Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, another episode that puts Kankei into a position of live or die. And we got a lot of psychology this episode between him and Rize. Oh boy, she really got into his head.

At least Saiko managed to survive that. It could of been a lot worse for her.
Stark700Dec 11, 2018 9:17 AM
Dec 11, 2018 7:43 AM
Sep 2017
Missed their opportunity to put a nice parallel to a certain RootA scene:

Okay episode, I guess. Wished the Touka digging up Kaneki scene left more emotional impact. Kinda liked Kaneki's new kagune, though.
Sunny_goDec 11, 2018 7:57 AM
Dec 11, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
It's always nice to see Rize
Ken's new kagune looks cool
Dec 11, 2018 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
I thought they're gonna come up with some reasons to cover for Hide's death from Root A. I see they didn't even care anymore lol.
Dec 11, 2018 9:11 AM

Aug 2016
Hm the scene in Kanekis mind was kinda weirdly adapted imo, I don' know it was not really terrible but it just did not feel right...But maybe I'm just trying to look for stuff to hate on.

Overall pacing makes the whole dragon incident feel super pointless given how quick they got him out of there already but that was to be expected with this seasons pacing...

Also not quite sure what to think about how they made Kanekis new kagune look.

But yeah only 2 more episodes and I can finally forget this anime ever existed.
GreeenSpongeDec 11, 2018 11:51 AM
Dec 11, 2018 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
The Rize scene wasn't that good, as expected, but it was better than nothing I guess.

Lol at least they kept Furuta's interview scene in there. And I'm glad they didn't skip out on showing Hide's face. I definitely thought they'd only show us the back of Hide's head or something while Kaneki reacted to his face.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 11, 2018 9:41 AM
Oct 2018
kaneki kagune look cool.
but why rainbow?
2 more episodes
Dec 11, 2018 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
In this episode i rly missed the old Art style from S1 and root A it just fits better to the series bc i think Dragon Keneki without Kagune looks awful and the Animations just dont fit Tokyo ghoul as good as S1 and root A but the episode was one of the better ones it ddidnt just shit on all Characters still the "pull out scene" was awful
Dec 11, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
The Furuta part was amazing, the guy really knows how to make me lol.
Ouch, Kaneki left a huge mark on Hide's face.
Dec 11, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2016
They didn't even bother to tell us that it's the real Rize and not just Kaneki's imagination.

The story doesn't have the impact that the manga has.

Kaneki and Rize's conversation was supposed to a lot longer than what had been shown.

His conversation with Hide was also supposed to be a lot longer. In the manga, they talk as if they had never been separated, and it was so calming to see Kaneki being so comfortable around someone. Here, neither the art, nor the animation or acting or soundtrack leave any impact.

Well, at least Furuta's actor did a great job.
Dec 11, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
The 8 minutes or so of Kaneki's head space was some strong material by this season's standards, but the rest of the episode afterwards (most notably this whole ghoul conversion thing) was as much of a hot mess as much of the rest of this season. Nice seeing Kaneki and Hide reunited too, but that was rather underwhelming in all honesty.
Dec 11, 2018 12:05 PM

May 2018
Oh Rize is back, in kaneki's mind that is..

Oh boy from a battle between Humans Vs Ghouls has now turned into like that of a zombie apocalypse.
Dec 11, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2017
Rize's and Hide's scenes were alright. The rest of the episode was the usual trainwreck. The only one enjoying this season is Furuta lmao.
Dec 11, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
I honestly hope Saiko is gonna be alright!
Dec 11, 2018 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
Man I don't know what to think about Kaneki's talk with Rize. I really wanted to see it animated and it was ok but... at the same time it was meh. Pacing was weird and animation looked rather stiff. This scene didn't have that much impact like in manga where Kaneki was confused as f*ck. I'm so disappointed because it was the last thing I wanted to see properly adapted.
Dec 11, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
Very mediocre tbh. It just had no life to it and nothing really came off as passionate nor interesting in that Kaneki-Rize segment.
Dec 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Episode was pretty solid imo, but nothing stood really out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2017
Summarising this episode:

Rize in his head. Is it just me or did Kaneki imagine Rize to be a lot hotter... 'cause that bust had inflated,
Furuta is shaping up to be a great antagonist (with his psychotic behaviour),
Kaneki went super saiyan,
Kaneki couldn't eat Hide properly... you fooqin' twat, and
Everyone's becoming ghouls.
"Amazing."

Anyway, that hand art was probably the best animation this episode (when he was speaking to Rize - that shot of his hands slightly clasped).

P.S.
Subscribe to pewdiepie
Dec 11, 2018 2:50 PM

Apr 2017
Another passes us by, getting closer and closer to the ending of this adaptation.

I finished reading the manga a few days ago so I'm still slightly emotionally drained from that but it is still very fresh in my mind. The Rize scene at the beginning went by so fast, but then again this entire season feels fast. I should just expect each scene to blow through dialog like it's trying to win a marathon. They skipped a lot of the retrieval bit, which would have added a bit more emotionally rather than having him found and then instantly in a bed. They removed like everyone that was in the room with him when he woke up and didn't even leave in the adorable Siako laying on him and then pouncing on him before Touka could even get a word out. The Furuta reporter scene was pretty good and the rest of the episode was pretty solid. Hide's face still cute.

Overall, a solid episode besides the fast dialog imo.

I'm getting worried that there won't be enough time left for the last ~15 chapters and they'll rush the hell out of everything left. There's two specific fights coming up that I'm going to be so upset when they mess them up. Based on the preview way too much stuff will happen in the next episode and that is so heartbreaking that they didn't spread it between two episodes and just add another episode, but the pacing was fucked from the beginning so w/e, the fights will hopefully be decent.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Dec 11, 2018 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
If only they had more episodes to work with. Next two are definitely going to be rushed, I can only hope that they do their best with the final fight, it's basically Kaneki's coup de grace, the epitome of his development and resolution in the series. It deserves a good animation at least. I suppose we won't get to see his epic monologue as well (I want to be wrong though)
Dec 11, 2018 4:29 PM

Jan 2016
Hide's face revealed at last.
Life is strange

Dec 11, 2018 7:30 PM

Dec 2017
We keep getting recap episodes every week. I wonder when are they going to release the main series...
Jokes aside. Finally, only two more episodes until I get free from this mockery of an adaptation.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 11, 2018 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad ken is back and he seems stronger than before, what's up with those marks under his eyes?

I almost got teary eyes when Hide took out that mask, I like him now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2018 4:35 AM

May 2013
Wtf with Hide's face? Someone said Kaneki ate him, but i don't remember seeing this in the entire show. Or did they not animate it?
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Dec 12, 2018 5:27 AM

Nov 2018
furuta seemed to be enjoying the series more than most people
Dec 12, 2018 7:20 AM

Jun 2017
I3lackwing said:
Wtf with Hide's face? Someone said Kaneki ate him, but i don't remember seeing this in the entire show. Or did they not animate it?

I am not sure but it was either in the first season or Root A. Ken was about to get rekt and Hide said to eat him (but they only implied it happened, barely anything was shown).
Dec 12, 2018 10:05 AM

May 2014
I3lackwing said:

It was totally different in the manga.. Hide "disappeared" for over a hundred chapters after he told Kaneki to eat him.. It turns out he gave him a pretty good kiss tho

Dec 12, 2018 10:53 AM
Aug 2018
Nice kagune for kaneki
Dec 12, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
omoi11 said:
kaneki kagune look cool.
but why rainbow?

Its just my speculation but since Hide is back and he said in the last episode that he loves Kaneki and all so thats gay, now whats the gay themed color?
u guessed it ╭☞( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)╭☞rainbow
John_MaxDec 12, 2018 11:01 AM
Dec 12, 2018 1:13 PM

May 2016
a whole episode about Kaneki's inner struggling. boooooring.
Dec 12, 2018 11:05 PM

Jan 2010
MomoSinX said:
I3lackwing said:

I am not sure but it was either in the first season or Root A. Ken was about to get rekt and Hide said to eat him (but they only implied it happened, barely anything was shown).

It never get animated.
Root A never actually happened.

In sewer when Kaneki was dying, Hide was there and saved him by offering Kaneki to eat him so he can regenerate and fight Arima.

The whole Kaneki eat Hide thing was only implied, since the scene was cut off but after that, Hide disapppearead for a very long time and thus everyone assumed he was dead because Kaneki ate him. Kaneki himself wasn't in his right mind at the time so he also assumed he ate his best friend.
Dec 13, 2018 2:17 AM

Aug 2017
I'm sad that anime-only watchers don't know how and why Kaneki give Hide those injuries. Read the manga.

The first half was good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2018 5:43 PM
Aug 2017
asdqua said:
I thought they're gonna come up with some reasons to cover for Hide's death from Root A. I see they didn't even care anymore lol.

Because they ignore root A. Root A is non-canon. They already stated that this season follow the manga, not Root A. They showed a flashback of Kaneki with Banjou's group which didn't happen in Root A.
Dec 13, 2018 5:48 PM
Aug 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
They didn't even bother to tell us that it's the real Rize and not just Kaneki's imagination.

Kaneki and Rize's conversation was supposed to a lot longer than what had been shown.

His conversation with Hide was also supposed to be a lot longer. In the manga, they talk as if they had never been separated, and it was so calming to see Kaneki being so comfortable around someone. Here, neither the art, nor the animation or acting or soundtrack leave any impact.

As a manga reader, I still think that Rize is just imagination. It made no sense if that is the real Rize since she is still alive. Just because he inherited her Kagune doesn't mean she can magically appear inside his head. Kurona never sees Rize, Amon and Takizawa never see Yoshimura.
Dec 15, 2018 1:52 PM

Mar 2015
Himawari9 said:
FuMomo-kun said:

As a manga reader, I still think that Rize is just imagination. It made no sense if that is the real Rize since she is still alive. Just because he inherited her Kagune doesn't mean she can magically appear inside his head. Kurona never sees Rize, Amon and Takizawa never see Yoshimura.

That's because Rize is a Washuu and a binge eater, her RC cells are kind of a big deal.
Dec 16, 2018 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
this show is absolute trash but im too far in to quit

Dec 16, 2018 1:47 PM
Apr 2017
I just love kaneki’s kagune
Dec 19, 2018 2:52 AM

Feb 2017
this is what happen when you want to end your manga series as fast as possible.
it really went down hill after black reaper kaneki arc.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 22, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Nurguburu said:
I'm sad that anime-only watchers don't know how and why Kaneki give Hide those injuries. Read the manga.

The first half was good.

Aye, I was guessing too why that dialogue felt so strange, since Hide was not wounded like that in Root A. Then I thought that maybe the answer lies in the manga. From what I read, Root A differed from the things that happened in Tokyo Ghoul's manga, while :re series is rather faithfull to its manga.

I guess Kaneki went berserk and attacked Hide or something, but I can only guess, 'cause I haven't read the manga.
Dec 24, 2018 10:27 AM

Mar 2015
Adnash93 said:
Nurguburu said:

The first half was good.

Aye, I was guessing too why that dialogue felt so strange, since Hide was not wounded like that in Root A. Then I thought that maybe the answer lies in the manga. From what I read, Root A differed from the things that happened in Tokyo Ghoul's manga, while :re series is rather faithfull to its manga.

I guess Kaneki went berserk and attacked Hide or something, but I can only guess, 'cause I haven't read the manga.

You should at least read the part 1 manga to understand :Re better. It's a masterpiece.
Dec 24, 2018 1:43 PM

Mar 2009
Oh. That explains Hide's face and voice. Ouch.

Hide once again showing he's one of the greatest friends in all of anime.
Dec 26, 2018 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
It nice to see Rize.

Furuta scene was funny.

Dec 26, 2018 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
MightyM16 said:
You should at least read the part 1 manga to understand :Re better. It's a masterpiece.

I will definitely start from original Tokyo Ghoul. I enjoyed this universe and first seasons of the anime; even if :re was a terrible adaptation (and a bad anime if you ask me as anime-only viewer), it encouraged me and interested into knowing more about Tokyo Ghoul's plot etc. :P
Dec 29, 2018 3:51 PM

May 2014
He got angel wings. At least the transformation was cool to see though the story is all over the place. I think there are a few left that think this series is good and not rushed x100.

Also cool to see Rize again. As always she have a evil laughter.
Dec 29, 2018 3:53 PM

May 2014
Scootboi said:

we are on the same page, pal. xD
Dec 29, 2018 3:53 PM

May 2014
Scootboi said:

we are on the same page, pal. xD only 2 ep. of this horror. if I ever dare to pick up any new tokyo ghoul anime trash from studio clown may God strike me dead. ^^
Jan 18, 2019 6:30 AM

Mar 2016
Not only do those muscular monster things powerful, but they're also able to go kamikaze and release spores that'll turn humans and even quinx users into full-fledged ghouls! That doctor who commited suicide along with that annoying Furuta is the obvious people behind this all.

Well, at least Kaneki got a brand new shiny rainbow dragon wing that is clearly op af.
Jan 25, 2019 1:13 AM

Jul 2012
Wait who was that ghoul turned from a human who worked in 20th Ward Branch Office? I have no idea who that is. Anybody know what episode she’s from

Edit: How is someone suppose to remember Ruizawa, information head of the 20th branch! If she was introduced in Re: she didn’t get a pop up box of kanji giving her name and position when she first showed up on screen!!!!

Or did she

Edit 2:

Holy s#%¥ she was the girl Eto is jabbering to for an interview before meeting Suzuya and his mentor. This was in S2E7. Holy moly. At least give more than one flashback shot to depict where anime viewers know her from. HOLY MOLY. I’ve had it. I’ve had it. This is it. The pacing of this episode is the last straw. I didn’t have too big of a problem with the anime series up until the latter half of Re:2. WTF.

After the night, pregnancy and wedding noticeably squeezed together in one episode. It just screams f**ck it, lets just cram everything into it and package it as Tokyo Ghoul Re! Seriously, dafuq— I didn’t even read the manga and it’s damn obvious things are going way too damn, no double damn, fast.

I watched this episode and thought, “What the hell am I watching as why am I still watching it?” Why is the pacing akin to a speedboat or jet?
This is nonsense. What sort of lack of funding or time or contractual obligations lead to this damn crazy pace season?

The story is already written, they just need to get the emotional impact on screen, which is totally, totally not happening.

- - - - - - - -
What’s more nonsense, for myself specifically, is that of all the things, them expecting us to remember this girl in that fashion is my breaking point of faith.
- - - - - - - -

Of all the events that happened in the season, the most bitter is that no time is given in the scenes to let the product of action/consequences sink in for the viewer. —-It felt like homework hastily done.

If I stop watching here, I’d confidently bet the I’d have a better taste in my mouth than if I force-watched the last two episodes.

Whoever directed/made this season, was the time put in or saved worth the damage done to their credibility?

**If you were the guys behind Bleach/Naruto... dafuq. I watched those shows.. lol I know how far that stuff was stretched, we all know lol •~•, so what the donkeyboner happened here? ....... dafuq...

I was fine with the manga readers getting trolled as seen from the reactions to the series. I didn’t read the manga so I didn’t trump any horns. But it’s damn obvious now even the anime-only viewers are getting %%#%! DAMN its noticeable
kUshPandA_ENJOiJan 25, 2019 2:32 AM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jan 31, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Damn Kaneki, another new form!
Lmao afer all that time Hide comes up with a "Yo"!
He looks beautiful though.

Everything's going so fast, pacing is all over the place.
Jun 15, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2015
Anytime Furuta is involved in anything it feels so absurd
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

202 by bakakisima »»
May 17, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by bakakisima »»
May 8, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.