Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2016 1:05 AM

Sep 2015
This was the last episode huh...
Well whatever not realy good final episode.
Sep 23, 2016 1:18 AM

Dec 2014
So Despair Arc is over. What a ride.
Welp only Future Arc and the Special Episode of DR-Hope (whatever this may be) is left.

Overall the start of the series was living up to my expectations. The combo plots/story with Future Arc was also really cool and interesting to watch. The overall concept of 2 series that both have plots that connects is really fascinating.

Pro:
The screentime with the 77th class was one of the strongest points in this series.
Chiaki and Hinata relationship and how it worked out was just sweet and nice to watch.
Overall the Junko Enishomia Btime^^ is also a strong point + MUKURO >_<!!!!!
How the imposter was finally presented to us and we got some character development with him this was also one of the highlights.
Animation wise it was good and later on okyisch-some scene where really weird or at 1 secound bad. It seems they had some trouble/problem with the production.
I think Chisa was also a strong character i mean ignoreing the fact the Munakata crew got fucked over and is the loser of this story they all had some nice interactions and overall pretty neat voice acting. Also this is the first time i saw a gay character in Anime^^. For Japan standarts this is something supriseing if you know that over there it is a pretty critical topic/taboo.
Nanami dead was shocking and hearthbreaking. It hit me hard and still hurts a lot.
R.I.P
DR0 cameos.
Komaeda being hopesexual^^ xD
The Twilight Syndrom Muder Case how our Ultimate Little Sister turned out to be was a suprise for me i was sad about her dead. Damit crazy Yandere girl.
I think the biggest + for this series was Izuru. We never knew much about him and what he exactly done. All the time we only knew what Junko told us and what we saw in DR2 with Hinata faceing his (always present/awake) Izuru self and fusion it to a whole new personality= Hinata Kamukura. He pretty much didnt care about Junkos despair expect it was not boring and the conclusion of Hope VS. Despair in the end was also a nice touch. I think with this we have a better understanding what Izuru personality is and how the whole DR2 conclusion played out and why.
I think Despair was really great and is so far my secound favorite Anime series this year.

Contra-
Timelinewise DR0 is a mess. How it can or does fit in the timeline is really complicated and a big clusterfuck for this series.
No Warriors of Hope /Monaca interaction.
Junko being at all times in some kind of evil masterpaln mode but it seems she alsmost never attended the 78th class. That it was never shown to us didnt help either. It was like she never had a chance to build realtionships/connections to her class. But we have also serious timeskips here and there that makes everything even more complicated.
How the fall of the 77th was handled and the how the brainwashing played out. It was a pretty boring expected twist that overall took some of Junkos charm/powers and made her strong villian image more or less much more pointless.
NeoWorldProgramm/AI Chiaki mess and the overall ingame contradictions.
No Matsuda or any of the creators of the NWP. Not even Miaya we will never know much about her besides being creating Usami and being one of the 3 creators of the NWP.
Nanamis being a Hopeidol for the class and no real character. The only real character moments she had was with Hajime. In the class all i heard from the 77th guys was how much hope the gained from Nanami and this really strange worship of her. What Nanami was used for was merely a plot device for the 77th class fall into despair.
I would like to see some of the events that took place outside of schoo (event like the ones in the photos)l to have more context to their realtionship but it was really sad that the only person who had some deeper connection (besides Nanami is our Hopeidol) to Nanami was Hajime.
Tha tthe series had only 11 episodes to tell the story of Despair Arc. Timelinewise it hurts the series a lot and the change and speed up of pacing & slow episodes was somewhat chaoctic.
No freetime events ;D.
No beach episode HNNNNNGGGHHHH.
No bath scene Q_Q.
Jokes aside i am also sad that there was no Kirigiri investigation part. Well she was stopped by Jin but we never saw any kind of development of this expect in DR1 the noticebook that Naegi finds in the destoryed part of the school.
EPs11 pacing and showcase of the RoD was a big problem. It was nice to see them do stuf but how it was presented was misplaces.
Also the RoD didnt seem like the crazy MM we knew.
The seemed more like normal 77th only that they believe Despair is the greater good and because of that the do all this stuff in the name of Despair because it is right. That was kinda boring and not that level of crazy i expected it also doesn't explain or showed anything like that about their worship towards Junko. I cannot imange them taking Junkos Goo like eye, arm and all that crazy stuff.
There was no crazy love for Junko only for Despair so why they would take Junko bodyparts is a puzzle to me.

Welp now only a few weeks of DanganFandomRonpacrazyness are left. Thanks god V3 will come out soon. I still hope they will realease it for the west to with a suprise annoucment.

I had a lot of fun it was sooooooo exciting ever week.
The show had a lot of problems but an equal amount of pure perfect moments.
I think Kodaka is a amazin writer/scenario-story author but his biggest weakness is writing endings in the form of showing us the detail stuff of how things went down.
DR1-2 greatness lies in its mystery and the question how went it down how could Junko do it and how did the whole world let it come to this. I think these lore aspects of DanganRonpa makes it a great series. Best example is Dark Souls and its lore. You discover stuff and get information but you have to think about it and come to your own conclusion about the story. You have the groundwork but the details are shrouded in mystery. Exactly this is why i think the Despair Arc suffers because it trys to explain stuff that takes aways the charme of the mystery and the illusion of this one person that took down the world to despair.

Sidenote i am the only one confused about Izuru erasing his memories of the 77th class + the memories of the class about him?
It complicates the matter about why the all turned themselves in. The assumption was always Izuru acted as lead figure after Junkos fall. But we now know that is not the case. So what is the point of this? The 77th class never saw him or knew anything about him expect Komaeda as far as i understood and even then. The moment they enter the NeoWorldProgramm their memory will also wiped to some degrees/set back to a certain point before they enter Hopes Peak so i really dont get why.

What a journey i am excited what twist will hapen in SideFuture and what plot the Hope special episode will bring us.

As always thank you for reading and sorry for my bad grammar.
Sep 23, 2016 1:28 AM
Jun 2016
A 7. Not bad. A lot of issues I have with it, but was very entertaining overall. The ending could have been a bit better, but I'm mostly satisfied. I can accept this as a way to end the two games and whatnot. Now for the Future side to finish u, then the special, then that'' be all of Danganronpa anime here. A lot of characters I'm gonna miss here, whether they are or dead, they were still a part of the universe DR1 and 2 made. Gonna miss them when leaving that universe behind in order to dive into the one for DRV3.
Sep 23, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2013
To be honest, I was actually pretty sad in this episode. These high school kids watched the person that brought them together brutally murdered. This episode, the brain washing is complete and they became Ultimate Despairs. They really did not deserve this at all.

One thing that this Despair Arc showed me is that the Neo World Program was justified and Makoto's wish to save the 77th class was a good call. It was definitely a huge gamble on the Neo World Program working or not, but I would've tried to save these kids too instead of killing them off. It's not their fault that they were manipulated and they didn't get to choose the life they wanted. Junko robbed them of their happy future and wanted them to become Despairs.

Not much happens this episode. We all knew what the end result would be and how things would turn out. Got to see AI Chiaki at least! She really sounded like an AI for sure. I am VERY disappointed that we didn't get to see the Ultimate Despairs in action, killing people left and right. All we got was a montage of them standing around a few corpses with buildings burning all over the world. I wanted to see them kill people and spread despair. To me, that's kinda insulting to the viewers. They are called Ultimate Despairs, at least make them do something on screen that is worthy enough to their title.

Final Thought: Other than putting AI Junko in the NWP, Izuru really has done nothing wrong other than his attempted murder of Nagito. Though I'm sure Izuru somehow knew Nagito would survive cause he's Izuru but he really didn't do anything. He's just a spectator who wants to see which is more unpredictable, Despair or Hope.

I'm going to miss these kids. After comparing the two, I like the 77th Class over the 78th Class a lot more and their chemistry with each other was great. To be fair, the 78th had to kill each other, but I do have more favorite characters in 77th over 78th.
TehSnawnSep 23, 2016 1:48 AM

Sep 23, 2016 1:36 AM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this series .It was more or less everything that I expected. The first episodes were pure fanservice (the good kind) and I couldn’t stop laughing, then Junko showed up and we finally got to see how the shit hit the fan. My biggest complaint is that the brainwashing felt cheap and too easy along with the animation problems in the last part . 7/10

Lol people act as if this is the end of the entire franchise. We still have 2 freaking episodes! And side hope is supposed to be the true epilogue(i think).
This is not and should not be viewed as a standalone series. They skipped characterization and many plot lines and decided to focus on new things because you were supposed to already know about them from the previous works.
Also people complaining that Junko was too perfect, are you for real? She is a high school girl that destroyed the freaking world and the ultimate analysist! What the hell did you expect? She is not supposed to be a relatable or realistic character but more as a personification of chaos/despair.

Nouruninn165 said:

The game also told us that Izuru was part of UD which if you disagree with this part you CLEARLY didn't watch the show, and Junko in the game said that he (izuru) killed all the Student council members. This shows that Kodaka is really inconsistent and makes up plot to cover the fact that it doesn't fit in 11 episodes. Also, who the fuck is so lazy to think of a plot twist such as a brainwashing anime, how meta(low) can you go?

I think you were the one who clearly didn’t watch the show. Junko used Izuru as a scapegoat and blamed him for the killing game .

She also called class 78 his classmates multiple times and he helped her on many occasions so as far as she is concerned he was part of Ud .He was even captured later by Naegi as a remnant.
J1m1sSep 23, 2016 4:51 AM
Sep 23, 2016 1:45 AM
Aug 2008
That raining body scene was sad.

Sep 23, 2016 1:53 AM
Jun 2016
Riveon said:
4/10 because to make Junko plan successful, creators just give everyone else title of "Ultimate Idiot"

Everyone else? The only one I would really agree with that would be Juzo for that major moments in what he did and said to Hinata that made him decide to become Izuru, and for letting Junko go as being innocent (especially when he apparently knew already how crazily evil Junko is) due to not wanting Munakata knowing that he's in love with him by Junko, thus letting her continue her rampage towards the world when she could have been stopped either right at that very moment or soon after the event.

TehSnawn said:
After comparing the two, I like the 77th Class over the 78th Class a lot more and their chemistry with each other was great. To be fair, the 78th had to kill each other, but I do have more favorite characters in 77th over 78th.

I agree. I also have more favorites from the 77th class compared to the 78th, even though I liked a nice amount of people from the 78th class very much, as well. I wish to see more of the friendly chemistry that the 78th class had with each other before their memories were wiped, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen.
4DissinitySep 23, 2016 1:59 AM
Sep 23, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
4Dissinity said:
Riveon said:
4/10 because to make Junko plan successful, creators just give everyone else title of "Ultimate Idiot"

Everyone else? The only one I would really agree with that would be Juzo for that major moments in what he did and said to Hinata that made him decide to become Izuru, and for letting Junko go as being innocent (especially when he apparently knew already how crazily evil Junko is) due to not wanting Munakata knowing that he's in love with him by Junko, thus letting her continue her rampage towards the world when she could have been stopped either right at that very moment or soon after the event.

I don't like Juzo at all but in his defense, what else could he do? If he ignored Junko's ultimatum, I'm sure Junko would've had Juzo be brainwashed like Chisa. Since Chisa was brainwashed, she told Munakata that through her investigation, Junko is innocent. I'm sure Juzo would suffer the same fate as well had he rejected Junko's offer.

Yes, Juzo was the final push needed for Hinata to become Izuru, but the Hope Academy faculty was the one who created Hope Cultivation Project. Not only that, Izuru really has done nothing wrong other than uploading AI Junko into the Neo World Program. However, Izuru uploading Junko into that program was probably out of boredom and his desire to see which is more unpredictable, Hope or Despair.

Sep 23, 2016 2:15 AM
Aug 2014
I hope the blu-ray release will extend some the scenes (like DR1).
Because this felt kinda short.
Sep 23, 2016 2:18 AM

Jun 2012
not good for a last episode, and kinda boring as a whole, except for a couple episodes

4/10
Sep 23, 2016 2:25 AM
Jun 2016
TehSnawn said:
4Dissinity said:

I don't like Juzo at all but in his defense, what else could he do? If he ignored Junko's ultimatum, I'm sure Junko would've had Juzo be brainwashed like Chisa. Since Chisa was brainwashed, she told Munakata that through her investigation, Junko is innocent. I'm sure Juzo would suffer the same fate as well had he rejected Junko's offer.

I don't really know. He could have tried to run since he apparently got defeated (I don't know how, due to how strong he's supposed to be. Mukuro wasn't even there with Junko), or he could have said that he'll tell Munakata that she's innocent as a lie, then really tell him the truth. Even if the word spreaded out that he's in love with Munakata after telling him the truth happened, it's still far better than an apocalyptic world. I doubt Juzo even knew about the brainwashing, by the way. I just know that he knew that she's extremely dangerous and that the matter of her being handled clearly meant a lot to Munakata.

Yes, Juzo was the final push needed for Hinata to become Izuru, but the Hope Academy faculty was the one who created Hope Cultivation Project. Not only that, Izuru really has done nothing wrong other than uploading AI Junko into the Neo World Program. However, Izuru uploading Junko into that program was probably out of boredom and his desire to see which is more unpredictable, Hope or Despair.

Oh no. See, him getting convinced by Junko in order to stand side by side with her when he clearly knew what type of person she was itself is very wrong. He was literally convinced to pretty much side with her as an Ultimate Despair due to pure boredom. If he didn't, he would have stopped her at anytime he wanted to, but he just let her do what she wanted. He also helped her in her plans, like assisting her in the mass killing in order to make the video, and also shot Komaeda and got him out of the way.
4DissinitySep 23, 2016 2:30 AM
Sep 23, 2016 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
Nouruninn165 said:
Pride- said:

The game told us that they were brainwashed.
What Plot holes?

The game also told us that Izuru was part of UD which if you disagree with this part you CLEARLY didn't watch the show, and Junko in the game said that he (izuru) killed all the Student council members. This shows that Kodaka is really inconsistent and makes up plot to cover the fact that it doesn't fit in 11 episodes. Also, who the fuck is so lazy to think of a plot twist such as a brainwashing anime, how meta(low) can you go?

Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again:
Mountains out of nonexistant mole hills

But I guess Amnesia is a fresh and exiting never before used plot device right? Amnesia is always the best plot twist. /s
(I'm making fun of you because DR is founded on an Amnesia plot device, Amnesia being the most overused plot device ever)
KetuekigamiSep 23, 2016 2:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 2:51 AM

Apr 2014
KamuiGavin said:
BillyMK said:
People you're forgetting that the New World Program was created by the Future Foundation. Alter Ego created AI Chiaki and Chisa could have provided all the information necessary about her, or they could have just researched it. The NWP wasn't created primarily to cure the remnant of despairs, but since Naegi and his friends decided to do that, they had to provide the program some information about the class (like the profiles you find in the game for exemple). Chiaki's inclusion probably wasn't Izuro's idea.

Wrong... well, kind of.

The NWP was created by the Future Foundation, sure, but it was built thanks to the investigations of people such as Chihiro, Matsuda and Miaya. So they must have done something related to the program before the tragedy.
Chiaki was created by Chihiro, there's no denying on that, but she was later modified by Alter Ego.

You are all guys arguing that the creation of Chiaki AI is not a plothole because we already know who created her, but you guys are missing the point, the question is not who created her, but WHY.
You guys are trying to convince yourselves that Chiaki knew Chihiro during school so that's why he decided to create her, but we don't know that for sure, nobody does, it's your mere speculation, and when we have to figure out a big, important detail of the plot by our speculations and theories (not counting stuff like open endings), that, ladies and gentleman, is called a plothole, no matter how you try to deny it.
And besides, why create Chiaki AI? Who suggested that? Why? What was the objective of that? Why Chiaki and not somebody else?
One thing I'm sure of is that Izuru had something to do with it, by the way he talks to Junko about wanting to know which is more unpredictable between hope and despair. It's almost as if he knows he's going to be put in the NWP, and that Chiaki is there.

Look guys, I loved this series until Episode 10, I'm not going to lie to you, I thought it had the potential to be a masterpiece, I even defended it from the complaints of many fans about things such as the brainwashing or the Student's Council Killing game, but this episode was Kodaka going full retard. He clearly didn't know how to end the series properly, and he clearly rushed the hell out of this episode.
Let's hope Mirai-hen has a much better ending... please, Kodaka, just for once, make a proper ending.

No, it doesn't equate to a plot-hole. Once again, if it wasn't shown, it doesn't mean it was a plot-hole, you said it yourself, Izuru wanted to know which was less boring, hope or despair. The camera was looking at Chiaki's hairpin when he said these things. He wanted to test something if she (Chiaki) can overcome Junko's plot. With this information you clearly know it's because of Izuru that AI Chiaki was created. With information from the second game, you know Chihiro created AI Chiaki. Just tie them in, it's not hard.
Sep 23, 2016 3:01 AM

Oct 2013
I don't know what to think about this show right now.
Overall it was definitely a nice ride, but this last episode disappointed me so bad. In Zetsubou-hen, among other things, I was expecting to see some despair-action by 2nd game protagonists, but that just never happened, if only a liiiiiiittle bit during early moments of first episode. I'm so disappointed by this.

The show has a lot of ups and downs, for instance I didn't like how Twilight Syndrome was treated almost as no big deal; how the Student Council reacted to the mutual killing they were put into and last, but not least, how Izuru Kamukura acted during the entire show. He literally does nothing, while in the games they make you think he was a very important piece for the entire Danganronpa story. At least he finally says something important in this last episode, he wants to "test" hope and despair to see which is the one truly unpredictable. He even knows he's going to meet very soon with the 77th class again and makes sure to have everyone memories, including himself, erased. This is the Izuru I wanted to see, too bad he finally decided to do something useful only when everything's ended.

Apart from all these things I didn't like, all the rest was very good indeed. The first 3-4 episodes were really relaxing and fun, while things slowly went deeper into despair they added more suspence in them and, personally, even fear. Chiaki-Hinata moments were hearthbreaking.
I also want to say that, to me, Chiaki's death will always be the biggest, most awful, most tragic event I've ever witnessed.
Another really good point of the show was, without a doubt, Junko Enoshima. She herself made the entire show a lot better, even though I hate her as an enemy, I can't help to really like her character and even in this show she's in better shape than ever.

I still don't know how to rate the show, overall I would give it a 7,5/8 but I'll wait until Kibou-hen to rate it. If Kibou-hen manages to destroy everything I disliked about the show, I'll reward Zetsubou-hen with an 8, otherwise I'll probably give it a 7.
Sep 23, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2013
4Dissinity said:
TehSnawn said:

I don't really know. He could tried to run since he apparently got defeated (I don't know how, due to how strong he's supposed to be), or he could have said that he'll tell Munakata that she's innocent as a lie, then really tell him the truth. Even if the word spreaded out that he's in love with Munakata after telling him the truth happened, it's still far better than an apocalyptic world. I doubt Juzo even knew about the brainwashing, by the way. I just know that he knew that she's extremely dangerous and that the matter clearly meant a lot to Munakata.

Oh no. See, him getting convinced by Junko in order to stand side by side with her when he clearly knew what type of person she was itself is very wrong. He was literally convinced to pretty much side with her as an Ultimate Despair due to pure boredom. If he didn't, he would have stopped her at anytime he wanted to, but he just let her do what she wanted. He also helped her in her plans, like assisting her in the mass killing in order to make the video, and also shot Komaeda and got him out of the way.

It's not whether Juzo knew about the brainwashing or not, I'm saying Junko would've brain washed him if Juzo refused as a back up plan. Even if Juzo decides to go against his word and tell Munakata that Junko is guilty, Chisa immediately came in next and told Munakata that Junko is innocent. That would probably make Munakata unsure if Junko is innocent or not, which will still lead him no where.

As for Izuru, he's practically an observer of the entire series. Everything he does is to watch how it unfolds. His type of character is more interested in watching others do their thing rather than participate. I doubt he would have any desire to want to stop her plans either as he's far more interested in what will happen.

Also, with the murder of the student council, he still didn't do anything other than having a council member be indirectly killed by him through self defense. He literally just stood there the entire time and the blame was put on him which was part of Junko's plan to have the Reserve Students revolt against Hope Academy. Originally before Despair Arc, it was believed that Izuru had killed the entire student council which was proven false.

As for Nagito, Izuru shot him knowing Nagito was lucky because he said something along the lines of "If it's good luck, I have that too". Though it wasn't stated at all and this part is just speculation, Izuru knew that shooting Nagito wouldn't kill him because he knew of Nagito's luck would save him. Izuru only retaliated because Nagito attempted to shoot him, again, in self defense.

With Junko, I'm sure Izuru did not care if the blame was pinned on him or had any desire to stop her. I truly believe he won't do anything to you until he is physically provoked, otherwise he's just standing there watching. He defended himself against Junko who tried to stab him, that council member who tried to kill him with the chainsaw and Nagito attempting to shoot him.

Izuru is just an extremely complex character who is always bored. He only followed Junko around for entertainment, which she promised him in their meeting. You can call him an Ultimate Despair, but he still hasn't done anything at all. Hell, Makoto Naegi is the one who captured Izuru! Of all people, Makoto is the one who confronted Izuru who was just standing around, again, watching everything unfold before him. One can argue he got caught on purpose to do the AI Junko thing, but that was only to see who would win in battle in the Neo World Program, Hope or Despair. Junko was the one who created the AI herself as a backup plan if she were to die. Izuru, for the first time I believe, actually did something by uploading it
TehSnawnSep 23, 2016 3:11 AM

Sep 23, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2012
Now that all is said and done, this series didn't live up to my expectations.

First of all, this is supposed to be a prequel that shows off what happened with the students of class 77 and how they fell into despair, so you would think that a lot or most of the screentime would be focused on them, but they barely have any and are shown to be mostly one dimensional characters that have a gimmick or particular trait that makes them stand out and that's about it. They never flesh them out or start hinting at their problems and what could have made them fall into despair (Ibuki and Gundam are, or should have been, feeling lonely since one disagreed with her band and ended up being alone for it and the other is a total weirdo, Mikan and Kazuichi were bullied, Nekomaru has a heart condition, Akane had to whore herself to make sure she and her brothers/sisters got food...). The only one who we go into detail is Kuzuryuu and by the beginning of episode 5 they just brush it off (your sister just got killed, you just don't get over it completely in a mere six months).

Another flaw of show is that is very inconsistent in terms of pacing. Twilight Syndrome, something that was given quite a bit of time and consideration in DR2 and was "The Beginning of the End" or so to speak is now rushed beyond belief and done with in half a episode. How are you supposed to care about a character who you just only known for 10 minutes? At the very least, they should have given that event another episode. I have the same problem with the Tragedy itself. It takes only half of an episode for people to start killing each other. Like damn, at least give it a whole episode of them freaking out and going out of control. Then, instead of episodes that go by too fast (rushed) you have some that go by too slowly. Episode 4 for example could have easily been shorter overall and have shown Yukizome actually feeling depressed at the end doing classes in the Reserve Course while thinking about class 77 instead of the unfunny montage done in Episode 5 at the beginning. This could also be said for episode 6,7, 9 and 10 and 11.

Another thing I would like to point out at how utterly bad the whole "Mind controlling anime" plot point was. Not only it undermines Junko's capabilities as a master manipulator, but it completely destroys the point of all that foreshadowing in DR2 about what their reasons could have been for falling into despair just because Kodaka probably took too seriously the whole "Anime was a mistake" meme and wanted to be ironic about it. He can write great characters arc while making them sympathetic and some really nice murder misteries (DR2 Case 5, for example), but the guy is incredible awful in reaching the climax of his own stories and his writing leaves a lot to be desired in areas that are not regarding the characters themselves. While I would understand that individually writing characters motivations one by one would be a hard thing to do, is just not an excuse for the poorly thought out resolution that was used in exchange for it.

Lastly, how they ended up handling Izuru and Chiaki was an absolute disaster. The guy who was said or hyped up to be an ace up Junko's sleeve or a mastermind on the level of Junko that wanted to watch the world born to see if it would quiet it's boredoom or make something interesting happen that he really needed really badly because of his abundant talent ended doing absolutely NOTHING in the whole show, just defending himself and crying about his waifu (which goes against his character at that point in the story). Chiaki herself was a mistake, since she became the trigger of why the mind controlling anime made effect into Class 77 and wasted precious screentime doing nothing and looking cute about it. Even his death dragged on forever (Mukuro, the ultimate soldier, died instantly in DR1, for example) for the sake of pandering to HinataxChiaki fans.

TL;DR: Overall, while it was fun and good fanservice for a fan of the series such as me, the anime is filled to the brink with pacing issues, one dimensional characters, terrible motivations and that throws plot points and foreshadowing from previous games out of the window for the sake of pandering.

I give it a 5/10. If I wasn't a fan, it would be much lower though.
GoldenSaltPillarSep 23, 2016 3:09 AM
Sep 23, 2016 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
Well, technically the end would be the prologue at the beggining of Mirai-hen. Once it ends it even says: "To side Future".

Chisa despair even changed the color of her notebook to black.

MonoReaper said:

Contra-
Timelinewise DR0 is a mess. How it can or does fit in the timeline is really complicated and a big clusterfuck for this series.

No Warriors of Hope /Monaca interaction.

Junko being at all times in some kind of evil masterpaln mode but it seems she alsmost never attended the 78th class. That it was never shown to us didnt help either. It was like she never had a chance to build realtionships/connections to her class. But we have also serious timeskips here and there that makes everything even more complicated.

The seemed more like normal 77th only that they believe Despair is the greater good and because of that the do all this stuff in the name of Despair because it is right. That was kinda boring and not that level of crazy i expected it also doesn't explain or showed anything like that about their worship towards Junko. I cannot imange them taking Junkos Goo like eye, arm and all that crazy stuff.
There was no crazy love for Junko only for Despair so why they would take Junko bodyparts is a puzzle to me.

Sidenote i am the only one confused about Izuru erasing his memories of the 77th class + the memories of the class about him?
It complicates the matter about why the all turned themselves in. The assumption was always Izuru acted as lead figure after Junkos fall. But we now know that is not the case. So what is the point of this? The 77th class never saw him or knew anything about him expect Komaeda as far as i understood and even then. The moment they enter the NeoWorldProgramm their memory will also wiped to some degrees/set back to a certain point before they enter Hopes Peak so i really dont get why.

I find it complicated, but sorta plausible for Junko...

As for Monaka....not exactly interaction, but...

They all shared the taste for lighter-like bomb switches?

Junko and the 78th class relationship seemed...nonexistant until the shutting themselves in scene. I was even surprised Mukuro didn't show any appreciation
towards Naegi. But they all spent some time together before the killing game, right? Like 1 year? Maybe that is when she grew feelings for him. Am I correct with the times?

The 77th class didn't think Despair was the greater good, they were actually thinking they were doing good deeds. Unless the subs I was reading were wrong....*wasn't watching the official >,>;;;*

I don't understand the Izuru part. He asked Junko to get his memories erased of that class, but most likely she would erase the Chiaki memory as well. So...how does the order go? At what moment was Chiaki AI created and Izuru's memory erased?
Sep 23, 2016 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
Creepy.
I didn't like how all of them were so happy, even if I know that they were brainwashed already.
Sep 23, 2016 3:42 AM
Jun 2016
TehSnawn said:

It's not whether Juzo knew about the brainwashing or not, I'm saying Junko would've brain washed him if Juzo refused as a back up plan. Even if Juzo decides to go against his word and tell Munakata that Junko is guilty, Chisa immediately came in next and told Munakata that Junko is innocent. That would probably make Munakata unsure if Junko is innocent or not, which will still lead him no where.

She didn't come in immediately next. Juzo got enough time to release anger by frequently punching the bathroom wall, with Munakata thinking about what he said with doubt for a while, and it's due to that doubt as being the reason that he asked Yukizome as well, and even then, it showed him thinking and doubting what she said, but eventually took what they said anyway since he trusted them that much. Munakata did say that he believed that Junko is guilty with almost certainty, after all.

Not to mention that even if Yukizome actually did come in immediately after Juzo supposedly tells Munakata the truth about Junko, I'm pretty sure Juzo will definitely defend that with his experience with her with as much as he can, along with predicting something is wrong with Yukizome when she defends Junko (as I'm pretty sure she'll show signs of that afterwards), as he easily predicted with the other high school students that were with Junko before the fight. I'm confident that even Munakata will eventually predict or look into anything wrong with Yukizome as well, since he definitely wanted Junko apprehended that badly.

As for Izuru, he's practically an observer of the entire series. Everything he does is to watch how it unfolds. His type of character is more interested in watching others do their thing rather than participate. I doubt he would have any desire to want to stop her plans either as he's far more interested in what will happen.

While true, if he didn't side with her, I'm pretty sure that he would have stopped her sooner or later in self-defense since he'll be a victim of Junko's plans as well. We saw him attack both Junko and Mukuro when he was attacked by them, after all.

Also, with the murder of the student council, he still didn't do anything other than having a council member be indirectly killed by him through self defense. He literally just stood there the entire time and the blame was put on him which was part of Junko's plan to have the Reserve Students revolt against Hope Academy. Originally before Despair Arc, it was believed that Izuru had killed the entire student council which was proven false.

Regardless of self defense, the action he had done still helped with her plan. Not to mention with all the talents he had, he definitely would have known about Junko's plan with her putting blame on him, but he just stood there anyway and let her do what she wanted, which is basically helping her. And she framed her as a way to also help convince him that hope is boring and that despair is more interesting.

As for Nagito, Izuru shot him knowing Nagito was lucky because he said something along the lines of "If it's good luck, I have that too". Though it wasn't stated at all and this part is just speculation, Izuru knew that shooting Nagito wouldn't kill him because he knew of Nagito's luck would save him. Izuru only retaliated because Nagito attempted to shoot him, again, in self defense.

Regardless of whether he knew it was going to kill Komaeda or not and, again, whether it was in self-defense or not, what he had done still further assisted Junko and Mukuro. He overall still protected Junko, which shows that he is on her side.

With Junko, I'm sure Izuru did not care if the blame was pinned on him or had any desire to stop her. I truly believe he won't do anything to you until he is physically provoked, otherwise he's just standing there watching. He defended himself against Junko who tried to stab him, that council member who tried to kill him with the chainsaw and Nagito attempting to shoot him.

Well, as I said again, he will likely stop her sooner or later if he wasn't on her side due to being a victim of it as well, since she's aiming for the entire world. Not only that, now that I think about it, but he's the Ultimate Hope while she's the Ultimate Despair. It's gonna happen sooner or later if he wasn't on her side, I believe.

Izuru is just an extremely complex character who is always bored. He only followed Junko around for entertainment, which she promised him in their meeting. You can call him an Ultimate Despair, but he still hasn't done anything at all. Hell, Makoto Naegi is the one who captured Izuru! Of all people, Makoto is the one who confronted Izuru who was just standing around, again, watching everything unfold before him.

Nonetheless, him following Junko around showed that he was interested in what she wanted to show, thus not making him feel like getting in her way at all, and thus being on the side of Despair. Despite how little he has done and no matter how indirectly, he still helped Junko and Mukuro. Not to mention what he tried to do before to Hajime in DR2 and why.
Sep 23, 2016 4:32 AM
Jul 2013
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-22/danganronpa-3-anime-concludes-with-hope-arc-finale-on-september-29/.106778

Glad this announcement came out, otherwise I would have been pissed.

Not much happened except what Izuru is planning. Too bad they didn't even bother showing a glimpse of DR Zero. All we got was a Yasuke Matsuda cameo. it seemed to though that DR Zero just happened before this episode and they didn't bother showing it.

While not much happened, I'm glad that they made a proper conclusion (even though timeline wise, there are still continuities to be fixed). I'm sad though that Chisa in the end didn't get to have a redeeming factor and just completely became despair. It ruined the character for me a bit. Unless she actually faked her death, she has no chance of becoming more likable.

Speaking of likable characters, This anime ruined Mukuro for me. All throughout, she's been super masochistic to Junko, not to mention DAT LINE: "Isn't he just some loser". DAT FREAKIN' LINE. i know DR IF is not canon but come on, I really grew to like Mukuro in that one even if she was despair. I wanna reread DR IF now.

The part about Izuru really makes me question whether his involvement in the Neo World Program is just the virus or if he did way more than that. Thinking about it now, our assumption that AI Chiaki was made by Chihiro was grounded on her FTE, Alter Ego's presence, and Chihiro's contributions apparently being used for the Program. While Chihiro may have created Alter Ego, it's possible that someone else created Chiaki. All the things that Chiaki heard about "his father" were all hearsays. Alter Ego didn't really say anything about Usami and AI Chiaki except that they were the Observers. There are many implications that Chiaki may have been made by Chihiro but in the end those are merely implications (it's just like how it seemed that Juzo liked Chisa when he really liked Munakata. The same thing can be said about all the ship wars going on in these series when we don't actually know who likes who). So maybe, just maybe someone else created AI Chiaki (like Izuru).

Pride- said:
equanternal272 said:
dammit, I still have so many questions and none were answered in the episode.

What questions?.
Who is Miaya Gekkogahara? (I still don't what class she was in. Also, she supposedly created the Neo World Program. She has to have a bigger role other than just being killed by Monaca.)

What led to the creation of AI Chiaki? (this wasn't originally a big question until episode 8 where Chiaki's death flag started becoming massive. Currently speculating the circumstances behind it)

Who is the 13th branch leader of Future Foundation? (while it's possible that he/she could be the 16th participant, it could also be Hagakure or Togami. I mean, all the leaders are supposedly gathered there EXCEPT for the 13th one, which made me curious on why which then again Tengan seemed to not expect Ryota coming. Asahina is also 13th branch member so I believe that there has to be a link. After this episode though, I'm starting to think that it was actually Izuru who was the leader and he came calling himself Hinata Hajime. Chisa would've been chill. The only problem is Tengan who knew Hajime. Unless he is legit evil and despair, there would be a problem with this theory)

Why does Tengan know so much about the game? (My question since Future episode 4 and people are finally mentioning the problem in the second to the last episode of Future. makes me so glad that there is a Hope Arc)
Sep 23, 2016 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
4Dissinity said:
Riveon said:

There are also people who are in charge of Hope Academy, that would cover even Hitler holocaust. Mitarai who thought that playing with people minds is a good idea and class 77 that after seeing one of their strongest warriors wounded decided that is completly fine for all of them to go look for Chisa.
Sep 23, 2016 4:35 AM
Jul 2013
Riveon said:
4Dissinity said:

There are also people who are in charge of Hope Academy, that would cover even Hitler holocaust. Mitarai who thought that playing with people minds is a good idea and class 77 that after seeing one of their strongest warriors wounded decided that is completly fine for all of them to go look for Chisa.
This is why I suspended my disbelief when watching the anime. Knew there was gonna be BS.
Sep 23, 2016 4:40 AM
Jun 2016
Riveon said:
4Dissinity said:

Oh. Unless that's just how his ability naturally is (which then he can't do anything about), you do have a point about Mitarai (though he was wanting to do it for good intentions, but still. You have a point). You also have a point about the Hope Academy covering something so important up, although Class 77, I wouldn't really call as being stupid, as they were just doing it out of concern for the teacher they love so much, and believed that if they all went in together, they would have had a chance, and it failed since none of them knew that Tsumiki is part of the Despairs, who separated Chiaki and intentionally led everyone else to a trap.
Sep 23, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
the last episode wasn't bad but needed a lot of clarifying ..Who is the real mastermind ? is it Tangen or someone else , What happened to the survivors ? will be there next arc or what ?

Sep 23, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2016
Man, people sure are letting their disappointment control them...

4/10 just because of some brainwashing plot device?

4/10 just because the 77th class was not the focus of the story?

People are deeming the show as bad just because of one or two things...Just because they let their expectations go sky high and antecipated things that were clearly impossible, specially for a 11ep story, like seriously, you people should've predicted it a mile away, and one doesnt need to be Izuru to predict this, you all brought your own disappointment upon yourselves...
HyperLSep 24, 2016 3:36 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 23, 2016 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
Beautiful despair, Junko really enjoys her game. I enjoyed this side alot, it didn't seem like there was to much to offer with the school and slice of life atmosphere but then despair started creeping in an entertaining way. one of my summer '16 anime top 4

Sep 23, 2016 5:43 AM

Sep 2016
Felt like a bit was lacking here, but overall, I enjoyed this ending. Not bad. Wanted a satisfying ending and this didn't disappoint.

I rate this anime a 7.
Sep 23, 2016 5:52 AM
Apr 2016
I think that DR0 fits after the intro of the chapter 11 and before the graduation.
The intro start with the return of sakakura and yukizome in the same day of the brainwashing and nanami death, but after this scene there a time jump because junko is already wearing the uniform of DR0 and to this form DR0 fits perfectly, also in DR0 class 77th is already in despair, teruteru is a clear example of this.
ToshibeSep 23, 2016 5:55 AM
Sep 23, 2016 6:05 AM

Feb 2010
Tbh i love this series (so many Junko omg i didn't ecpect her to be a main focus at first) well true so many questions unanswered and timeline (exp. DR0) seems like a mess but there's still Kibou-hen... and people complain about brainwashing are just ridiculous... overall i give this 9/10.

I enjoyed this series so much.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 23, 2016 6:10 AM

May 2016
Munakata got it hard with the double deception ,_,

Seeing the new Remnants of Despair declaring their hopes and dreams really made me shiver...they've reached the point of no return.

Watching every reserve school student killing each other and themselves really was a morbid experience :o

The Gymnast's boobs got bigger than I remembered, too. I now conclude that a potential side effect of Despair is a rack upgrade.

The memory erasing explained how Junko got to fortify Hope's Peak and add some mods in a surprisingly short time. I still wonder how they do it, though.

Mitarai must've washed off somewhere lol.

We see the Gangster and the Swordswoman conquer the parliament and Gymnast in a ravaged alleyway. I wanted to see more of their sprawl of destruction, like what they were doing in the Future Arc's beginning... *-*

The Chiaki simulation was so cute desu~ Her desus are cute af desu~ It was also sad as hell seeing Hinata looking back at the happiness they could've experienced together...

The Arcs' conclusion gets released next week. I wonder how they'll execute the merging of Future and Despair in the Hope Arc. Perhaps finally explaining what Jabberwock Island was all about.

Sep 23, 2016 6:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So what is Kibou-hen going to be exactly? I mean given that we literally saw the beginning of DR2 at the end of this episode
Sep 23, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
In a way all the despair were victim were junko..... truly an amazing episode....it shows how Junko was effective in attaining despair... I couldn't help to feel bad How nanami was used for all of this
Sep 23, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
Well, it could have been better? It could.
I'm totally cool with the brainwashing, specially because DR has a lot of brain messing techniques plot devices and it was pretty much hinted in the second game, so yeah, no surprises here. But, I think they could've made Junko meet the 77th class at least, stalk them a little, interact with them, like throwing some shade at Fuyuhiko and Peko about Natsumi, controlling Mikan (the most vulnerable in my opinion) a little bit more before using her as an experiment.
But, forcing them to watch Chiaki's torture and brainwashing them with it was pretty sadistic, just like I would expect from Junko. Aaaaaand seeing the results, I really liked how disturbing they were...like they were seeing things differently from what they were doing...cool effect.
They just skipped DR0 entirely. I think maybe showing Junko planning it, like scribbling in a notebook, and then showing a bloody Ryoko Otonashi over Matsuda's body, maybe saying "I'm baaaack!!!" to Mukuro, just to make sure it was a time skip would've been better. A little scene, 3 minutes, just because it got kinda weird.
Other thing that would've been better was showing what was inside the 77th class minds while they were being brainwashed, like they did with Naegi. Of course, small scenes or just some images, because we have 16 characters XD
Overall I really enjoyed this anime, this episode was cool, seeing everything going down. Izuru was AMAZING this episode, now we know that he never really was despair or hope, he wanted to see what he couldn't predict. That last scene with Chiaki and Hinata, oh man, ARE THE SHIPPERS SALTY OVER TUMBLR? OH YEAH THEY ARE! LOOOOL
It would be 8,5/10 for me, but I'm giving a freaking 10 because what is more despair inducing than making the haters drown into a sea of salt pupupupu~ <3
(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Sep 23, 2016 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
Every single second of Chisa on-screen became really annoying.

Oh well. At least Izuru´s motives now make sense to me and last despair-arc´s crying scene does not feel like a forced addition to the story.

Anyways, my only gripe about the story (other than the despairification process) is that I wanted to see why and how such a masochistic and sociopathic siscon bitch like Mukuro took an interest in Naegi, which is noticeable in DR0 and not only IF. Because they are both losers and she felt a sort of connection born on common grounds plus Naegi´s stupidly optimistic behaviour and MC aura? Not sure if I buy that.
BloodriverSep 23, 2016 8:32 AM
Sep 23, 2016 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
Nouruninn165 said:
Pride- said:

The game told us that they were brainwashed.
What Plot holes?

Dude, it is brainwashing WITH ANIME as A Clockwork Orange Ludovico technique. How is that not funny?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 23, 2016 9:01 AM
Apr 2016
Bloodriver said:

Oh well. At least Izuru´s motives now make sense to me and last despair-arc´s crying scene does not feel like a forced addition to the story.

Anyways, my only gripe about the story (other than the despairification process) is that I wanted to see why and how such a masochistic and sociopathic siscon bitch like Mukuro took an interest in Naegi, which is noticeable in DR0 and not only IF. Because they are both losers and she felt a sort of connection born on common grounds plus Naegi´s stupidly optimistic behaviour and MC aura? Not sure if I buy that.

Mukuro only helps her sister only because she love her, she only want her happiness.
DR if and DR:zero explain her relation with junko.
She don´t like that junko be unhappy, Mukuro likes her classmate because them are a new experience and she live new things, from kids she always past her time with things related the world of soldiers but after that she enters to HPA, she meet with another world.
But how her sister is the most important things in the live, she always gave her priority to her.

Sorry my english.
Sep 23, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
The only despair in this anime ended up from the audience side after watching this Kojima-level of hack.

What a fucking trainwreck, bad pacing, character assassination all over the place and over-use of plot decides. DR setting was always pretty stupid (lol dis-pair apocalypse), but Kodaka really managed to not only to ruin several characters but also make it even more dumb than already was.

Sep 23, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2012

MEME DESPAIR APOCALYPSE

Sep 23, 2016 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Since my internet is quite slow and due to the blackout in Puerto Rico and my internet being quite ups and downsies, I will make this relatively short.

The final episode of Despair-Arc wasn't all that bad, it actually gives a much bigger connection towards Izuru's motive or at least what I believe here, since it seems more like he wants to see which one is the least predictable. Because you know, predictable means boring sometimes? That's what I can get here.

My only issue with the series is basically some of the few things were left unfinished and a few left unexplained in some way, a bit of the pacing was off at the finale imo, while I do think everything will tie in Kibou-hen, probably. I mean its supposed to be the closure for the entire series so I would like to see how it goes, so basically I don't really take this as an actual finale, more like the beginning of everything.

Overall my score for Despair-Arc will be an 8 as usual. I actually enjoyed it, probably the most enjoyable series I had this season along with Mirai-hen and a few others.
Sep 23, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:

4/10 just because the 78th class was not the focus of the story?

People are deeming the show as bad just because of one or two thing...Just because they let their expectations go sky high and antecipated thing that were clearly impossible, specially for a 11ep story, like seriously, you people should've predicted it a mile away, and one doesnt need to be Izuru to predict this, you all brought your own disappointment upon yourselves...

At this point I wouldn't be surprised, even though I was excited and although I did expected this I wasn't disappointed in the slightest amount. People just go on a high expectations of "Muh complex writing." I admit that it's not as great compared to the games, but it's not a bad thing either. I actually think this was pretty solid.
Sep 23, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2016
Jin - "If the next generation of hope can survive, then the world can start over again. That's the idea that Hope's Academy was originally founded on."
Tengan - "It's a bitter irony... It took all of this for us to finally realize that. I won't stop you. I entrust the school to you, headmaster."

That's what struck me the most, to be honest.
Sep 23, 2016 11:35 AM

May 2016
So... This was the last episode?
Sep 23, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
Manecleis said:
Jin - "If the next generation of hope can survive, then the world can start over again. That's the idea that Hope's Academy was originally founded on."
Tengan - "It's a bitter irony... It took all of this for us to finally realize that. I won't stop you. I entrust the school to you, headmaster."

I wanna confirm if that is the official sub. Some phrases were a bit confusing to me (English is not my main language, by the way), so I was lost at some parts.

I also didn't understand Kizakura's joke that made Jin look angry. But the way it was worded made me ponder if that was translated correctly.
Sep 23, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Manecleis said:

I wanna confirm if that is the official sub. Some phrases were a bit confusing to me (English is not my main language, by the way), so I was lost at some parts.

I also didn't understand Kizakura's joke that made Jin look angry. But the way it was worded made me ponder if that was translated correctly.

Nope, it's not the official sub. I think it's a fan translation (the future #7 AKA "google it up shitlord" type).
Sep 23, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
Poor Juzo, all he ever wanted was to fantasize about giving Munakata head

As for the series itself? It was good fanservice, but for something that's supposed to be a "legitimate" addition to the series, I was expecting more.

+1 for the SDR2 scene at the end, makes me wanna replay the game again.

5/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 23, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2015
Eh I won't lie, this episode left me disappointed in a few things but it was still a solid series in the end

I'll wait and see how the Hope arc ends up being like

Bloodriver said:

Yeah now that I think about it, it would be nice if the anime expanded on that more as well

Mukuro came off as a plot device to enable Junko's shenanigans rather than a real character

And I'd like if the anime cleared up a few things about Miaya Gekkogahara, who really created AI Chiaki and so on...
Sep 23, 2016 1:27 PM

Apr 2016
I think Future arc is officially superior to despair arc.

The reason I didn't really enjoy despair arc is not because the whole brainwashing thing.I think that turned out JUST okay sure it's kinda a cheap way to explain the corruption but still better than only manipulation.Seriously ever since the remnants of despair reveal in SDR2 this has been bugging me.How the hell on earth people like them become pure evil I mean dog nasty evil with JUST manipulation I've always thought there had to be an extra push something more to it.

Honestly the worst part of this series was definitely pacing.It was sooo bad to the point some episodes were plain BORING because of bad pacing.

We needed character development for Chisa Juzo Munakata Junko Mukuro and Izuru the rest already got theirs thanks to SDR2.Only Mukuro and Izuru's development were disappointing the rest were mostly fine.

Overall as a big fan of the series I wasn't dissapointed at the twists or reveals(Well with some exceptions.).I was disappointed at the fact that execution could've been better.Like way better.

That's why Future arc is kinda superior atm I know it's not a masterpiece but it really lived up to most of my expectations.The only episode I'm disappointed in is ultra despair girls which was a terrible episode.
JGUS-Sep 23, 2016 1:47 PM
Sep 23, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
Intense_ said:
I think Future arc is officially superior to despair arc.

The reason I didn't really enjoy despair arc is not because the whole brainwashing thing.I think that turned out JUST okay sure it's kinda a cheap way to explain the corruption but still better than only manipulation.Seriously ever since the remnants of despair reveal in SDR2 this has been bugging me.How the hell on earth people like them become pure evil I mean dog nasty evil with JUST manipulation I've always thought there had to be an extra push something more to it.

Honestly the worst part of this series was definitely pacing.It was sooo bad to the point some episodes were plain BORING because of bad pacing.

We needed character development for Chisa Juzo Munakata Junko Mukuro and Izuru the rest already got theirs thanks to SDR2.Only Mukuro and Izuru's development were disappointing the rest were mostly fine.

Overall as a big fan of the series I wasn't dissapointed at the twists or reveals(Well with some exceptions.).I was dissapointed at the fact that execution could've been better.Like way better.

That's why Future arc is kinda superior atm I know it's not a masterpiece but it really lived up to most of my expectations.The only episode I'm disappointed in is ultra despair girls which was a terrible episode.

Yeah I definitely feel the Future arc is superior right now

Despair arc had a really bad problem of pacing and character development for some characters, as you said. For example, I would like if the arc detailed a little more of Junko's relationship with Matsuda and so on

Mukuro's free time events in DR1 shows that she was having some doubts regarding her sister's plan, I think it would be cool if that was set up in this anime as well

Izuru's development I thought it was fine but I wanted to see Chisa as a despair more, to get a grasp of how she is like. I really wanted a confirmation if she was the Monokuma maid or not
Sep 23, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Manecleis said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Nope, it's not the official sub. I think it's a fan translation (the future #7 AKA "google it up shitlord" type).

Ah, I see, thanks. That phrase also caught my attention, but decided to not think too much into it until the official subs are out to confirm it.

I had a bad experience with the Spanish subs of this series, some of the phrases gave a completely different sense to the situations, it made me rewatch what I just had rewatched. It was despairing.
Sep 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Apr 2016
HyperL said:

4/10 just because the 78th class was not the focus of the story?

People are deeming the show as bad just because of one or two things...Just because they let their expectations go sky high and antecipated things that were clearly impossible, specially for a 11ep story, like seriously, you people should've predicted it a mile away, and one doesnt need to be Izuru to predict this, you all brought your own disappointment upon yourselves...

Yeah, with many that I've been reading, I'm beginning to find this true. People were expecting much, much too much from this, and often from Mirai-hen as well.

Not that I'm saying that they cannot make complaints. That's totally fine. I'm not that much of a Danganronpa fangirl, but goodness.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.