Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 10:04 PM

Feb 2014
Okay ep but it still wasn't anything special. The show still isn't getting better.

*clap clap* Fantastic introduction to your classmates, Yuu-kun. "I'm not gonna be your friend because I'm better than all of you and I'll obviously get the best equipment." Arrogance readings off the charts.

Oh my gosh thank GOODNESS they went to see glasses-guys's sister in the hospital, (despite the resistance). "I'm not gonna see my sister even though she's probably dying because I need to do well in this exam in order to save her!" The amount of stupidity in his thinking before Yuu punched him was inconceivable.

Also predictable anime is predictable: obviously neither of them are going to get bad scores because they agreed to go see that dude's sister because being with her was ultimately the more important issue at hand. If that's not gonna be the reason as to why they will both advance in their training I can't wait to see what's actually gonna happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
This anime is feels like a checklist anime tbh i.e. it is as though they just threw together a bunch of popular tropes with a bunch popular staff members and hoped for the best. There's no distinctive feature here, everything is generic and by the books, the OST is just ok, the animation is quite awful, the premise has been done before (and better), the story has gone no where and the characters seem very stereotypical except the army girl. Speaking of her, how did she get to team up with the whimpy kid or rather why did she get to team up with him when she has her own cursed weapon?
Apr 25, 2015 10:59 PM

Apr 2015
Noodle070 said:
Okay ep but it still wasn't anything special. The show still isn't getting better.

*clap clap* Fantastic introduction to your classmates, Yuu-kun. "I'm not gonna be your friend because I'm better than all of you and I'll obviously get the best equipment." Arrogance readings off the charts.

Oh my gosh thank GOODNESS they went to see glasses-guys's sister in the hospital, (despite the resistance). "I'm not gonna see my sister even though she's probably dying because I need to do well in this exam in order to save her!" The amount of stupidity in his thinking before Yuu punched him was inconceivable.

Also predictable anime is predictable: obviously neither of them are going to get bad scores because they agreed to go see that dude's sister because being with her was ultimately the more important issue at hand. If that's not gonna be the reason as to why they will both advance in their training I can't wait to see what's actually gonna happen.

Actually no,

Nice try predicting things though.
TyrelApr 26, 2015 9:25 AM
Apr 25, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
This anime is feels like a checklist anime tbh i.e. it is as though they just threw together a bunch of popular tropes with a bunch popular staff members and hoped for the best. There's no distinctive feature here, everything is generic and by the books, the OST is just ok, the animation is quite awful, the premise has been done before (and better), the story has gone no where and the characters seem very stereotypical except the army girl. Speaking of her, how did she get to team up with the whimpy kid or rather why did she get to team up with him when she has her own cursed weapon?

If you think this show has bad animation, you're obviously talking out of your ass.
Apr 25, 2015 11:27 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty boring episode nothing really interesting happened and judging from the preview they won't even get their weapons during the next episode. This anime is only 12 episodes long I don't really understand why they have so much padding...
Apr 25, 2015 11:32 PM
Oct 2010
fst said:
skudoops said:

If you think this show has bad animation, you're obviously talking out of your ass.

I should rephrase that, it has bad animation compared to the budget I guess? Just look at how terrible all the action scenes have been so far. For episode 2 for instance, they rarely put the vampire girl and the MC in the same shot, they always showed their actions with the camera facing the one who is doing the action or a first person view of the person who's doing the action i.e. showing their arm alone or something while the other person defends, there's also a lot of cut aways and stills. I may not getting my point across properly, but it feels like a high budget low budget anime so to speak. I'd expect them to zoom out and let us see a fluid fight but it feels like they cut so much corners, it's also something I dislike SNK for.
Apr 25, 2015 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
Shinoa best girl but vampire queen might give her run of the money.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 25, 2015 11:42 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
fst said:

I should rephrase that, it has bad animation compared to the budget I guess? Just look at how terrible all the action scenes have been so far. For episode 2 for instance, they rarely put the vampire girl and the MC in the same shot, they always showed their actions with the camera facing the one who is doing the action or a first person view of the person who's doing the action i.e. showing their arm alone or something while the other person defends, there's also a lot of cut aways and stills. I may not getting my point across properly, but it feels like a high budget low budget anime so to speak. I'd expect them to zoom out and let us see a fluid fight but it feels like they cut so much corners, it's also something I dislike SNK for.

You didn't watch it did you?

The only cutaway they did was for dramatic effect. At least about half the shots had them both on screen, even though that isn't even an indicator of animation quality. There was lots of exposition sprinkled in (what do you expect it's a manga adaptation) but even when they were just talking, there were very few stills.

If you think that anything which doesn't look exactly like that scene from Sword of the Stranger isn't good animation, you have a serious lack of imagination. It wasn't super fluid or otherwise supremely exceptional, but for a TV anime, it's pretty good for a TV anime.
Apr 25, 2015 11:55 PM
Oct 2010
fst said:

The only cutaway they did was for dramatic effect. At least about half the shots had them both on screen, even though that isn't even an indicator of animation quality. There was lots of exposition sprinkled in (what do you expect it's a manga adaptation) but even when they were just talking, there were very few stills.

If you think that anything which doesn't look exactly like that scene from Sword of the Stranger isn't good animation, you have a serious lack of imagination. It wasn't super fluid or otherwise supremely exceptional, but for a TV anime, it's pretty good for a TV anime.

Not really, shows like HxH 2011, Ippo, Nanatsu no tanzai among others greatly upstage this one and they are all tv anime.
GD1551Apr 26, 2015 12:00 AM
Apr 26, 2015 12:41 AM

Dec 2009
skudoops said:
fst said:

Not really, shows like HxH 2011, Ippo, Nanatsu no tanzai among others greatly upstage this one and they are all tv anime.

Yeah but 2 of those anime were done by Madhouse (They have the most money to throw around for their adaptations) and the last one was A-1 which also is a larger anime studio that has extra money to throw around. It's not really fair to compare.
Apr 26, 2015 1:42 AM

Nov 2009
So, did Mika take that girl he saved on her offer to let him drink her blood?

Vampire loli looks psychotic which she probably is.

More doS and cruelly carefree Guren is also welcome.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 26, 2015 1:44 AM

Feb 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is it just me or is it really hard to hear some of the characters dialogue over the BGM at times? Not that it's top caliber stuff and luckily there's subtitles involved but it's really strange to me when you have the primary audio track half drowning out the voice actors portion of it all with music that half the time feels inappropriate for the scene. This isn't the only Hiroyuki Sawano scored show to have this problem of late either.
you're not alone, it feels like watching yumekui merry again... (which didn't have music from sawano, but had similar problems of volume and unfitting music for the scene)
it almost feels as if they're recycling unused tracks..
i'm blaming in this the director, they took someone with zero previous experience in that role, who previously worked in animation and storyboard, and maybe he's being toyed by the more experienced staff members :/
if this was a pure action serie that could have worked, but dunno how this will turn :/

AlexTheRiot said:
Really hope that's not a sign of Wit having a few Tarou's on their production team. That and those several scenes that just transition badly or feel weird could point to issues in the planning between the staff and inexperienced director. Thankfully, those scenes have been less persistent, so hopefully the music will feel more natural from here on. Thank god for split cour though, most of these issues should disappear.

really hope that will be the case

Haytin said:
Pretty boring episode nothing really interesting happened and judging from the preview they won't even get their weapons during the next episode. This anime is only 12 episodes long I don't really understand why they have so much padding...
12 episodes, 2 cours = 24 total episodes
ZeandoApr 26, 2015 1:47 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 26, 2015 1:51 AM

Feb 2014
zilch16 said:
I really don't understand this site. I think this is a discussion and not a criticism or insulting site for the episode and yet all I see is that. Ah, I love this episode. Much better than the previous (of course since Mika has appeared). And can anyone just be patient. What's so wrong with the school thing. Anything need some progress and this show is doing a good job of it. You lot will complain for a series for being too fast and also complain if it is too slow. Oh God, you just doesn't have any good satisfaction, aren't you. That's why anime industry is declining and producers keeps having their courage down, since all you do is INSULT, INSULT, INSULT.
You probably don't even understand what a discussion is. People are free to post both their positive and negative opinions.
And no, anime industry totally doesn't care what people write on MAL :p
CiarsonApr 26, 2015 1:55 AM
Apr 26, 2015 2:00 AM

Feb 2011
Ciarson said:
You probably don't even understand what a discussion is. People are free to post both their positive and negative opinions.
so, do you know the difference between discussion and monologue? (just teasing :p)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 26, 2015 2:13 AM

Nov 2014
The sloppy animation on Krul makes me cry
Apr 26, 2015 2:16 AM

Aug 2012
Tokoya said:
bastek66 said:
Smug
Best girl strikes again
Apr 26, 2015 2:22 AM

Dec 2010
chakracat said:
This is really feeling like aldnoah zero.
What.

Great episode this time around, I hope that the so-called "war" will deliver.
Apr 26, 2015 3:06 AM

Feb 2014
Arguably the best episode so far. Though, that's not saying much. OP is pain for ears contrary to the superb ED. I don't like training arcs. Hope they will get over them soon. Obviously, vampire queen must be a loli. *facepalm*.

In spite of all its flaws and shortcomings this show is one of the more interesting anime this season.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Apr 26, 2015 3:10 AM

Dec 2014
Until 4 episode Yuu doesn't get a weapon
Apr 26, 2015 4:02 AM

Apr 2015
slovak125 said:
Arguably the best episode so far. Though, that's not saying much. OP is pain for ears contrary to the superb ED. I don't like training arcs. Hope they will get over them soon. Obviously, vampire queen must be a loli. *facepalm*.

In spite of all its flaws and shortcomings this show is one of the more interesting anime this season.

There's actually no training arcs though hahah... They'll hit the battlefield a lot sooner than most people think.
Apr 26, 2015 4:28 AM

Nov 2014
I am glad Mika didn't lose his memory nor his emotions. Losing humanity and gaining eternity is still quite bad tho.

New guy seems legit
Apr 26, 2015 4:44 AM

Apr 2014
Haytin said:

It will have a second cour, that's why
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 26, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
I really did not like how the new pink-haired character being introduced. It felt really fast from hating each other to being fine with each other. I bet there will be a little comedic conflict between them, but still that was too fast. And it's so corny how Yuu convinced the pink-haired man to see his sister. With a punch & a two sentences lecture. That's too convenient.

And how Mika did not die when he had been losing so much blood, critically severed, & got stabbed by a hand was really badly written. This anime show really likes to give the main characters plot conveniences.

Last thing, why did Shinoa join the aptitude test? I thought she's already in the army.
I like anime.
Apr 26, 2015 5:11 AM

Oct 2007
AlexTheRiot said:
I didn't notice the bgm drowning out the voices, but this is the third episode where I've felt like several scenes in the first half of the episode had a very badly placed OST. This time it was the flashback, when Krul is confronting Ferid and saving Mika. Last episode it was during the Shinoa fight, the intensity of the music was distracting from the dialogue almost like trying to read a book accompanied by some death metal. Granted those scenes have action in them, but the music never rises and falls with the scene. It's like they realized too late they hadn't gotten a corresponding piece from Sawano for certain scenes so they just had to throw in whatever existing piece they thought fit best.

Those are exactly the scenes I'm talking about so it really isn't just me then. This isn't the first time it's happened too with Sawano and I'm starting to think he just comes up with stuff and then they try to match it too the show as best they can and he's being used cause he's popular if nothing else. I don't think he's the only composer who does this either, just one of the more obvious since everything he comes up with is mixed way too loudly.

skudoops said:

I really want to like this show well enough as a guilty pleasure and am honestly still trying to even at this point, but it's hard not to agree with everything you said at this point aside from the animation which is solid to pretty damn good a lot of the time though I could say that for many shows. Shinoa as played by Saori Hayami is kind of the only truly good thing about this, so once again I'm kind of just finding myself watching a show for her performance as a character. I'd hate to see what happens to the show if she were to not even be in it for an extended period of time.
PeacingOutApr 26, 2015 5:18 AM
Apr 26, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
Haytin said:

I saw a plane at the beggining of the preview,that plane is only on the end of chapter 7 of manga and they get their weapons on chapter 6 so...
Apr 26, 2015 6:37 AM

Dec 2013
With every episode gets more cliche >.>
Apr 26, 2015 6:48 AM

Aug 2010
Mika got a kiss from a cute loli vampire? Don't know whether he was lucky or unlucky but he fulfilled every man's dream xD
Apr 26, 2015 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
So far is okay (although I felt like there something missing) that's why I felt a bit bored
Apr 26, 2015 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
skudoops said:
fst said:

Animation quality often isn't related to budget at least not directly. The animation looks really nice so far.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 26, 2015 7:58 AM

Feb 2011
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Last thing, why did Shinoa join the aptitude test? I thought she's already in the army.
was wondering the same, guess she did just to mess around, since her duty was to watch over yuu and kimizuki and apparently she has no other orders for now

Kyotouryuu said:

it is, the only way to deal with it is taking it less seriously

ChromiumSX said:
So far is okay (although I felt like there something missing) that's why I felt a bit bored
lots of little meaningful bits of scenes got cut, that may be why
ZeandoApr 26, 2015 8:03 AM

Apr 26, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
Reading the comments, I'm guessing that most haters are just hipsters/elitists that are just here to hate TEH NEW SNK!!!! NOOOOO WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MORE LOLDEEP/EDGY SHIT THAT I LIEK :''''''''(

Anyway, I like the way they adapted this.I mean no 1 chapter per episode. That would be too long. Nice episode 4.5/5

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers.
TyrelApr 26, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 26, 2015 8:21 AM

Dec 2012
Chuunichan said:
Reading the comments, I'm guessing that most haters are just hipsters/elitists that are just here to hate TEH NEW SNK!!!! NOOOOO WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MORE LOLDEEP/EDGY SHIT THAT I LIEK :''''''''(

Well . . . , no.
I like anime.
Apr 26, 2015 8:24 AM

Jun 2009
I hate to admit this but I kind of liked this episode, even if when I saw the first episode I had the worst impression of this show. It's still average at it's best, though.
However, the vampire loli is so unoriginal. Just to show she's unoriginal, there's a loli vampire queen that appeared before her, who "coincidentally" had the same last name, Nina Tepes from Dance in the vampire bund.
Apr 26, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2015
Still a bad anime

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Apr 26, 2015 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
HotaruKara said:
I hate to admit this but I kind of liked this episode, even if when I saw the first episode I had the worst impression of this show. It's still average at it's best, though.
However, the vampire loli is so unoriginal. Just to show she's unoriginal, there's a loli vampire queen that appeared before her, who "coincidentally" had the same last name, Nina Tepes from Dance in the vampire bund.

It's Mina, not Nina, but yes. Even the voice actress is the same... Also, a guy rivalling with the protagonist (but only in the beginning), working for the military so that his younger sibling, infected with the Apocalypse Virus, would get proper treatment... *Guilty Crown flashbacks, faint memories of Evangelion* Totally original. I'm not even mentioning all the other generic shounen vibes.

I guess that's what I get for starting anime just because there's a long-haired bishounen in there.
Apr 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
Zeando said:
Kyotouryuu said:

it is, the only way to deal with it is taking it less seriously
This.
Apr 26, 2015 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
It was a little awkward that they stopped the army's puppets during the test so that Kimizuki and Yuu could have their moment in front of everyone else in the room... Also, animation quality has had some lapses, but all the close up shots of people have awesome animation. I LOVE the seiyuus for the vampires. Their tone of voice is actually perfect. Welcome back Mika. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Yuu and Mika meet up again.
Apr 26, 2015 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
HotaruKara said:
Just to show she's unoriginal, there's a loli vampire queen that appeared before her, who "coincidentally" had the same last name, Nina Tepes from Dance in the vampire bund.

I think more than just having the same name in order to copy off of Mina Tepes, I think the manga mentioned that the name Tepes comes from a historical figure Vlad the Impaler (aka Vlad Tepes in Romanian) who was the basis for the character Dracula, hence the connection to the naming of vampires in anime/manga. So, basically it probably is actually a coincidence, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Apr 26, 2015 10:09 AM

May 2013
We get to see how Mika turned into a vampire. Krul Tepes looks like something you'll get out of a little sister making a rant. I find it kinda funny.
New character gets introduced and he also reminds Yu of himself. They should get along just fine now.

Yeah, this episode went slow.
Apr 26, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
This is getting my attention now, or maybe just the queen.

I don't quite like the bromance, but its fine I guess.

Hope this will get better.
Apr 26, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
That was interesting, I have high hopes for this anime. It's too short in my opinion though, I hope they don't rush an ending.
Apr 26, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. Definitely the AOTS for me.
Apr 26, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
Must have been the cutest declaration of war in history. Krul's voice and expression matched perfectly at that moment.

And this:

Tokoya said:
bastek66 said:
Smug
Best girl strikes again
Apr 26, 2015 2:07 PM
Jan 2015
seems like yu and telephone pole will be good friends
Apr 26, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2014
I never understood why people think it's necessary to "be there" for your family when they're in the hospital. There's nothing beneficial you can do by being there, you'll just be in the doctors way and potentially bring contaminants into their room.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 26, 2015 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
Introduction of Kimizuki, I like his personality. I think Yuu and Kimizuki will become a good pair.
Next time, finally a weapon for Yuu.
Apr 26, 2015 3:06 PM

Apr 2012
Another perfect episode. And soooo much Mika in this one <3 Ahaha Kimizuki is my new favourite of course :D I love these friendships (or what) which Kimizuki and Yuu have. :D
OokamiRisuApr 26, 2015 6:10 PM
Apr 26, 2015 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me, or does Shinoa and Yoichi look cute together?
Apr 26, 2015 3:30 PM
Oct 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Yeah but 2 of those anime were done by Madhouse (They have the most money to throw around for their adaptations) and the last one was A-1 which also is a larger anime studio that has extra money to throw around. It's not really fair to compare.

black1blade said:

Animation quality often isn't related to budget at least not directly. The animation looks really nice so far.

Well don't get me wrong the artwork is great, I mostly have issues with the fights. I suppose it's a bit unfair to compare them with madhouse work, but if they are making an action anime I'd like if they would put the most effort into the fights. Moribito is another anime with extremely good fighting scenes.
Apr 26, 2015 5:33 PM

May 2010
Still getting annoyed by Yu's personality, but I suppose he's getting better. The best part of this episode was any part Krul was present! Love her and she's pretty bad ass.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.