Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 10:07 AM
Oct 2010
Z4k said:
The episode was predictable but it was still ok. Nothing mind blowing or anything of the sorts. I have a fair bit of question and I hope I get my answers like why does the virus affect only those older than the age of 13. The next episode preview has me worried because I don't see the point of building a school when the world is in ruins. Seems really unnecessary to me.

Actually with the entire world in ruin, education becomes that much more important. A school with uniforms is stupid though, like holy shit.. way to force the HS setting there guys. I don't think they built that school either, they probably just used one that was already there. Also I suppose that virus is gone now or something? That dude in the cloak is clearly over 13 and the MC is 16 at the end of the ep.

May 2013
That introduction was intriguing. A virus of some sort killing humans except those ages 13 and below. Then vampires came in had all the "fun".

That was tragic. As assumed, protagonist is on a mission to avenge his family. Joined the humans to obtain power. Sounds very familiar.

Jan 2014
Wow, his family...it was pretty sad.
;_;

Now seeking vengeance, I love that. Reminds me of...some amazing anime I've watched before.
ShonaseApr 4, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Zentyy said:
A strong first episode, it kept me interested from the start until the credit started rolling. The backstory was pretty cool and so far i'm liking the main character. Im definitely gonna keep on watching this, just a bit sad it's only gonna be 12 episodes but I guess that's understandable since the manga only have 30 chapters so far.

It's 24 episodes actually. This is a split-cour though so the other 12 episodes will be airing in Fall. The anime will be going further than the current chapters but the author is working with the studio and supervising the anime so there's nothing to worry about it going anime-original ending.
EasyGo-erApr 4, 2015 10:11 AM

Apr 4, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
Looks promising, but i can count on 2 hands how many shows have looked that way in the past 6 months, and they have all failed to keep up that expectation
Apr 4, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
Merkk said:
[spoiler]
Someone needs to teach these kids trigger finger discipline, jesus christ. An accidental jerk of his finger would have ended this anime right then and there.

Lol![/spoiler]

That opening scene. Rip humanity....

I liked the background art. I didn't foresee all the children being slaughtered then and there. It was shocking I guess, but I didn't feel the emotions intended.

That curry looked pretty delicious.

I look forward to see how revenge ends up shaping the mc.
DreamingLilyApr 4, 2015 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
That was pretty awesome, I was hyped as fuck for this and it did not disappoint. 10/10

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:

It's 24 episodes actually. This is a split-cour though so the other 12 episodes will be airing in Fall. The anime will be going further than the current chapters but the author is working with the studio and supervising the anime so there's nothing to worry about it going anime-original ending.

It should definitely be a great adaptation, there's a lot of things going for it. I look forward to see how they adapt certain parts.

Anyways, I'm just excited for Yuu to kick some ass next episode!
Apr 4, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2011
EasyGo-er said:
Zentyy said:
A strong first episode, it kept me interested from the start until the credit started rolling. The backstory was pretty cool and so far i'm liking the main character. Im definitely gonna keep on watching this, just a bit sad it's only gonna be 12 episodes but I guess that's understandable since the manga only have 30 chapters so far.

Oh that's good news, looking forward to it!
Apr 4, 2015 10:15 AM
Apr 2014
what a great start man! and that animation!

also found the osts good.

looking forward the next episodes.
Apr 4, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
I felt this was sort of a let down. The art, animation, and sound are very well done, but I don't really think that the rest of this episode redeemed it. Yu is literally a copy pasted Eren. The whole "we are a family thing" was way too forced and had, in my opinion, little to no affect on me. Thanks to the preview, we all knew from the start of the episode what would happen to the orphanage members.

Overall I'll give this first episode a 2.5/5. I really hope it steps up it's game in the future.

mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Apr 4, 2015 10:25 AM
Dec 2014
This show is a big "?" mark for me. It's certainly too early to judge, but can't say it hooked me after the first episode. Will watch a couple more episodes before deciding to either stick with it or drop it.
Apr 4, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
Don't really know what to think of it... not bad 1st ep...

But when Yu came out and hug that guy, that guy fell down... even though it's not like he pushed him or anything... it's a detail but I found that stupid
Apr 4, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2015
I like but it was so generic..

The little boy wants revenge with monsters... We have a lot of this.
Apr 4, 2015 10:30 AM

Feb 2013
That was blunt to a hilarious degree. Also yeah this will get very generic very fast so keep your ceiling of expectations low for this one
gedataApr 4, 2015 10:34 AM
Apr 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
Wait I don't remember that cute heartbreaking hug from the manga! Omg that took me by surprise!
Don't know how to fill about the animation yet. It's Witstudio and all but the backgrounds made too much contrast with the characters in my eyes. We will have to see. Anyways good start. Can't wait for next ep
Apr 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2012
I had the bad feeling the moment Ferid appeared, damn.

It was good, the art overall was great with the character design as well as the background. Smells like tragedy all over the place so I'm just wondering if it's gonna be like Akame ga Kill where everyone just fucking dies...

I like it, it's gonna fuck me up so I'm gonna continue watching.
Apr 4, 2015 10:33 AM

Jun 2008
Considering how rushed the first chapter is in manga too, I think they did a decent job with adaptation. I just wish they had taken a bit more time with Yuu and Guren's first encounter.

OTOH I love how rustic and rough the background art looks.

Though... mfw when they take out some yaoi vibe from Ferid and Mika and decide to give that to Guren and Yuu lel it's about Ferid and Mika!
Aryashine!
Apr 4, 2015 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
It felt like it was rushed but it's a good start
Apr 4, 2015 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow I get the feeling this is connected to Strike the Blood especially when they talk abut progenitors and stuff.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Apr 4, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2013
Lyrisia said:
Don't really know what to think of it... not bad 1st ep...

But when Yu came out and hug that guy, that guy fell down... even though it's not like he pushed him or anything... it's a detail but I found that stupid

It's supposed to be more of a surprise more than anything though. Like the overused scenes of a cute dog jumping on a human in most stories.

alen29 said:
Somehow I get the feeling this is connected to Strike the Blood especially when they talk abut progenitors and stuff.

Well, the progenitors stuff and vampires do go hand-in-hand in most stories so it's really nothing imo.
EasyGo-erApr 4, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 4, 2015 10:52 AM
Oct 2013
Quite stereotypical, predictable settings so far, will give it two more episodes and see if it can surprise me.
Apr 4, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2009
Good start, it's time to read the manga.
Apr 4, 2015 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
lol wtf

Akane had hairstyle of death. m8

and no OP/ED?!
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 4, 2015 10:56 AM
Dec 2014
Yu reminded me of Rin Okumura and the story has elements of AoT in it. So far this seems amazing ^_^
Apr 4, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Good start of the anime!
The OST was very nice!
Liked the animation and the gore scenes.
5/5
Apr 4, 2015 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
Edgy teenage bullshit. Most likely dropped, I'm too old for this garbage.
Apr 4, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
That was really good.Excited to see more. Best premiere of the season so far

Apr 4, 2015 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
Good first episode. Theres a lot small changes compare to manga, but its very well made.
Apr 4, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2010
trainwreck of the season
Apr 4, 2015 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
and thus, the fujoshi-bait starts!

Was ok, but something feels of.
Apr 4, 2015 11:08 AM
Nov 2013
Errrr they put one picture with spoiler in the ''pictures'' section page. I know it's probably obvious anyway, but still, this is not very nice.
Apr 4, 2015 11:10 AM
Oct 2010
Also I definitely agree that the MC was the worst character in the lot, even with everyone else getting zero development. He does seem like a clone of the typical hothead MC. But I suppose that's better than another tatsuya and inaho.
Apr 4, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
That 8 year time skip was pretty cool

But Wow, that was an intense first episode

Apr 4, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
Blonde kid turned into a vampire.I bet on it
Apr 4, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
interesting setting, sawano ost is always good, animation quality was pretty good, background art was great

the drama happening was predictable, main character is pretty generic, preview shows some highschool stuff..., wish some more years had passed and the mc was an adult, cg was meh

will need some more episodes to see if i like it or not
Apr 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2010
It was good first episode that shown the setting of the world.

Still this setting isn't suited for 12 episode anime, meaning there will be no ending.

Orginally when I watch the PV and heard something about vampires feeding on small children I was like "..." but it wasn't as bad as I thought so hurray., I guess.
Apr 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Aug 2014
It was a pretty good start. It kind of remembered me of SNK ,though. The children are like walking blood-bags.
The ending part was a little sad with all that kids dying :C
Anyway looking forward for the next episode.
Apr 4, 2015 11:20 AM

Aug 2014
Shrimperor said:
and thus, the fujoshi-bait starts!

Was ok, but something feels of.

It's just not UBW; is why you don't like it.
Apr 4, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Vampires. Humans fight them. Sublime premise.

This show comprises of many vapid facets I've seen before, but I really hope this doesn't disappoint. I'm somewhat captivated by the concept, however the world building is practically this show's lifeline and if it holds back with the tragedy this show is going to be mundane. All those kids dying one by one made me realize this.

Not to mention this show looks awkward as well. The characters are well animated and look decent for the most part but the background has this mucky paint brush filter, and I hope it doesn't become a hindrance to the rest of the show's presentation.

Overall I'm interested, not too hyped for what's to come but I'll stay tuned in.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 4, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
Z4k said:

I don't know but I get the vibes that this anime is going to be a hit among the Fujoshi.

You're right. Im 100% pleased with my bishies. I think the author does it on purpose to please us fujoshi since he is also the creator of legend of legendary heroes which displays not just a female harem but also a great amount of gayness between best friends... He presents action, lolis and boobs for boys and very very close male friends for girls= more fans= more money coming in.

As for the episode... As a manga reader I'm pleased with first ep!;D *0*
Mikaela is life~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 4, 2015 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
Can't say I'm too impressed by this episode but I'm not disappointed either, a decent start I'd say.

Awaiting OP and ED next week.
Apr 4, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2014
Seems pretty interesting off the bat. Didn't expect Yu to actually kill that vampire noble. I like the character design but the plot was somewhat predictable. I already realized the death flag was set once they decided to escape.

Apr 4, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
looks good...loving the art and ost

WHY DID MIKA HAVE TO DIE
Apr 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Arhh i had a feeling that, that was going to happen ;_; damn it shiity vampires. but that glorious music!
If the rest is similar, then I could potentially listen to this just as much as have listened to AOT.
Apr 4, 2015 12:00 PM

May 2009
amare135 said:
trainwreck of the season

Do you even know what trainwreck means? It's manga adaptation. We know what will happen.
Apr 4, 2015 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
"Oh, look, it's the kid of the prophecy that says 'on day X at hour Y a kid will escape and this kid will kill all da vampires.'" rofl
Tell me about this totally unguarded castle. The kid barely escapes and there's people already there to get him lol.

This looks like an average shounen anime, but I'll watch at least a few episodes more.
Apr 4, 2015 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
"I'M GONNA KILL ALL THE TITANS...er, VAMPIRES"

The Sawano OST and background art was pretty good, but the characters and story like really bland and generic, with some gratuitous fujoshi-bait here and there.

Awry said:
Shrimperor said:
and thus, the fujoshi-bait starts!Was ok, but something feels of.
It's just not UBW; is why you don't like it.
Not sure if trolling or serious...
Apr 4, 2015 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
Nice 1st episode but they forgot Mika mentioning what happened with his parents and the other kids as well but well it's just a detail.
Apr 4, 2015 12:06 PM
Oct 2010
That was ok. It felt a bit rushed but there really wasn't any other way around it...
I expected the animation to be better, but it's not like I'm disappointed either. Eh, pretty much everything about this episode was in the ok-zone for me.

rinnie002 said:
It's Witstudio and all but the backgrounds made too much contrast with the characters in my eyes.

I felt that too...

On a side note, hadn't I read the manga, I'd probably end up dropping this after a couple of episodes. The manga had me eye-rolling several times in the early chapters and if it weren't for my faith in the author and my love for the art style...then I'd also have given up on it really fast. I'm glad I didn't.

This series has a shamelessly clichéd start. (Oh the next episode will be even worse... No worries though, Shinoa can make everything and anything worthwhile.) But if you can make it past that, there's good things in store later on.

jiyoan said:
"Oh, look, it's the kid of the prophecy that says 'on day X at hour Y a kid will escape and this kid will kill all da vampires.'" rofl
Tell me about this totally unguarded castle. The kid barely escapes and there's people already there to get him lol.

Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.