Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 3:37 PM
Sep 2016
I'm surprised that so many people liked the 1st episode. The animation was awsome but the story so far seems so similar, orichimaru power vibes much with denka? And Boruto is now probably my most disliked main character ever, the way he is, talks. Don't know why, maybe because I've grown so fond of Naruto I can't stand when someone is so disrespectful towards him after all these 15 years, guess I'm too attached to Naruto to grow to like this. But imo this 1st episode was boring and it felt like watching Naruto from the beginning with so much worse story and an annoying brat for main character. 1/5
Apr 5, 2017 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Such a great first episode. Loved how futuristic Konoha has became. Also really enjoyed seeing the old characters from the original series, but more importantly, It was even more enjoyable seeing the new ones. Going to be a great journey!
Apr 5, 2017 4:22 PM
Sep 2012
Who is the blue / purple haired girl in the opening. This girl with long hair and glasses. Could it be Mitsuki, knowing his parent it would do something like that.
Apr 5, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2016
I don't know why but I think that I have some hate towards this series haha. I think they tried a bit too hard to prove that this isn't about Naruto, which has been repeated more than a couple of times in the movie and manga.

Apr 5, 2017 4:29 PM
Dec 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
Lady0905 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not dead, probably can't fight right now because something-something, and it's just that tattooed dude (and maybe Boruto and/or everyone else) thinks he is :v Unless it was stated otherwise somewhere, but I seriously doubt it.

I tried finding prove of that, but without any luck. It kinda ends/starts with that scene where Naruto is harmed and where Kawaki says "I'll let you meet the 7th" (or something). So i guess we just have to wait and see... :-/
Apr 5, 2017 4:31 PM
Dec 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
Lady0905 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? He defeated Kaguya for crying out loud and now some dude just finishes him off? Seriously? Naruto gets killed??!

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not dead, probably can't fight right now because something-something, and it's just that tattooed dude (and maybe Boruto and/or everyone else) thinks he is :v Unless it was stated otherwise somewhere, but I seriously doubt it.

I tried quoting you in the previous msg as well, not sure if it worked...
Btw, who the h*** is Kawaki? o.O
Apr 5, 2017 5:03 PM

Nov 2016
I hate to admit, but this is starting really good. I once tought to myself, "I won't destroy my true happy ending (Naruto became a Hokage, and married to Hinata) by watching this stupid Next Generations shit". But, I'm curious to see how's Konoha and its people doing after the previous great war, so I ended up watching this, and can't wait for more.

The beginning scene makes me excited and... sad at the same time, when the guy Boruto's fighting against said something like, he'll send Boruto to where he sent The Seventh Hokage, like, he implied that Naruto is dead. That's, just... sad :'(

The opening is mad! Probably my favourite one so far in this season. The story seems promising so far, hope they won't recycle stories from the series Naruto. That would... suck, lol.
Apr 5, 2017 5:42 PM

Jan 2015
Started really good for me!!
It's good and weird to see all the characters grown up, like Konohamaru, I was shocked haha
I'm pretty hyped for this! Let's go!
Apr 5, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2015
Wow that PV of the future at the start tho.Nice entrance to the first day of Ninja school lol. Denki seems like hes gonna be a cool char.
Apr 5, 2017 6:52 PM
Nov 2013
Raizel said:
I guess this was not bad, but still the animation was not good tbh.
you may be blind, it was movie quality
Apr 5, 2017 7:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
heeey, thats pretty gud.

Stopped watching shipudden a little bit after the Fourth war started but i couldnt help and got curious about Boruto and ..
i liked it. i might keep watch it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 5, 2017 7:28 PM
Mar 2017
I thought the episode was really good. The opening was cool and the foreshadowing was interesting. The one thing that bugs me is Boruto’s eye. I can't tell if it's a byakugan or a tenseigan.
Apr 5, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
i feel like everything naruto related should've ended with the manga, the anime drawing out 3 more years of filler and shitty animation, the boruto movie was good i liked it since it was short, but now they're making a freaking sequel. like let it end jesus..

anime itself is somewhat interesting, naruto getting killed is a bit unbelievable though... ( i mean come on...) is this anime canon or just fanservice..
Not all those wander are lost.
Apr 5, 2017 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I liked it...kinda pumped for the rest.
Apr 5, 2017 8:16 PM
Apr 2017
The Kawaki vs Boruto scene was exciting and their tattoos are cool. I wonder what is it for. But the rest of the episode is good. 5/5
Apr 5, 2017 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
Surprised how much I enjoyed that.
Apr 5, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2015
crystalblade13 said:
Raizel said:
Someone can't tell the difference between Artstyle and Animation lol, Boruto has amazing animation(of course coming from the same director as Beach and Yu Yu Hakusho) Read this bro so you can tell the actual difference instead of making stupid criticism's http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/6549575/the-difference-between-art-and-animation
Sup...
Apr 5, 2017 9:17 PM

Sep 2013
That Kawaki tease in the beginning was good enough for me to have interest in this series. I was debating for a while to watch this since I didn't like the Boruto movie much and the person I liked was Sarada.

One episode down and thus far this was actually pretty fun and interesting. That train scene was cool and I was happy to see the bullies had a change of heart in the end.

4/5- Good start. I didn't read any of the Boruto manga so I'm going into this blind. The only one I read is the Naruto Gaiden with Sarada and I enjoyed that a lot. Kinda bummed that Sarada was barely in this but I'm sure she'll be featured a lot more later since this was an introduction of Boruto.

Super weird to see the village looking more modern. I'm not sure if I like that at all.

Apr 5, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2014
/to be the first episode i was quite impressed, i liked a lot the design of the new "modern", village and obviously i want to see more of how the others (sarada) develop!. good job and looking forward to see more!.
Apr 5, 2017 9:48 PM
Dec 2016
Boruto vs kawaki, that's the best scene so far 😅 and boruto's byakugan.
Apr 5, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
Off to a great start, the animation is so fluid. I really like the new drama aspect this show brings. Will be interesting to see how they go from here.
Apr 5, 2017 10:04 PM
Sep 2016
I would like to know how the village turned so modernised & episode was good.
Apr 5, 2017 11:34 PM
Jan 2017
Wow! What a great start. I really impress a new atmosphere for Boruto to introduce himself as well as others.
Apr 6, 2017 12:16 AM
Apr 2016
I know guys already, like masashi said " i'll make it better than Naruto " looks like people getting dropped about this anime lol
Apr 6, 2017 5:56 AM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed this. I feel like I'm twelve again :D
Couldn't really keep up with shippuden, but I really liked the first Naruto anime. I'm hoping to relive similar memories with this one.
Apr 6, 2017 6:36 AM

Aug 2014
this series is going places. right off the bat, we start with the ninja equivalent of a school shooter.
Apr 6, 2017 7:04 AM

May 2016
crystalblade13 said:
Raizel said:
wtf are you serious I think naruto's first episode was much better than this episode, and next time watch your mouth I don't want to start an argument.
Apr 6, 2017 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
it's a pleasant surprise, enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Neo-Konoha looks sick with the trains and stuff
Apr 6, 2017 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
srafayms said:
Yes the exact thing came in my mind. This dude Naruto beats up Madara and Kaguya, Progenitor of Chakra and then dies at the hands of some newbie shinobi like wtf?
my wtf wtf train goes wtf

The very first villain in the Boruto Manga was almost on Kaguya's level. And I doubt that future villains will be any weaker.

Also, if newbies could not beat super-strong adults, Naruto would have been dead long ago. Around 20 years passed since Kaguya's defeat, enough time for anyone to grow into a god-level threat.
Not that anyone needs to be stronger. Naruto would die for his children, and a smart villain can make that come true.
Apr 6, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
im glad there not starting from the movie as i dont want have to see it again after having to wait a year for new stuff just for the manga alone
Apr 6, 2017 10:30 AM
Nov 2013
Raizel said:
crystalblade13 said:
wtf are you serious I think naruto's first episode was much better than this episode, and next time watch your mouth I don't want to start an argument.

You are factually incorrect and I have no obligation to shut my mouth. This is a forum, I can say whatever I think about the episode or any of the comments here. Animation is number of drawings/ frames used to portray the movement of characters. Every movement this episode was fluid and smooth, it was objectively fantastic antimation and your either letting your nostalgia blind you, or you have no idea what your talking about in regards to animation.
Apr 6, 2017 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
huh it was more fun than I thought
4/5
Apr 6, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2013
that was actually good
Apr 6, 2017 10:59 AM
Mar 2017
haha it's actually called Boruto? I thought that was just some meme name somebody came up with to make fun of it
Apr 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Z4k said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

are you picking a fight with me?

No, he's just correcting you.

you have strange definitions for canon and filler. Do you remember the Itachi novel arc and Kakashi's face episode? These were fillers although they were official works. Loose ends are fillers and action that serves the progress of the plot is canon. I find it sad to start the season with something from outside the manga that is a little questionable.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 2017 12:56 PM
Oct 2016
I don't like the new openning ..
Apr 6, 2017 1:42 PM
Oct 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:

you have strange definitions for canon and filler. Do you remember the Itachi novel arc and Kakashi's face episode? These were fillers although they were official works. Loose ends are fillers and action that serves the progress of the plot is canon. I find it sad to start the season with something from outside the manga that is a little questionable.

Filler content can still be canon to the continuity of the story, as in "fullfilling the authors vision of the story he wants to tell". The definition of the word "filler" has become pretty versatile and among "canon" is a poor choice for proper specification, when used without context. To specifiy this within this discussion.

Filler content in regards to the Manga and the Boruto Anime specifically refers to continuity approved material that doesn´t progress the plot of the story and exist as padding. It´s there to fill runtime in the Anime or panels in the manga to give the author time to think, the animators time to draw or serves as creative wish fullfillment for the people in charage. For example, it can fullfill the urge of the mangaka/Animator/director to draw/direct a specific scene, which can have various reasons. Alternatively it can also aid the pacing of the medium and give the audience breathing room between hectic scenes or episodes.

The second, more prevalent definition of filler, in regards to the Anime scene, refers to the out of continuity storylines that are put within mostly long running Anime TV shows. I have yet to encounter this type of content in other media. Anime only relies on this type of production methods, because of it´s insistance on nearly 1:1 adaptations of the source material. No other media known to me follows this phylosophy and therefore has no requrirement for it.

However, Boruto specifically as a franchise is in a precarious situation.
It´s thoroughly written by the same author, in Manga and in Anime form, that supposedly is overlooked by the original creator of the Naruto franchise of which Boruto currently is only a minor entry off. Regardless if Movie , Anime series, Manga or Novel, it´s material that was not only approved by the original creator but also acknowledged as part of his continuity of lore. It´s an addition that doesn´t clash with his creative vision of the story he created.

Nonetheless Kishimoto as the original creator has the power to denounce any of the content other writers have created about the franchise he invented, if he choose so in the future. Like Toriyama did with Dragon Ball GT, George Lucas with the Star Wars Novels, or the Warcraft franchise that keeps rebooting and retconing tself since half a decade now.
But considering the circumstances the additions to his work are being written in, this is highly unlikely.

TL DR: All the post Naruto Manga Novels are technically canon, so is Boruto in Manga, Anime series and Movie form, Naruto "The Last" and yet all of them include filler content. Have a pleasant day!
IsterioApr 7, 2017 8:53 AM
Apr 6, 2017 1:58 PM
Apr 2017
The only thing im gonna say is, if Boruto becomes stronger than Naruto im gonna kill myself
Apr 6, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2011
Couldn't resist to watch. LOL.

After all Naruto has been with me for soooooo long.. i grew up with it and i thought this was too childish for me to watch but, it was cute? i mean i couldnt stop smiling lol the nostalgia hit me for real. I won't try to take this series "serious" though since im no longer in the "audience" for it? The only anime i will just watch rn for the fun. Eheh.

Glad they are trying to make Boruto different from his dad, somehow v:

PS. i haven't watch the movie.. i stopped with naruto when the manga ended in 2014.
I have no idea whats up with his eye or wtvr, smell something related to hinata but idk.

PLUS that begining was such a turn off -> means the anime won't be long + oh lets start this sequel with the annoucement of the prequel's main MC death, you don't do that, you don't kill the hero we have following for years on the 1st episode. Even if it happens, you cant start a series like that.
qpqApr 6, 2017 2:29 PM
Apr 6, 2017 2:26 PM

May 2014
Well that was quite a fun episode and I daresay even better than the manga counterpart. I wonder how long they'll have a go with this.

kaitonic said:
Kira_96 said:
is the anime is based on the manga, or it's original?

Well the producer said that this one will be original and have nothing to do with the current manga one.

Aha, I was wondering why it didn't resemble the source material in the least. But why is the source listed as 'manga' than?
Apr 6, 2017 2:59 PM
Oct 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:
So they decided to take a detour first but this detour has a hole. I don't think Boruto is supposed to have this eyes before facing the Ootsutsukis. And one more thing, they start the academy around seven. Boruto definitely looks older than seven.

Boruto carries his father's legacy, literally. The series starts with a filler. They have ruined the series before it has even begun. The only canon part was the opening scene.

This is completely wrong. We , the audience have not been told yet where the eye powers of Boruto came from. It was never implcitly or explicitly stated. In the Manga it was implied that Boruto received some unspecified changes after defeating Momoshiki (watch the Movie if people are offended by spoilers). Wether positive or negative remains to be seen. His eye powers actually had different theories floating around their origin. Mainly being an implant from a family/clan member. As for the canon part

SkullProX said:

And how the hell do you know whats canon and whats not? It doesn't follow the manga, it follows Kishimotos scripts, so there wont be fillers probably... just because its not the same as the manga it doesnt mean its a filler...

Also wrong Kishimoto writes none of that and as of yet we do not know if he overlooks the Anime and Manga scripts, we are only certain about the Manga. Regardless Kodachi, Ukyou writes both.

Niveen_Sleem said:

It clearly says source: manga. This means it have to follow the manga and anything else is filler. One more thing, Kishimoto is only the editor of the Boruto manga.

Yes it is filler material but it´s canon to the continuity. No it doesn´t matter that it´s not in the Manga. This is why

Niveen_Sleem said:

People people I just don't want them to mess it up. Adapting an original arc in the first episode is an ominous sign. I feel uneasy.

You keep missing the most important point. It´s written by the same guy that also writes the Manga. If he fucks up the Anime, he´d fuck up the Manga too. He could take a few creative liberties by putting the story in a different universe, but through the placement of the plot within the timeline that´s not necessary.
IsterioApr 7, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2010
Surprised at how fresh this episode was. Can't wait for more.
Apr 6, 2017 3:43 PM

Dec 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Never gave Naruto anything more than a cursory glance when THAT manga first started. Followed a bit of the story because some of my friends were big fans, and then somehow managed to skip all the way to watch the last movie where Naruto ended up with a pair of kids at the end of it.

Can anyone confirm something to me? Can I assume that beginning sequence to mean Naruto's been killed off and their entire city's been destroyed?

That's what is being implied.
Apr 6, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned

Insulting is bannable if I see the same people doing it again, I won't hesitate to ban you on the spot.
Apr 6, 2017 5:11 PM

Feb 2016
i havent seen the boruto movie. can i start watching the anime without missing something?
Apr 6, 2017 5:16 PM

Feb 2016
Unconcerned said:
qwertzzuiop said:
i havent seen the boruto movie. can i start watching the anime without missing something?
Yes you can, it starts before the events of the movie.

okay thank you very much.
Apr 6, 2017 5:45 PM
Oct 2012
Niveen_Sleem said:
I find it sad to start the season with something from outside the manga that is a little questionable.

Actually I think it was very wise. Boruto was better than he was in the manga, less whiny about his father, and it showed his sense of justice better. It made him more compelling.

Remember that anime is supposed to attract new fans, so the writer was smart to start it with Boruto being a good guy.
Apr 6, 2017 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
People already rating it 1 after a single episode in reviews is why I hate early reviews on this site. You shouldn't be able to submit a review until the entire first season has aired. .-.

I think it was a pretty decent first episode. Nice animation, cool to see characters I grew up with now grown up as well. I'm looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2017 6:24 PM
Feb 2017
i'm actually delightfully surprised by this start, i didn't intend to watch it in the first time because i was expecting an utter disaster if they had decided to stay faithful to the manga and start with the whinny (i-hate-my-dad) version of boruto but i'm glad my friend managed to convince me to watch it, at least now we start with a more likable boruto instead of that little wannabe edgelord brat that pine all his problems and mistakes on his father we were given in the first "arc" (is a recap of the movie can be considered an arc?)of the manga. also the animation was quite good in this episode, that introduction battle scene and parkour scene were cool.

hope this anime stay at this level and avoid pulling to much "the-random-uninteresting-filler-arc card" when they are out of ideas (that what made me abandon the naruto anime around the start of the great war to just focus on the manga instead) overall good episode 4/5.
Apr 6, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2014
Why do people say Boruto is trash? Sure they may think it wasn't that good, but could the series really be considered trash? I honestly loved the first episode.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.