Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new Seven Ninja Swordsmen. The idea of them turning their village into the Blood Mist Village sounds troublesome.

Not bad this episode. It follows up from the previous episode's events.
I think it's nice to see Suigetsu again too.
Oct 18, 2017 3:22 AM
Mar 2015
Just finished watching it, the show is getting really interesting now, cannot wait for the next episode.
Oct 18, 2017 3:49 AM

May 2016
The symbolism comparing Yagura from episode 27 and episode 29:https://i.imgur.com/ym9mgIS.png

This one from episode 27 symbolises that Yagura had actually left the ways of the bloody mist and the blood was rinsed away. But now Shizuma have influenced Yagura to go back his ways of his ancestors and now the cards are red.
Oct 18, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
I like how the mizukage is just playing these guys.

Still dislike how powerful they are making Borutos generation look compared to their parents.
Oct 18, 2017 4:18 AM
Mar 2017
wait obito controlled the yagura right then why is yagura getting so much hate i mean he was exactly like kagura right in shippuden and nowhe is getting so much hate i just dont understand
Oct 18, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2017
Hm so lightning blade chick is Raiga's daughter, i still remembered the Curry of Life filler where Team Guy n naruto fought him, that was funniest filler ever ive seen lol

Wonder whats that scroll that Suigetsu gave to Mitsuki

Looking forward to seeing Sarada's real fight with her basic Sharingan prob will have some Haku v Sasuke like moment XD

4/5
Oct 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like some relatives of previous Seven Swordsmen members are part of the new group, so that kind of explains their motivations for why they're doing this. It was also cool to see Suigetsu have a somewhat important role in this arc.

I wonder how Sarada will do next episode against Raiga's daughter, this is a person who isn't even a genin yet going against a seasoned swordsman so if they're on equal footing, or if Sarada somehow wins without assistance, that would be sad on the swordsman's part. Plus it wouldn't make any sense, realistically speaking.

blackreaper024 said:
wait obito controlled the yagura right then why is yagura getting so much hate i mean he was exactly like kagura right in shippuden and nowhe is getting so much hate i just dont understand

I don't think people knew he was being controlled so they probably thought he did the things he did because he was evil and corrupt, without learning that he was actually doing that stuff against his will.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 18, 2017 6:01 AM

Jan 2017
it was funny. (only sometimes tho)

i still wanna know how samehad and kiba ended up back in the hidden mist

kiba; understandable, omoi gave it back 'cause it doesn't really mean anything.

samehada; on the other hand, is a sentient blade capable of showing emotion (note; seems like it cries when kisame dies). killer B (just hasn't shown up yet) isn't dead yet since he "narrowly escapes with his life" in boruto the movie (ref. boruto the movie and narutopedia -fandom)

samehada loves killer B's chakra (and i haven't seen that change)

help me, im conflicted... this is a massive hole that the developers caused.
these guys need to stop ripping off naruto and do something original with the show
Oct 18, 2017 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
skyfighter said:
The symbolism comparing Yagura from episode 27 and episode 29:https://i.imgur.com/ym9mgIS.png

This one from episode 27 symbolises that Yagura had actually left the ways of the bloody mist and the blood was rinsed away. But now Shizuma have influenced Yagura to go back his ways of his ancestors and now the cards are red.

U fool! Those red cards seen in 29th episode were lying beneath BEFORE Boruto and others forced Yagura to win by those three blue cards. He will remember that he scored a win with them after Boruto has shouted at him enough.
And then kids go in ramming those revolting adolescents. Since Denki's best friend already knows of the "fight".
Re:formed
Oct 18, 2017 6:50 AM
Apr 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Looks like some relatives of previous Seven Swordsmen members are part of the new group, so that kind of explains their motivations for why they're doing this. It was also cool to see Suigetsu have a somewhat important role in this arc.

I wonder how Sarada will do next episode against Raiga's daughter, this is a person who isn't even a genin yet going against a seasoned swordsman so if they're on equal footing, or if Sarada somehow wins without assistance, that would be sad on the swordsman's part. Plus it wouldn't make any sense, realistically speaking.

blackreaper024 said:

I don't think people knew he was being controlled so they probably thought he did the things he did because he was evil and corrupt, without learning that he was actually doing that stuff against his will.

Sharingan, against a sword? Anyone? I'm REEEEE...
Re:formed
Oct 18, 2017 7:02 AM

Feb 2013
Chojuro is toying with those guys, he can't be that weak.
Oct 18, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
kagura has a mental illness because his grandfather was controlled by madara he wasn't actually filled with blood lust, so if leaf divulged this info it could have prevented this filler....
Oct 18, 2017 7:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Interesting how that Raiga guy was made even more canon with this episode/the girl that's probably smashing Shizuma being his daughter

Episode was decent overall with the best parts imo being the scene where Boruto blackmailed Mei (Lol) and the meeting between Mitsuki and Suigetsu
Oct 18, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
These new Seven Ninja Swordsmen are total brats. Sarada vs Raiga's daughter is going to be interesting.
Oct 18, 2017 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
The 7 mist swordsmen gather and boruto convinces chojuro to take them on as thugs so kagura can be spared.
Suigetsu there to look out for mitsuki but he's gonna go anyways.
Oct 18, 2017 9:13 AM

May 2014
The build up is appreciated.

Still liking the direction and it's really an improvement from Naruto, even meh episodes go by fast for me.
Never though I'd enjoy this show so much.. Shouldn't surprise me cuz I thought that naruto's fillers were decent extensions of the story but they lacked a little something and the director is blending everything together nicely.

Oct 18, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
Vindicater said:

Still dislike how powerful they are making Borutos generation look compared to their parents.

I was about to write this. Remember how long it took Naruto to even get pass a kage? They shouldn't even be able to scratch a mizukage
Oct 18, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
I thought samehada was with Killer B. Anyway good episode.
killerimpactOct 18, 2017 10:06 AM
Oct 18, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2016
A bit disappointed by how easily Chojuro got caught by them. I'm guessing he's just a water clone and he's just playing with them... or at least, that's what I'm hoping. If he really got caught though, then that makes me think Mei just passed on the title to him because she wanted to go gamble and drink with Tsunade or something.
Oct 18, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2014
FireFistYamaan said:
Vindicater said:

I was about to write this. Remember how long it took Naruto to even get pass a kage? They shouldn't even be able to scratch a mizukage

Second this and the Mizukage better be playing these guys else it's gonna suck that they nerfed him too.
Oct 18, 2017 11:54 AM
Oct 2017
Just finished watching episode, i enjoyed for the most part. Just wish they wouldn't have me another episode to see some proper fight scenes
Oct 18, 2017 12:12 PM
Aug 2017
that dude with the executioner's blade thinks he can replace zabuza. when he picked it up I was so mad I can't explain it in words.
Oct 18, 2017 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
I like Ichirota, he literally became my favorite out of these new 7 swordsman of the mist when he called the others idiots for wasting all that time talking.

I'm surprised that they decided to continue treating Raiga as canon in the anime, by introducing his daughter. Who knows maybe she'll make an appearance in the Boruto manga as well.

Choujoro is not making himself look that great. I know he's probably using a wait and see approach to give Boruto some time by purposefully making himself look helpless, but still we need to see what the Mizukage is capable of. In the previous series we just saw him come out of nowhere a couple times, swinging his giant a** water-infused sword, when the enemy wasn't paying attention.

Kinda like that.
L0bstermanOct 18, 2017 1:56 PM
Oct 18, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2012
Ulquiorra said:
Chojuro is toying with those guys, he can't be that weak.

I really hope for this, wtf is he doing just talking with them lol.

Also had a good chuckle when Boruto said "That's enough you disrespectful bastards" lol.
Oct 18, 2017 3:10 PM
May 2012
this is just plain terrible.

Oct 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Mar 2016
Why y’all want hate again? They have no motive for becoming the blood mist village again either than to be “strong” and “feared”...

Anyways the show is really getting really interesting still even if everything is perfect... also are we just going to ignore that there’s some type of whole other dimension in the universe (mentioned in The Whole Nobu arc) ... like really???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
Chojuro got caught way too easily. You’d think the gap between the mizukage and some academy students would be massive but they seem like they’ll have an easier time against these new ninja swordsman.
Oct 18, 2017 5:00 PM

Jan 2015
Please for the love of god delete sarada from existence....she is so much worse than sasuke and sakura and they were already pretty bad
Oct 18, 2017 6:56 PM

Jan 2012
These new character designs... can't take them seriously as a threat.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 18, 2017 7:21 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah the character designs can't be taken seriously. I hope Sarada and Boruto ends up with each other.
Oct 18, 2017 9:46 PM

Aug 2007
I'm more annoyed that these academy students are somehow going to be able to defeat these kids in the 18-21 range. They're not even Genin yet ffs and they're already far stronger than Naruto's generation were at that point.

I was already annoyed in the original series that these 15-16 year olds can put up a good fight(or just straight up surpass them in skill) against their late 20s-early 30s instructors and squad leaders.

Oct 18, 2017 10:31 PM
May 2017
blackreaper024 said:

I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever revealed to the public that Yagura was being controlled.
Oct 18, 2017 11:05 PM
May 2017
I'm really not liking this arc. It has some good ideas in it but it fails in the execution.

Kagura's motivation somehow only got dumber this episode. I could accept that he felt that he owed a debt to the guy who stopped him from killing somebody but after he said "Mr. Shizuma is the only one who will accept me for who I really am." I started losing hope. Think about what he's saying there: "I don't like being a psychotic killer, so I'll be lead by the guy who accepts and enjoys that I'm a psychotic killer."

Either Kagura's a whole different kind of psychosis then he's been letting on or his motivation is pretty dumb.

I think their trying to capture the spirit of the Zabuza arc in this, but its not really working. Motivations are either convoluted or uninteresting, I don't feel any sense of sympathy from any of the enemies, and of course none of them are as intimidating as the Zabuza, Haku, and Kisame.

I don't feel the same sense of urgency because this isn't that famous arc on a bridge with no one nearby that could possibly do much against high ranking super powered ninjas. This is an arc where the only reason the characters haven't won already is because they want to keep one kid from having a criminal record.
They lifted the stakes too high but made all the heroes too reckless and over confident for those stakes to feel meaningful.

I doubt Kagura will get a better reason for doing what he's doing now so I don't really care what happens to him now. I doubt he'll die, I doubt he'll go full on supervillain. My guess is he'll be back in another episode.

I know their not going to turn this around but I will admit I'm excited to see what a single Mizukage and a couple of Ninja grade schoolers can do against such unique weapons.
Oct 19, 2017 1:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man they really should have protected the vault that stored such powerful swords better though. Its the wise choice to keep this little rebellion under wraps for the moment as it will look bad if this leaks out to the other villages. Sarada aspires to be a hokage that can protect everyone then. Boruto's plan of turning the rebellion into a mere fight though is interesting. So Mitsuki had that kind of connection then that was surprising. I guess peace can really rub shinobi the wrong way since they went from defenders of the villagers to mere security guards lol. Though each of the traitors is powerful im pretty sure Chojuro will be able to wipe the floor with them when he gets serious. Mei should come to reinforce as well as Mitsuki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2017 2:50 AM

May 2017
thebrentinator24 said:

blackreaper024 said:

Or maybe Yagura is really like that before he was even controlled
Oct 19, 2017 3:18 AM

Sep 2016
chojuro better turn up next episode and actually do something man this is the damn mizukage we are talking about i was so looking forward to him coming in and taking down at least half of the swordsman but this damn fool sitting here letting academy students take a chance fam.. think about that .. we on the brink of war and were resting it in academy students hands i understand they are the main cast but sometimes you have to let the grown folks handle their business and show you how its done next eps he better turn up or mei better come and shred they ass
Facta Non Verba
Oct 19, 2017 4:31 AM

Jun 2012
Literally this entire episode was talking.

I don't understand how this show can get worse and worse every week.

There's been maybe 5 good episodes out of 29.
Oct 19, 2017 9:12 AM
Apr 2017
I like the character design of Raiga's daughter, Shizuma and that guy with explosive sword, others are meh
Oct 19, 2017 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
UrbanJahts said:
Why y’all want hate again? They have no motive for becoming the blood mist village again either than to be “strong” and “feared”...

Anyways the show is really getting really interesting still even if everything is perfect... also are we just going to ignore that there’s some type of whole other dimension in the universe (mentioned in The Whole Nobu arc) ... like really???

They're the type that either just thirsts for battle and blood or the type that grew up hearing about the bloody mist village and want a chance to prove themselves. In history their have been plenty of the later types that pop up in the generation after the end of a war.
Oct 19, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
Was funny seeing Shikadai and Inojin shitting themselves because of Suigetsu.
Hype for Salad fight next week but that said I have to agree with this:
Lelouch0202 said:
Second this and the Mizukage better be playing these guys else it's gonna suck that they nerfed him too.
Hias said:
I'm more annoyed that these academy students are somehow going to be able to defeat these kids in the 18-21 range. They're not even Genin yet ffs and they're already far stronger than Naruto's generation were at that point.
I was already annoyed in the original series that these 15-16 year olds can put up a good fight(or just straight up surpass them in skill) against their late 20s-early 30s instructors and squad leaders.
Overall Boruto story is dildos but it still manages to be entertaining from time to time.
Oct 20, 2017 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
Oh man, some dudes and gals trying to rebel-up and they don't know how wars work...they're just trying to be edgy!
3/5.

Oct 20, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
I can get myself to like Chojuro...really...
Looking forward to Sarada's fight!
Oct 20, 2017 7:26 PM

Feb 2017
Chojuro is one weak ass kage to be caught like that.....
Oct 27, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 2017
Sasora said:
Literally this entire episode was talking.

I don't understand how this show can get worse and worse every week.

There's been maybe 5 good episodes out of 29.

so true
GrowingLore said:
I'm really not liking this arc. It has some good ideas in it but it fails in the execution.

Kagura's motivation somehow only got dumber this episode. I could accept that he felt that he owed a debt to the guy who stopped him from killing somebody but after he said "Mr. Shizuma is the only one who will accept me for who I really am." I started losing hope. Think about what he's saying there: "I don't like being a psychotic killer, so I'll be lead by the guy who accepts and enjoys that I'm a psychotic killer."

Either Kagura's a whole different kind of psychosis then he's been letting on or his motivation is pretty dumb.

I think their trying to capture the spirit of the Zabuza arc in this, but its not really working. Motivations are either convoluted or uninteresting, I don't feel any sense of sympathy from any of the enemies, and of course none of them are as intimidating as the Zabuza, Haku, and Kisame.

I don't feel the same sense of urgency because this isn't that famous arc on a bridge with no one nearby that could possibly do much against high ranking super powered ninjas. This is an arc where the only reason the characters haven't won already is because they want to keep one kid from having a criminal record.
They lifted the stakes too high but made all the heroes too reckless and over confident for those stakes to feel meaningful.

I doubt Kagura will get a better reason for doing what he's doing now so I don't really care what happens to him now. I doubt he'll die, I doubt he'll go full on supervillain. My guess is he'll be back in another episode.

I know their not going to turn this around but I will admit I'm excited to see what a single Mizukage and a couple of Ninja grade schoolers can do against such unique weapons.
you are my friend
Nov 3, 2017 12:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Mizukaga has a hard fight, although this new "swords" are inexperienced!!!
Nov 7, 2017 2:01 PM

Oct 2015
Those guys are just bored teenagers who spout nonsense. Their reason for the coup d'etat is stupid they should grow up.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 10, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2014
lmao, those thugs think they can beat Mizukage so easily just because they wield the seven sword.
Dec 10, 2017 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
This series has a really pathetic and generic sense of good vs evil.
Dec 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Abyhape said:
lmao, those thugs think they can beat Mizukage so easily just because they wield the seven sword.

He did seem a bit distressed when they were rushing towards him.

These poor copycats thinking they can start a war ...
Dec 31, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
Lol... I didn't expect Raiga from that filler arc to have a daughter in the Boruto series. Nice to see some continuation on that filler arc... but the question is, who's her mother?

I can't believe that the strongest weapons in the village is only guarded by puppets.

And please don't tell me that Mizukage is weak as fuck because he don't have one of the 7 swords anymore.

“Just a bunch of teenagers who don’t know war.” - Suigetsu.

Suigetsu is among us.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.