Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 13, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
That was amazing. The final episode should be awesome if this episode was this good.
Apr 15, 2016 8:51 AM
May 2012
SAT my ass =_=
That was just too easy man.
Apr 15, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
Satou BADASS AS FUCK!
Apr 16, 2016 9:57 AM

Feb 2010
Fantastic episode. Great seeing the IBM move round the buildings like that through the scope.

They really were so close to getting Satou lol.
Apr 16, 2016 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Well, that didn't go as expected (it was better). But I thought normals couldn't see IBMs?
Apr 17, 2016 1:26 AM

Mar 2015
The action in this one was class! That shotgun party was fun!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 17, 2016 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
BurntJelly said:
Well, that didn't go as expected (it was better). But I thought normals couldn't see IBMs?

Satou explains in ep6.

The SAT acted professionally, switching positions, changing tactics/shielding quickly. Was surprised Satou didn't consider all countermeasures, considering he's quite a preplanner. He was in a tight spot, super intense, but also unsure who to root for Satou or SAT/Tosaki. Kill per 3s was a good plan still (not worse than tranquilizers since friend could snipe reset him).
Tranquilizers illegal lol what? ok, they mentioned it several times. Only the underground groups can use it somehow.
No more water. Maybe all the spray units got destroyed when 2 buildings collapsed?

Satou should've assigned unit IDs, instead of calling real names on the comms.
Snipe counter-snipe, positioning & stealth, that was so intense.
Tanaka's ibm leaping fight was scary with a huge jaw coming in. The surviving sniper could've used his ibm
Snipe2 used water, fast thinking SATs. But Tanaka's faster. Wait how does he & ibm move independently (he had to close eyes to focus controlling it previously)?
Snipe3 Why a giant SLR instead of gopro on the drone? Run Tanaka run.
Lol Satou has time to situp & ohayo. He's having fun.
Weird they didn't break his shotgun. 18:15 shows the gun strap tied to himself. Could've done better like him hiding multiple guns & they don't have time to empty him.
That badassery was Satou level gaming.
Apr 17, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2008
Now this is what I call super epic episode!
Satou really went all out there! He does really like games...real games that are "Hard" difficulty. SAT team totally annihilated! even the 3 teams of snipers were wiped-out!
LOL at Tosaki...nonchalantly saying "Well that didn't work out"
gezzer found-out because of the news! this is bad news for Kei!
5/5!

Apr 18, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2016
That. Was. Fuckin. Amazing!
Best episode so far
6/5
Apr 19, 2016 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Ah dam, one of those moments when you want the good guys to win but you know they're gonna get rekt : /
Apr 24, 2016 4:41 AM
May 2013
Phenomenal episode! Satou is a beast!!
Apr 28, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
No Kei = Good episode. But the end when they let Satou go away and stopped shooting was real stretch.
No way would he be able to eliminate whole SAT team only with pumping shotgun. It's not like it has endless chamber or anything quite contrary.

And finally they did something what they should do from the first time and published their photos... it was about time.
Apr 29, 2016 11:59 PM
Jun 2013
they came so close to getting him. While I wanna see sato go down im going to lie that whole shotgun scene is badass.
Apr 30, 2016 1:14 PM
Aug 2014
This episode started cool, but I came out in the end just shaking my head. Everything was so exaggerated and the time period doesn't do the anime justice for this episode.

In a world where the Japanese 'elite' are a police force.. ok i can go with that.. satou revives eventually and kills 10+ of them with a shotgun without going down once? Clearly a Rambo reference, Kappa.

The 'elite' sniper teams killed the Ajin snipers. cool. They let the other simply stand up and surrender? No. The police force (let alone humanity) is extremely against Ajins and know fully what they are capable of (videos circulating the web constantly, so lack of knowledge cannot be assumed). They would not allow him to stand and talk in his clearly visible ear piece.

Kanako destroys all 3 sniper teams solo? NICE! Wait what?? The extraction team is still not extracted yet????

So your telling me, that the Ajin snipers had time to pick off 3 or 4 'elites'. Then the Japanese sniper teams had the time to kill the Ajin sniper repeatedly and just let the other guy stand there and talk through comms? Then Kanako has the time to climb 1 building (through an elevator more than likely) and kill a sniper team while the other 2 teams are killed by his IBM? And the extraction force is still on the ground not in the extraction vehicle yet?

Not only is time management completely unbelievable, but the time period doesn't support these types of exaggerations. The reason most anime stay away from a time period near our own is so that they can do these exaggerations without high criticism.

To me this episode felt rushed and poorly planned. As did the terrible final episode. (This should have been the finale).
May 3, 2016 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
Cool action though some things eventually leave you scratching your head.
The MC still chilling out in nowhere with the show about to end
May 16, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
Satou is too savage.
May 21, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
ajin 1
human 0

what an insane episode!
Jun 17, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2011
So they can't use tranquilizers because it's illegal. So what? They didn't care about whats legal and what not for years. And even if, they could have just taken with them but not used them when the situation would not allow it. In this case, no one would have noticed for a long time. Heck, given that they would have been way faster and the press wouldn't have been drawn to gun fire, it would have been a really smooth ride. And if you look whats been done in the name of fighting terrorism..

Thats plothole #1

About the hoses: And they could at least have some smaller hoses with them or in the busses. Apparently, the busses where self-driving, as no one was coming out to help them, .e.g by opening the doors. I also heard that sometimes the police has - wait for it - water cannons specificially to deal with riots and such.

Plothole #2

Next, not disarming him. Even if he caried it on a lanyard or anything, why not shoot it? Like the snipers did with the sniper rifle. Or shoot the damn lanyard, like the sniper shot the handcuffs without even so much as scratching Sato's arms. Not like the police would care about whether Sato gets scratched. I would also think at least one has a knife with him.

Plothole #3

Next up, the ghost is on top of him. So what? Shoot him where the ghost isn't. This was a classic "i got a bullet proof vest" situation. Heck, half the SWAT guys where already pointing at his head from the side etc. And later on, he had absolute no protection. We didn't see where his ghost was exactly, but he couldn't be on all sides.

Plothole #4

Also, ever heard about backup? So the guys up front got taken out. Who cares, there's another squad on stand by who's gonna do exactly the same, just with less stupid.

Plothole #5

Tanakas speed..

Plothole #6

Also, they know Ajin do not regenerate wounds, they only come back alive fully healed. They also know Ajin need a while to regenerate lost limbs and so. Shoot of his arms, legs, done. Rinse and repeat, just that you don't need to do it constantly, only when his colleagues kill him.

Plothole #7

Ever heard about grenades? Maybe not explosive, but tear gas? I heard that's a wonderful way to keep people from doing whatever they where doing, and perfectly legal. Taser are also unkown apparently. And the main reason against using tranquilizers on humans is the risk of an overdose. Worst case, he dies and comes back right away, instead of staying unconscious. Hardly an issue.

Plothole #8

Gah. The whole thing was beautifully executed, until that moment. Then *everything* went wrong, plot wise.

Otherwise, really nice.
Aug 7, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
Damn, first time I've actually felt sorry for Sato. And oh no, Kei is in trouble now...
"In fact, I love meeting people who are so goddamn brazen and full of themselves that there is no one else in the world who could possibly kill them but me."
-Ladd Russo (Baccano)
Aug 14, 2016 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
The action was total boss, so I won't question the competence of the SAT squad to remain firing at Satou despite the sniper issue, could have let the others handle the sniper, but the main squad had to be distracted. That's a fatal weakness against Satou, the humane nature of human.

NwAurion said:
Plothole #3

Next up, the ghost is on top of him. So what? Shoot him where the ghost isn't. This was a classic "i got a bullet proof vest" situation. Heck, half the SWAT guys where already pointing at his head from the side etc. And later on, he had absolute no protection. We didn't see where his ghost was exactly, but he couldn't be on all sides.
Cool analysis that would have taken place in a perfect calculated situation. Just want to say that Satou was shot in the thigh when he was surrounded by the SAT squad, that he did not have a "bullet proof vest" for his entire body.

When I said perfect calculated scenario, I mean one that does not involve emotion/thinking error in the equation. There's so much unknown about the Ajin, that no one dare to approach them carelessly, even when they are supposedly dead.

But as a professional, you're supposed to focus on your one and only task, and not be distracted, hence my criticism on the distracted SAT squad that was transferring Satou, who allowed him to escape. You have the entire squad backing you up, so there's no excuse to be distracted for more than 3 seconds.
ToG25thBaamAug 14, 2016 11:08 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 22, 2016 12:13 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was shit, So many problems with it I mean how hard is it for them to shoot a guy every 3 seconds and to move to a fucking bus, which parked way too far away. Also wtf snipers I was yelling for them to shoot the gun the whole time and they do it after he's been saved or even his arm. Also as if that guy got to each of the snipers before they got him on the bus just fucking run makes it even harder for the snipers also nice work shield guys you know there's a sniper yet you can't block shit.

Also why the hell would the tranqs be illegal? You're telling me that's less humane then shooting them over and over? They don't even have to be guns you could literally just inject him or have a cloth of chloroform taped over his mouth. Still can't believe with all those guys they failed to shoot him every 3 seconds.

Oh and yeah lets use some plastic ties to tie him up which the guy somehow shot both of in a second with horrible visibility while they're moving and shields everywhere.

I'm rarely critical of any anime...
Dec 16, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
can anyone enlighten me how come the snipers were able to clearly see the IBM's?? was there something with the scope they had? or is it going be xplained later?

Dec 18, 2016 8:02 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Satou´s plan is near the perfection!!! and the ends, leave with life kekeke
Dec 27, 2016 8:58 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, he died many times, but why didn't they decapitate him, because they already know that was the only way to actually kill him.
Satou was a total badass when he passed those policeman and he said that he's exhausted, those poor guys were spared.
Kei is going to lose his safe place.
Jan 15, 2017 4:14 AM
Dec 2015
Fucking amazing episode. Sato's such a monster. The whole shooting while transporting + sniper scene was such a treat, not to mention Satou's 1 v 20!
Feb 9, 2017 4:56 AM

Feb 2017
satou on rampageee
Feb 12, 2017 4:23 AM

Jun 2015
wy_h said:
G_Spark233 said:

2. That was censorship. Manga they did shoot his hands off.

3. Yeah I found that weird as well. Would've made much more sense if he used his IBM like he did in the manga

4. It would've had the same result as what happened in episode 5.

Yeah, people keep mentioning not using tranquilliser like they forgot what happened several episodes ago. Satou or even the snipers will just kill him and allow him to revive without the tranquilliser spreading. It was honestly a smart move to keep killing Satou so he couldn't revive at all. I found it random of them to mention the fact it's illegal to use in public, why couldn't they just have explained it's actually the better option.. killing Satou multiple times isn't exactly humane either o.o

True, using the tranquillizers would've never worked out, and I agree they shouldn't have thrown some "illegal" bullshit in there, it would've been better if they had explained the situation.

But nevertheless the ep was straight up fire *_*
Mar 20, 2017 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
SAT squad is bunch of retards!
Did they carrying a corpse of former president or their king?
I think the distance with the van is not that far.
Silly.
Apr 6, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
Makes me wonder why Satou isn't listed as one of the main character.

Only one episode left to watch for this season, and I always hoped there is more screen time for Kei the whole time. y you no action desu :(
and I really dislike Kita but I think his character is good when he actually managed to make me feel worried for Kei every time. :S

If I ignore the facepalm moment when the sniper team actually let go of the sniper-Ajin just because he put up a "surrender" pose & the moment when Satou pulls out a rifle from stretcher the moment he revives, I pretty much enjoy this episode. *but still facepalm* >_>
Apr 20, 2017 4:07 PM

Mar 2015
Why they didn't tie Satou's arms in the back and legs? that would keep him alive and restrained. No more problems. Also, no snipers cutting ropes from behind.
I feel bad for them, they have only one life to spend and Satou can risk whatever.

Janeel said:
can anyone enlighten me how come the snipers were able to clearly see the IBM's?? was there something with the scope they had? or is it going be xplained later?

In a previous episode is explained that some people can see them when in extreme situations, like when Kei is escaping and the bad doctor stays behind. That doctor actually see's Satou IBM before being killed
Apr 20, 2017 7:37 PM
Apr 2017
im still wondering why people hate ajins in the anime
Jun 14, 2017 1:44 AM

Aug 2016
When last episode you taught Satou can't get more badass than that..... (shot in the face...)

he is a Beast!!!
Jul 15, 2017 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
As part of the "I dislike Satou" group, this episode was extremely frustrating! Partially the stupidity of the SAT members on certain occasions to carry the plot forward.
(I mean, what specially trained future special agent, sees a drone and goes, "Hmm what could this be? Let me stare at it for a while.")

Also, could they have moved any slower to the buses? (which by the way, would have solved what? Couldn't they have just parked closer?!)

The fact that the entire SAT was taken out just because they let him revive once, was ridiculously demeaning to the team. By that I mean it didn't feel like they were out ranked by Satou, but that they were all killed to advance the plot rather than show Satou's strength.

And then to top off the frustration, Kei is not going to get to live with grandma, because he can't hide is face... And Ko is still locked in the truck while all this is going down. How useless he must feel not being able to do anything.

(I know some of these points were already mentioned, so sorry for reiterating...)
Jul 27, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 2017
That was pretty bullshit but whatever lets you play off your character as the untouchable god I guess..
Aug 19, 2017 9:15 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Ok this episode was superb. I still have my dislikes for the animation but th plot was awsome.
So Kai is in danger again ... What will happen next??

Aug 22, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
Those guys carrying Sato were slow as fuck lol now that proved to be their own undoing.

Looks like Kei have no choice but to leave that village now. What happens to his adoptive grandma though, people will hate her.
Sep 8, 2017 1:57 PM

May 2016
Just wow amazing It was like I was watching a Rambo movie.
Oct 7, 2017 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
Kita-san getting worried over his stocks than what's happening, sounds like me.

That SWAT team had potential, they looked cool but lacked so much. Satou won that round easily. Jesus Christ, you're up against fucking IBMs.

Despite all the blood, this series makes me yawn sometimes.

I'd turn in Kei for money too if my stocks fell. Then again, if you're in it for the long term and the company bounces back, your stocks will rise again.
臭い-
Dec 27, 2017 8:44 AM

Aug 2015
Infinite shotgun bullets. This was an amazing episode.
Mar 8, 2018 6:26 AM
Mar 2018
What i don’t understand is how tanaka went from sniper to sniper in a matter of minutes. Those buildings were pretty far apart plus getting up so high takes time (even with an elevator). I also don't understand that when the ibm was protecting Sato that they didn’t immediately think of shooting him from the side. These are some of the best trained special forces in the world and they get stunned from seeing an ibm. I really liked the episode. But tanaka’s speed and the stupidity of highly trained special ops kinda ruined the fight for me.
Apr 13, 2018 10:16 PM

Dec 2012
Kita worried about his stock. lol Get fucked.
LMAO They got Sato.
LMAO at them shooting Sato as they carry him on a stretcher.
Dat shot.
LMAO He got sniped.
Sato used his sutando to block the bullets. lol
Sato won.
Dat explosion. Dat crash.
OMG! Izumi is so cute. lol
lol Kita is fucked.
No! They showed Kei on tv. Now this asshole Kita...
No one knows me! No one cares!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 14, 2018 8:13 PM

Feb 2010
Dangggggg. Satou is crazy!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 8, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2015
Satou was a absolute beast this episode, went full John wick on the SAT

I really liked the sniper scene, his team is pretty dangerous working together and putting a lot of trust on each other, one small mistake and most of them would have been caught

Mar 16, 2020 9:41 PM

Sep 2018
I feel very bad for Kita-san 😞 he lost his money again 😞

Satou able to escape and kill those action forces! I want him to irritate Tosaki more lol
Jun 28, 2020 4:47 AM

Dec 2018
The strongest force in Japan, huh? Ironically, this episode had showed to me how stupid that force is. They could've at least plug out Satou's communication devices that was stuck on his ear. But I will mention the most crucial thing this so called strongest force of Japan missed : Satou's hat, they should've removed it from him.

They underestimated the Ajins greatly which is why their operation results in failure. I think it's time the organization showed their Trump Card which most likely is the so called "Anti-Ajin".

But, I gotta say that Satou will probably end up in a dissectable had he work alone in this operation.

So, the last episode is reserved for Kei...
Kish0Jun 28, 2020 5:08 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 19, 2020 12:42 PM

Jun 2020
Wowie what an episode!!!!! That was insane

Also as much of a badass Satou is I was totally rooting for the assault team?????

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
since i don't like tozaki, kei or hat man, i'm just rooting for max carnage and entertainment value

this show is ridic. i'm lovin' it
Oct 15, 2021 3:42 AM
Jan 2020
Well, this was epic and thrilling as hell.
May 6, 2022 9:50 PM

Jul 2021
The gramps are such a savage
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 27, 2022 4:40 PM
Dec 2021
this was absolutely awesome. I LOVE overly-dramatic fights or shooting scenes. The way he just walked out lol. go Satou and his team!!!

I really hope it keeps going as it is and that it won't turn to shit now in the last episode. Though I'm kinda optimistic, as I see there's a season 2, so let's hope for the best.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.