Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 27, 2018 8:53 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Translated by canaki @BL: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5875-The-BAMBOO-BROOM-DIARY-%28Nasu-and-Takeuchi-blog%29?p=2800079&viewfull=1#post2800079

''Today is the day EXTRA anime finally starts.

I am taken aback because it took long to get here, but when I look back, there were only happy things.

I've been blessed with several animations so far, but this is the first time it's not an "anime adaption of a game" but a "book I wrote to be animated".

"You can go wild with your taste. Do what you want"

These words that were said to me in the 2nd meeting are the base of "Last Encore".

(And this is how I got my engine running, but since I have no experience with writing anime scenarios, I wrote the source novel-ish book for "Last Encore", and had Sakurai-san help me adapt and adjust that into anime scenario format.)

Through "Last Encore", I tried to make it something that feels different depending on whether you know the premise.

For the people who will watch this anime as their first "EXTRA" experience, I want this to be the starting point where they become interested in the original game and the comics (5 volumes in total, on sale from Kadokawa!)

For the people familiar with the original game, I want them to go "What...?" at the differences.

So people can have fun playing EXTRA after watching the anime, and people can have fun watching the anime after playing the game.

I hope we made something that can be enjoyed both ways.

No matter how much your form changes, no matter how much time passes.

If the soul in the core is the same, then the conclusion will always---

... enough with blabbering.

This is the first time working on something big with SHAFT, but they were very patient with this troublesome project, sometimes surpassing my imagination with how wonderful they were.

Thank you very much.

So --- I hope you will stay with us for one season. Please enjoy "a unprecedented Fate" by SHAFT.''
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2018 9:04 AM

Aug 2014
>"You can go wild with your taste. Do what you want"

oh man

>For the people familiar with the original game, I want them to go "What...?" at the differences.

i sure did
Jan 27, 2018 9:18 AM
Sep 2016
For that whaaa? Part is for me too..been playing whole Extra stuff sorry for bad english
Jan 27, 2018 9:24 AM

Feb 2017
I now see what nasu means...
Jan 27, 2018 9:51 AM

Apr 2016
Its nice of him, he should also mention the fact that western fans get rekt again, cuz of Netflix.
Jan 27, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2013
This weirdly reminds me of Mekakucity Actors situation with another original creator given freedom.
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Jan 27, 2018 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
JackyOhayo said:
This weirdly reminds me of Mekakucity Actors situation with another original creator given freedom.

Well the difference of this is that Jin didn't had prior experience with writing an anime adaption.

Where as far as this goes, Nasu did had prior experience with writing or participating in an anime adaption production.
Jan 27, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2013
Wasshio said:
Well the difference of this is that Jin didn't had prior experience with writing an anime adaption.

Where as far as this goes, Nasu did had prior experience with writing or participating in an anime adaption production.

I guess you are right, it's just my fear talking. I still haven't recovered after MCA.

But why did Nasu say that he has no experience with anime scenarios in the interview? Because I'm sure he did something for UBW at least. Is it a mistranslation or was he referring to working on the screenplay from start to finish?
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Jan 27, 2018 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
JackyOhayo said:
Wasshio said:

I guess you are right, it's just my fear talking. I still haven't recovered after MCA.

But why did Nasu say that he has no experience with anime scenarios in the interview? Because I'm sure he did something for UBW at least. Is it a mistranslation or was he referring to working on the screenplay from start to finish?

Oh I can't blame you on that. Despite me not disliking MCA (thought some parts were done well) the overall way of how they handled the... well, the core aspect of it was done badly.

I do remember he participated in Grand/Order's OVA which came out around a month ago which was written by him. Not too much aware regarding on the rest.
Jan 27, 2018 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
7.5 grade and only episode 1 is released...

Got to love the fanbase and into what it has turned...

Good thing Nasu and TM does not care what fans in the west thinks and only concentrate on JP fanbase.
Jan 27, 2018 12:03 PM
Nov 2017
BrotherCoa said:

Good thing Nasu and TM does not care what fans in the west thinks and only concentrate on JP fanbase.

To be honestly, every single fanbase have some problems.
When more popular a franchise is, more problems and toxic fans appear
Jan 27, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
People who rate ongoing shows, let alone after the first episode, are idiots. There, I said it.
Jan 27, 2018 12:47 PM
Aug 2010
BrotherCoa said:

Another Salty Grail War has begun...
Jan 27, 2018 2:12 PM

Feb 2012
Based guy Nasu.

Also that one season thingy is kinda weird, will it really be just 12 episodes. Probably not.
Jan 27, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
DatRandomDude said:

"So people can have fun playing EXTRA after watching the anime, and people can have fun watching the anime after playing the game."

I want to engrave those words to everyone that thinks watching this anime before playing the game is a mistake.
Jan 27, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
astroprogs said:
People who rate ongoing shows, let alone after the first episode, are idiots. There, I said it.

And what if I rate it after 3 episodes? :V

(Just doing a joke here)
Jan 27, 2018 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
Ramkec said:
Based guy Nasu.

Also that one season thingy is kinda weird, will it really be just 12 episodes. Probably not.
its a split cour, namely Oblitus arc and Illustrius arc, so probably not only 12 eps.
Jan 28, 2018 4:35 PM

Jul 2015
astroprogs said:

wholeheartedly agree with you, though I gotta exclude shitfests from that rule
It's okay to smirk

Jan 28, 2018 4:43 PM

Aug 2015
"You can go wild with your taste. Do what you want"

Nasu ily have my babies

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Jan 28, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2017
astroprogs said:

Agreed. There are polls for each episode in the forums for a reason.
Jan 28, 2018 7:53 PM

Sep 2015
astroprogs said:

I do not know why the page allows rate series that have not yet finished
Jan 29, 2018 1:53 PM
Aug 2014
Totally right that's just sad to see that, 1 episode and so much are already impatient to rate before even understanding anything or even see if its obvious potential is real. Anyways, I definitely know that at least it's starting pretty well and deserve our attention for the following episodes no matter what people do. I just hope that if it ends up being still really good in a few weeks that those marks won't discourage people to watch it thinking it's just something average seasonal anime, that would be really really bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.