Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 3, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2015
Neko >.< she doesn't deserved to be treated like this. Oh boy that imposter is finally here.
Mar 3, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2009
They wasted too many episodes for Neko considering she was completely pointless character. Now with only 3 episodes last arc will be rushed as fuck. I doubt they even include resolve of Gasou from latest chapter.
Mar 3, 2017 1:00 AM

Oct 2013
komasan said:
I just knew Aki's backstory with Masamune would be something like that. Now people can stop disliking her based on that she didn't accept him for who he was back then.

Eh? I, and surely others too, dislike her because of how she acts in the present, from the very 1st episode 'till now. Her mocking every guy that confessed to her and shaming them in public for the most common things by making them into big deals, as well as the way she treats Yoshino, is what makes her such a pain. There's hardly any dere in there, just bitchy levels of tsun.
Mar 3, 2017 1:24 AM

Oct 2008
ManlyTear said:

Eh? I, and surely others too, dislike her because of how she acts in the present, from the very 1st episode 'till now. Her mocking every guy that confessed to her and shaming them in public for the most common things by making them into big deals, as well as the way she treats Yoshino, is what makes her such a pain. There's hardly any dere in there, just bitchy levels of tsun.

That's valid if you feel that way, i'm specifically referring to people who brought up what I mentioned as a reason to dislike her.

edit:
Kaetokiha said:
Neko was a troublesome girl, the type you don't want to deal with.

She lied to Masamune, caused trouble for him, stole a picture from his home and after being rejected she ran way without taking her medicine just so he could find her.

Yes she is sick, but that's not a good reason for her to come and do all this mess. No one wants a girl that can cause so much trouble. What is she gonna do if they were together and they had a big fight? Would she run away again? Fuck her, i hope she doesn't appear anymore.

This comment verbalizes my feelings so well I had to quote it. 👌
komasanMar 3, 2017 1:27 AM
Mar 3, 2017 1:52 AM
Dec 2016
Aaaand cue the fucking feels. Neko is probably gonna die. With unrequited feelings. Mero from MonMusu would probably love this fucking story. I honestly hope that dude from Aki's garden is just her hallucinating for sitting too much on her high horse and not a fucking impostor as people who actually read the manga seem to be saying.
Welp still rooting for the class rep. Best grill is ded literally. This series is dead to me.
I hope it ends with japan somehow getting nuked a third time and everybody dyeing.
Mar 3, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2008
One thing never changes whatever the series, the better girl never win.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 3, 2017 2:59 AM

Aug 2016
When Neko first appeard I was really bothered by the Sudden and cliche appearence of another love interest but after knowing the truth I really like her, she made some wrong decisions but she just wanted to love, she was a sick sweet little girl </3
ShiemihazaMar 10, 2017 9:36 AM
Mar 3, 2017 3:12 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad Neko is going away...
So, like I said in the past, Aki was really in love with Masamune as a child, and she suffered coz she felt abandoned by him...now we have a fake Masamune...
Mar 3, 2017 3:31 AM
Dec 2016
Antanaru said:
One thing never changes whatever the series, the better girl never win.

Eh, in my case its most. Kokoro Connect was the only one where the girl I backed actually won. Won't say who cuz I don't wanna spoil. But it's true though. Most series have to be contrarian to get a good plot twist or just cater to the lowest denominator, meaning they're easy to predict and have an anticlimactic ending..
Mar 3, 2017 3:39 AM

Aug 2016
This cant be true I hope this is a dream, why is he fat now D:

Set by SenpieX
Mar 3, 2017 3:44 AM
Sep 2012
The only way to save this series now is to go full gay.
Mar 3, 2017 4:46 AM

Mar 2014
So Adagaki has a thing for fat and chubby...you think that has something to do with her eating eating disorder? Like maybe she too wants to be fat and chubby but no matter how much she eats she still stays thin or something?
Mar 3, 2017 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
So this is the role that will play? I was really curious to understand it and I was also surprised, a little, what was hiding rather someone else. He was however clear the misunderstanding of others. Ultimately, I am satisfied of the episode.
Mar 3, 2017 4:56 AM

Jan 2016
Orcane said:
Unless we get a season 2 confirmation by episode 12 some people will be sore thanks to the new guy... Gladly it was resolved with the latest manga chapter at least.

They're gonna skip arcs mate.
Mar 3, 2017 5:43 AM

May 2012
gust11 said:
Oh boy oh boy. It's your boy Gasou! Ready for some NTR drama!?
the dreaded arc begins
Also

What do you think? Assuming you've read what's out for the manga with your comment

Mar 3, 2017 6:31 AM
Dec 2014
zero-r said:
This is the point in the manga where the story turns from average-entertaining to average-annoying for me... With only 3 episodes left I can't see this ending well. Frankly, I'd have preferred if they had gone anime original instead.

I always thought this upcoming new arc was a poorly executed in the manga, so I'm not expecting this to change here either. It is what it is.

This part is only poorly executed if you didn't read until the end. The pay off in the latest chapter is so great and everything in this story makes sense.
Mar 3, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2008
This must be the part from where everything starts going downhill. At least some titbits of Neko's past were revealed, to offset the things to come. So she did share a connection with Makabe.
Mar 3, 2017 8:57 AM

Oct 2012
Olem said:
gust11 said:
Oh boy oh boy. It's your boy Gasou! Ready for some NTR drama!?
the dreaded arc begins
Also

What do you think? Assuming you've read what's out for the manga with your comment

I'm just going to be so bitter with the series ending halfway through Gasou's arc. I would have preferred that they skim over Gasou's parts and just get us to Muriel and some conclusive ending, but eh.

Huex3 said:
zero-r said:
This is the point in the manga where the story turns from average-entertaining to average-annoying for me... With only 3 episodes left I can't see this ending well. Frankly, I'd have preferred if they had gone anime original instead.

I always thought this upcoming new arc was a poorly executed in the manga, so I'm not expecting this to change here either. It is what it is.

This part is only poorly executed if you didn't read until the end. The pay off in the latest chapter is so great and everything in this story makes sense.
I'd still argue that the payoff, at least in the latest chapter (39 as of writing) was still a bit overshadowed by the dragging along with Gasou. I still can't wait to read the next chapter but the arc as a whole still was fairly disappointing to me, though I do agree that the conclusion in the latest chapter is very well done with what they could do, it satisfied me, but I won't know how much it did until I read next chapter to see the aftermath.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2015
When it is coming close to a conclusion, the author pulls another character out of nowhere.

Now we have an impostor who somehow knows Aki's feelings about her childhood friend. I'm not sure if I'm wrong, but Aki (or the maid) told she didn't have friends other than Makabe. The whole premise of someone getting advantage of the situation is weird. NTR is not my cup of tea also.

Now I understand why people say it is a disappointment when you start reading the later chapters.

I'm still waiting for the revenge setting to happen, when both are lovers.
Mar 3, 2017 9:44 AM
Jun 2012
Who the hell was that at the ending? Oh come on they both are getting more and more annyoning. Seriously hope he cant finish his plan and she will end up alone and hated. Why the hell am I still watching this anime. Lately it really pisses me off.
Mar 3, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
That shit guy (and gay) is appear now. Then... I can't say anything... ;(
I think it will same with the manga.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Mar 3, 2017 10:55 AM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
I'd still argue that the payoff, at least in the latest chapter (39 as of writing) was still a bit overshadowed by the dragging along with Gasou. I still can't wait to read the next chapter but the arc as a whole still was fairly disappointing to me, though I do agree that the conclusion in the latest chapter is very well done with what they could do, it satisfied me, but I won't know how much it did until I read next chapter to see the aftermath.

I'd argue against that.

To those who have not read the manga be spoiled at your own risk.

Huex3Mar 3, 2017 10:59 AM
Mar 3, 2017 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
tolga1991 said:
Who the hell was that at the ending? Oh come on they both are getting more and more annyoning. Seriously hope he cant finish his plan and she will end up alone and hated. Why the hell am I still watching this anime. Lately it really pisses me off.

I cannot agree more, this is getting really tiresome... do.ob
Mar 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
gust11 said:

I'd argue against that.

That's a fair point, I see where you're coming from. Tbh I think my lack of enjoyment is purely because I really don't tolerate dramatic irony well at all. So I'm sure many will share your opinion. I did like how it concluded but I guess I just didn't like knowing everything and not being able to tell them you know?
Also,
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 12:19 PM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

I'd argue against that.

That's a fair point, I see where you're coming from. Tbh I think my lack of enjoyment is purely because I really don't tolerate dramatic irony well at all. So I'm sure many will share your opinion. I did like how it concluded but I guess I just didn't like knowing everything and not being able to tell them you know?
Also,

I completely forgot about them lol. They annoy me, their corrupted and possessiveness made me bury them in my memories.

Mar 3, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
I completely forgot about them lol. They annoy me, their corrupted and possessiveness made me bury them in my memories.

Yeah lol they were akin to how negatively portrait idol fans are. An example, if you watched Fuuka would be all her fans hating on her for doing what she wanted, putting her on a pedestal and marking her as some sacred being to worship and protect, when she didn't even ask them to.

Some day... some day... never... *cries*
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 1:40 PM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

Yeah lol they were akin to how negatively portrait idol fans are. An example, if you watched Fuuka would be all her fans hating on her for doing what she wanted, putting her on a pedestal and marking her as some sacred being to worship and protect, when she didn't even ask them to.

Some day... some day... never... *cries*

I have not watched Fuuka and I am not planning to, maybe later. I'm hesitating on that series cause I had a bad time with Kimi No Iru Machi manga (Same author who drew Fuuka). That damn story keeps finding reasons to keep them apart what the hell... and everyone keep falling for the MC.

Mar 3, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:

I have not watched Fuuka and I am not planning to, maybe later. I'm hesitating on that series cause I had a bad time with Kimi No Iru Machi manga (Same author who drew Fuuka). That damn story keeps finding reasons to keep them apart what the hell... and everyone keep falling for the MC.

That's understandable, I still have Kimi no Iru Machi on hold at around a few eps in I think. You're not missing anything major, that just happens to be a fresh example of what I tried to describe.

- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 1:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After hurting Neko like that of course her feelings will be hurt. Masamune should have been more careful with this. To think that he believed that she was faking her illness. Still its nice to see Aki take the lead in helping to find Neko though. Lol Aki's way of blaming Masamune though but she is right in that this was his fault after all.
Even Yoshino is displeased with this turn of events lol. Commando princess lol what a nickname for Neko. Since she doesn't have her phone or wallet she should still be within the town then. Hmm so Aki and Masamune had the same idea in believing that she may be at the school eh. Lol thinking that Aki was a mirage when they met at the school.

Aki's worry of Neko after she was rejected by Masamune though would be surprising to him as he thought that she was above such things being cold and arrogant. Hmm confronting her at this point eh. Though at this point i can understand that he is confused because the Aki now is a bit different to what he had in mind. Thats a lot of paper planes though. Is Neko using what she read in that manga in this situation. Hmm so Neko was on the roof after all just like that scene in the manga. But its a good thing that they found Neko in time though. Any longer and she might have died. Neko really was in love with Masamune then eh. While its true that you were right in choosing Aki and rejecting Neko you could have maybe done it more lightly. Still its nice to see Masamune feel guilty about this turn of events though. Neko did almost die after all. Not everything should be about your plan after all. So after seeing Aki Neko wants to see Masamune next eh. Its nice that in this episode that we get to see some of Nekos backstory. Neko sure was popular in her old school and at the same time she looked after and cared about her kouhai as well. Neko is the exact definition of a older sister really. Still at the same time it must be hard to see people treat you differently because of your illness. So Neko did all of that to get the chance to feel love eh. So Neko had randomly picked out Masamune's photo from the list of suitors eh. Lol so it was his mother that set the suitor up eh. Still despite this there was real chemistry between Neko and Masamune and there was a high chance that it could have worked in the end if he wasn't fixated on his plan. Despite that Neko looked like she had fun with all those experiences. The one sided love, The confession and ultimately the rejection. I never thought that Neko's path though was so similar to Masamune's really. Its nice that Neko's words are prompting some rather deep questions for him as well. In the end Neko was a great character that was both mysterious and interesting.

Tae's confession about liking Masamune though and Kojuurou's reaction though lol. Though Yoshino already guessed that i guess since it was so obvious. Looks like Aki is worried about what Neko and Masamune could be talking about right now though. Hmm after that conversation and a such a deep one as well Masamune would no doubt have plenty of questions going through his head. Hmm so Neko and Masamune really did meet when they were little eh. A wedding party eh. So Masamune is afraid that he will end up like Neko did eh. Looks like his plan is already starting to unravel. So in Neko's talk with Aki she made peace with her and asked some truthful questions about why Aki isn't accepting Masamune. Its nice that Neko's confession has made both Aki and Masamune realize the truth though. Watching Aki realize this and take this to heart was cute as was seeing her wonder about whether this is love. So Aki still remembers Masamune's old self and was in love with him then eh. Masamune's mother sure is overacting there lol.
Looks like things are going to enter the final phase then. Hmm the final scene though. That was a shocker.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2017 2:10 PM
Jan 2016
Hylianticipated said:
Wait...so is that an impostor at the end trying to gain her affections? Or is that perhaps the REAL Masamune and our MC is actually a witness to what happened and not actually the same little chubby boy we believe him to be?

well it is a imposter
Mar 3, 2017 2:16 PM
Dec 2014
gust11 said:
Huex3 said:

That's understandable, I still have Kimi no Iru Machi on hold at around a few eps in I think. You're not missing anything major, that just happens to be a fresh example of what I tried to describe.

I read 150+ chapters of Kimi no Iru Machi before giving up and checking the final chapter just to have closure and see if they made it in the end. I didn't finish the anime cause halfway in it I got distracted by its manga. I'm out.

EDIT: Anyway yeah Aki is best grill for Makabe. Neko is best grill material too if only she doesn't lie to her love interest.
Mar 3, 2017 2:27 PM

Oct 2016
Why would Neko do that to herself?
Mar 3, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
Fuck I hate NTR. That's the shitiest genre in my opinion.
I am better than you.
Mar 3, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
I think I'm confused now, but not so sure. Masamune knew Aki AND Neko as kids BUT there are two of them?

Their better be a good explanation. This show started with so much promise.
Mar 3, 2017 5:59 PM

Aug 2010
これは トラプです!!!
Mar 3, 2017 6:45 PM

Feb 2017
It is over. I had hope for the future of anime. I said to me to gain trust again by not dropping a bad anime of a season. Instead I had hope that it may become better in the end. I FUCKING WANTED TO TRUST THIS SEASON.

'I played/owned myself.' That's why it's over. I am quitting watching animes from the coming seasons, dont matter how good they should be. Holy Shit - you guys dont even know my feels. I watched some of the most popular enemies and hyped in the previous years. Each time I was disappointed. But now:

It is over. Fuck this childish, school, no-chractar depth average animes. Watch what ever you guys, but I am going into mangas. Have fun with this trash- childish romance with chracter dumb without depth and so on.....

It is over.
'Just one more thing..." - Detective Columbo
Mar 3, 2017 7:01 PM

Nov 2015
This series is not just drama it's also contains funny moments and some cringe too but I was crying inside too... The music and those beautiful words.
Mar 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2014
*Masamune goes on and on about how he got fit because of how he was made fun of as a kid*
*New chubby character that looks like him shows up and fans start calling them fat, ugly, etc.*

You're the kind of people he hates.
Mar 3, 2017 10:01 PM

Sep 2015
The imposer I already know who they are because of manga. But dam I was expecting Neko to not know him in the past but it went cliche and she did.
Mar 3, 2017 11:27 PM

May 2016
Wtf did just happened QwQ
Mar 4, 2017 12:55 AM
Feb 2017
That feel when you read the manga beforehand. The most hated character in the series has just come out, even though he (no spoilers haha) had some reasonable intentions, screw that guy.
Mar 4, 2017 1:20 AM

Oct 2013
The fake masamune appearing has made me drop this

I cannot see such a story developing into anything statisfying, it seems to be completely ridiculious.

The ending with Neko I'm content with, I liked learning her motives.

But yeah fuck the end of the season if this is the road they embark on lol..
Mar 4, 2017 2:11 AM
Nov 2016
A nice change of pace for the show, a serious episode which concludes the Neko arc and it is quite nice to see that Aki did actually love Makabe when they were young.

I did feel bad for Neko but at least the show will focus on Aki more, the fake Masamune showing up makes it more interesting....
Mar 4, 2017 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
DaBase said:
The fake masamune appearing has made me drop this

I cannot see such a story developing into anything statisfying, it seems to be completely ridiculious.

The ending with Neko I'm content with, I liked learning her motives.

But yeah fuck the end of the season if this is the road they embark on lol..

I'm guessing it will be an anime original ending, and it should be obvious Aki and Makabe end up together either way.
Mar 4, 2017 3:06 AM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
They wasted too many episodes for Neko considering she was completely pointless character. Now with only 3 episodes last arc will be rushed as fuck. I doubt they even include resolve of Gasou from latest chapter.

They will probably skip the France arc and give us an anime original ending. Or maybe ep 11 France arc?
Mar 4, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2016
IMHO Masamune should end up with Neko after exacting his revenge.

I'm a little bit surprised as Yoshino didn't say much in this episode. Well she's the main driving force behind the plot.

Meh everyone knows that Masamune will end up with Aki tho. The ending with the fake Masamune was like WTF!?.

Well somehow the opening alone spoils around 40% of the plot. No offence but the story is ridiculous, Neko just makes it more bearable.

But hey at least the BG was top-class.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 4:49 AM

May 2009
modboy said:
I think I'm confused now, but not so sure. Masamune knew Aki AND Neko as kids BUT there are two of them?

Their better be a good explanation. This show started with so much promise.

He probably met Neko once and doesn't remember her at all.
Mar 4, 2017 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't the fat boy already appeared in the pilot episode, or is it my memory just getting boggled?

Masamune x Neko couldn't be that bad, after all.
Mar 4, 2017 5:54 AM

Sep 2016
why does every anime girl that suffers from a sickness reminds me of Kaori?? I'm so sad that Neko has a sickness and that her only wish was to fall in love with somebody..also I liked that they finally showed the predictable plot twist..that Aki actually liked the chubby Masamune..but I'm wondering now why did she rejected him back then? I bet it has something to do with the pride and her family prestige and all that she was talking about in episode 7 if I remember right..well looking forward to see what will happen next..btw isnt this guy who introduced himself in the end as fake Masamune the same guy who tried to cut Aki's hair in the first episodes or am I wrong?
KawaiiCandyMar 4, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 4, 2017 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
I haven't liked Fujinomiya for the length of this series so far, because, like Masamune, i felt like she lacked genuineness, and was plotting something. But, now that her situation has been revealed, i find myself liking her quite a bit. I hope she sticks around.

And what the hell is the deal with the appearance of that fat masamune at the end?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.