Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 26, 2016 6:51 AM
Apr 2013
Should I expect Hitler to appear in this anime?
Oct 26, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2009
worldeditor11 said:

Oct 26, 2016 12:31 PM
Apr 2013
Klimat said:
worldeditor11 said:

Ahhh, what a major bummer.

Thanks for the heads up Klim. Appreciate it.
Oct 26, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2010
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:
if you noticed or know anything about historical events all the good guy's are on the bad side
I see, I just never considered Hijikata objectively "good", even if I like his character.
Oct 26, 2016 2:49 PM
May 2016
Meritas said:
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:
if you noticed or know anything about historical events all the good guy's are on the bad side
I see, I just never considered Hijikata objectively "good", even if I like his character.

well he was a cop from the shinsengumi so i think we can assume he was a good guy until he was beheaded
Oct 26, 2016 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:
Meritas said:
Whi is Hijikata on the bad side? I hate this so much.

>Implying any of them were "good" guys

Joan of Arc is the only one I would call a good guy. Everyone else so far is deep in the grey zone at best/worst.
Oct 26, 2016 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was a masterpiece for me!
What an impressive turn of events!
5/5!!!

Oct 26, 2016 10:34 PM

Jun 2016
Really liking the battle scenes, story is kinda interesting.
Oct 27, 2016 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
All these End antagonists look really cool. This time Joan of Arc looks like a dude. Japan loves their traps.

I fucking love Naoshi Kanno. He's probably my favorite character from this point. All the characters are awesome tbh.
臭い-
Oct 28, 2016 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
This is basically a chess match played by 2 gods :D good will fight evil at the end. The episode was pretty sweet, watching a bloody series like this once a season definitely wouldn't hurt :)
Oct 28, 2016 3:22 PM
Mar 2016
So what them Octoberist connection with the afterlife deskguy?
Oct 28, 2016 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
Complete obliteration, Not sure if even if the drifters took over they would have won.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2016 9:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow this episode was intense
The black kings army was huge and had a large variety of troops from goblins to orks and dragons.
And the evil heroes known as the edge were just as deadly as their good counterparts in the drifters.

Hmm so the octobrists are the good guys here then eh

Well at the moment these two drifters
Scipio Africanus of Rome and Hannibal of Carthage still haven't recovered eh

But im surprised that Scipio went and defended Hannibal lol
they were enemies lol

The beginning of the siege when the black army rushed the walls
was well done
That atmosphere man

Combat scenes was pretty well done
Dragons landing troops while ground troops storm the walls
behind them was well done

Hmm Hijikata Toshizo the vice commander of the famed Shinsengumi eh
so his power apart from his sword skills is to summon spirits eh

and Joan of arc ironically uses fire

And anacastica of the Russian royal family uses ice eh

So that is the power of the Black king

So the drifters also have Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid among their
ranks eh
They sure shown their marksmanship skills in the last part of the episode

Good thing they were saved by the zero

Lol look at Kanno go eradicating dragons like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 9:26 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
Another vibrant episode, full of action, new historic characters and miesteries!!!!
Oct 29, 2016 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Not a good time to throw new characters all over the place.
2/5 below-average episode in every way.
Oct 30, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2008
So the point of this anime is just to bring random insane people from all eras to have a wild world war....got it.
Oct 30, 2016 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
Mormegil said:
I like how this show is about historical figures fighting each other. But I'm not fond of much else. I've never liked Hirano's art, and his comedy is just dreadful.
My thoughts exactly, I can't wait to see more historical figures show up.
Oct 30, 2016 9:50 PM
Oct 2016
i am really enjoying this show. Man i had call it. i have a feeling that END guy could be jesus but who knows :D. i honestly cant wait for new ppl to be added or hope for it and i hope they add some Viking warriors in there.
Nov 1, 2016 4:58 AM
Feb 2016
More and more historical characters are being introduced and brought in. At the very least the production team did a good thing in explaining what are drifters and their purpose in that world in this episode.
Nov 3, 2016 1:53 AM

Oct 2015
driffters might be going into the right direction so far, with the upcoming war between the driffters and the ends
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 3, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2013
These "enders" are so seriously unintimidating (really, joan of arc? kek), it's not even a question who's going to win. The number of japanese figures they have though is seriously couchy, I'd honestly have preferred a british ace.

I mean really, Rome lost more people in a day than this black king guy is ever going to command, it's not even funny how tilted this is.
Nov 3, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2015
I dislike the fact that Joan of Arc is being portrayed as a psychopathic arsonist. That, and the comedy that I don't find funny really kill this show for me. Probably gonna stop watching here, but man, those first two episodes had some great fight animation!
Nov 4, 2016 10:28 PM

Jul 2016
This is basically a much better idea of the concept used in Fate...

Fucking loving the pilot.
Nov 6, 2016 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
Black King's army was so cool! I am really enjoying it.
Nov 13, 2016 1:39 PM
May 2016
Everything feels still messy and kind of silly. Hopefully this anime gets better soon. So much weaker start combined to stuff like Hellsing Ultimate.
Nov 13, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, the Ends have some pretty legit people on their side. Their powers are so cool! Hijikata and Joan of Arc and also another girl I don't know (the Russian ice one). I actually look these people up once they got introduced lol :P Plus they have DRAGONS! Holy crap that's legit XD Looks like the Drifters got a WW2 pilot on their side. I guess the dragon scales aren't effective against bullets :P Anyway, seems like they're trying to get the Drifters away somehow and then our original 3 have encountered the Organization that was spying on them. Can't wait to see where this all goes! :D
Nov 27, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
Whats the use of the fictional language if the historical figures themselves speak Japanese!?
Dec 3, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
LMAO that guy at 0:21 looks like Kim Jong-Un
Dec 7, 2016 5:05 PM
Oct 2011
EvianBubble said:
Dang, the Ends have some pretty legit people on their side. Their powers are so cool! Hijikata and Joan of Arc and also another girl I don't know (the Russian ice one). I actually look these people up once they got introduced lol :P Plus they have DRAGONS! Holy crap that's legit XD Looks like the Drifters got a WW2 pilot on their side. I guess the dragon scales aren't effective against bullets :P Anyway, seems like they're trying to get the Drifters away somehow and then our original 3 have encountered the Organization that was spying on them. Can't wait to see where this all goes! :D

Anastasia. :)

Yeah, I'm absolutely loving this show, it's amazing to me how they are pulling off this artstyle and such fantastic animation despite keeping the detailed art style of the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. The background and coloring style is perfect too.

Also in addition to the Drifters and Ends the Octobrist guys seem pretty cool in design like Abe no Seimei, Chris Patton's doing a great job with him. I love the voice Monica is using for Easy and Wald sounded good as Murasaki opposite her in that scene.
Dec 20, 2016 1:22 AM
Dec 2016
People, the black king, is not Jesus but either Osiris or his son Horus. Osiris is called the black king, the god of death and life, and agriculture.

Horus is a god of the sky with an all-seeing eye. Rumor is Horus and Jesus is one in the same. I do not know how true it is, but Horus is born on Dec 25 under the two stars of Orion (representing the three wise men). Horus was also crucified just like Jesus. Horus's eyes have to mean as well....One eye was the sun, and the other was the moon.

I believe that the black king in Drifters is either OSIRIS or HORUS!
ezmac1018Dec 20, 2016 1:30 AM
Dec 22, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2016
Great episode...... Liked the fighting scene a lot

Joan De Arc is a villain?? Not cool......

Well, will Arturia Pendragon be here too??? Sabeerrrrr
Jan 7, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
They done turn Joan of Arc into a pyromaniac bitch...I love it xD
Jan 13, 2017 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
It would've been better if they didn't make Joan of Arc look like a complete psychopath. Her grudge against her people's betrayal leading her to become part of the Ends is understandable but her crazy personality is just weird. The other ones being evil (or at least not giving a dam and working for them) is kinda random too. Not sure why they didn't just go with people throughout history who did act like monsters since there is a good selection to choose from.
Jan 28, 2017 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
Intense episode, now we know there are the Drifters and the Ends
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 4, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development I must say! Quite intense as well, let's see what's next!
Apr 19, 2017 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
So I started watching and immediately I thought "there is too much chibi" in this and the comedy seems oriented towards children. My opinion of the anime so far was 7/10 but then out of nowhere, a WW2 bomber Jap comes out of the magic door blowing shit up and immediately this anime gets a 9/10. If it was an American WW2 fighter pilot then it would have been 10/10 but I will settle with the Jap. I can't help it, pilots are my kryptonite when it comes to ultimate badassery.
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)
Apr 28, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
That was intense. Everything got cleared up. So the Drifters came to this world to stop the Dark King to destroy everything. There were a lot of big names to see in this episode, characters a lot of people know from history or maybe other anime.

The conversation at the beginning was kinda funny between Hannibal and Scipio. I didn't know what I should think when Hannibal peed on himself, but I guess if you're older that can happen lol.

The dark king looks cool and also all the special people besides him like Jean Dark etc. They also seem pretty strong from what we could see.

There were even dragons :o
I didn't expect to see a warplane. Good thing a drifter was controlling it and killed all the dragons within a few moments. Butch and Kid are also pretty cool with their guns. I missed Toyohisa, Nobunaga and Yoichi but the end was absolute hilarious, I laughed my ass off xD

"Explain it so even idiots can understand it" hahahaha.

Jun 15, 2017 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
wow they got rekt so badly...but dam the characters are so badass and I love the pilot loll but I have a feeling hes the loud idiot of the group.
Aug 1, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2016
It seems that infamous people in history known for large kill-counts were transported as Drifters in another world while the Ends those who were undeserving of death but got killed anyway got awesome powers similar to the nature of how they died and went crazy in the process.

Yoshitsune with those ghost warriors, Joan of Arc turned into a real nutcase after her ordeal casting Amaterasu everywhere and pretty Anastasia with the Russian Winter wow. What I'm a bit confused about is the big guys behind them. Are they like their Stands xD

Despite Hannibal and Scipio being historical rivals, they got quite a bromance~ Him wanting to use Sundance Kid's machine gun against Rome lol

That Plane Captain came out of nowhere with a big-ass plane then he was suddenly mowing down hordes of dragons like it's nobody's business~ The action in this episode was pure eye-candy ♥

Aug 12, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2013
Watching this makes me wish I had more historical knowledge, ahhah ^^'

Joan was awesome though *O*

lololol at the little snippet at the end xD
Sep 8, 2017 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
Really cool fights, but those dragons were too weak.
Nov 20, 2017 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
Decided to see this because I wanted to watch some action packed anime, but up until now this has been filling me with regret. First two episodes were... okay, but this one is just too much, feels like historical figures are just thrown in a huge mess to fight each other, the fight scenes are the only real objective of this and the base plot doesn't have much significance.

Don't see the point on using historical figures and basically change all their personalities: Joan of Arc is just a crazy bitch who likes to set people on fire and has nothing to do with the real one; feels like Anastasia Romanova is there just because the author wanted a character from Russia to use a power based on ice/coldness; Naoshi Kanno is basically an annoying caricature; etc. I'm not saying I wanted a totally serious and realistic anime, but if it's gonna be like this, for me the use of historical figures is really just to gain people's attention, because all the characters could be changed to original ones and it wouldn't really matter.

Also, the comedy scene after the ED felt very forced and absolutely out of place, it wasn't fun and the mood has nothing to do with the rest of the episode.

Can only hope it gets better from here on out, but I'll keep my expectations low.

β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β˜†γ΅γ‚γ΅γ‚γ‚‹β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“γ΅γ‚γ΅γ‚γ‚Šβ˜†β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      ❀ BE KAWAII ❀         
Jan 13, 2018 8:36 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty epic episode, loved the action and the music, looking forward to seeing the
Drifters face off against the Ends.
Jan 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Aug 2017
A little confusing, but it is taking an interesting turn. Episode with a lot of action. I like the contrast between bloody scenes and stupid comedy.
Mar 9, 2019 9:53 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
i really like where this is going this gonna be great for sure

Feb 27, 2020 3:00 AM

Apr 2009
I really don't care about the plot on this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2018
Lol I can just imagine the pilot flying his plane inside the white room xD
lol Jeanne is acting like Jalter here
ByniavoJul 10, 2020 2:08 PM
Aug 31, 2020 4:09 AM

May 2020
Pretty cool fight will be coming. All the heroes revealed. Trio Japanese will be coming to defeat End.
Sep 2, 2020 7:23 PM
Oct 2019
Ok the octobrists are magicians and have their own drifters. The "en"(?) are the "black" drifters rules d by the black King (some demon/orc guy?)? And the octobrists want their drifters to pair up with the 3 japanese drifters to fight the En. The post credit scene explained a lot.

This was my least favorite of the first 3 episodes but at least it explained some things.
HagePotPotatoSep 2, 2020 7:53 PM
Nov 8, 2020 8:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn planes + dragon, epicness is real, and lol the post-credit scene was fun xD
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.