Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 20, 2019 3:21 PM

Mar 2017
Really pleased I decided to pick up this show. Loving every minute!
Sep 29, 2019 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
The training of his seniors payed off and Tanjiro could avenge them too.
Liking the action so far
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 29, 2019 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
Badass episode, Tanjiro's training definitely paying off!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 1, 2019 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
This new form of demon is very disgusting! I was making a face everytime the screen turns to this terrifying demon X(

Another great episode! I am wondering why I didn't try this anime since the beginning... I already have high hopes for this anime ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 2, 2019 9:52 AM
Nov 2018
It is sad those kids died is a gruesome way. I didn't expect it. I am glad he killed the big demon.
Oct 2, 2019 7:42 PM
Nov 2015
To discover that Sabato and Makomo were the spirits of the children before him, Tanjiro was blessed form the very beginning because he had the good vibes of the the good spirits making him stronger... I’m high af writing this now .
Oct 15, 2019 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
LadyPhyllo said:
That demon was creepy as heck, I was not expecting his mouth to be there.
I really liked Tanjirou's long hair, I'm sad he cut it.
Same and SAME. I hope his long hair makes another appearance later.

But overall, superb episode. Again validating my decision to pick up this show. Loved the fight scenes and painting-like water animation for Tanjirou's attacks.
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Nov 21, 2019 7:15 PM

Jul 2013
Tanjirou with long hair reminded me on Ichigo when he came back from training his Final Getsuga Tenshou. I'm also a bit sad he cut them.

The exam started pretty good for Tanjirou when he was able to kill 2 demons at the same time but damn that big one was just digusting and super creepy, especially when he ate that boy.....

So Sabito and Makomo got brutally killed :(
I had a feeling that something didn't feel right about them, but that's just so sad.

That whole fight and particularly the animation of Tanjirous water attack in general look just gorgeous. I hope Sabito and Makomo can find peace after that demon got killed.

Nov 29, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Tfw when you have an anime with awesome animation but 0 plot. Kinda wished this was done for another show lol
Dec 25, 2019 11:19 AM
Nov 2019
Loved this episode probably my favorite made me feel for tanjirou sabito and makamo and it was brutal watching their deaths
Dec 25, 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 2019
rahamim said:
I didn't realize they died till I came here
did they just kill them offscreen or something I'm confused!

They died by the demon tanjirou is fighting
Dec 26, 2019 1:46 AM

Sep 2017
The Demon in this one reminded me of Envy from FMAB in his Chimera form, although rather different in shape it had a similar vibe
Dec 26, 2019 1:08 PM

Nov 2012
Sad it turned out Sabito was dead I thought he was a really cool character!
Tanjiro taking them demon out was amazing!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 3, 2020 6:17 AM
May 2016
awesome animation!! the plot feels a bit off. I thought this anime so hype because different from typical shounen, but I will try to continue this hope in the future story. by the way, clothes from another fodder(besides orange man and pink lady) really good and match the theme and our MC clothes like hakuouki shinsengumi.
Feb 9, 2020 7:03 AM
Feb 2018
Great episode. Ufotable is doing an amazing job.
Apr 4, 2020 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
holy shit he ripped his neck off !!
Jun 13, 2020 7:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh well, after i kinda questioned some shit, a dark appeared to cover it well. Thats it the answer, they died. Surely Tanjirou had an ability to see ghost. Not surprised, he was the MC. The help from unexpected shit always happened to give moral booster. And yeah, the whole strength were revealed. But, lemme ask some shit: were that slice named random or were that really cannonically had its story? Lets see the next shit.

Aw... Every oni there really ugly as hell, fuck them up, boy! Seems like another kiddo from the OP got itself revelations. Interesting character i've seen on the OP. Could he served a better comical joke than Tanjirou? So far were all nice to be followed up.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 22, 2020 10:36 AM
Jan 2010
First it starts full HxH and then it goes all zelda hand boss towards the end.
Unlike HxH though, the plot isn't pretentious, the music is pretty good and animation actually exists.
Instead of just brute forcing the hand guy through the neck, why didn't he just stab through the eyes and do a spin or something? Would actually make sense and wouldn't just be about power levels.
Jul 6, 2020 6:36 PM

Mar 2020
Based Ufotable with the god tier animation
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 8, 2020 7:15 PM

May 2016
This is the last episode I watched of this. I really want to like it because I love the art but man the constant exposition dump is just overboard and too much for me.

I don’t think the animation was all that great. They are drawing on top of 3D models and some scenes are literal 3D models. Esp action scenes which were disappointing. I noticed this a lot in UFOTABLE shows. It helps character to stay in model but that’s not what good animation is about tho? Where is exaggeration? Stretch and squash?.

Action scenes look “good” but stiff as a board.
TeamDalaiLanaJul 11, 2020 2:57 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 16, 2020 7:01 AM
Jun 2020
Great episode. All my criticisms from the last episode are retracted. I like all the characters as they've been given a backstory. I like the idea of the survival task thing it reminds me of the chunin exams in Naruto. The action is shot very well. very excited for the next episode.
Aug 27, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2016
It's tragic that the demon that Sakonji himself had captured was actually the one who killed every single one of his disciples who participated in the final selection by using the fox masks he made for them as a direct on their heads. The Demon Slayer Corps being okay with something like that roaming around either means that there are a couple more Demons as powerful as that in there or they just figured that it'd be a waste to let an obstacle like that go to waste in case there's someone powerful enough to beat it which would be pretty screwed up.

Tanjiro was awesome, slaying that monster by masterfully using everything he's got. This episode went by really fast too.

Sep 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Aug 2020
A história dos "irmãos" foi bem interessante e esse tipo de violência não faz o adulto se sentir num anime de criança e faz o adolescente se sentir mais maduro. Bem inclusivo.

Então ele se livrou do demônio por que era mais forte que os outros? Eu esperava algo mais elaborado, achei que ele iria juntar forças com o outro garoto ou coisa do tipo.

Tirando o desfecho que pareceu bem forçado, vou continuar dando uma chance para esse show, a animação continua fenomenal como sempre e os personagens parecem bem carismáticos. Como um amante de Sakuga, esse anime é um prato cheio.

//

The story of the "brothers" was very interesting and this type of violence does not make the adult feel like a child's anime and makes the adolescent feel more mature, very inclusive.

So he got rid of the demon because he was stronger than the others? I expected something more elaborate, I thought he would join forces with the other boy or something.

Apart from the outcome that seemed very forced, I will continue to give this show a chance, the animation remains phenomenal as always and the characters seem very charismatic. As a Sakuga lover, this anime is a full plate.

(Sorry for my english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 12, 2020 7:29 AM

Jun 2020
great episode & i really like the animation, also it was almost like i could smell those wisteria blossoms. the art was hauntingly beautiful.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 8:59 AM

Mar 2010
Man Loved the entire battle and the fact that he wasn't even supposed to be able to cut that boulder, Great to see the stakes raised for a certain qualifications rather than lowering them to let more pass.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 1, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
Already got the idea those kids were ghosts, glad that the disgusting demon has finally been taken care of.

Mar 10, 2021 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
pretty sweet fight. brutal deaths for those kids.
Apr 5, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2019
I liked the buildup to the big fight - when the fat demon taunted Tanjiro.

It was pretty emotional, as we've actually met the two kids he killed.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 28, 2021 9:38 PM

Oct 2019
The wisteria's were pure aesthetic, definitely wallpaper material
Apr 30, 2021 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
I thought it was pretty obvious that those two were ghosts, I mean who else disappears just like that. This was probably the best episode so far, some nice action in that fight.
May 20, 2021 1:57 AM

Apr 2021
Well guess it was a good episode...I was really sad knowing how Sabito and Makomo died..but happy that Tanjiro could avenge them
Jun 4, 2021 10:37 PM
Mar 2021
Tanjirou's attacks look so freakin cool. Man that last demon was disgusting though
Jun 7, 2021 12:57 AM
Mar 2021
Seem like they added some minor stuff and move the flashback around a little, nothing major, it just something i notice while watching
Jun 7, 2021 8:48 AM

May 2020
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
This anime is a disappointment, a bad written trash

Huh ? You're 4 episodes in and you're calling it a bad written trash because the show didn't answer your questions in 4 episodes ? And also they literally answered your 2nd question in the anime. The Demon Slayer Cooperation captures demons and puts them there to test new comers. You're watching the show without giving it any attention and you're missing the easiest plot lines and then you're calling the show a bad written trash. MAL is really filled with some dense people damn
Jun 9, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2019
If nothing else, this show knows how to create a beautifully dark atmosphere.
Jun 11, 2021 3:55 PM
Mar 2021
Action was good and Tanjirou's training did pay off after all. Cool.
Jun 19, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
Really cool episode! I liked the action :D Of course the other guy would run away while the demon was going after Tanjiro, even though Tanjiro saved him :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2021 12:55 AM
Mar 2021
Stunning visuals, truly. The action was superb
Aug 8, 2021 6:46 PM
Mar 2021
Tanjirou's attacks look so freakin cool. Man that last demon was disgusting though
Aug 26, 2021 4:40 AM
Mar 2021
Action was good and Tanjirou's training did pay off after all. Cool.
Sep 19, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
Without even knowing it, Tanjiro was being trained for that exact moment. It was a fine neck slash too. GG Tanjiro.

Sep 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Sep 2016
I'll admit, I was just expecting a mediocre, but fun to watch shonen. What I've got up until now, though, was an incredibly well animated anime with a pretty decent story and soundtrack.

The animation on this episode was so smoooooth! The way the sword moves during the battles almost makes my jaw drop! And the music was so goooood.
Oct 12, 2021 10:19 AM

Nov 2019
I was reading the manga for a while, but everyone told me to watch the anime for the outstanding animations and I have to say, they were not wrong.
The story isn’t really knocking me out of my shoes, I feel it like a regular battle shonen, nothing more and nothing less, still enjoyable and entertaining tho. The animation is something else, I don’t watch many animes, but this is just awesome.
Another point in favor is Lisa Oribe’s intro, I love that girls voice, could hear her singing all day long. Aaaand she’s freaking gorgeous.
Oct 17, 2021 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
A lot better than the first three episodes. The inner babbling has also decreased, now that the time skips are done. Although, too bad I couldn't care less about those children dying, because the previous episode never bothered to get us attached to them. During the previous episode I thought those children were some kind of spirits/youkai, not ghosts of the former students.

Not sure why pretty much every character has a scar on their face. Are they supposed to be the lucky survivors of demon attacks?
Oct 19, 2021 3:53 PM

Jul 2017
Better episode than the first three for sure, more action-oriented with more focused pacing in comparison to the previous three as they quickly moved in those ones to get to this point, the Final Selection and beyond. Wish Sakionji went into more depth with Tanjiro surrounding the kinds of Breathing and give explanations for those at this stage, and how Tanjiro uses Water Breathing for his TCB here and why. The stuff with Sabito and Makomo's meh, didn't really add to the emotions or impact of the story for me, but at least it's good seeing Tanjiro progress when it comes to fighting demons, particularly that giant demon in this episode who took out plenty of Sakionji's former pupils. His fear of striking for even the scummiest of demons at least has gone down and is more focused to survive these next few days and help out whoever he can while fighting demons in the process. More of a shounen MC mentality there with taking out demons proactively and helping others when he can other than just hiding it out, which is fine.

I much prefer the action in something like Kara no Kyoukai so far and how the music and atmosphere plays into those scenes, much more over this, but this was the first episode where I feel like Demon Slayer finally got the chance to have actual fights happen without intensive dialogues/monologues interrupting the flow, while not being too short either. A proper start, middle and end with Tanjiro slaying that giant demon once and for all.

One thing I'll not get over in this series and its the same for Black Clover and Jujutsu Kaisen are those goofy segments at the end after the ending credits. Those kind of segments at the end always make me care for the authenticity for the show a lot less for some reason, feels too wacky for my liking without being remotely funny or entertaining whatsoever. I hope series like Chainsaw Man in the future don't go this route.
Nov 13, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2015
The art style for the water slashes, just like the old Japanese art !

Sound effects of the Katanas are nice, and i'm happy they explained how the demons that Tenjiro sliced their heads off killed them.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 28, 2021 7:11 AM

Nov 2014
Gonna be that guy, but like why would a final selection process be to kill off the vast majority of the recruits? Seems like a bad way to build a desperately needed army to fight the threat of demons.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 17, 2022 4:56 PM
Oct 2021
holy shit rather fucked up episode when it comes to that hand demon. glad we got to see him die though and tanj's training is paying off greatly. really sad to know how thoughs two aberrations died though :(
overall really good episode i think. i love survival exams so this hasnt disappointed :D
May 24, 2022 5:32 AM
Apr 2022
That demon is fat why his hands in his neck
Jul 16, 2022 10:10 PM

Jul 2017
He cut his hair :(. The big demon guy was super creepy, and the fight was cool. I am wondering if the contestants will fight amongst themselves. Reminds me of The Hunger Games. I think this episode was also a little too explain-y about the ghost kids.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
Today, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.