Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 14, 2016 5:31 PM
Oct 2011
Awesome show!

Looking forward to a second watch with the dub.

Melvin117 said:
Kanno Yugo did another great job after Psycho-pass for the tracks. HOW CAN YOU NOT BE HYPED FOR NEXT EPISODE with the godly track??!!
MiyanoM's "how close you are" is one of my favourite ED of the winter season. His vocal is the best among the male seiyuus, and on par with Nana IMO.

Yes! Totally echo this, I had a good feeling about the music right after seeing the trailers and that he was involved following his great work on Psycho-Pass. The soundtrack is fantastic and that track is so damned amazing and pure hype. In addition to the great ED, I also really loved the OP.
Apr 15, 2016 9:25 AM
May 2012
Well, I'll wait for the movies and the OVAs.
I'll read the Manga someday. It was a nice watch.
Apr 15, 2016 7:30 PM
Aug 2015
Did anyone else realize the woman who was sheltering him was not frozen by his voice? She didn't react to it at all. They said it would do less if they didn't know the person was an Ajin or knew them well. She was aware of what he was, and had just met him. Either they overlooked this, or she is Ajin as well.
Apr 16, 2016 12:26 AM

Jan 2015
It should have been 2-cour.

9/10
Apr 16, 2016 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
Very impressed with this adaption. Was amazing, don't know why they changed some of the stuff that happened in the manga this ep but it was still good. Worth it to see Kei in action and to see their reactions when they realised he could use the IBM more than they thought!
haha, Tosaki thought killing them would cancel out the IBM but didn't think about the negated effects of the tranquilizer. They may have had them otherwise depending on the IBM.

Not sure if the 2nd movie will be based on the manga but maybe they should wait a tad for it to get ahead before doing a season 2 (hopefully!!). Would love to get this on dvd.
Apr 16, 2016 9:49 PM
Sep 2014
vanishedyouth said:
Did anyone else realize the woman who was sheltering him was not frozen by his voice? She didn't react to it at all. They said it would do less if they didn't know the person was an Ajin or knew them well. She was aware of what he was, and had just met him. Either they overlooked this, or she is Ajin as well.
Granny is pretty close to Kei, so i dont think his voice wont affect granny too much,
after all, granny is already old, so maybe her hearing is not as good as she used to be
Apr 17, 2016 2:11 AM
Apr 2016
He did not aim his voice at her, the same thing happened with Kai, since he was considering him a friend he did not get affected that badly.
Re:formed
Apr 17, 2016 2:51 AM
Mar 2012
Shimomura's ibm so buff compared to Kei's stick figure.
Weird Kei's walks like a slow drunkard, at least when independently moving. Cool his ibm's quite special. Also able to summon continuously. Loled at the pokemon summon pose.

One of the best horror thrillers I've seen (ya anime horror rarely exists so mostly thriller).
Intensity, mystery builds almost every episode. There's not really any filler feel.
Initial episodes had bad jitters, got smoother later. Assume they'll fix in BD.
Wish more development for Shimomura & side characters, bit bland, & Keito & imouto forgotten. Female newsreporter still there but also side.

Satou & Kei were really memorable.
Satou: respectful as a hardcore gamer, master strategist, but also a psycho sadistic fighter. He defines everything badass. Also hinted S2 about waves 2 & 3 (movie 3 in September).
Kei: "garbage" by imouto. Not surprising some hate him. Character so difficult to grasp that Satou made a few double takes on his judgement. At their last parting he thought Kei/ibm was both too random, and an interesting potential. Being a selfish bastard at start, who names "friends" by number. Many scenes show his self conflicting nature later, to help or not to help the fallen Granny, who ends up being his safe harbor. Since he's morbidly smart, learning about sruvival & ibms. Disturbingly deceptive, apologizing to Satou as his body "moved on its own" to shoot him. Was quite surprised the multiple twists as Kei released Nakano instead of use as bait, a desperate measure where he sides with to take down Satou. A bit late to party, but wave1 was needed to make Kei realize Satou's moves aren't keeping him peaceful. The psychotic selfish genius was lots funner than all the preachy idealistic mcs.

CG: well not the best, mostly ok. Ajin fights were amazing, though hard to see anything at times. CG & creepy/horror themes work well, since it's not going for 2D moe, & ugliness is less an issue. Sides are much uglier than mains, but at least Shimomura looks consistently cute. They animated Kei with a lot of fine fidgety moves, changes in mental state, as his inner conflicts felt real. They probably would skip all that if 2D, since it'd blow their budget.
Recently it seems a trend, where dark/serious anime goes CG (eg Berserker, Gantz), since they won't sell well anyways.
Apr 17, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2015
Wow there has to at least be a continuation from this in the third movie, or better yet, a second season!

10/10 series for me, thoroughly loved it! I am quite biased by the fact that I enjoy supernatural monster thrillers like this series, Tokyo Ghoul and Kiseijuu so yeah. A great watch!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 17, 2016 3:23 AM

Sep 2015
went through my watching list today and noticed that i haven't finished this one. well that is a pretty good example how much i enjoyed this show.

plain unlikeable characters, ugly cgi and a story that was mostly boring with some interesting episodes - that summarizes ajin for me.

i would rate it around 6,5/10

Apr 17, 2016 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
This finale was epic!!! i like this ending especially the fight.
as everyone expected, Nagai's IMB is different. that was really cool imo.
MAN! i just realize how epic the soundtrack is. really loving the soundtrack in this episode especially the fight scene.

DAT cliffhanger tho....the second wave is gonna be fucked up like the first wave huh? but this time Nagai will join the party XD now i want to read the manga more after watching this episode :D then wave 3....he will rule japan...then he opened his eyes. my god! that was scary AF! i got chills after saw he opened his eyes...

really want another season but i guess it's impossible ? i will watch the manga for sure.

overall, really great anime imo. i enjoy it, the fight was awsome. well it was 3D (it was pretty bad 3D/CGI imo) but i already got used to it so i enjoy it despite with 3D/CGI. soundtrack really amazing. characters were BA. 9/10 for this anime. really hoping for second season but.......it can't be helped.

btw....what happened with Kai ?! i'm curious about that right now...
Nagai just ditch him like that and that was the end ?!
YizelTroApr 17, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 18, 2016 4:08 PM

Feb 2015
8/10 i'm glad i waited for it to be on netflix so i could marathon it
Apr 18, 2016 6:41 PM

Jan 2016
Good ending, kinda disappointed because i thought we will see a Satou vs Kei.
tho Satou finally opened his eyes which mean shit is about to get real!

7/10 Good show Great story, i would've given it a higher score if it wasn't for the bad CGI.
Apr 18, 2016 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
This adaptation had its high and low points but overall it was a good adaptation, and might be even better as a standalone if you don't have knowledge of the events in the manga.

Excited for the third movie!
Apr 19, 2016 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
I'm surprised it turned out to be more enjoyable than expected (yes it's because of the cgi that I almost didn't watch it).

My only gripe would be that the MC took the backseat midway through the show and started acting like a twat/locked up the only other character that would've spiced things up a bit. There was no question Satou was gonna get away with everything since the MC wasn't involved at all which made things less exciting. Sure it was cool watching Satou stomp some small fry but Ajin on Ajin combat is much more entertaining since they actually have a fighting chance.

Anyway, interesting series with a very nice ending. Looking forward to a S2 if it ever happens or checking out the manga whenever it finishes.
Apr 19, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
I need moreeee xD
Time to buy the manga
Apr 20, 2016 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
just stop arguing with him, you can see his -_- comments in EVERY discussion post.. yet he still watched it until the end..
I've made the mistake myself :] There's an option to block forum users' posts, I put it to good use.
I have already explained that I watched it until the end because
a) I don't like dropping things and
b) If I hadn't watched it then I wouldn't have been able to form an opinion on it

It's as simple as that
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 21, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2011
Very good! Now I want to buy the manga, luckily it will be published in Brazil on june this year.
Apr 22, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
I must say that I found this series compelling.

It leaves me with an odd sense of a blend between Durarara!! and Zankyou-no-Terror and with a look like Aku no Hana.

I found the range of expressions possible with CG to be very human-like. I've seen this level of expression in few traditional cel films, like Omohide Poro Poro.

That Satou character is quite something. I can identify with him because we're the same generation/age group and because he's a cold calculating schemer who dislikes how the government is treating Aijin people. I get it.

Kei is amazingly intelligent. A true tragic hero.

The end suggests two more seasons. But this one seemed to end short. But then, quality and quantity are often at odds.

Looking forward to more episodes.

There is talk of two movies already released, but I've only seen one out in the wild, Ajin Part 1: Shoudou Movie. Any others coming soon?
Apr 23, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
Intense episode again, didn't expect him to be able to bring out multiple IBM.
The old lady was so chill about the situation, and Satou at the end with another speech, hope this gets a season 2, really enjoyed it.

Apr 23, 2016 3:08 PM
Jun 2010
India worship the ajin eh?
Apr 24, 2016 1:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Enjoyed this series far more than I expected. Well put together, good pacing, awesome villain and not falling prey to the temptation of introducing moe or loli elements to please a certain demographic, but just playing a straight sci-fi action story. Refreshing. Look forward to the continuation of this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2016 9:00 AM
Feb 2012
Regardless of its style of animation, this show deserves a continuation asap.

How awesome a villain is Satou?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
the ost during the chase scene was awesome and he got fucked from the reward money lol serves him right also satou opened his eyes!
Apr 25, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
So, judging from this ending and the key visual for the 2nd movie with the winged IBM, I guess this would be around the middle of the 2nd movie if they follow the same pace they did with 1st movie.

Apr 27, 2016 5:08 AM

Jan 2011
"take over the country"

i think they added actions to make the final episode more exciting, it is welcomed :)

just wish they can use non-cg style like Parasyte, this is one series that benefit from its outstanding source manga
Apr 28, 2016 7:57 AM
Aug 2013
Rasserus Ajin review:

Badass immortals with elemental/golems go head-to-head with a series of incompetent buffoons who leave their main base unguarded and dont communicate or help each other in an epic fight for survival

Whoever said the animation is poor needs to try their hand at animating
Apr 28, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
So in the end they made last episode relatively good even though they let they get away (again, *sigh*).
This uselessness of police and special forces really annoys me. And like in about every shounen MC magically find out his new power right on the verge of being defeated after he had his retrospective moment - not very original twist. I also found it cringeworthy how Tosaki was laughing off at that old weak drunkard when he couldn't even catch two boys before.

All in all this series seems to be good at first but it slipped into depths of shounen mediocrity around its half, with Kei being its weakest link. I also don't like how it was left open-ended for sake of two upcoming movies.

6/10 for some rare good parts and not-too-bad side-characters and here I'm still being generous.
Apr 28, 2016 6:09 PM
Aug 2013
Mich666 said:

All in all this series seems to be good at first but it slipped into depths of shounen mediocrity around its half....

6/10

I agree.. If tranquilizers are so effective, why switch to bullets that have a knockout time of three seconds. It made sanjou's escape moment look laughable because the special forces were so useless.

Its all just to open up another part of the 'action' but really just spoils the immersion for anyone with half a brain. shame really

edit* apparently the manga is better. I think i'll read that and save my soul from the next series. Its not going to change
rasseruApr 28, 2016 6:12 PM
Apr 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Jan 2015
HYPE! They have got to do a second season! Satou's eyes! Nagai Kei has had enough of Satou! Some many IBMs! This was too damn good, it gave me chills!
Apr 29, 2016 3:58 AM

Jan 2016
last night i rewatched Devilman: Yochou Sirene-hen, my god, what a masterpiece in comparison with what is being dumped on us these days, and here we have people praising a shitty show because some dude opened his eyes at the last episode, literally opened his eyes, oh my, gee.
Apr 29, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
Just jumped on this show as a recommendation from a friend and ended up burning through it in a day.

I didn't care for the CGI at first, but the download I found was in 60fps and it really made things look pretty good, especially during the action scenes.

I guess I'll be picking up in the manga, as I really liked this one

8/10

Comic_Sans said:
Lelka_x2TT said:

really? dont like it dont watch
this anime is definitely 1010 as for me...
And how exactly do you expect me to form an opinion about it if I haven't watched it?

Bullshit argument is bullshit

Nah, if an anime is 1/10 I don't watch 13 episodes of the thing.

If there's 4 or 5 1/10 episodes in a row, then I drop the damn show.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting and combined double posts.
ArdanazApr 29, 2016 1:19 PM
Apr 29, 2016 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
Nah, if an anime is 1/10 I don't watch 13 episodes of the thing.

If there's 4 or 5 1/10 episodes in a row, then I drop the damn show.
I'm not you

There's no reason for me to follow the rules you have set up, since I already have my own rules

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazApr 29, 2016 1:19 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 30, 2016 12:51 AM
Jun 2013
So kei is weird. He keeps flipping to caring and not caring. It feels like more that he doesint care so it makes this episode rather jaring to the character. Besides that it was some good build up to the second round and I cant wait to see more. Overall it was a good season.
Apr 30, 2016 9:25 PM

Feb 2013
I'm wondering if I really did miss how normals can see the black-ghosts... if they can't, several episodes did a terrible job of hiding it (including this one).

7/10 (good)
May 3, 2016 7:24 PM

Aug 2007
Sucks that there wasn't really an "ending." The second half of the anime kind of dipped
May 5, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2008
argh! i want more! I want 2nd season!!!
5/5!
9/10.

May 5, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 2015
Sokah said:
Good series up until these final 2 where it all went to crap. Last episode his defeating the police was ridiculous. This episode, escaping from the police was equally stupid.

They used the ever popular "we can't show this scene properly because it's impossible so we'll not do a framing shot and just do closeups and rely on the viewers being stupid." So we have a kid escape an open field from the cops, get shot in the leg and still evade them. This was PAINFULLY stupid to watch. There was no effort here into rewriting the scene to make even a little sense. His IBM could easily have been used to make this work, but no. Pretty much calling the viewers too stupid to put the effort in on.

After dodging all those bullets can he dodge a slow moving and inaccurate tranq round at long range? Nope. *facepalm*

But never fear, tranqing isn't enough because he's... ANGRY! The ever popular solution to everything in little boy anime, getting angry and trying harder solves everything and lets you do things you never could before!

And of course they both regenerated far faster than any time previously in the show, because being consistent would require the writing to not be awful.

And then the little boys, with bullets in their legs, outrun full grown men. Because shitty writing.

Night and day. This went from a fairly well done series to for the first 11 episodes to absolute stupid little boy crap with these 2.

I'm pretty sure that was fear.

They were explicitly killing the other guy every 3 seconds to keep him still. And that's the only time I remember someone being killed fast enough to keep them down.

Also I'm pretty sure they're at least 16. If the adults are faster it's because they're cops not because they're older.
May 6, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
started out good, ended up shit. also kei is really unlikable

May 8, 2016 9:43 PM

May 2012
Watched the dub on Netflix. Satou definitely made this series. The rest of the characters, Kei included, either didn't stand out much or weren't particularly likable. Kai, who seemed way more important by the opening, just disappeared completely after being ditched by Kei. I found the story dragged a bit, but the last few episodes were strong. 7/10
May 12, 2016 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
Came because I read two volumes of the manga and liked it. Cringed at he CGI.
Stayed for Satou and that A+ soundtrack. Gotta admit those actions scenes were pretty great, too. I'm actually glad they used CGI now, as regular animation might have given them budget issues. Overall it looked pretty solid. Like watching RWBY only with better quality models and smooth visuals overall.

I wasn't feeling Kei for a bit. I understand why he is the way he is but just watching him was so infuriating.

I'm going to pick up on the manga and hope that Kai and that one girl with the white-haired asshole DO something other than just sit back and watch.
May 13, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, this was really good. Very much looking forward to season 2. 8/10
May 15, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
Tremendous ending to a great series!
Have no idea how I'm gonna wait for the second season
9/10.... might change to a 10
May 17, 2016 6:52 AM
May 2016
DatRandomDude said:
The ending just screams second season.
SECOND SEASON WHEN ???????????

The second season is in this FALL!! October !!
May 21, 2016 3:04 AM
Jul 2012
さとうの目が怖えー!
satou is scary as fuck.

love that obachan, wanna see more of her. and when is kai coming back, there is no way he has done is part already, he is definetly going to be in the 2nd season right?
May 21, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
nice show
i did lose interest halfway.. but it was still fun.

i'll wait patiently for the next ep!
May 27, 2016 12:35 AM
Sep 2014
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON 2!!!!!

PLEASE COME QUICKLY!!!

While screaming that in my head, I will read the manga for the time being
May 27, 2016 1:08 AM
Sep 2014
Btw, all my favourite character's name start with K
Kei Nagai
Kou Nagano
Kaitou
Jun 1, 2016 4:51 AM

May 2014
Glad I didn't watched this week by week... I'd go through hell just waiting every week for a new episode
Good finale, definitely looking forward for the 2nd season. Where the hell is Kai? Maybe he's on some third party organization or something.. who knows?
Jun 5, 2016 1:25 PM
Jul 2014
It's nice to be watching an anime that still has active discussions going! My boyfriend and I started watching this on a whim, and we were both very happy with it! Can't wait until the next season. Very dramatic escape 0.o
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.