Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This felt like a classic josei. As for the romance part, I think it's mostly subtle but the conversation about "devotion" seems legit.
Nov 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Decent. It was nice.
Jun 30, 2019 10:49 PM

Jun 2017
Classic bs storyline.
Jul 9, 2020 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, so she's a marketer, while he works in a restaurant. I thought that was a bar.

So she's been avoiding him for a bit until she finally confronts him, outright telling him she doesn't want to date him, while asking of the girl thinking she's his girlfriend (Yuika), she she realizes he's dense in not realizing she likes him.

Hmm... so this story is taking the approach of a woman being creeped out by his actions of (curious love) looking through her bag for her phone number and reading her notebook.
After yelling at him to stay away from him, during work she thinks back on him and what attracts her of him, along with the fact that she encouraged him of his work at the restaurant.

Damn, so the boss is interested in making Mizuki the manager of the restaurant.
During the time they were drinking, her thoughts on work is wise and relatable.
Mizutani for the first time showed care and interest for her by inviting her to the restaurant of a rival hotel.

Still feeling harassed as he approaches her, he tells her he became a regular at the restaurant and that he was encouraged by her words, leaving her with some food he made as an apology which makes her conflicted heart skip a beat.
... She also seems a little interested in Mizutani's affection tho.

Feeling his talent and passion from his delicious food she realizes she hasn't been living doing what she loves. Interesting. Damn it, so she revealed to Mizutani about Mizuki as a stalker.
Thinking back on her past in how she lost her passion, she wants to relate to Mizuki and understand his feelings. As she notices him still waiting outside of the train station, she runs to him into the rain.

When she tells him if he's fine dating even if she'll fal short of his expectations, he tells her it's not a problem, because he himself has never been able to live to expectations. .... and that's it.

Well... very fast paced. I'm glad the potential rivals of Yuika and Mizutani weren't present to be annoying obstacles, but then I think with how short this manga was it would have been better to take them out of the story completely.

It was too short to have a strong impression of the protagonists.
I can't explain it. I understood their feelings in what was displayed, it was interesting how she had conflicting feelings but it was so fast that I didn't have enough time to care for it with how rushed the development felt in the end.

I don't know. The stalker sense in the beginning approach was somewhat interesting even though I prefer the pure instant affection from both sides.
His "passion" that she lost which is what pushed her to accept him along everything else wasn't properly brought out. 'Not sure if it's the lack of content and plots or if the translation didn't deliver that accordingly.

With that being said. 5/10.
I think if it was longer with a better direction of his struggles, to her admiration for his accepting of fear to improve and a better pacing of their affection it could have been a better manga. Nice art. Oh well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mizutama Puzzle Chapter 1.1 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 9, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Poll: » Mizutama Puzzle Chapter 1 Discussion

Rezurrekt - Jan 14, 2013

5 by waalex11 »»
Jul 9, 2020 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.