Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 8, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2008
Sure seems like there are an awful lot of people who have read the novel for it not being translated (and yes, I know there are people on here who can read Japanese).
May 8, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
zal said:
@KoreaWS Thank you

@Jagd84 Thank you but that last statement was a bit uncalled for.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to offed with that hint.
May 8, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2010
Aeluriel said:
I actually had a bit of Higurashi vibes towards the end, the good kind ofc, and not to compare the series or anything. Things are really starting to pick up!

KoreaWS said:

What is this jacket made of?

^I think that has to do with the way the jacket was used. Think of how it's difficult to slice a string that's floating freely in the air as opposed to slicing it when the string is held still and stretched.

Somewhat correct, but Subaru was using the jacket to redirect force of of the ball.
May 8, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
I fucking new it! Rem had something to do with this shit! I'm so hyped for the nxt episode now, I can't wait!
May 8, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2009
Rem is so adorable I did not expect her at all.

Is it because of jelousy ? Previous eps, Subaru talked with Rem more so the previous killer is Ram and this eps Subaru talked with Ram more so this eps killer is Rem. Nope, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.
May 8, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
WOW, didn't expect it to be Rem...was on the line of Ram.
The twins interaction is fun to watch.
Now, I wonder what will happen next...too good!
May 8, 2016 5:43 PM
Jan 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Aeluriel said:
I guess somehow Subaru has some moves up his sleeves despite being a seemingly average-athletic guy, with a strong mindset~

He spends his free time working out because he has nothing better to do. He's stated this several times in the early episodes.

Yeah I knew that, but just working out doesn't mean you suddenly know how to defend against an enemy that has the strength to throw a heavyweight spikeball at the speed of fastball xD
hence "has moves up his sleeves."
May 8, 2016 5:45 PM
Dec 2014
Did anyone else notice that the Jealous Witch as depicted by the story book is almost the same as that really creepy figure that flashes briefly in the opening at about 9secs into it?

Just me?

Ok.
May 8, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah that was expected. It couldn't have been anyone else except a new character that killed him. Shoot, I want to figure out why Rem is trying to kill him though :(
May 8, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2015
Somehow it cringe me when people said Jealous Witch instead of Witch of Envy. Damn it translators.

Satella is called "shitto no majo" which is literally mean Witch of Jealousy or Witch of Envy. With context of the story, Witch of Envy makes better sense of name for Satella.

May 8, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2014
OniiChanStopThat said:
But this time he decided to freeload for a bit, and then decided to leave. If he's leaving doesn't that make it seem less suspicious? Why would they still execute him?

IMO, I'd be more suspicious, because that's the normal behavior of a spy. Sneak in, get info, leave asap. A spy wouldn't overstay after getting their needed information.
May 8, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
Jagd84 said:
Lohuydahutt said:

So... asking about the curses and looking around for chains=0 investigation now? Maybe I was doing something wrong during math class...

At this point some people clearly aren't watching same the epiosde as majorly of us, at least ones who need to be spoon fed Subaru looking for something every minute to know that he investigating the killer using his knowledge of the future to plan his actions and reduce the number of suspects.

It's faceplam inducing.

He asked around curses. It took ~3 minutes. So he spent 3 minutes asking about curses out of the ~5760 minutes he had since he last died.

The facepalm inducing thing was when he said he will not view his life as a throwaway life... Yet that's what he did. He could have explained the situation to whatsherface and Puck. They could have devised a plan together, they could have narrowed down the list of suspects, and so on.

This story was written by a 9 year old kid.
May 8, 2016 6:07 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I always love seeing Emilia-tan's smile. <3 But that ending! Wow.... It's Rem who attacked Subaru. I'm so shocked right now that my brain still couldn't process what I have just witnessed...
May 8, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2014
d388 said:

He could have explained the situation to whatsherface and Puck. They could have devised a plan together, they could have narrowed down the list of suspects, and so on.

Uhhh yeah... about the plan devising.... the author didn't wanted to add trust issues, intrigue and all that cool stuff that you get from psychlogical thrillers, and instead he makes it magically impossible (or technically, magically difficult without the MC suffering). You will see it on the next chapter, but if you wanna spoil yourself
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 8, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2015
d388 said:
Jagd84 said:

At this point some people clearly aren't watching same the epiosde as majorly of us, at least ones who need to be spoon fed Subaru looking for something every minute to know that he investigating the killer using his knowledge of the future to plan his actions and reduce the number of suspects.

It's faceplam inducing.

He asked around curses. It took ~3 minutes. So he spent 3 minutes asking about curses out of the ~5760 minutes he had since he last died.

The facepalm inducing thing was when he said he will not view his life as a throwaway life... Yet that's what he did. He could have explained the situation to whatsherface and Puck. They could have devised a plan together, they could have narrowed down the list of suspects, and so on.

I really feel like you are the 9 year old kid.
Why do authors like to create problems in their stories? Why would the MC always make the perfect decisions and never encounter any danger or problem?

Actually, I'm feeling like I am a genius ALIEN being with an infinite IQ looking down at monkeys and laughing and them.

Dumbass.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 8, 2016 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
d388 said:

Actually said he's sacrificing this iteration to see the identity of the killer, he knows he's most likely not going to win this loop since the killer has advantage, but he's not just going hand his life over without a fight. I thought should have been fairy clear.

Besides the only 9 year old thing around here is your concept of time. By your logic the events of today's episode didn't happen over a 5 day period but in 25 mins.

Since you haven't realized it, what we are seeing are only a small glimpse of notable events over each loop not the entire of them. The story doesn't proceed in a direct linear fashion as we skip over multiple days or hours. The point of showing these scenes (Subaru investigating about curses, searching for clues about the killer's weapon and studying at night) is to give you overall look at what he's been constantly doing until the 5th day. I don't why you keep missing this but the whole plan was to leave the 5th day in advance to draw out the killer. Up till then he has been learning what he could on the two cues he found. All the other conversations weren't even initially by him, but by others what to talk to him, so he's not going out of his way to speak to them

How about you criticize less and think a little more before you do?
Iron_MawMay 8, 2016 7:22 PM
May 8, 2016 6:23 PM

Nov 2014
beast_regards said:
Drake1000 said:
The MC makes some really questionable decisions, his goal should be to do everything to prevent him from being killed but no he's just hanging around with everyone living there and hitting on Emilia, he better succeed the next time since he's probably gonna die against blue maid, he's retarded enough already as it is.

In other words, he tries to play Dark Souls like dating simulator and doesn't even realize he is doing in wrong.
this time, his goal is finding out the identity of the killer, not skipping steps ahead and trying to kill the killer without knowing who they are and/or what their abilities are. That's a suicidal move. What he did is doing things step by step. 1. find out who the killer is and their abilities. 2. find ways to counter their moves. 3. defeat the killer. in a game if you skip all the way to the boss level, you'd lose too.
May 8, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
This episode has so much symbolism and foreshadowing that it looks like Ikuhara and Shinbou teamed up to direct this episode....

...well I'm not complaining, but it's a tad boring episode considering the twist is what I predicted and it's a very similar episode to the last one, except it's with Ram instead. That father joke with Puck is a good joke though.

Eh, at least we got foreshadowing for Emilia's past and a possible source of Subaru's power which is good. Now only if they could reveal a bit of hint on what's happening with Felt after Reinhard took her away.... probably wouldn't happen until we hit summer season huh....

On a side note, Redo's full version is bloody amazing. I wonder if Konomi intentionally makes awesome songs if the anime has an isekai theme in it.
Wind_God_GirlMay 8, 2016 6:27 PM
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 8, 2016 6:25 PM

Mar 2011
d388 said:

Dude, he also spent his time learning that world's language (reading and writting). He is not wasting his life. Plus, asking Beatrice about stuff is tricky because she has low temper (and Subaru's personality also does not help the cause either) and always throw the guy away. The writer made them with such personalities to not reveal everything in one episode. You get a few hints about the murders while exploring the character's relations and world building. I'm happy this is not another rushed story and instead it takes it's time to bloom.
May 8, 2016 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
Well thats one way to wake up
May 8, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
was somewhat expecting when he was holding the chain ball for another one to come flying in and it be both the twins.

and is it me or are there even more LN readers than before
May 8, 2016 7:11 PM

Aug 2012
Seriously I didn't expect it to be Rem but I like the theory of others that it is Ram in the previous one. Still I can't think any reason behind there doings

I started to like beatrice in this episode :3

This episode felt so fast.
May 8, 2016 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
Cmterio said:
MeowingtonsHax said:
I see you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Didint notice that, lol!

that was ram's reflection in the window. and because window reflects the opposite, the hair covered her 'left' eye like does rem. beside, the eye is red
AnimeMagnitude said:
This episode just proves that it's not a simple mystery drama like certain "mystery" anime even though it's not even tagged as a mystery.

you mean mayoiga right?
May 8, 2016 7:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anyone who didn't see one of the sisters coming hasn't seen very many anime loooooolll

i mean, just the fact that the blue haired sister wasn't getting much screen time made it pretty obvious
EcchiGodMamsterMay 8, 2016 7:39 PM
May 8, 2016 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
beast_regards said:
OniiChanStopThat said:
What I don't understand is that in the first two cycles, he overstayed his welcome, was considered to be a spy, and then murdered in the night. Ok. Fine.

But this time he decided to freeload for a bit, and then decided to leave. If he's leaving doesn't that make it seem less suspicious? Why would they still execute him?

No matter what he does, it always leads to exactly some conflict, he can only change a variables slightly or make circumstances marginally different, but conflict cannot be entirely avoided. It seems like he goes through a scripted encounter and only thing he can do is to merely try to enter the fight slightly more prepared than before, but it is impossible to avoid it completely. It doesn't seems to be possible to avoid fight with Elsa, same goes with strange twin maids.

Idk don't think there are grounds for that to be true. In the first loop he never tried to avoid going to the loot house and i doubt that elsa would have tracked him down to kill him for no reason. I think that after already becoming involved he has no way of clearing himself of suspicion, so in this case the hit on him is unavoidable.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
May 8, 2016 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
Subaru can't catch a break, poor guy... I thought it would be one off the maids waving that spike ball(forgot the name) last ep, cause it's implied they are Oni? But still can't figure why though. He didn't get sick this time, I think the dog infect him when he was bitten, since he this time didn't show the symptoms, but it feels somewhat simple or maybe there is more into it.
May 8, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
Drake1000 said:
LoneWizard said:
Remember the words he keep saying at least 5 times each episode:He does everything for Emilia's smile...He knows he will revive when he dies,he does not want to die anyways but he cares about saving his fantasy world heroine more than his own life...So if saving his life means losing Emilia or having a bad future with her i am pretty positive he might even consider suicide...

Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer,and he cant do anything to investigate against a target he has no idea about...

You might not be able to relate to him but at least understand the guys resolve :/

>He knows he will revive when he dies
He shouldn't be so sure about it tbh, why does he assume he has an infinite set of revives? that's just wrong, how does he know that? why doesn't he think that maybe idk, it might just run out someday. He doesn't know how his power works fully, nothing is certain with that kind of thing. Did God descend from the heavens and told him that he has infinite revives?
>Also he is way too naive to seriously consider anyone from that house to be the killer
There's no room for naivety when you're about to fucking die
>He does everything for Emilia's smile
There's no room for love when you're about to fucking die.

He stated in the episode that he wasn't going to treat this life as a throwaway life because he doesn't know how many chances he'll get.
Therefore, let's say he upped his investigation game. HE'd make himself even more suspicious and they might kill him earlier and what if he doesn't revive?

I'd love to hear about what your "investigation" process would be
The haters for this series are just a broken record at this rate
"WHY DOESNT SUBARU DO THIS"
*He does it next episode*
"WHY DIDNT HE DO IT WELL ENOUGH*
im srry u dont have ur perfect main character who can easily adapt to a situation and go super detective mode.
(Not to say the series doesn't have any faults such as it's pacing sometimes is a bit too slow and maybe some direction choices, tone shift too abrupt, etc but yeesh.)
YuzurynMay 8, 2016 8:00 PM
May 8, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
Good stuff. I was getting a bit bored. Even though it was again not that fast paced I enjoyed it. There were a few interesting developments and the build up to the ''event'' that is going to happen soon according to the LN readers is pretty incredible actually.
May 8, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Goddamnit as much as I liked Rem I decided that with the exception of Puck (who definitely can do no evil in my eyes) no one would be forgiven for killing Subaru! DAMNIT HOW CAN YOU KILL SUBARU HE'S AWESOME. MY POOR BOY. DAMN YOU REM HOW COULD YOU! YOU BROKE HIS KOKORO T-T
May 8, 2016 8:18 PM

Nov 2014
block1 said:
My prediction is Roswaal thought Subaru was a spy and ordered he be killed.
That's what I thought, but I think Roswaal has nothing to do with it.

May 8, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2010
@Yuzuryn

I was actually about to make a similar post regarding the same observation, but yeah it's basically a freaking circus at this point. Subaru more or less everything in his at one point, but goalposts are always being moved no matter what. At this point it's just charade of dishonesty and stupidity. It's gotten pretty old at this point.
May 8, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
Yuzuryn said:
The haters for this series are just a broken record at this rate
"WHY DOESNT SUBARU DO THIS"
*He does it next episode*
"WHY DIDNT HE DO IT WELL ENOUGH*
im srry u dont have ur perfect main character who can easily adapt to a situation and go super detective mode.

If he did go super saiyan detective mode, they'd complain about him being Gary Stu XD
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
May 8, 2016 9:51 PM

Aug 2011
From last week interaction, I was thinking that it was Ram who was the killer but for this week to see that it's Rem is a little surprising even though I had some suspicion that it was her. I really have to wonder if last week killer was really Rem. I mean, remember that wonderful smile she gave....then to turn out to be the killer? Naw.... I believe Ram and Rem switch roles as the killer depending on the amount of interaction they both have with our MC.

What you think? A crazy theory that sounds just plausible to be true?
May 8, 2016 9:56 PM
Aug 2015
wow i can't imagine rem killing subaru last time, especially after they got all close and stuff ;-;

i'm guessing that ram cut off her horns or something to become closer with humans? why doesn't she want subaru to tell rem the red and blue ogre story?
May 8, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Well, my first impression about the twins is one of them is the killer. I thought it was Roswal's order-- I had this idea during that episode when Ram was on Roswal's lap.

Then I shifted to, Rem is most likely the killer-- but my reasoning for this was out of jealousy. During his training in becoming a butler we see Subaru getting friendly with her and Ram giving some suspicious glance on the two, particularly the mc.

This feeling intensified during their conversation which went like:
Rem: Demons, do you like them?
Then MC said something like demons are better than god when you rant to them about your problems.
At which point Rem smiled-- I took it as a hint that he is somehow part demon.Also that smile, the one before the million volts smile, is like a something bad will happen flag.

-=-

If anyone has a link for spoilers, can you please give it to me? I tried searching with tags " re zero spoiler" and I always arrive at reddit thread abut episode discussion. I like to spoil myself on anime shows, it makes me enjoy it better.
May 8, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
Noooo she can't be the killer! At least it's blue maid and not pink maid, pink maid is cuter. But I can't believe it's one of them!
May 8, 2016 10:18 PM
Nov 2013
Was not expecting Rem to be the attacker. Glad it's not Ram, cause that's my waifu right there <3
May 8, 2016 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
I'll be honest I thought Ram to be the one instead of Rem. I thought Ram was the one sitting on the owner of the house's lap. Maybe Rem does all the dirty work. She's the blue troll/ogre and Ram is the red one. Also that same story was in Ore Monogatari.
May 8, 2016 10:40 PM

Jun 2014
When asked who he would befriend, he picked both. However, in each life, he only gets close to one. only in the first life did he gt equal time with both, and he died in his sleep.

If he gets close to one, the other kills him out of jealously? That's what I think.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 8, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2015
This is definitely the funniest post I saw the author ever posted on twitter.

"Sorry, if I broke your heart"

Because we know he's not. Well... sometimes he does... but not this time.

May 8, 2016 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
It was obvious who the killer was, but now we can get to the why.
May 8, 2016 11:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus, he still has his grocery bag.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 8, 2016 11:14 PM

May 2015
I feel like Subaru being a house guest was the wrong choice that he choose.

Ram and Rem called him "guest" for 4 days. Instead of Barusu and Subaru-kun.

So even if Subaru survived, he will never be close to Ram and Rem again. Damn it Subaru. You chose the wrong route! Go die and reload!
May 8, 2016 11:43 PM

Aug 2015
I really, really hope Subaru isn't killed by Rem in this scenario, I want to him to live, and have everyone in the mansion to see that Rem was trying to kill Subaru, can't wait for next weeks episode.
May 9, 2016 12:32 AM
Feb 2016
because Rem is guarding Roswaal from the outsiders, including those poison that makes Subaru vomit to death
May 9, 2016 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
damn, i didn't expect that, hope they can explain why rem do something like that in the next episode!! :D
May 9, 2016 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
So, Re, is the killer? Not that unexpected, still a nice reveal. The story of the ogres must made Ram remember some things of her past with Rem, seeing that the colour of the ogres are the same as their hair.

Also, gotta admire Subaru for still being optismistic after dying so many times in many horrible ways.
May 9, 2016 1:55 AM

May 2014
Damn it I knew it was one of the maids and yet I was shocked.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 9, 2016 2:18 AM

Oct 2012
I wonder what would happen if he had hidden himself inside of Betty's secluded room for the night.
May 9, 2016 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
ttcchen said:
IMO, I'd be more suspicious, because that's the normal behavior of a spy. Sneak in, get info, leave asap. A spy wouldn't overstay after getting their needed information.

This doesn't explain why they took him, if they suspected him from being a spy in the first place. Would they still try to kill him if he quits as soon as wakes up? It seems that conflict is unavoidable.

Mich666 said:
I wonder what would happen if he had hidden himself inside of Betty's secluded room for the night.

She wouldn't let him. Even though, Betty seems to be a good friend to have as she is actually aware of the loops. She is only person so far that remembers encounters that happen in previous loops. Or can be the worst enemy just the same. Sadly, she is also hard to deal with.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1170 by Lejy0nr »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

725 by motakku »»
May 17, 5:36 PM

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.