Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
I hope it is more than 12 episodes... each episode becomes so much interesting
Jul 26, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:

my dude, i acknowledged it on the first episode, and especially the 2nd one, but damn, shes even sexier than i could've imagined XD

I also like how MC took Kushida for bargaining with senpai. Rule #1 always take really sexy girls with huge Oppais for bargaining. HE is very smart huh.
Jul 26, 2017 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
Ahh that revealed personality... Of Kushida... I think I'm in 🔥 for her lolwut
Jul 26, 2017 1:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hirugiku said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

my dude, i acknowledged it on the first episode, and especially the 2nd one, but damn, shes even sexier than i could've imagined XD

I also like how MC took Kushida for bargaining with senpai. Rule #1 always take really sexy girls with huge Oppais for bargaining. HE is very smart huh.

I'm too busy looking at the fine ass girls in this anime to care what he is doing xD

Not saying he isn't cool tho, dat lack of emotion from him and main girl is quite different lol
Jul 26, 2017 1:14 PM
Jan 2011
Smudy said:
From a Redditor:

''The 10,000 points was a mistranslation. She said juu-man which is 100,000.
So based on their points previously, it looks like they both gave 50,000.''

That explains why Ayanokouji and Horikita are down in scores like that. Crunchyroll translation error and a pretty heavy one at that.

Wow. I thought something was off when she offered something so easily affordable.
Jul 26, 2017 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
One thing that was unbearable was why everyone seemed to actually care that Sudo got expelled. Like seriously he's unfriendly and didn't take studying seriously even though he KNEW what would happen. He was completely undeserving of their concern (Kushida we know is a fake bitch and needs to maintain appearances, but Ayanokouji actually seemed to care. And yeah I know Horikita is saying its just for her benefit but she tried a little too hard)

Also I knew that bitch was cray. I'm not sure which side I prefer to be honest. They're both detestable. Although I guess the side that looks like a serial killer and threatens to frame people for rape is worse (but goddamn her preppy side is annoying asf).

Horikita is a bitch too though. Stabbing him with a compass Really? That's assault! Someone take some points from her!
Jul 26, 2017 1:23 PM
Dec 2014
Inugirlz said:
One thing that was unbearable was why everyone seemed to actually care that Sudo got expelled. Like seriously he's unfriendly and didn't take studying seriously even though he KNEW what would happen. He was completely undeserving of their concern (Kushida we know is a fake bitch and needs to maintain appearances, but Ayanokouji actually seemed to care. And yeah I know Horikita is saying its just for her benefit but she tried a little too hard)

Also I knew that bitch was cray. I'm not sure which side I prefer to be honest. They're both detestable. Although I guess the side that looks like a serial killer and threatens to frame people for rape is worse (but goddamn her preppy side is annoying asf).

Horikita is a bitch too though. Stabbing him with a compass Really? That's assault! Someone take some points from her!

Read from somewhere that Sudo is contributing class points by being in the school basketball team and this is why Horikita is doing her best to keep him because he's useful that way. Ayanokouji is the one who is confusing but he seems to have taken a liking to Horikita and is doing it for her.
Jul 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2015
Btw the reason why Ayanokuji let Kushida have all glory is because he doesnt like standing out. Even after teacher left he went after her but said he is going to toilet. He doesnt want to be a hero.
If Horikita didnt lower her score to lower the average class's score Sudou and maybe someone else wouldnt've passed.

Also it was English where Sudou got 39. He got cheats from Kushida, so he memorized all answers and did pretty well, 60s in all other classes but English. You cant just memorize answers for English, you have to know it to pass it. So thats why he failed it.

Also Kushida doesnt like MC the reason why she got so frustrated was because she realized that Horikita is friendly with someone else (MC) while Kushida tries her damn best to befriend Horikita only to be pushed aside by Horikita. That made her frustrated beyond belief that even though she is trying so hard Horikita doesnt want to be friends with her, at first Kushida thought that its just because Horikita is a loner and doesnt want to socialize with anyone but when she realized she is actually all buddy-buddy with Ayanokuji she got really frustrated at Horikita. Thus revealing her other personality.
Jul 26, 2017 1:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I found Kushida to be unbearable, but now knowing that there's a vicious, vindictive person inside her makes her a much better character. Excellent. But why the heck does she care so much if Horikita can be close to Ayanokuji?

Why the hek did Horikita stab him with a compass? Was she channeling her inner Senjougahara "attack with stationery" mode or what?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2017 1:42 PM

Jun 2012
Wow..Yurika Kubo always plays bubbly/cute characters, hearing her like this... :o
Jul 26, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Hinata said:
Creepy asf 360 personality change

lol, I think you mean 180 bruh :P
Jul 26, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, that was good! An interesting plot twist. Almost everyone in that school is rotten to the core. To think that she's been acting all the time... She must even be suffering while she acts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2017 1:55 PM

Dec 2014
Getting the Tatsuya impression from Ayanokouji, and I haven't even seen Mahouka.

Kushida's 180 was more "lol" than anything surprising. It didn't really feel grounded in anything, but I'm hoping later episodes will explain things. Still a show I very much look forward to every week.
spicychileJul 26, 2017 2:11 PM
I need sleep.
Jul 26, 2017 1:58 PM
Dec 2015
This show is starting to get really interesting. At first, I wasn't sure if they would be caught using old test questions to cheat and would lose the class points for well, cheating, but with it also seems like the teachers don't care how you succeed so long as you do. This show very much represents the real world style of meritocracy found in big organizations. Punishing the whole class for the actions of one person is going to give that one person power, and allow him to exploit everyone else with threats of failure which will have legitimate consequences on everyone. On the other hand, rewarding the whole class for success will probably cause a riff against people getting rewarded despite not pulling their weight as much as possible. More over, these organizations often have people playing the system unfairly to succeed. The ability to essentially bribe the teacher for points is a great example of such, as is the nice-girl act that Kushida revealed. I predicted early on that she would be a cutthroat manipulative bitch, but it was hella satisfying to see her take down the facade for a bit. Her threat over Ayanokoji is one that I wouldn't be surprised to hear often in that kind of society, and that whole interaction is both somewhat realistic and thematically relevant.

Overall, this show is very interesting. It's writing is snappy, the characters are interesting, and the society is interesting in its exaggeration of real-world meritocracy. The writing does admittedly fall a bit short at times, but overall its a small blemish on a very promising show this season. 4.5/5
Jul 26, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2010
over all it was a pretty slow paced and boring, the twists didn't impress me at all

Leo_10 said:
The used an Adam Smith quote.

Ayanokouji is a cunning person. He continues to impressive me. Class D managed to make it. Sudou needs to be more serious when it comes to studying.

And wow, Kushida :O Does she have a split personality or something? Totally unexpected... I wonder why she doesn't like Horikita.

I will say that she is an attention whore, and she got pissed off when she stole her spotlight

Hinata said:
Creepy asf 360 personality change

if you do a turn of 360º you end up where you started so you must meant a 180º, either way she did not change we only discovered that she has two faces.

I liked Suzune the most so never cared about Kushida. but after the compass stabbing scene I'm not sure if I want to side with her, it gave me an "School Days" vibe.
LF2005Jul 26, 2017 2:08 PM
Jul 26, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Oh boy this episode delivered quite well on the Kushida reveal. Loved how they portrayed her schizophrenic side XD

Still waiting for more Ayanokouji reveal though, because he's still hiding his true abilities and that's really no fun to watch.

HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 26, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2012
Nice, it's getting better each episode. And I'm finally starting to like the MC.

Though I don't get why the yandere girl hates the tsundere girl so much. It doesn't seem to be anything related to the guy. Is she envious of her apparent emotional independence? Serious question, I suck at understanding people's motivations.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Jul 26, 2017 2:14 PM
Apr 2015
please tell me im not the only one who saw that double personality from at least 3 hundred thousand miles away no one could ever be that nice EVER seriously " I just wanna get along with everyone " why would someone care enough to get along with everyone
Jul 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Dec 2007
runamagic said:
ButadonMeitante said:
Also has anyone else noticed that in the credits, it shows how many points each character has? Since I watched it live I can't rewind it, but can anyone show if the points have changed from last episode?

I think you meant this:

mozgow said:
Smudy said:
From a Redditor:

That explains why Ayanokouji and Horikita are down in scores like that. Crunchyroll translation error and a pretty heavy one at that.

I just watched it on CR and they fixed it:

There's a problem.
At the end of ep2 ayanakoji has 62110pts (credits from ep2 ending).
Then he must have pay his senpai for the test 15000pts.
He should have 47110pts.
But while talking with his teacher the smartphone shows 62110pts.
End of ep3, he has now those 10561pts after paying 50000pts for Sudo.

So who paid for the tests ? that's not kushida she had 47224pts at the end of ep2.

Jul 26, 2017 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
Things are getting more interesting.
-At first I thought the teacher would at least threat to punish Ayanokoji and the class even further after his bribe attempt, but nope, she just asked for a huge amount and went along with it. Do the teachers also get paid in points? I didn't expect them to be able to use them as well. Well, whatever.
-Ayanokoshi shows quite the bargaining skills, and he even takes Kushida to the bargain to gain an advantage, cunning bastard.
-Horikita seems to be showing a more tsundere side of her. Kinda unexpected.
-Kushida leaves quite an impression. It wasn't a huge surprise that she wasn't the goody-two-shoes girl, but her rotten side was a bit too much Higurashi for me. Subtlety can go a long way. Loved the reveal, though, the direction and how the cell phone rang at the worst time. I hope they explain why she became like this at some point though.
Hirugiku said:

Also Kushida doesnt like MC the reason why she got so frustrated was because she realized that Horikita is friendly with someone else (MC) while Kushida tries her damn best to befriend Horikita only to be pushed aside by Horikita. That made her frustrated beyond belief that even though she is trying so hard Horikita doesnt want to be friends with her, at first Kushida thought that its just because Horikita is a loner and doesnt want to socialize with anyone but when she realized she is actually all buddy-buddy with Ayanokuji she got really frustrated at Horikita. Thus revealing her other personality.

This is the explanation I needed, I couldn't think of any reasons why she was so mad at her. My only theory was she was stealing her thunder or Kushida having a crush on Sudo, but that would be kinda lame.

But seriously, why the hell did Horikita stab MC with a compass? Just being tsundere won't suffice.
Jul 26, 2017 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
ManteR said:
runamagic said:

I think you meant this:

mozgow said:

I just watched it on CR and they fixed it:

There's a problem.
At the end of ep2 ayanakoji has 62110pts (credits from ep2 ending).
Then he must have pay his senpai for the test 15000pts.
He should have 47110pts.
But while talking with his teacher the smartphone shows 62110pts.
End of ep3, he has now those 10561pts after paying 50000pts for Sudo.

So who paid for the tests ? that's not kushida she had 47224pts at the end of ep2.

What if that 62,110 he had was AFTER he bought the tests but before he split 50,000 with Horitika to buy the test point. Episode 2 ended when everyone saw the test scores for the first time but before the Sudou problem was resolved so there's not actually any inconsistency there.
Jul 26, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2007
you've got a point here, sounds about the right thing, my mistake ^^

Jul 26, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
kchorrex2012 said:

This is the explanation I needed, I couldn't think of any reasons why she was so mad at her. My only theory was she was stealing her thunder or Kushida having a crush on Sudo, but that would be kinda lame.

But seriously, why the hell did Horikita stab MC with a compass? Just being tsundere won't suffice.

First of all Horikita is not a tsundere, she is never dere, she is only tsun-tsun. That can of course change later, but for now it is what it is. I didnt personally like Horikita stabbing MC with a compass scene, it wasnt very well executed i feel, just happened too fast, i didnt even realize that she stabbed him. As for explanation i have no idea, she never stabbed him in novel.

For Kushida its not that she has a twisted personality, you can totally understand why she flipped out. She is trying hard to become friends with her only to be ignored. I think any person on this forum would've flipped out as well. And in public we are different people from who we are when we are alone. You wouldnt want to ruin your reputation by saying everything that's on your mind.
Jul 26, 2017 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
That was a weird episode! Not sure if I like Kushida anymore tho >_<. Sort of suspected something was going to happen , didn't imagine it to be so intense tho ._. Perhaps some strange feelings (a.k.a love) going on between Kushida , Horitsuka and Ayanokouji. I think although Kushida went all mental on Ayanokouji , she could just be embarrassed? Idk it seems a bit of a wrong move for her if that was the case. Nonetheless , an enjoyable episode!
My worry for this anime is that it'll make all the characters strange and a bit annoying , so I hope Kushida redeems herself in a later episode , or that'll just leave me annoyed =/
removed-userJul 26, 2017 2:53 PM
Jul 26, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit..!! that plot twist in the end is shocked me a bit, now this show really got my attention full for this season...
Jul 26, 2017 3:13 PM

Jun 2017
Geez, they really had to break the bank just to get everyone to pass.

I think by now everyone knew something was up with Kushida, but it played out in a different way than I expected.
Jul 26, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2015
Hirugiku said:
kchorrex2012 said:

First of all Horikita is not a tsundere, she is never dere, she is only tsun-tsun. That can of course change later, but for now it is what it is. I didnt personally like Horikita stabbing MC with a compass scene, it wasnt very well executed i feel, just happened too fast, i didnt even realize that she stabbed him. As for explanation i have no idea, she never stabbed him in novel.

For Kushida its not that she has a twisted personality, you can totally understand why she flipped out. She is trying hard to become friends with her only to be ignored. I think any person on this forum would've flipped out as well. And in public we are different people from who we are when we are alone. You wouldnt want to ruin your reputation by saying everything that's on your mind.

I think the normal response to that is "OK, that person clearly wants to be left alone, let's leave them alone." This girl literally threatened the MC with a false rape accusation. That's not just flipping out, that's on a whole 'nother level. If she was a perfectly normal girl that was just angry and really embarassed I'd wonder how she'd be able to come up with such a crafty threat in the first place. The key point about her irritation that shows how twisted she is is not the fact that she's mad at getting rejected, but that she felt the need to be so persistent in the first place. Why does she want to be friends with Horitika? Is it because she doesn't want to see her be alone? Well, that's unnecessary if the MC is there. Is it because she just wants to be friendly with everyone? Reasonable at face value, but the amount of effort she put into it even after getting rejected the first time is suspect. Or maybe she's actually kind of twisted and feels this weird need to be liked by literally every one to feel validated. Point is, her reaction was way too extreme to be considered normal in my opinion. And if it isn't a twisted personality that got her into Class D, what did? It's not like her grades were super awful or anything.

As for the compass thing, yes it did happen in the LN you probably just missed it. The context was different in the LN and it made more sense for her to be irritated but either way it was basically just typical tsundere stuff that I wish they just left out. Regardless, it's obvious the main reason Horitika is in class D is her personality not her academics. Since she's the main female character, it's highly likely that they'll make a point of having her improve over time (as stuff like getting a 51 on English on purpose shows hints of).
Jul 26, 2017 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
We all knew this was gonna happen but finally the girl has exploded out of her shell.

Jul 26, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
Hirugiku said:

Mind if i ask since looks like you read the LN? Does Kushida really has no any feelings towards our MC or she just dislikes him for the reason like you said? Is there gonna be a reveal about her personality soon? And do you know what's gonna happen next after this? Also is our MC gonna show his fang soon, because i would really like to see him become OP and people know they should not messing around with him. I don't mind some spoilers tho, because more i know about the story, then it will become more interesting for me, you can use spoiler tag if you want, thanks...
Jul 26, 2017 3:39 PM
Aug 2016
This anime is S class in my opinion, with every episode it gets better and more interesting, could be the best anime of this summer probably
Jul 26, 2017 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Hirugiku said:

I can only speak from an anime perspective, but:
-Horikita blushed quite a bit in this episode, that seems totally dere to me.
-Even if I can understand her frustration, Kushida's overreaction was uncalled for. Of course we don't always say what's in our minds publicly, but I don't think most people in this forum would react to that frustration by screaming and kicking a fence, or even worse, threatening to falsely accuse someone of rape. Any sane person would realize that trying to be friends with everyone is just delusional, so she's still over-the-top in my eyes, or at the very least has a personality disorder (c'mon, just look at how she reverts to her kawaii persona). However I will wait and see if they explain how she became like this, that might fix it for me.
But again, I haven't read any of the LNs so it may be an issue with the adaptation or things they haven't show yet.

Lohuydahutt said:

Is it because she just wants to be friendly with everyone? Reasonable at face value, but the amount of effort she put into it even after getting rejected the first time is suspect. Or maybe she's actually kind of twisted and feels this weird need to be liked by literally every one to feel validated.

Pretty much agree, I hope it's something along these lines.
kchorrex2012Jul 26, 2017 4:18 PM
Jul 26, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
Lohuydahutt said:
Hirugiku said:

I think the normal response to that is "OK, that person clearly wants to be left alone, let's leave them alone." This girl literally threatened the MC with a false rape accusation. That's not just flipping out, that's on a whole 'nother level. If she was a perfectly normal girl that was just angry and really embarassed I'd wonder how she'd be able to come up with such a crafty threat in the first place. The key point about her irritation that shows how twisted she is is not the fact that she's mad at getting rejected, but that she felt the need to be so persistent in the first place. Why does she want to be friends with Horitika? Is it because she doesn't want to see her be alone? Well, that's unnecessary if the MC is there. Is it because she just wants to be friendly with everyone? Reasonable at face value, but the amount of effort she put into it even after getting rejected the first time is suspect. Or maybe she's actually kind of twisted and feels this weird need to be liked by literally every one to feel validated. Point is, her reaction was way too extreme to be considered normal in my opinion. And if it isn't a twisted personality that got her into Class D, what did? It's not like her grades were super awful or anything.

As for the compass thing, yes it did happen in the LN you probably just missed it. The context was different in the LN and it made more sense for her to be irritated but either way it was basically just typical tsundere stuff that I wish they just left out. Regardless, it's obvious the main reason Horitika is in class D is her personality not her academics. Since she's the main female character, it's highly likely that they'll make a point of having her improve over time (as stuff like getting a 51 on English on purpose shows hints of).

Oh i guess i did miss a compass thing, thanks for reminding.
I guess you have a point that its her twisted personality that got her into Class D but i also think the rape accusation that she put on him is because she got scared that her twisted personality might get revealed and RIP her reputation of being a nice girl. So blackmailing him there was the best choice of action to make to ensure that he stays silent. But i agree that her twisted personality is what got her into class D
Jul 26, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
Not that anime makes any sort of attempt to be accurate or realistic, but the opening scrawl was wrong, animals do bargain. As an example monkeys will trade food for sex.
Jul 26, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
kchorrex2012 said:

I can only speak from an anime perspective, but:
-Horikita blushed quite a bit in this episode, that's seems totally dere to me.
-Even if I can understand her frustration, Kushida's overreaction was uncalled for. Of course we don't always say what's in our minds publicly, but I don't think most people in this forum would react to that frustration by screaming and kicking a fence, or even worse, threatening to falsely accuse someone of rape. Any sane person would realize that trying to be friends with everyone is just delusional, so she's still over-the-top in my eyes, or at the very least has a personality disorder (c'mon, just look at how she reverts back to her kawaii persona). However I will wait and see if they explain how she became like this, that might fix it for me.
But again, I haven't read any of the LNs so it may be an issue with the adaptation or things they haven't show yet.

-I think she just felt uncofortable. After all she is a loner so socializing with others is embarassing/unusual for her.
- You're right Kushida is twisted, but i was just justifying her behavior there since Horikita was literally unbearable to deal with. But of course it takes it to a whole new level when you act like a psycho. Might not be the best example but i've seen some people in some multiplayer games people acting like total psychos when they get frustrated. I dont really think those people are straight up psychos but sometimes frustration does that to people, they dont control their emotions and let everything out.
Jul 26, 2017 4:16 PM

May 2015
Eh, either I'm tired or they actually just made a mistranslation. It's supposed to be 100,000 and not 10,000. Pretty sure sensei said "Juuman" as well.

Anyway, great episode. Kikyou's scene was really well done in my opinion. Definitely had a more intense feel to it in animated form than it was in the LN.

Jul 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
Reverberate said:
Eh, either I'm tired or they actually just made a mistranslation. It's supposed to be 100,000 and not 10,000. Pretty sure sensei said "Juuman" as well.

Anyway, great episode. Kikyou's scene was really well done in my opinion. Definitely had a more intense feel to it in animated form than it was in the LN.

Yes you are right, it is supposed to be 100,000. Some people said it was fixed but, I guess that isn't the case. Even when I was watching it, it had said 10,000.
Jul 26, 2017 4:21 PM

Feb 2015
Hirugiku said:
Lohuydahutt said:

Oh i guess i did miss a compass thing, thanks for reminding.
I guess you have a point that its her twisted personality that got her into Class D but i also think the rape accusation that she put on him is because she got scared that her twisted personality might get revealed and RIP her reputation of being a nice girl. So blackmailing him there was the best choice of action to make to ensure that he stays silent. But i agree that her twisted personality is what got her into class D

Well, then I guess we're mostly on the same page kek. I like her character more like this instead of her just being nice for the sake of being nice. It makes her more interesting.
Jul 26, 2017 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
Sokah said:
Not that anime makes any sort of attempt to be accurate or realistic, but the opening scrawl was wrong, animals do bargain. As an example monkeys will trade food for sex.

It was a quote from Adam Smith, who was born before the scientific studies of Bonobos. So it's right, but outdated. The study was in 2009, Adam smith was born in 1723.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 26, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2015
Crocospect22 said:
Hirugiku said:

Mind if i ask since looks like you read the LN? Does Kushida really has no any feelings towards our MC or she just dislikes him for the reason like you said? Is there gonna be a reveal about her personality soon? And do you know what's gonna happen next after this? Also is our MC gonna show his fang soon, because i would really like to see him become OP and people know they should not messing around with him. I don't mind some spoilers tho, because more i know about the story, then it will become more interesting for me, you can use spoiler tag if you want, thanks...

She stated that she hates him, im sure she is gonna say it next episode pretty much for his personality. The reason why most of us viewers like him she hates him.
That's relatable to me the more i know the more interested i am even if its a spoiler. But sorry i cant say much cause there's only 1.5 volumes translated so my novel knowledge are running out :(
I can say tho that what you said about MC is literally what he doesnt want to do :D He hates standing out, even in this episode notice how he let Kushida get all glory and when he was trying to follow Sensei, he left so no one notices and when Kushida asked him he said he is going to bathroom. He even stated in LN that he likes cute girls and will always help them (probably the reason why he defended Horikita from her brother) but if it means standing out he wont help them.
But im sure some events in the future will force him to take some action and be a hero in front of everyone.
Also volume 1 is done so probably will get 3 more volumes after this so we'll get a huge chunk of story, dont worry you will find all answers to your questions
Jul 26, 2017 4:49 PM
Feb 2015
I don't understand, why Horikita stabbed Ayanokoji?
Jul 26, 2017 4:56 PM

Nov 2012
Hirugiku said:

-I think she just felt uncofortable. After all she is a loner so socializing with others is embarassing/unusual for her.
- You're right Kushida is twisted, but i was just justifying her behavior there since Horikita was literally unbearable to deal with. But of course it takes it to a whole new level when you act like a psycho. Might not be the best example but i've seen some people in some multiplayer games people acting like total psychos when they get frustrated. I dont really think those people are straight up psychos but sometimes frustration does that to people, they dont control their emotions and let everything out.

- Never thought of her being uncomfortable. That's a good point considering her brother treated her as a useless person, so her being complimented may be embarrasing.
- It's true, "normal" people can react like that under certain circumstances, I just think the changes are too extreme in this case, considering she takes like 2 seconds to become kawaii again. Normal people would need more time to chill after such an outburst, I think. I guess that may be either a writing or adaptation problem, since I don't see that Horikita was THAT annoying... and she ignored almost everyone equally. I guess there are more scenes in the LNs that help establish this.
Jul 26, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah. I recognized that translation error myself. I'm not that good at Japanse but the 10k and them both paying made me already suspicious. I was waiting for the end scores and they made me check the translation.

My listening/recognition was good enought to hear the "ju" for "ten" and the "man" and "points" so I knew it was ten times "man". And that is something I always found confusing about the japanese numbers system. Translater I guess mistook this for 1000 ... like we usually say "ten thousands" and for 100k "hundred thousands" where in japanse it is "ten tenthousands".

Loved the episode. Ending with the other girl was nice. I didn't really like her. Now I like her more than the dark haired girl. And they were thinking about how someone getting expelled might affect the overall class score when they talked to the teacher. (That's what I thought of as well.)

Teacher scene was nice. She seems to expect a lot from both. (Ha ha. I guess the main char will be prime minister 10-20 years later.)

Also interesting: Not 50 from 100 (percent of total score) is taken as border for failing. 50 percent of the average ... and others could lower the average on purpose (not getting ahead too far). That would make sense to avoid people getting expelled (which could lower the overall score of the class). But an I guess people still wand their individual test score to be high (looking better on the grade sheet) - and would only to this temporarily if others with worse scores made a real effort to improve.
Jul 26, 2017 5:54 PM

Dec 2016
Oh wow talk about a split personality, what an ending that was.

So many twists and turns in this anime, it's so great to watch.

I never thought about buying points, pretty clever.

I wonder if we will learn more about the A class girl that uses a cane to walk? Maybe she's sick or was in an accident of some sorts.
Jul 26, 2017 6:18 PM
Jan 2016
Finally!!! something happened in this episode, and i have to admit that the final song was cool.
3/5
Jul 26, 2017 6:22 PM
Aug 2016
Smudy said:
From a Redditor:

yup. she said jyu-man which means 100,000, not 10,000. it was so weird when in the LN they said 100,000 while in the eng sub they said 10,000 so i check it, and yup, the translation was a bit mislead right there.

anyway, even though i know that kushida is like that, i didn't it would still be this shocking seeing how her facial expression and her voice got really turned 180 degree. it's just, look the difference!

AeroSNJul 26, 2017 6:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2017 6:22 PM
Jul 2017
Yappari😑 kushida is someone like that
Jul 26, 2017 6:29 PM

Jan 2016
runamagic said:

I think you meant this:

Image doesn't load for me :(

RjImpervious said:
Differences from the LN and the anime so far

I think it would have been better if that 4th point was in the anime, but I have more respect for the 5th point - making the characters consistent. The studio is doing a good job thus far.
Jul 26, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was alright,dude really is pulling a batman here mainly just because he doesn't wanna stand out hes not the hero Class D deserves Kappa

Kushida...doubt anyone didn't expect that just glad it happened sooner,and shes using her pair of "plots" for more actual plot so that's kinda funny

still barely know any of the other classmates and those 3 that barely passed becoming buddies feels kinda jarring since it all sorta happened in the span of a episode
Jul 26, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2017
Favorite episode of the week.

When Kushida put Ayanokuji's hand on her coat, my first thought was: can you really lift a fingerprint off of cloth like that? Some google searching shows that yes, but it's difficult, and you can usually get DNA from the cloth anyway.

But as others have said, the threat of 'drawing attention to him' was the real point. I think Kushida knows that Ayanokuji is not the kind of person to gossip about what he saw (and that nobody would believe him!), and Ayanokuji is smart enough to know that she knows that. Furthermore, Ayanokuji knows that Kushida making that accusation would damage the efforts of the class as a whole, which is not what she wants. Besides the fact that Ayanokuji has a good chance of exoneration from lack of evidence (he can just claim he bumped into her coat.)

In other words, Kushida was communicating the seriousness with which she viewed her vulnerability to him, as well as her willingness to "share a secret" and be allies if he was trustworthy (since she knew he was competent at getting the old exams), and Ayanokuji seemed to get it.

Darkly flawed but deeply intelligent characters, who provide plenty to think about. Those old quotes at the beginning of the show, which at first seemed pretentious, are actually what this show is aiming for.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jul 26, 2017 6:42 PM
Aug 2016
Hirugiku said:
As for explanation i have no idea, she never stabbed him in novel.

because she will stabbed him later. see the manga, some of the first pages told the reader something that happened later in the story, and it was after horikita stabbed our mc with a compass that
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.