Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2010
Scheherazade sure loved her country and its people, sad to see her gone.
Glad to see everyone working together to get the medium destroyed.
So Titus is back, really enjoyed the Leam empire!

So what would Kou and Hakuryuu do?
Well I sure enjoyed watching Magi every week.
Mogamett and Yam a really unique yet sweet bond.

8/10 but the 8.66 as of now surprises me o.o
Mar 30, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
theaznkid360 said:
Up next Magi: The Empire of Magic ? My guess on what it will be called

Magi: The Origin of Magic is gonna be my bet.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 30, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
IronLobster said:
This is a story of kings and their people. This is a story of the creation and destruction of countries. It's about leadership and corruption. If the fights is all that matter to you then I really do pity you.

Where did I mention that the fights were all that mattered to me? Please don't get me wrong; I find the world of Magi truly immersive, but I wish they'd at least tone down the battles because, although it was hinted from the first episode, this whole war seemed more like a pretext to bring back everyone for a big brawl, with some even spawning out of nowhere almost for plot convenience *cough* Morgiana *cough*. It felt rushed. And as much as I love Kougyoku-hime, her reaction "Don't you dare hurt my brother and Alibaba-chan!" before going on a rampage was so cliched it lacked any dramatic impact IMO. The whole deal with Titus also felt like forced drama at first and that was hard to swallow. Mogamett managed to save the day though and his tale on discrimination gave an interesting motive for his decisions.

Following the hints from some manga-readers, I am keeping my hopes high for the next installment (if I don't read the manga in the meantime).

I admit I might have gone a bit far in saying that Djinn-users could only rely on their powers to satisfy their political ambitions.
MythiaMar 30, 2014 8:49 PM
You just can't spell slaughter without laughter...
Mar 30, 2014 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
Such peaceful ending, the part the Ugo, Scheherazade, and Titus was cute
The Seven Seas Aliiance fully Djinn'd up is scary as fuck

Forgetful00 said:
why can't they just make him a GUY, and stop with the girly looking.

Because he is literally a clone of Scheherazade
Mar 30, 2014 9:12 PM

Mar 2010
10/10. Enjoyable ending. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 9:17 PM

Oct 2013
I have read the manga

And after finishing this episode, I am indeed impress with this adaption.

The only thing that upsets me is that they didn't show the kougyoku is still under sinbad's spell.

Since I love magi so much, and handled almost everything perfectly, this series in my eyes gets a 10/10.

Looking forward to the next season, and I wouldn't mind a movie.
Mar 30, 2014 9:20 PM

Mar 2010
theaznkid360 said:
Up next Magi: The Empire of Magic ? My guess on what it will be called

I don't think so... Kingdom Of Magic apparently was 'destroyed' . :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 9:48 PM

Sep 2012
Mythia said:
IronLobster said:
This is a story of kings and their people. This is a story of the creation and destruction of countries. It's about leadership and corruption. If the fights is all that matter to you then I really do pity you.

Where did I mention that the fights were all that mattered to me? Please don't get me wrong; I find the world of Magi truly immersive, but I wish they'd at least tone down the battles because, although it was hinted from the first episode, this whole war seemed more like a pretext to bring back everyone for a big brawl, with some even spawning out of nowhere almost for plot convenience *cough* Morgiana *cough*. It felt rushed. And as much as I love Kougyoku-hime, her reaction "Don't you dare hurt my brother and Alibaba-chan!" before going on a rampage was so cliched it lacked any dramatic impact IMO. The whole deal with Titus also felt like forced drama at first and that was hard to swallow. Mogamett managed to save the day though and his tale on discrimination gave an interesting motive for his decisions.

Following the hints from some manga-readers, I am keeping my hopes high for the next installment (if I don't read the manga in the meantime).

I admit I might have gone a bit far in saying that Djinn-users could only rely on their powers to satisfy their political ambitions.

To be honest, a lot of the shounen hax and what not was A-1's fault. The explosions weren't nearly as big in the manga and while they should've toned it down like you've suggested, it was still pretty to watch imo. I really do suggest the manga if you're up to it. It's gonna be a long ass time before season 3 comes around.

Mar 30, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2011
I feel like the lack of sufficient Morgiana time is corrupting my score for this season. Oh well. Fun season, but it definitely had many dry spells.

5 is the average of 10, so 7/0: above average.
Mar 30, 2014 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
Oh god. So it's finally over... I really loved the episode! Sindria allying with Leam kinda surprised me!

I'm so happy that Titus is back as a Magi! :D

Can't wait for a possible S3 + Sinbad OVA.
Mar 30, 2014 10:39 PM
Nov 2013
Me gay a sad, beautiful ending. Seeing Yamhaira cry broke my heart. Titus came back and the everyone was reunited! What a great second season. Season 3 better happen.
Mar 30, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2013
well at least that's a happy ending..

But it's too hurry ._.

I need the season 3.
made by bunnyama
Mar 31, 2014 12:04 AM

Nov 2013
Oh I cried rivers when Titus came back, the song in the background forced me to. That was the most amazing episode, such a beautiful ending. And the funny moment when Kouen grabbed Aladdin and everyone was like "WTF?" I will be longing for a season 3 *o*

Mar 31, 2014 12:39 AM

Aug 2010
Still not getting why the hate from people -.- (Even though the 8.66 shows how many tsundere's are around :P)

I thought this was done as good if not better than the manga.

I personally thought the war arc got a bit dragged by the end of the manga arc but here they finished it in 3 eps which made it feel awesomely paced :D

Poor Yamu. Nice seeing her cute loli side :3

And Hakuryuu O_O

Titus back as a magi was nice ^^

And u gotta admit that Extreme Magic combo attack was EPIC!

I found it interesting how they were showing Sinbad when Mogamett was saying "Even if someone who u think is the greatest person in all aspects, don't entrust everything to him" FORESHADOWING!!! hehe ^^

So yeah, I'm gonna say **** it and give this a 10/10. Loved it from start to finish :P And at least it didn't end with a filler like S1 -.-
Barion-ZaraMar 31, 2014 12:51 AM
Mar 31, 2014 12:42 AM

Apr 2011
kinda lame they had to revive a character at the end (something I can only accept in the Dragonball universe)
Mar 31, 2014 12:48 AM

May 2007
Season 3 won't happen for awhile, it might after 2 years but not this October. The manga is only about 20 chapters ahead of the anime. Currently, the manga is doing a flash-back arc of what happened in Alma Torran and I believe it will be quite a lengthy arc. Making that into anime form, not sure if it would be appreciated because I reckon if they were to do a 25 episode series, most of it would end up being the flash-back arc, so no Alibaba or Aladdin but then again Soloman is essentially a more grown-up version of Aladdin.

Someone was spouting crap that the manga did it better than the anime earlier in this topic and one of those who said it was a chap called "Kerozinn". Now I know this guy really doesn't read the manga, the anime is almost panel-for-panel identical.
Mar 31, 2014 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
my beautiful Titus yeah he's back I'm so happy ^^ -tears of joy-
Mar 31, 2014 12:54 AM

May 2013
Nooooooo it ended :( i was so hyp every week because of this now it ended the same with hajime no ippo :(
Mar 31, 2014 1:01 AM

Oct 2013
Forgetful00 said:
Hmm a decent finale, 8/10.
.... Titus with long hair and nearly topless -.- why can't they just make him a GUY, and stop with the girly looking.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL. I thought he came back as a girl....
Mar 31, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2014
I really like all characters and story both manga and anime good that they ain't doing any filler and following main story thus slowly we won't see next seasons till 2015 at least :)
Great Episode 6 out of 5
Mar 31, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2013
An improvement from season 1, but the manga is still superior
As for the ep itself, it was a good ending and nothing more appreciated from A-1 this time that they chose to faithfully adapt the manga (at least compared to season 1).
8/10
Mar 31, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2009
Ugo, Hakuryuu and Judar making an appearance! And that chibi Scheherazade and Titus was just so cute.

The anime may not be as good as the manga, but it had great seiyuus who were really in character. Nice execution of emotions.
Mar 31, 2014 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Well happy ending final ep, The medium destroy by alladin solomon wisdoms making mogammet realize his error ways & titus reborn thank to sherehaza..de arg whatever her name is sacrifice.

The anime has up & down but still decent adaptation of a great manga 8/10. I want magi brotherhood!
Mar 31, 2014 2:08 AM

Oct 2013
Nice ending,good to see Titus alive again and also Ugo's head lol

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Mar 31, 2014 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
JCDRANZER said:
Someone was spouting crap that the manga did it better than the anime earlier in this topic and one of those who said it was a chap called "Kerozinn". Now I know this guy really doesn't read the manga, the anime is almost panel-for-panel identical.
Barion-Zara said:
Still not getting why the hate from people -.- (Even though the 8.66 shows how many tsundere's are around :P)

I thought this was done as good if not better than the manga.

Yeah, this episode at least was done better than it was in the manga. The animation was smooth and soundtrack was stable. I really like the added touch of the background in the one scene with Mogamett in the cage and the windows too where the things appeared. Another cool scene was where Scheharazade died.

What I didn't like was how they left out the part where it was shown that Sinbad was controlling Kougyouku still.

Great episode, very emotional. Honestly, if they had adapted the war correctly (and a couple of other scenes), this would've been a near perfect adaption. Also, we didn't get an anime original ending this time, so that's good.

Mar 31, 2014 2:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Enjoyable watch for sure. I must admit I prefer the early concept of Magi, finding Dungeons and the whole Arabian Nights feel to it. I know it was only a means to an end, but it was a lot more attractive to me than the shounen mega battles. Still, no question that is vastly superior to most shounen's even with A-1s less than stellar adaption efforts.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2014 2:38 AM

Oct 2012
Damn. That was really good, I'll have to pick up the manga.

8/10
f42f21f24aMar 31, 2014 2:42 AM
Mar 31, 2014 2:55 AM

Feb 2012
Magi really suprised me.
I expected it to be shitty because of the last season's filler ending and expected Chuu to be great because of the last season. how wrong I was, in the end Magi was great and Chuu was shit.
I think I will check the manga now.
Mar 31, 2014 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
Well... watin for season 3
Mar 31, 2014 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
definetly preferring the manga, the anime scenes were some what underwhelming compared to it.
oh well, nice to see it animated 7/10
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 31, 2014 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
This show really made me realize why I don't read manga's before an anime is finished. Seeing all you manga-purists flame on it every other episode made me glad I was able to enjoy this anime as much as I did. 9/10 for me, and I'm gonna leave the manga for now untill its finished.

And people, please remember: adaptions are almost always unsatisfactory.
All worship the great Tatsuya-nii-sama.
Kronie said:
Only those who are lost and empty seek guidance and fulfillment.
Mar 31, 2014 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
Somewhat disliked the ending, but it was good overall. I hoped Titus revived as a girl though. 8/10.

Time to read the manga.
Mar 31, 2014 5:47 AM

Feb 2012
Titus is Leam's new Magi? Awesomeness!
I wonder what happened to Hakuryuu and why he looks evil! Hopefully a season 3 could explain and further continue the story.
I liked how Kouen just suddenly grabbed Aladdin! I lol'd!

Overall, greatly enjoyed this season! A lot of badass episodes and fights, esp towards the end. 9/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 31, 2014 6:02 AM

Aug 2013
9/10 man i love me some magi. Apparently when u become a magi ur hair instantly gets braided cant wait for a season 3.
Yo
Mar 31, 2014 6:24 AM
Feb 2014
well,as much as i like Magi,when i was watching this episode i felt like that wasnt the last episode at all.There will be season 3 100% cuz of tons and tons of material left to be finished,like with Judal and Kou Queen(cant write her name correctly -.-),Hakuryou etc.
Mar 31, 2014 6:25 AM
Feb 2014
silmaril said:
Somewhat disliked the ending, but it was good overall. I hoped Titus revived as a girl though. 8/10.

Time to read the manga.

hahah i dont think he is a girl.I think he is just messed up cuz he was just borned.I really hope its HE still and not SHE.
Mar 31, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2011
Glad Titus got revived and he's a new magi.
The feels when Marga reunites with Titus. Can't imagine if he really died and left Marga all alone.

MTM3016 said:
9/10 man i love me some magi. Apparently when u become a magi ur hair instantly gets braided cant wait for a season 3.

Haha I just realised that.

Hakuryuu just became super badass. Though it wasn't surprising that he'd team up with Judal.

Wouldn't mind watching a season 3 if it ever comes out.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 31, 2014 7:36 AM

May 2010
Scherzhade!... :/ Her death was kinda underwhelming, I will miss her...

Touching scene between the principal and Yamuraiha...

Kouen is equally sly xD

Titus is Scherzade now! Whoa. Seems like Hakuryuu is against everyone now...

10/10 anime esp. near the end. I am looking forward to any possible sequels, though I don't see one coming any sooner.
Mar 31, 2014 7:54 AM
Apr 2012
To be honest, Magnostadt arc actually my least favorite arc from the manga, but I do love to see all the djinn equips. I wish they will make djinn equips figure for sell soon.
Definitely want season 3!
Mar 31, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
Great finale for the season. Absolutely loved the ending, much feels. Hakryuu looks so badass. Got to see Ugo on the other side. I really hope for a season 3 soon.
Mar 31, 2014 8:17 AM
Dec 2012
Well, i have to say i liked season 1 much more than this one. This season is just to much power, they have the power to blow up cities like someone else said here and it takes the fun of the story that way.
I still liked it a lot and definitely want a season 3.

Also, there was one moment where it showed Aladdin and Alibaba with the image of 2 person behind them.
Who were those 2, i guess maybe it's them when older? Is it spoilers? If yes don't tell me who they are lol
Mar 31, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Great season. Better than season 1, although it was a bit weaker in SOME aspects I would say. I have to justify my rating at a high 7/10 since it's not as if all the episodes stayed consistently fantastic (like the build up to the war and Magnostadt Arc. I'm not a manga reader but I can tell that the manga is probably a lot better than the adaption.

Anyway, about this episode, I liked it. Solid finale! :)
Mar 31, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
And the waiting game begins haizzzz
Mar 31, 2014 10:04 AM

Feb 2012
SEASON 3 WHEN?
Mar 31, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Urek said:
definetly preferring the manga, the anime scenes were some what underwhelming compared to it.
oh well, nice to see it animated 7/10

Sure thing, but there were also some panels in the manga where I didn't know what the hell was even going on, so this episode did a good job to make up for that.
Samurnor said:
This show really made me realize why I don't read manga's before an anime is finished. Seeing all you manga-purists flame on it every other episode made me glad I was able to enjoy this anime as much as I did. 9/10 for me, and I'm gonna leave the manga for now untill its finished.

And people, please remember: adaptions are almost always unsatisfactory.

I'm guilty of the same thing as I've watched the Eragon movie before reading the book. But damn, letting other people influence you is about as dumb as ratings itself.

Mar 31, 2014 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
i preferred the manga, but the anime was still pretty good.
even though i knew what was gonna happen TT^TT those feels

yay ugo-kun~ lol the titus and scheherazade titus blob
lol at kouen claiming aladdin and then kouha and alibaba fighting over Aladdin

season 3 plz~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Mar 31, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode, I assume a 3rd season will come out around November or December and end around the same time again, late March
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Mar 31, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2011
Mallony said:
SEASON 3 WHEN?

Animefan500 said:
THIS!!!

OMG I am bawling my eyes out. My view of Mogmatt changed T__T. BUT TITUS ALIVE. T_____T I couldn't stop crying. S happy Marga and Titus can be together !!!!!
Mar 31, 2014 12:17 PM
Oct 2010
I loved it, but like I said in the other thread I hope the power levels don't get too ridiculous.
Mar 31, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
This was a truly pleasing anime and I'm happy that the manga/animation elitist bitching has been kept to a minimum. Can't wait for next season!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.