Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2017 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
Even if it is rushed I think this pacing is more appropriate. Plus the anime is really just there to boost LN sales anyways... so details can be omitted.

They would probably have to explain how the high scores came about in a flashback. This happens all the time. A sort of cliffhanger type ending to keep us guessing or wanting more.

Jul 19, 2017 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
This MC dodges that stupid punch like a pro. Very interesting story, I hope that it will get explained how they suddenly raised their scores? There is also no way that scoring all subjects on 50 is a concidence.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 19, 2017 3:14 PM
May 2016
Can someone please delete that Kushida girl of the surface? I don't get how you can be this annoying. She isn't even a tsundere like most people say, like why would you want to be friends with everyone? Almost skipped every scene with her.
Jul 19, 2017 3:20 PM

Apr 2016
I like this anime, the MC dodging surprised me
I don't know what to put here
Jul 19, 2017 3:25 PM

Jan 2016
I'M LOVING THIS! RELEASE ALL THE EPISODES THIS INSTANCE!

Ayanokuji is a great MC, been a while since I liked a MC alot! That mini fight scene was so well done! Of course he plays the piano so that's why he's that strong. Also Horikata definitely got turned on by his body LMAO
Jul 19, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 2015
Really interesting episode.
Nice to see a different side of Horikita, Wish the mc had hit her brother in the face.
Epic short fight scene!

Can't wait to see more!
Jul 19, 2017 4:02 PM
Dec 2016
Hirugiku said:

Btw pretty funny how their smartphones look way too good (Sasuga Lerche) they look even better than smartphone in Isekai smartphone <3

And that fight animation Aaah Hands down to Lerche...

Lerche learns how to make fight look more intense from AssClass and DR3.. That give me chills~~

Didn't think it'll look too high-tech like this from the ln.. The first time they mention, i think of a palm first! XD
Jul 19, 2017 4:11 PM

Sep 2016
Amazing episode again, only cliffhanger I'll gladly accept.

Jul 19, 2017 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
This MC is an absolute badass and elite student.

I wonder what he is actually trying to do though? What his goal he, he intentionally went into that lower class.

Really looking forward to watching the next episode.
Jul 19, 2017 4:28 PM

Jul 2015
Episode 2 delivering again, my expectations are increasing.

The phone scene was hilarious, Horikita doesn't approve.

That action scene against the student council president was short but super intense, loving the art and animation of this anime.

Dat cliffhanger, that caught me completely off guard, I need to see how they made things change that hard.
Jul 19, 2017 4:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, it was a pain in the ass to finish this episode
ill try another episode but i think ill end up dropping after that
pretty surprised by the high amount of people enjoying this so far :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 19, 2017 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't commented anything about the episode yet due to sleeping afterwards (and no I wasn't bored, Lol) That was fucking awesome. Though, I would say even if it was fast paced, for what it was trying to do it delivered.

DatRandomDude said:
well, it was a pain in the ass to finish this episode
ill try another episode but i think ill end up dropping after that
pretty surprised by the high amount of people enjoying this so far :/

Hmm I'm kind of curious why it was a pain in the ass for your end, though I can kinda get the jist why you didn't liked it. Also, its not really a bad thing either for that xD
Jul 19, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2015
Dam those dodging skillz. He really needs to be apart of a sports club or some shyt.
Jul 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Oct 2015
1- Thanks god we have a good MC that dodge from Ayanokouji and those fighting defensive skills, this guy has alot of secrets i like it.
2- I guess Suzune has brocon (or just want to really prove herself to her brother)
3- That Kushina Swimsuit scene plus the after shower scene "the plot" was intense LEL ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
4- I would totally love if this anime got 24-26 episodes.. but i can see already 12-13 lol coming around the corner.
iTzKenzoJul 19, 2017 5:18 PM
Jul 19, 2017 5:21 PM

Jan 2017
going to practice piano and calligraphy later on. damn, already expect something from him but that was really caught me off guard, obviously he is smart or somewhat at least play it cool, now that really made me curious about his careless on his entrance exam. Barely see the fourth mc, karuizawa or I didnt see her at all(?).
and finally, something school life anime that is worth to watch.
anyone can update me, are anime still adapting in volume 1?
ZeldrissJul 19, 2017 5:27 PM
Jul 19, 2017 5:42 PM

Aug 2015
I like how much we don't know about the MC and the system. With the revelations that the MC is actually pretty badass, I'm finding it hard to wait another week for this.
Jul 19, 2017 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
bobzanny said:
Wow so they do almost all of vol.1 in 2 episodes, cutting out most of the classes character development. Not too happy about that especially since it hurts the MC the most and the setup for vol.2 will be lacking.

At least the parts that were adapted were done well.

Indeed im sure it is cutting stuff; but if it adapted everything wed likely be sitting at ep 3-6 and still be in vol 1 ; likely trying to do what they can in the time allotted though I understand I never like the cuts/
Jul 19, 2017 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
Ayanokoji is too smart able to rig his test. This show makes me want to dig more about each characters' personality. Cause those students able to score high points in the exam.
Ayanokoji got 70. Did he rig or it is true?

What true purpose of him getting into the school?
Jul 19, 2017 6:29 PM
Aug 2016
Suzune is kinda really rude, i dont really like her character

Ayanokouji probably did some martial arts and stuff, since he is kinda ripped and dodged all those attacks, a lot of mistery in his character

the anime is interesting so far, i like it
Jul 19, 2017 7:02 PM
Apr 2016
ButadonMeitante said:

However, the fact about his test scores may in fact be
but honestly, no one knows.

Jul 19, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2016
So.. If you score low you'll get expelled? Nothing special tbh and If I were in a class like that I think my attitude would be the same with Suzune and let them got expelled lol.

Pretty much a decent episode and interesting MC. But I hate the last part of the episodes though didn't expect Suzune to have a brother and she seems to look up to her brother pretty well. *sigh And suddenly they got a high score wow~.
Jul 19, 2017 7:34 PM

Apr 2017
Among the lowest of all rank sections

So? This is becoming Baka to Test without "Summoning"

Having the same similarities of some characters like Horikita really reminds me how Yukinoshita act on how cold her persona was.
By Overtaking the rank of Class C to Class A
They should aimed higher score in the midterm or in any quizzes to earn point but if you FAIL, it means Expulsion
Now that is something that you can't be able to come up some tactical move.

Mostly his hidden talent is just neither be a bluff or a coincidence cause he rigged out the scores

-HippySnob-Jul 19, 2017 7:42 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 19, 2017 8:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

Glad we got the info dump about the system, I wanted to know the details.

Really liking our MC and I like Horkita as well, A guy who seems to want to be average (or whatever his game seems to be) and a girl who excels but looks down on everyone, they're a very interesting duo and also have a really unique kinda dynamic going on for him.

Damn, I did not expect our MC to be a badass. That short fight was pretty intense. :O
Suzune's brother does seem like an ass.

I was kinda surprised to see Kushida was voiced by Shikaco, this is the first time I'm hearing her voice on a character outside of Hanayo from Love Live. I think I liked Kushida more than I expected since she voiced her. XD

You pretty much said it all my friend.....The pool scene was real nice too huehuehuehue
Jul 19, 2017 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
With attitudes like that, we clearly know why Suzune is in the D class...
At least her brother gave her a nice advice.
So they somehow managed to pass? O.o Hope they explain it.
Apparently, Ayanokouji did a bad score on purpose...pretty interesting about why he did that.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 19, 2017 8:29 PM
Sep 2011
... i really dont care for the characters especially that girl who wants to be friends with everyone... shes just annoying. The story is eh... only thing im hoping for is more fight scenes.
Jul 19, 2017 8:41 PM

Oct 2015
How is this anime a romance and comedy?? Someone need to fix the genre. But I like this anime so far. Kiyotaka can fight, did not expect that at all. This anime is obviously a combination of Baka to Test & Oregairu, except more serious
Jul 19, 2017 8:50 PM
Dec 2015
Is the MC Yuuji Sakamoto or Miyanaga Saki? Maybe the MC wanted to avoid someone from the A class or teach his family a lesson.
Jul 19, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2014
Maruko-san said:
How is this anime a romance and comedy?? Someone need to fix the genre. But I like this anime so far. Kiyotaka can fight, did not expect that at all. This anime is obviously a combination of Baka to Test & Oregairu, except more serious

I've seen MAL genre being wrong in many occasions, don't believe them unless it is a well-known manga/LN etc, especially if the anime is original and we never know what genre it is going to be.

I agree that it does not seem like a comedy, Drama should probably be the primary genre. Still, I think Comedy and Romance can be sub-genres (despite not being there that much), considering the LN.
Jul 19, 2017 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
lol wtf was that random fight scene. will continue watching because I want to know what happens next but I can't rate it any higher than 4 for now. I feel like I'm watching a low quality oregairu/baka to test knockoff
Jul 19, 2017 9:32 PM

May 2014
That pool scene was somewhat... anticlimactic, and even I couldn't enjoy it because I really can't stand that shitty Yuigahama 2.0 almost I can't stand original Yuigahama.

Well, this chapter was more passable, it seems that the serie will take the course of fellowship that I said before, exploring other characters personalities. I like the MC, he's still something dull, but little by little they show more of him and his way of thinking. He's until now the most interesting character, and just for that I fear they do with him the same Oregairu did with Hachiman: become him a kind of perfect god that can resolve all the people problems making see the other characters as a nonsense that depend on everything of him. The last part with him saving the day tell me they will do that...

YukinoSHITa 2.0 was annoying all the chap with that elitist attitude, but for some reason I could tolerate her, and in the end we saw the obvious traumatic past that explain why she is like that, now I hope, thanks to Ayanokouji's intervention, she changes a little her way of treat people.

The serie still takes itself too seriously and that's its major problem. Having that atmosphere of seriousness ALL the time, even in "less serious scenes" is unnecessary, don't match with the serie in general and it's very annoying to see (the scene of council president spying D class, for example), but I hope they can fix that and do a good balance.
Rhapsody-Jul 19, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 19, 2017 9:41 PM

Feb 2015
Rhapsody- said:
He's until now the most interesting character, and just for that I fear they do with him the same Oregairu did with Hachiman: become him a kind of perfect god that can resolve all the people problems making see the other characters as a nonsense that depend on everything of him. The last part with him saving the day tell me they will do that...

Literally one of the main points of the second season was that he wasn't perfect and wasn't resolving anything- well, whatever. If that's what you thought Hachiman was then I sincerely doubt you'll like this guy much more.
Jul 19, 2017 10:22 PM
Aug 2012
im really curious with the MC, what else he capable of

glad im not the only one that kinda annoyed by kushida LOL
Jul 19, 2017 10:39 PM

Oct 2016
episode 2, still don't know why there is comedy tag on it.

10/10 MC for this seasons, looking for more about the MC
xd
Jul 19, 2017 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
4/5

Way better than the first episode. The fanservice was nice but I hope there isn't an absurd amount later...though there might be since nearly all the girls have a fairly large bust. We also got to see how the system works and a little more personality from Horikita when she was around her brother.

I like the duo of Ayanokouji and Horikita...mostly cause it reminds me of 8man and Yukino. But I'm sure (and hope) it's going to be differen which seems to be the case with how mysterious Ayanokouji is and how vulnerable Horikita is around her brother.

I really hope we find out more about Ayanokouji, he was awesome during that brief fight scene. I guess I'm on board with this show because of wanting to know more about Ayanokouji. I'm sure he has an ulterior motive in getting into the school judging by his entrance scores being all 50's.

Maybe I'm overthinking it though, considering he ranked fairly low on the latest tests. Regardless, I really want to know about him.

Jul 19, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2017
Wow koji kun can fighter, i think this anime same with yahari orega
Jul 19, 2017 11:04 PM
Mar 2017
Haha i wont see ayano to be best hero in anime
Jul 19, 2017 11:07 PM

Jul 2017
The story so far seems to be focused on the three characters' relationship. I understand the comparison with Yahari, as the characters and story are similar in a way, but there seems to be a more important focus on the mystery of the S-System and the whole dystopian school. While Yahari focuses on a normal school environment and the character's relationship, Youkoso seems to have themes of overcoming the system which aren't present in Yahari (as much as 8man tries to pretend otherwise).

It however did seem like there were a lot of plot holes; hopefully they get addressed in the next episodes. The most likely explanation for the MC's grades is that he somehow cheated; and similarly, Class A apparently cheated the system too to get the points they got.
Jul 19, 2017 11:32 PM
Jan 2015
Okay, planning to read the LN after this.
My Queens

Jul 19, 2017 11:53 PM

Aug 2012
This is getting interesting but seriously Suzune's brother is so violent luckily MC knows how to fight. Still I hate the fanservice this show doesn't need it and Kushida! (I hope she got 180 degree turn)
Jul 20, 2017 12:00 AM

Nov 2011
So Tatsuya and Hachiman got a child.

Jul 20, 2017 12:43 AM

Mar 2014
all those girls at the pool have boulders on their chest or what lol
horikita is being kind of annoying, I don't think I really like her even though it's obvious that she is trying to be emotionally closed off
her brother was an asshole for treating her like that.
Kushida is still a bit meh, so far she seems like the sociable, cheerful girl who gets along with everyone
Good episode, though I find the whole elitist mentality in this anime a bit too ridiculous to take seriously.
Jul 20, 2017 1:38 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome episode I really like Kiyotaka and Suzune this episode their awesome. I am liking Kiyotaka personality a lot and Suzune as well.

Kiyotaka fight against Suzune brother. I was impressive how good Kiyotaka is at fighting.

Look like everyone pass their exams and test impressive. This story keep getting Interesting.

I am really not liking kushida at all. I find her annoying and Nuisance.

Jul 20, 2017 4:08 AM

Mar 2013
MC is badass :O
The short fight with the Suzune's brother was intense.
And he happened to get 50s in all subjects? He's mysterious.

The ending was biggest wtf tho
Jul 20, 2017 4:19 AM
Dec 2015
ButadonMeitante said:

However, the fact about his test scores may in fact be
but honestly, no one knows.

This definitely keeps me watching. And am I right in saying that
Jesus...

EDIT: Also, it seems that the two class A students are exploiting the S-System...

usually iam fooling around with my score on test but if theres saying "u failed and u will get expelled" at least ill get passing grade not to mention we do not know yet the passing grade here

oh about her brother, he's really want to hit her. a tip from me: if u wanna hit somebody on stomach. hit like her brother do, so it inflict damage but will not leave much mark
Jul 20, 2017 4:24 AM
Dec 2015
dzn018 said:

I know how it happened because I read the first volume of the LN, but I'd be surprised if they gave more than a brief explanation here. I'm just wondering how much of the skipped content they'll cover in the next episode. If they're just rearranging scenes that's fine with me, if they're completely glancing over them I'll be somewhat bothered. Guess there's nothing to do but wait in that respect. But oh well, soon enough they'll start covering stuff I didn't read so the pacing stuff will probably become less noticeable.

i read it too but correct me if make a mistake. wasnt that hot teacher tell them that their score might be minus instead zero. so even if u try to gain score the possibility to climb to plus is kinda hard
i believe this very reason drive them crazy and didnt care anymore about the school (especially the 3 idiot)
Jul 20, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2010
Mentar said:
Whoa whoa, for real? They jumped to the hi-scoring test without explaining what led up to it? Or are they going to reverse-tell the story next episode?

*blinks*

Now I'm curious how they're going to resolve this...

I hope so too. Reverse-tell would be awesome.
Jul 20, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Intentionally getting 50 in every subject? Who do you think you are, Miyanaga Saki?

Haha rinshan user
Jul 20, 2017 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
"Baka to Test to Oregairu"

I'm not sure how to feel about this show as of now. It's interesting and intriguing but also comes off as preachy and pretentious at times.

But hey, they got some nice boo- I MEAN plot development here so I guess I can stay for a while.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jul 20, 2017 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
Ay this is the kind of MC i've been waiting for. This is way more enjoyable than the typical shy, scared, idiot male lead cliche thats been circulating these past couple of seasons in my opinion (If you want to argue that statement, I will gladly write you a quick list of at least 8. Cant wait to see ep 3 though ;)
Jul 20, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
The MC is pretty good at hiding his power level. That end scene totally caught me off guard.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.