Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 17, 2017 9:59 AM
Dec 2015
Aki used to like the fat masamune? Dafack
Mar 18, 2017 2:31 AM

Dec 2015
"Having someone you like look the other way is a very sad thing" - Adagaki Aki, how much more of a hypocrite can this girl get? She literally trashes everyone that confesses to her.

Neko was cute as a child xD

Aaaand the pig has arrived, I hope I can manage to get through the following episodes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2017 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
I've only seen that guy at the end for less that a minute and I already hate him.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 21, 2017 6:35 AM
Apr 2015
I thought the scene with Fujinomiya was becoming a decent scene and decent end for the arc, and then they ruin it by struggling to justify her actions.

Considering the logic shown thus far and how new story elements have been handled in the series, I'm sure the new character will be just as poorly implemented. But I've come this far, I might as well finish it off.
Mar 25, 2017 7:45 AM

Dec 2016
Damn I totally called it that they had met when they were younger, and both were kind of chubby XD

Also wtf was that ending and why is Aki and Masamune's mom so cute!!!???
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 28, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2013
lol I called it earlier on xD she did like his chubby self back then but couldn't express herself honestly so he took it wrong lmao

Who's this new fake fatass that appeared? XDDD
Mar 28, 2017 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Wait wait wait-- so Aki immediately assumes that that fat fuck is the Masamune of her past, but that the real Masamune, who even mentioned the nickname of "Pig's Foot" to her, isn't? What the shit?

Other than that utterly asinine ending, this episode was beautiful. I didn't like Neko, until the scene at the hospital in this episode. Everything about her character was tied up wonderfully, and she gave Masamune extremely meaningful and important insight about how he shouldn't fake his feelings for Aki like she did for him. However, if Neko knew that Masamune was faking it, then why did she tell Aki that his feelings were genuine for her? Maybe Neko also wants Aki's heart to be broken so that Aki can change into a better, compassionate person, sort of like Yoshino wants?

Gazz said:
I hope this become a NTR

I hope that this becomes a NTR that turns into Masamune (the real Masamune, not that fat fucker) winning over Aki's heart. That would be some good drama.
Y'know, that's something that anime romances hardly ever have: a rival for the main character. Sure, some anime have love triangles where the girls have to compete for the main character's heart, but I can't think of a single anime where the main character has to compete with another guy for the girl's heart. I'm curious to see where this goes, but I still think that Aki is far too gullible at the end here.
removed-userMar 28, 2017 10:22 PM
Apr 4, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
Well here comes the waterworks.... This was depressing as hell...
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 9, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
poor neko, masamune should date Neko to make Aki jealous.

now there's two masamune, and aki prefer the fat masamune over the gym masamune lol
Apr 12, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was just epic and what an ending! I really do wonder who's faking their identity! Pretty impressive episode, let's see what's next.
Apr 17, 2017 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
Damn Aki was soo cute while rolling around blushing. Anyway the CUCK is starting ='(
May 12, 2017 8:48 PM

Jun 2016
Who's this fake Masamune ? ?
May 31, 2017 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
Well, that was ironic that Aki liked chubby masamune haha

I don't know if it's due to lack of sleep but I'm a little confused on Masamune's new transformation?
Jun 2, 2017 12:48 AM

Mar 2015
So we finally meet that one guy from the OP. Who is this poser lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 31, 2017 8:59 PM
Jan 2017
Great episode and I'm loving the series up till now. But that ending. What the fuck? The ending feels like a parody of a soap opera from a 90's sitcom. I really hope it doesn't go down hill from here.
Dec 16, 2017 1:19 PM
Sep 2015
TerkoizZ said:
Aki used to like the fat masamune? Dafack

She rejected him but apparently she loved him. This anime is absolute SHIT.

Neko was best girl, but tbh she deserves better than Masamune. Masamune is an asshole that wants to take revenge on a girl because she rejected him years ago and he can't let go of being a p*ssy. This anime is getting boring.

Also I see spoilers that this is turning into a NTR. Please nooooo
Mar 9, 2018 1:54 AM

Oct 2008
watched from [DDY] subs
What the hell!? who is that fatso doppelganger!?!?
4/5.

Mar 10, 2018 10:21 AM

Jul 2009
Neko's arc was really well done I thought. All along she just wanted to experience love before going away to deal with her health problems, and so she chose Makabe because of that one meeting as kids? I guess she didn't want to tell him the truth, but dang I guess her words really made Makabe think about what he's doing. Except at the end there ... what O_O OK first of all, Aki liked fat Makabe, but how the heck does she not connect Masamune and Makabe?! IT'S THE SAME NAME RIGHT?! Then that other guy at the end ... I was wondering who that guy in the OP was! Well so much for thinking that the show was going to start bringing Aki and Makabe together now ... o_O
Feb 27, 2019 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
Well that was sad, and the series is over dramatic with jokes too. And Aki doesn't accept him. Tbh he should stop this vengeance nonsense and look the other way, or at least don't be so clingy. And now a Masamune fake is on the picture and proably Aki will fall for her just because he is her ideal, like superficiality. But well. Don't think they can do much in the episodes that are left.
Sep 4, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2020
Neko route is pretty sad well. Suddenly it brings to deep story. Still Masamune still with his mindset. If you don't want Adagaki or Neko just bring it to me. Neko is struggling so hard. She will do surgery.
Aug 12, 2021 11:31 PM

Jun 2020
I thought Masamune would have revealed himself from the start I didn't know what he was up to but at least they found Neko

So this concludes her arc right they definitely spent a lot of episodes through her arc and left Masamune and Aki's to the rest I would have preferred if they usually just stick with Masamune and Adagaki while still bringing up Neko

Aki's a bit confused but she's got the spirit, And a new uh character showed up who looks a lot like Masamune when he was a kid.
Jan 16, 2022 4:06 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HolyDeathMacabre said:
And now they introduce the character that will make this story go to shit.
Sigh it was good while it lasted.

Yeah, I was like, this adaptation was being so solid so far, the anime took Neko arc and did wonders to it, it is much better in the anime than it was on the manga...

The good thing about this next arc on manga, that is the come, is that the manga was able to finally get that shit over with, even knowing everything, having to see this SHIT start again, oh, I didn't think the manga was anything special back then, but it was enjoyable until this piece of shit character came to sour things soo badly, the writer really dropped the ball with this fatso annoying asshole.

It is a tone shift, from actual good drama, to something SO SHIT... waste, they could have made most of this shit original and rewrote the shitty arc.
Apr 8, 2022 3:07 AM

May 2021
The guy at the ending already highly pisses me off...
Feb 25, 2023 6:34 AM

Mar 2017
This anime is trying waaaay too hard with the ‘plot twists’. Like, who the hell is this new dude?!

Also how the hell hasn’t Ali realised that the Masamune she loved and the guy who she’s been hanging out with are the same person?! If she remembers him shouldn’t she recognize him? Just because he lost weight doesn’t mean he’d look completely different!
Apr 14, 2023 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
So, it wasn't just a sham, but a double sham at that! Neko was also a fat little child like Masamune. I guess her story has ended here, but I really wonder if we'll get a glimpse deeper into it. Maybe in an OVA.
May 18, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 2022
wait what the fuck was the ending, was it like 2 masamunes holy fucking shit
Jun 17, 2023 10:57 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god Fujinomiya was the Osana Najimi girl.

Adagaki actually like fat Masamune?
Then why she rejected him?
WTF.

Woahh that ending, what a Plot Twist?
Ha?
Jul 1, 2023 3:21 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Jul 11, 2023 11:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"You and I, are alike..... will you continue going down the same path as I did?"

So far.... this hasn't been that bad actually; nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Was expecting it to be nothing more than insufferable and painful to watch. But no, in fact, it's not the best anime in the world, but no joke I wouldn't mind giving it a 7/10 at this point from a purely subjective standing. I'm actually kind of enjoying this. It's weakest parts certainly are bad, but even still not utterly, downright terrible. And it's strengths, particularly in these last two episodes, are pretty freaking good. Maybe it's not that deep, but idc; I'm enjoying it, and not in an ironic way.

Now the question is it's significantly lower-than-average score when taking its popularity (800k+ members here on MAL??) into consideration, that being 6.74 atm. When most popular anime are at least in the mid 7.00 range, having it well below that is saying something; and if I have to guess, it has to be within these 3 last episodes of this season. They each have a significantly lower rating than everything before. The next episode is at 3.2, the one after that is 3.8 (ok not too bad I guess), and the last one is 3.1, which is probably where the culprit lies. Obviously something, or several things, happen that the audience was not in favour of. Now the question is, what exactly?

Is commando cat girl gone from the show, at least for now, and that's why it became less of a good show? That's understandable, since all the good stuff has been revolving around her for the past few episodes. But I don't think that's it. I know a little bit of what happens in the end of this season, but it's still foggy. The low rating has to do with Makabe's choice in whether or not to continue with his plan of revenge, or not to, I think. For me personally, I want him to stop being a tool and drop the revenge plot. We see now that ultimately it is pointless because Aki actually liked him back then when he was young and fat, even though Makabe is unaware of that right now. Although I guess revenge is still in the cards for Aki sending off mixed signals and rejecting him despite liking him. But that's besides the point for now. I want them to truly fall in love with each other and become lovey-dovey. It seems like with her rotten attitude, Aki wasn't a popular choice to ship with Makabe since there are girls who are much better spirited than her around Makabe. Again, understandable. But I still want the flat chested tsundere to take home the crown of being the girl of the generic-looking rom com dense harem protagonist of a tool (ok he's not THAT bad, but still is no giga chad).

And now: do people dislike this because:

A) Makabe DOES go forward with his revenge plan (no real romance with Aki, for those who like Aki, like me...), or
B) Makabe DROPPPING his revenge plan, and allowing himself to fall in love with Aki, and thus making people mad who wanted to see revenge, and also doubly mad because they shipped him with one of the other girls?

Again, I still want option B, but maybe it won't be that simple. For now I'm just really curious as to how this season turns out and to see why it has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Now enough talk, let's fight (watch the next episode).

edit: oh yeah and I'll let this guy share the rest of my thoughts on this episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 25, 2023 11:53 PM
Dec 2022
Quite a roller coaster kind of episode. The emotions are all over the place with the love and unrequited love. Neko is stronger than one thought.
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Jun 2020
All the part with Nekos runaway was just boring.Like wtf was that she runaway to the roof,didint take her medicine with her ,waited for masamune to find her and then collapsed.Great plan I guess.

Fake Masamune definitely a bad news
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.