Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 29, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2009
So, Yu decided to an hero, Jimmy Hendrix style, I loled.
Nov 29, 2015 8:38 AM

Oct 2010
Yu's even more of a dumbass in the manga, they clearly told him 1 doping pill per day, 2 leads to organ damage, 3 to certain death and here he takes 2 after already having taken 2,
still the manga version was better this episode too.
Nov 29, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2009
The_Deceiver said:
That vampire is so fucking annoying, even The Twilight vampires are cooler then him, and if I have to hear that fucking blonde shitstain say "Yu-chan" one more time I swear I'm gonna punch my screen.

Hold up, WHICH VAMPIRE? (I already understand you hate Mika, that was pretty clear) But which one is annoying? YOU DON'T MEAN CROWLEY DO YOU??? HE'S THE BEST VAMPIRE IN THE SHOW.

Oh course everyone does have their own opinions *sniff sniff*
Nov 29, 2015 10:12 AM

May 2015
Damn, great and intense episode backed by that great OST. Really liking this season so far, more so than the first, definitely. Look at all that blood though. Looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 29, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
And the protagonist ends the episode dead, but already appears alive in the preview, and there went the suspense for anyone who does not follow the manga, the Yuu's personality really changed a lot, giving me even a little anger see it all the time crying: family, family, well, the anime is almost reaching the manga, I already wonder if the two could end up together ..
Nov 29, 2015 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
Anyone with brain cells would know Yu wasn't dead.

Way to overdramatize the entire sequence, Wit. Though I did like how they included the actual character interaction scenes that gave us more depth on Yu and Guren's relationship... What the fuck, Wit.

Did you really have to make Yu mope like a pathetic slob for several minutes? Was it necessary to make him look like some hopeless romantic!? Look, your reputation is bad enough. At least try to do SOMETHING correct. God, Wit. I'm losing more and more hope for AoT S2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2015
MagicalMahou said:
Did you really have to make Yu mope like a pathetic slob for several minutes? Was it necessary to make him look like some hopeless romantic!? Look, your reputation is bad enough. At least try to do SOMETHING correct. God, Wit. I'm losing more and more hope for AoT S2.

Oh no... 2D characters aren't allowed feelings and realistic emotions... the world is ending... everyone run.
Nov 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2015
I don't see why everyone is hating Yuu for wanting to save Guren. Guren was the only person Yuu had after the great orphan massacre so of course he's going to want to save him! Who wouldn't want to save the first person who reached out to you after a traumatic experience? Who wouldn't want to save the only fatherly figure you have? Yuu acted realistically, just because hes the MC doesn't mean he has to a emotionless brick wall that only knows how to swing a sword.
Nov 29, 2015 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
Tsukkimaru said:
MagicalMahou said:

Oh no... 2D characters aren't allowed feelings and realistic emotions... the world is ending... everyone run.

*The bashing is on WIT(because they're so crap at adapting this), not Yu.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 29, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
10/10 for Crowley
Nov 29, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2015
mira-nyan said:
Tsukkimaru said:

My point still stands, why shouldn't WIT have made him emotional, even if the adaptation is shitty (I'm still on the fence about this) it makes Yuu a bit more diverse
Nov 29, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
Tsukkimaru said:
mira-nyan said:

My point still stands, why shouldn't WIT have made him emotional, even if the adaptation is shitty (I'm still on the fence about this) it makes Yuu a bit more diverse

In the anime, Yu mopes around for a good en-anime ten minutes.
In the manga, he jumps to save Guren because he doesn't need that much time to think whether he should save Daddy or not.
Also, he asks his questions(in the manga) long before the team reached a safe spot, meaning he was far more anxious in the manga about their decision.
It's literally just those little things that can make huge differences.
Nov 29, 2015 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty nice episode. Really liked the background music at times. And the moments in the end were pretty nice, even though they were a bit predictable.

Looking forward to next week!
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2012
DRUGS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
The most interesting part of this episode was seeing some backstory for Yuichiro and Guren. It really helps the viewer understand why Yu regards Guren like family. With their interactions that we've seen in the present time, that wasn't terribly evident. Unfortunately, Yuichiro's loyalty to Guren was a weakness in this case and has led him to do something that's rather stupid.

But outside of Yuichiro's storyline, it seems like the theme of the episode was deception. Kureto Hiragi is not to be trusted, and Mika also does something to deceive the vampires.

There's only four episodes left, and it's obvious this is building up to something. But as someone who's been following the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump, I'm wondering how they're going to end this season, since there's really not a good stopping point coming up that I can think of off the top of my head.
Nov 29, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2011
Pretty cool episode, kinda disappointing how Yu keeps doing dumb things but oh well it's not like they'd kill him off...

Fave moment:
Nov 29, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
OH MAI GOD THE PREVIEW! SHINOA!!!

Of course Yuu's not dead, they never kill off the main character forever... hopefully.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Nov 29, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
zilch16 said:
Everyone might think that Yu's dumbness kill this episode, hated him or so. But for me, what he did now makes me love him more. Obviously, if I were to put on the same situation as him and the person who is very important to me where taken hostage not assuring if he will live, i will definitely do the same. Yu for 4 years tried his best to get strong because even no matter how can we deny it, he was afraid to loos his family once again. What is more dumb is if he just easily accepted leaving Guren behind.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sick of the Yuu-bashing. He's my favorite of the cast, seriously. Followed by Shinoa. :p

they never kill off the main character forever

Well, some shows actually do...but not til the final episode. But I don't think the series expects us to believe he died since they showed him in the preview.

Nov 29, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2011
Nice to see some backstory between Yuu and Guren since you wouldn't know why Yuu considers Guren so important to him just from their present interactions. Quite a lot of blood he spat up there... Though from the preview and since he's the main character it's pretty obvious that he will live.
Nov 30, 2015 12:18 AM
Jul 2015
Crowley is the best. My anime crush <3

Can Yu just die. I cant get with him and he just annoys me with his one dimensional personality.

Mika please be in the episode more than a scene or two next week.
Nov 30, 2015 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
Taking another look at the preview to episode 9 I see something really, REALLY stupid being done, and what's fucked up it doesn't look like it's gonna be Yu being the idiot this time. I'm getting a serious. Valvrave nostalgia with this show and there's no cute/bitchy female character getting tortured or angsty moments, so I'm not really excited. Sorry I dislike Saki as a character around the second season so I was happy to see her get shot and stabbed. Yu is annoying but watching that happen to him would mean surrendering more screen time to him.
Nov 30, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Have to say the animation this episode was pretty low quality mostly :D Although backgrounds and the vehicles (!!) were great as usual.

<3___<3 Shinoa's gonna be great next ep I hope.
Nov 30, 2015 2:42 AM
May 2015
Man, the Hiragi family are quite a devilish bunch especially Kureto.

I wonder who's gonna take care of Guren's harem when he dies?

I wonder as to what are those test subjects that Kureto's talking about?
Nov 30, 2015 6:47 AM
Jan 2012
utter garbage
Nov 30, 2015 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
So mad because it's one of my favourites mangas and this adaptation is crap.
Too many funny and important scenes have been removed and they made the characters look like they have no emotions -.-
Also the animation is crap, I'm only watching this because of the seiyuus...

Hope they never think about adapting Guren's Light Novels if they are going to adapt them like this.
Nov 30, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Ciaoussu said:
Too many funny and important scenes have been removed and they made the characters look like they have no emotions -.-

Hope they never think about adapting Guren's Light Novels if they are going to adapt them like this.

Thank you.

Thank you so much.
Nov 30, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
mira-nyan said:
Ciaoussu said:

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

Really? I bought and read the manga up til episode four of this arc and I think they've been more faithful than unfaithful. I think they show the emotions pretty damn strongly.

Nov 30, 2015 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
Chiibi said:
mira-nyan said:

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

Really? I bought and read the manga up til episode four of this arc and I think they've been more faithful than unfaithful. I think they show the emotions pretty damn strongly.

The thing is, they're being unfaithful to the important parts of the plot.

They've missed out the comedy, bonding with Guren's team mates - something that would actually make this episode hit right in the kokoro- , character developing lines and more.
Nov 30, 2015 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
mira-nyan said:
Ciaoussu said:

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

Good to know I'm not the only one who is really disappointed with this.
Nov 30, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
mira-nyan said:
Chiibi said:

The thing is, they're being unfaithful to the important parts of the plot.

They've missed out the comedy, bonding with Guren's team mates - something that would actually make this episode hit right in the kokoro- , character developing lines and more.

Since the first episode of the first season they are doing this... They omitted parts of Yu and Mika first meeting which were really funny.

Also they changed the personality of some characters for example Makoto is really nice and here in the anime they made him look like a jerk

Another thing is that the funny scenes they adapted were cutted or changed in some way.

In the manga they reflect their feelings much better and because of these I cried many many times, while here in the anime nothing moved me.
Nov 30, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
this Yuu like adc in everygame i played
Well Duh...

Nov 30, 2015 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Ciaoussu said:

In the manga they reflect their feelings much better and because of these I cried many many times, while here in the anime nothing moved me.

I'm opposite. XD I think the anime made me cry at least twice....but the manga hasn't yet. I love the manga too though; it certainly makes me LOL and the art is fantastic.

Nov 30, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Chiibi said:
Ciaoussu said:

I'm opposite. XD I think the anime made me cry at least twice....but the manga hasn't yet. I love the manga too though; it certainly makes me LOL and the art is fantastic.

It's ok, everybody has his own opinion :)

For me is the opposite I prefer the manga, It's like a roller coaster of feelings also because as you said the art of the manga is fantastic!!

But about this chapter this scene of Guren and Yu was for me much better in the manga I cried like a baby while I was reading it:

CiaoussuNov 30, 2015 10:42 AM
Nov 30, 2015 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
Awwwww

Yuu's reactions are normally what get me. I love MCs who aren't afraid to show their emotions.

Nov 30, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
Ayyy dem Shinoa faces when she in trying to be serious.
Meh...
Q_Q

Next ep a best meeting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 30, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
The_Deceiver said:
That vampire is so fucking annoying, even The Twilight vampires are cooler then him, and if I have to hear that fucking blonde shitstain say &quot;Yu-chan&quot; one more time I swear I'm gonna punch my screen.
Dude I literally laughed for 2 mins straight. I almost died pls
Nov 30, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really xonsidrring skipping a week or even two of this show, just so I dont2have to deal with the waiting of it all.

UsaraDark said:
Of course Yuu's not dead, they never kill off the main character forever... hopefully.

Akame killed off the MC in the second to last ep which even surprised me. Hell, only two of the characters walked out of that hell alive.
Nov 30, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
QWERTYFish25 said:
I'm really xonsidrring skipping a week or even two of this show, just so I dont2have to deal with the waiting of it all.

UsaraDark said:

Akame killed off the MC in the second to last ep which even surprised me. Hell, only two of the characters walked out of that hell alive.
True, but unless Owari is going for an anime original ending it's plenty obvious that Yu can't die because there's too much significance about him in regards to experimentation and the seraph.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 30, 2015 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
TwilightMystery said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

True, but unless Owari is going for an anime original ending it's plenty obvious that Yu can't die because there's too much significance about him in regards to experimentation and the seraph.
I read the last few chapters from when ep 9 should be picking up from not too impressed there.

Thing that gets me in the shittiness seems to exist whether or not it's an anime original, mangas already done, or if it's still being produced. FMA/B was a one in a million seeing ad both were great especially the latter.

I think the 1st season was pretty good, though the transitioning drom school to combat was a tad off putting, but it was 12 eps. I think it would've been a bit better of they started Yuu off in a more military setting rather than trying to put up the whole school front there was no real reason for that. Have regular civilian facilities and military ones. It was pretty obvious where Yuu and,at least Kimizuki were headed as far as what they wanted to do with their lives. Why paint them as civilians at all? I think try wanted to sell the whole school setting thing to warm Japanese shounens audiences up, which fucking sucks.

QWERTYFish25Nov 30, 2015 8:27 PM
Nov 30, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2014
I'm starting to find Yuu really unlikeable. I mean I get that it's part of his character, but he never seems to learn, always making stupid, reckless decisions and putting himself and others in danger. Its getting predictable and irritating.
Other than that I think it's going to start getting interesting. Cant wait to see what Mika does when he sees Yuu almost dead on the floor.
Nov 30, 2015 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
saikea said:
I'm starting to find Yuu really unlikeable. I mean I get that it's part of his character, but he never seems to learn, always making stupid, reckless decisions and putting himself and others in danger. Its getting predictable and irritating.
Other than that I think it's going to start getting interesting. Cant wait to see what Mika does when he sees Yuu almost dead on the floor.

Episode 1, Season 1: Abandons his family
Episode 8, Season 2: Does not abandon his family

I think there's been some change.
Nov 30, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, didn't expect Yu to die. So tragic.
Dec 1, 2015 2:55 AM

May 2014
Pretty interesting ep. Yuu.chan is going bersk again? This is gonna be interesting. LOL, Crowley-sama is so hawt and funny. My favorite of the vampires after Ferid-sama. :P

I hope Guren-san can die. That would be great and funny to watch. LOL. So now it's only 4 ep. left and the battle haven't even began. I wonder how they gonna end this. ^^
Dec 1, 2015 3:04 AM

May 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Yu really needs to learn how to follow orders. I get it, he doesn't want to leave Guren behind, but he already agreed to retreat once the time limit was up. But then he keeps going on with the same schtick about "he's family, family this, family that, let me go I need to save Guren." I was really hoping someone would punch him, but I knew that wouldn't happen since it didn't happen in the manga (that would have been a nice anime original change lol). And then he takes 2 more pills so he can do what? SAVE GUREN. Fucking damn, the sappy family stuff was already cringe-worthy, but Yu's never-ending idiocy made it worse.

On another note, Crowley is still OP as fuck, Kureto continues to be a jackass, and Yu is obviously not dead. I mean, you try to convince us he's dead, and then show him in the preview? Ok......looks like Mika will get his beloved Yu-chan next episode.

This author have learned from the master of nakama-power, Mashima-sensei. xD
Dec 1, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2014
QWERTYFish25 said:
Sonnetica said:
A more eventful episode. Yu's stepping out of his lines once again to save Guren, and the reactions to when he took the pills were done well. The mood is more intense this time, so here's to hoping that the next episode can keep going as this pace.
I'm glad I reread that. I thought you were referring to HIS EMOTIONS. Unfortunately MCs stereotypical happy-go-lucky preceding a life threatening action were sub par and ruined the whole scene as a whole. That's a serious choice you're making, why do the Japanese think those type of character moods can even be called acceptable when the subject is doing something completely suicidal. And it wasn't well back at all, people who have been dealing with these things while he was cattle don't go that far, what makes you so special? I understand the pressure got to him hence why he made that choice but act like it. Don't take it in stride like this is some kind of video game. If anything another character would better fit this BS cocky attitude he's been walking around with. He should know almost better than anyone how far these vampires can go, he could at least be a bit more serious towards it. Top it off the animation when the camera faced his back was derpy as fuck, it looked like it turned into a fucking Otaku mid-shot.

On a final note his actions are about as worthless as Lenard Watch from Kekkai-whatever-the-fuck. About as influential with choices as the mouse pad in a visual novel,: useful for getting through the story but not really significant to the story thus far. Just kinda there.

I know it's for the plot, but who would be so stupid to give him those pills after they saw what it did to him last time he took them. ^^ Well, as I said it's for the plot, but a real life situation this would definitely be different. Noone wants a friend to take suicide, so they are not giving him the pills to do it. They think and take them from him/her. :P
Dec 1, 2015 3:10 AM

May 2014
mira-nyan said:
saikea said:

Well, this is for all shounen character. Just look at Luffy and Naruto. They have been there themselves too. ^^ It's all for the nakama's after all. ^^
Dec 1, 2015 5:41 AM

Jun 2013
Guren the weakling got rekt
Dec 1, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
mangalicker94 said:
mira-nyan said:

Well, this is for all shounen character. Just look at Luffy and Naruto. They have been there themselves too. ^^ It's all for the nakama's after all. ^^

I haven't watched One Piece, nor Naruto.

Also, quadruple posting - calm the fuck down.
Dec 1, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:

I haven't watched One Piece, nor Naruto.

Also, quadruple posting - calm the fuck down.

Maybe he is in BL and is used to automerge :<
Dec 1, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Guren and Yuu AREN'T dead.
The scene with both of them was so father/son like.

I find it so cute how Shinoa is able to calm Yuu down ><
-fangirling- <3 I love YuuNoa moments.

oh so he took the pill .-. wondering what's gonna happen next ep.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.