you. plus he said "almost 90%" meaning anyone else belongs to the 10%, like you.
ttcchenJun 23, 2019 5:45 AM
Jun 23, 2019 5:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
papsoshea said:
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes. Yeah they look cool, and yeah their fighting abilities are great but the way they act, and their gag/one defining trait (so far) is really tiresome already.

Anyway, the camera angles and shots were on the money. Based ufotable, visually it is stunning. And I also like how Tanjiro's previous encounters play a factor - he hasn't healed properly and he is also fatigued. Good episode, he found the brother, he picked up on the demons abilities - then there was that Bruce Lee water philosophy +1 for that. Hopefully Zenitsu and Inosuke tone it down, I don't think I can handle them.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I'd been thoroughly enjoying this show. The mood, setting and atmosphere were just perfect. And there was some zany humour, but not too much. Just enough to lighten the mood. And in wander those 2 that looked like they came out of some fanfiction manga with their one track minds. I know they're there to please some demographics, but I really hope that they tone them down, or develop them some. I don't think I can take Zenitu's screaming for episodes on end.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
ttcchen said:
Poor demon, all he wanted to do is stay in his house and eat humans. Yet, he gets raided by other demons trying to steal his food, and humans who stumble into his house and cause a rampage. Poor guy... Just leave him alone! And stop destroying his house and stealing his food!!

Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

calm ur tits he wasnt talking about you. plus he said "almost 90%" meaning anyone else belongs to the 10%, like you.

Thats not a even fact where evidence this so call 90 percent people love show because of inosuke and zenitsu. Fucking bullshit.
PrideRoyalIvyJun 23, 2019 6:22 AM

Jun 23, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2016
Farabeuf said:
papsoshea said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I'd been thoroughly enjoying this show. The mood, setting and atmosphere were just perfect. And there was some zany humour, but not too much. Just enough to lighten the mood. And in wander those 2 that looked like they came out of some fanfiction manga with their one track minds. I know they're there to please some demographics, but I really hope that they tone them down, or develop them some. I don't think I can take Zenitu's screaming for episodes on end.

Actually most manga reader agree the first few arc until this point was the weakest part of the manga due to weird pacing. This is because the threat of cancellation from WSJ and the author inexperience. It only when the other 2 join the group then it get more interesting. I think because those 2 personality clash again Tanjirou. They maybe seen out of place at first, but as the story process, the scope of their character got more depth, they with Tanjirou form the dynamic: Tanjirou is the idealistic hero but naive, Boar guy is Tarzan who overestimate his own strength and Zenitsu is the straight everyday man. The fact that these 3 rub of each others and each learn something from the others is the testament to the author ability to make enjoyable character interaction. Ufotable had been fixing the pacing issue of the first part by adding scenes,t, that why most people who watched it feel the atmosphere was so difference
Jun 23, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
Bloody hell, Zenitsu! He was still his panic state that was still funny and all, but once he fell asleep and the new demon came slithering into the room, Zenitsu changed. In his sleeping state, he cut off the demon's tongue, then properly unsheathed his sword and unleashed a devastating electric attack that killed the demon easily.

It also had some excellent animation as he Zenitsu dashed towards the demon and sliced it's head off cleanly. It was really epic.

Inosuke, the guy wearing the boar mask, was as wacky and crazy as ever. Although he wasn't successful in killing the main demon with the tsuzumi drums, he did find a large demon wondering around and he destroyed it with relative ease. Damn... XD

Tanjiro is doing his best, dealing with the constant room changes and the invisible claw attacks that're coming his way while nursing the injuries from the previous arc. I'm sure he'll win this fight and I expect the same great animation quality from ufotable for the fight again. =)
Jun 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I forgot how annoying those two were at first.
Jun 23, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
ttcchen said:

Thats not a even fact where evidence this so call 90 percent people love show because of inosuke and zenitsu. Fucking bullshit.
whether its a fact or not is of no importance at the moment. that user has done nothing to offend you so stop feeling so attacked.
Jun 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
Another fucking awesome episode, gotta love it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 23, 2019 11:37 AM

Dec 2010
Tanjiro is a great, relatable protagonist. The subtitles make his lines seem more generic than they actually are imo.
Jun 23, 2019 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
that guy in the boar mask is utterly crazy.
when the scaredy boy fell asleep I expected to see Rock Lee with a sword and I got Rock Lee with a sword. Not disappointed.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 23, 2019 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
KanameYuuki said:
Tanjirou deserves big brother of the year award, I don't know why but for some reason I don't hate Zenitsu, usually despise those kind of characters.

because he has a split personality and the other one is very powerful these kinda characters are interesting and it gives a good explanation too to why he was selected to be a hunter being the crybaby he is
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 23, 2019 1:37 PM
May 2018
Zenitsu's potential split personality/alter ego compensates for his wimpy side, he could be potentially stronger than Tanjiro.The Boar dude seems super strong too. The animation is great and can't wait for next weeks episode.
Jun 23, 2019 2:11 PM
Jun 2016
I really love this show. Can we talk about the epic music tracks? They do a fantastic job scoring the scenes that need the mood enhancement. Just something I notice every episode is the variety in background music. Zenitsu is a bit annoying but he packs a punch when he is in the zone. Inosuke is a beast LOL
Jun 23, 2019 2:26 PM

Apr 2018
99Doflamingo99 said:

i agree with this, the first arc was boring af in the manga, they make it better in the anime. Every manga reader i know loves Zenitsu and Inosuke
Jun 23, 2019 2:46 PM
Dec 2017
papsoshea said:

That is exactly how I feel. I loved the atmosphere that the series had and these two characters are somewhat destroying it for me. I really loved that it was more serious and the characters were complex.
Jun 23, 2019 3:33 PM

Jun 2016
ttcchen said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

whether its a fact or not is of no importance at the moment. that user has done nothing to offend you so stop feeling so attacked.

I a
ttcchen said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

I am not feeling attack but please don t make your personal opinion a fact its irritating.

Jun 23, 2019 4:25 PM

Aug 2018
Some focking great animation right there!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jun 23, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
They're teasing the 12 more and more, I just hope they live up to the hype. Pretty good episode again and Zenitsu had me positively surprised.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2015
hmm the 12 kizuki become more and more prevalent in each episode, wonder how they're gonna introduce them
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
Today, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.