Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2018 1:04 AM

Aug 2015
I swear Studio Pierrot doesn't understand the word Seinen is. This has been nothing but a badly paced/directed shounen series that doesn't give a fuck about the viewer.
As a TG manga fan re:S2 gives me physical pain and it makes Root A look like anime of the century.
0/10
Nov 28, 2018 1:47 AM

Mar 2016
Why is Hide in front of Furuta? He never puts himself in dangerous situations, yet gets Kaneki out of trouble, which is one of the reasons why he is amazing.

Everything happened too fast. They even excluded the part where Sasaki cried 'I am all alone!' or something like that.

Kaneki's actor is also not doing a very good job playing Kaneki, but I can't blame him. The anime has completely messed up the story, and made it really hard for the actors to do a good job.

I wanna say something nice as well or else it looks like I am just hating on this story, but I can't find anything I liked in this episode. None of the scenes had any impact on me. When I had read the manga, I was shocked when Kaneki ate a human and went on to kill more, I screamed with excitement when they showed Hide was indeed alive, I felt proud of Urie when he admitted that he didn't blame Kuroiwa for his father's death, and I was terrified that Touka or Hinami or Juuzou might die. Here: I felt nothing!
Nov 28, 2018 2:32 AM

Mar 2014
"Why won't you call my name?"
"I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME!!!"
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Nov 28, 2018 8:25 AM
Dec 2015
My favorite moment of the whole series! <3

Nov 28, 2018 10:12 AM

Mar 2015
122 chapters in 12 episodes. Only a miracle would make this adaptation as good as the manga was, but at least they're trying I guess.
Nov 28, 2018 10:58 AM

Oct 2018
What a horrible episode.

To be honest, I already knew the dragon arc was ruined since last episode, seeing how underdeveloped Kaneki's and Touka's relationship was. But THIS, this was something else. They skip tons of potential for plot development and characters, and instead focus on Urie's fight, (which in my opinion, was way to long compared to the rest of the plot filled into this episode) and introduce the dragon arc in the same damn episode. I just wish this had been parted into 2 seasons or atleast 24 episodes, just to get SOME character and plot depth into the series. RIP Tokyo Ghoul.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Nov 28, 2018 11:05 AM
Jun 2017
Depression strikes again...
Nov 28, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2017
TheLokiEyes said:
My favorite moment of the whole series! <3

Me too! Definitely need more '-')/
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 28, 2018 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
The fact that fujos still get assblasted by Touka's mere existence never gets old. I guess one of the positive aspects of this anime adaptation is highlighting their butthurt yet again.
Nov 28, 2018 12:56 PM

Dec 2017
Horrible. Again. Only thing I liked was the OST during the Oggai attack. Almost everything was different than it was in the manga, only the outcome was the same, at least.

And what was wrong with the animation this time? When Kuroiwa lay there dying Kuuki's lips were moving all the time as if he was speaking which he wasn't but Kuroiwa. And Toru's knives that stuck in Touka suddenly changed their color. Did they make some mistakes there or was it just my stream?
Nov 28, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Yet more meaningless nonsense made only somewhat interesting by Kaneki's dramatic transformation at the end.
Nov 28, 2018 1:44 PM
Nov 2018
Re has a horrible pace. It's either too slow or in this case, too fast. It has gotten rather boring and I struggle to continue watching it every week, wanting it to just end. The main culprit I reckon is that nobody understands what is going on anymore. Too many intermingled subplots to keep track of, and a main story line that probably should have had found a conclusion in Root A.
Nov 28, 2018 10:15 PM
Aug 2017
Ugh.. I was looking forward to Hinami's fight. In the manga, she cut down CCG investigators left and right. Other investigators even commented that she is a monster.
Nov 29, 2018 2:35 AM

Mar 2018
Wow. Even some hentai have better plots than this garbage lol
I watch anime for the fan service plot since I don't really like ecchi but it just so happens that it is included in mostly the good shows I like. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 29, 2018 6:45 AM

Jun 2017
Sanic would approve of this episode.

They changed so many things from the manga lol but I think they will slow down for the last 4 episodes, if they rushed it then this would end in like 2...
Nov 30, 2018 6:04 PM

May 2014
Yay, finally caught up with this series, though I am not sure if it was worth it at all.

Anyways, talk about a rushed ep. Like all the other ep. this ep. was rushed and too much happened at the same time. What a sick yandere Mutsuki is. Go so far just to make your sensei love you. She is a yandere alright. A great one.

As always new characters is getting introduced we don't know anything about. So we have no feelings for them if they die or not. Old one dies while we don't know why their allies is getting upset because we don't have a clue about their connection. What a plot all over the place. If there is anything worth watching it's is the OSTs (maybe) and only sometimes the animation. Sorry to say, but the rest is really garbage.
Dec 1, 2018 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
mangalicker94 said:
Yay, finally caught up with this series, though I am not sure if it was worth it at all.

Anyways, talk about a rushed ep. Like all the other ep. this ep. was rushed and too much happened at the same time. What a sick yandere Mutsuki is. Go so far just to make your sensei love you. She is a yandere alright. A great one.

As always new characters is getting introduced we don't know anything about. So we have no feelings for them if they die or not. Old one dies while we don't know why their allies is getting upset because we don't have a clue about their connection. What a plot all over the place. If there is anything worth watching it's is the OSTs (maybe) and only sometimes the animation. Sorry to say, but the rest is really garbage.

Which character was introduced this ep?
Dec 1, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2015
t
thebrentinator24 said:
Kimmiwa said:
Didn't see Hide.

Hide was the guy with the scarecrow mask that showed up with Marude. He held up a sign saying that he's Hide, and asked Urie for help

Thank you very much! :D
Dec 1, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
What the actual f is going on? Random people showing up, random people dying... Makes no sense. This is the dissapointment of the century imo
Dec 1, 2018 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
The further episodes' count goes, the more chaotic the plot seems to become.

At least them fighting scenes were epic in this episode.

And Hide is alive! I had a feeling he didn't die, especially after we heard about quinx squad, I mean an official CCG squad of people who were humans modified to half-ghoul level (so kinda something like Kaneki experienced at the beginning of anime). If something like that could exist, then there was a chance that Hide brought by Kaneki to Arima at the end of Tokyo Ghoul: Root A could survive somehow as well.

To think I planned some time before Ep. 9 aired to ask a question who was that strange person with sag-like mask. As I see, there is no need to ask such a question after watching Ep. 9. :)
Dec 1, 2018 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
ragebeastR34 said:
What the actual f is going on? Random people showing up, random people dying... Makes no sense. This is the dissapointment of the century imo

No "Randoms" died in this ep unless you mean the Oggai squad (introduced in ep 6)
Dec 1, 2018 7:31 PM
Aug 2017
MightyM16 said:
ragebeastR34 said:

No "Randoms" died in this ep unless you mean the Oggai squad (introduced in ep 6)

They throw characters at you so fast that they might as well be randoms , esp if you haven't read the manga like me
Dec 1, 2018 7:54 PM

Dec 2017
ragebeastR34 said:
MightyM16 said:

They throw characters at you so fast that they might as well be randoms , esp if you haven't read the manga like me
You are right. The Oggai mentioned are indeed random by the way. Also, the Aogiri and White Suits members killed in this episode are also some random nameless characters.
The whole anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul really screwed up in many aspects, except for the soundtrack, I think.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 2, 2018 3:16 PM

Dec 2010
Absolutely laughable. And I cannot even blame Pierrot at this point. The plot of this shit is a travesty. Ghouls vs CCG-ghouls once again. Just because, the CCG found them right away. And guess what, they were hiding right under Furuta`s office. How splendid!

How did Urie find that Furuta is working with ghouls? I feel like I missed a whole episode.

Touka really has one piece of clothing. Second season. Get a grip girl! You are dating a friggin King.

Why is Rize that important? I got she was a strong ghoul, but hey they could have used Owl`s kakuja(or whatever it is called).

Mutsuki just die please. Her totaly random love is just cringe.

srafayms said:
Hakan3369 said:
What even happened, did he become the Tokyo Ghoul or?

Kaneki transformed into the dragon form, beating all the Dragon ball transformations ladies and gentlemen.

Dragon Kaneki sounds like a total bullshit. It is not even his final form!

Dec 2, 2018 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
FMmatron said:
It's not like the manga was very good at this point to begin with, so this episode was pretty ok.

Manga went really shit after Arima dies and even so most of panel is a mess and incomprehensible at the beginning of RE.

I stlil wonder how Pierrot going to pull the last 4 episode
Dec 3, 2018 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
tearofmankind said:

How did Urie find that Furuta is working with ghouls? I feel like I missed a whole episode.

Why is Rize that important? I got she was a strong ghoul, but hey they could have used Owl`s kakuja(or whatever it is called).

Read the manga if you wanna know. You will know shit from the anime.
Dec 3, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
I had to dig up my mal login info just so I had a proper place to complain. Every week I sit down with my spouse and watch among other shows, Tokyo Ghoul because I loved the first two seasons. Honestly I started complaining every episode last season because when they completely took my precious, powerful, tortured Keneki and essentially wrote him off. I mean I watched a lot of him whining to get to a point of "yes!". So this season, I see a lot of push on a lot of characters that seem rather unimportant to the story. So many episodes with character I don't know and don't care to know. I mean honestly the entire Haise team irritates the living crap out of me. The whole show could have ended up in the same place without any of that nonsense. And also, how the hell did they not see chief ghoul coming a mile away. I mean no one suspected that? There's no testing for these positions?! All these hybrid ghouls and these investigators don't question anything?! And the transformations. Why can ghouls morph their bodies into guns and explosives now? I can not! I never read the manga so I don't know how the scene with the multiple personalities was supposed to go but I imagine it was supposed to be way more in depth than it was. The past seasons had way better internal conflict scenes. I'm down for Keneki the cannibal. The entire reprogression of Touka and the relationship was super weird. She randomly was like are you a virgin you can do me (which is out of character) and then she was pregnant. I know this turned into a rant about the whole season but I had to get this off my chest with people that understand. K thanks.
YouSuck00Dec 3, 2018 7:10 PM
Dec 5, 2018 5:40 PM

Dec 2010
YouSuck00 said:
I had to dig up my mal login info just so I had a proper place to complain. Every week I sit down with my spouse and watch among other shows, Tokyo Ghoul because I loved the first two seasons. Honestly I started complaining every episode last season because when they completely took my precious, powerful, tortured Keneki and essentially wrote him off. I mean I watched a lot of him whining to get to a point of "yes!". So this season, I see a lot of push on a lot of characters that seem rather unimportant to the story. So many episodes with character I don't know and don't care to know. I mean honestly the entire Haise team irritates the living crap out of me. The whole show could have ended up in the same place without any of that nonsense. And also, how the hell did they not see chief ghoul coming a mile away. I mean no one suspected that? There's no testing for these positions?! All these hybrid ghouls and these investigators don't question anything?! And the transformations. Why can ghouls morph their bodies into guns and explosives now? I can not! I never read the manga so I don't know how the scene with the multiple personalities was supposed to go but I imagine it was supposed to be way more in depth than it was. The past seasons had way better internal conflict scenes. I'm down for Keneki the cannibal. The entire reprogression of Touka and the relationship was super weird. She randomly was like are you a virgin you can do me (which is out of character) and then she was pregnant. I know this turned into a rant about the whole season but I had to get this off my chest with people that understand. K thanks.

You are right. Haise plot point was not even pointless but even counter-productive. After all of Kaneki`s development it felt like a deus-ex machina. Oh new story with "a brand" new Kaneki(like a "what if Kaneki became CCG instead of a ghoul" fanfiction story). And they ended it with another deus-ex machina. Now there are like 5 personalities inside Kaneki`s mind. With all this achieved power he should one shot his enemies, but no. The half-assed Rize clones almost killed him.

And the quinx squad is one of the worst "squad" I have ever seen. Not even one of them is memorable. And the author pulled whole Mutsuki love out of an ass.

Oh god, how bad it deteriorated. From an troubled outcast`s story with some psychological vibes and occasional fights that were just there because they were for life or death to never-ending, souless CCG anti ghouls raids where nobody is dying and nobody is winning. Ad infitium.

Oh and everybody is a ghoul now. CCG director? Ghoul. CCG themselves? Ghouls. New CCG director? Ghoul. The enemies? Ghouls.
Dec 7, 2018 3:59 AM

Mar 2009
A few people in here happy to see Touka getting punched. Wow. Imagine hating Touka that much.

rageBE4ST said:
What the actual f is going on? Random people showing up, random people dying... Makes no sense.

Barring a few exceptions, that has basically been the entirety of the 2nd season. Don't know what happened, because I certainly didn't have much trouble following along with the first season of Tokyo Ghoul:re. This season, on the other hand...
Dec 13, 2018 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
I find Mutsuki's drastic personality change from the the previous season to be extremely annoying.
Dec 26, 2018 5:29 AM

Aug 2013
The episode felt rushed. Kinda disappointed.

Jan 18, 2019 5:04 AM

Mar 2016
Party pooper Mutsuki... BEGONE!!!

Urie killing that bitch ass clown was damn satisfying, he has come a long way from someone selfish to this cool and likeable personality (I take it the anime doesn't cover his character development fully)

If that dude with the odd outfit was really Hide, I'm not even surprised anymore at this point.
What surprised me is the fact that Kani was about to die when all his personalities convince him to go RAGE MODE!!! DRAGON STYLE!!!
Jan 31, 2019 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Wait wait wait ... Scarecrow was Hide all along ... WTF!?
Damn Kaneki, relax a little bit O_O

That last scene with Kaneki's centipede form was epic though, I can only imagine it having an even bigger impact if it was preceeded by the anime actually wasn't so rushed and leaving A LOT of stuff out.
Jun 14, 2019 11:52 PM

Mar 2015
None of this is really impacting me in any meaningful way and I hate it
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2020 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
Wait what the hell, the guy wearing that haysack mask is Hide? he is alive? I can understand him revealing some secrets because he is a pretty incredible detective of some sorts but why did he hide? how did he survive?
I kind of wished the scene where Kaneki talked with his other personalities lasted a bit longer because that looked pretty interesting

Aug 10, 2020 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
Mutsuki so annoying -_-

Kaneki suddenly turn into BIGGG centipede. How did that happen?? lol
Those explosion and power outage. Is this the end of the world? lel
Aug 31, 2020 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
I guess I don't have to mention that not only the Touka relationship, but also the Mutsuki plot is completely underdeveloped and came out of the blue, right? Just like this whole season.
Jan 15, 2021 2:57 AM

May 2020
Here we go lost control Kaneki even Touka is just ''fine''. Nonsense
May 20, 2021 6:36 AM

Jun 2020
Of course, marriage wouldn't be complete without a kiss an ambush?

A very action-paced episode this was and the truth should be out by now that what the CCG should be really fighting for

Kaneki's resolve doesn't fail but there's something I'm worried about that I'm unsure of it.
Sep 23, 2021 1:37 PM
Aug 2017
Touka and Kaneki better not die. The studio has fucked up enough as it is they better not kill off either of them.
Oct 24, 2021 10:08 AM

Nov 2018
Though since the previous season I realized Roma was an antagonist (and she annoyed me greatly), I do recall she worked at Anteiku in the first season. Her personality was very much different too. This puzzled me completely, as I don't recall seeing in the anime when the transition of this character occurred. In fact, I didn't see any hints either. I had to do some net research,
I definitely need to read the manga after I finish the anime.

I bear such great animosity toward this character, that I wish him dead in every episode.

my favorite fight in all TG so far! I loved its pace and the balance of strength between the two characters.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Mar 16, 2022 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
That cutie Roma is a SSS ghoul? damn, and then she died just like that. SSS ghouls have zero survival rate in this series(except for Kaneki I guess). It's better if they stayed as a S or SS. lol
Sep 25, 2022 4:15 PM
Sep 2022
i think that it could be better thinking of how season 1 was took but okay no regrets about it
Oct 1, 2022 8:26 AM
Aug 2018
KonokoAsada said:
Though since the previous season I realized Roma was an antagonist (and she annoyed me greatly), I do recall she worked at Anteiku in the first season. Her personality was very much different too. This puzzled me completely, as I don't recall seeing in the anime when the transition of this character occurred. In fact, I didn't see any hints either. I had to do some net research,
I definitely need to read the manga after I finish the anime.

Hinami also simply switched sides offscreen. This anime is a mess.

The correct response would be "manga must not be worth reading if this is the anime".
Does the Reaper Dream of Darkness Darker than Black?
Jan 28, 2023 4:27 PM
Dec 2021
imo this is an amazing anime, one of the few that i can actually binge watch bc i just can't stop, idk what all the manga readers are complaining about. if anything it's making me even more motivated to read the manga after i finish the anime lol.

i absolutely love the action. one of the few shows that i actually hope ends well; i normally hate happy endings. there's so much going on i really can't even guess what's going to happen
Feb 12, 12:27 AM

Aug 2019
That was a really quick wardrobe change for Kaneki and Touka, just couldn't fight in their wedding clothes

Mar 14, 9:59 AM
Jan 2024
Episode was good, Kaneki almost gets killed again but then turns into some sort of....parasite (?)

The fight felt a bit rushed to me, but it was a good episode overall.
May 11, 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
this is more of a comedic skit now with everything all over the place while Kaneki looks and acts like 10 year old.I want the first season quality back
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

202 by bakakisima »»
May 17, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by bakakisima »»
May 8, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.