Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 10, 2014 5:15 AM

May 2008
7/10 I guess it followed the manga alright xD
Apr 11, 2014 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
As only anime-viewer I fairly liked it, 7.5-8/10 would be just right. Mogamett was one of my favorite characters this season so it was pretty sad seeing him departing from his daughter and Aladdin.

Would watch a third season without a doubt.
Apr 13, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Anyone knows which chapter of manga corresponds to the finale of this season?
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 13, 2014 5:23 PM
Dec 2011
:'(
Apr 17, 2014 11:34 PM

Mar 2008
season 3.. please =)
Apr 18, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 2013
Titus is alive and I'm happy for that :'D
Apr 21, 2014 5:27 PM
Jul 2010
can you tell me please which manga number represents the continuation of the anime(where this battle ends )
Apr 22, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending but it does seem that the story is still far from finished, but I do have to say that I really enjoyed this ending as it was pretty awesome filled with action and a rather cute and heartwarming scene!

So well, all in all I liked this season more than the first, and if there will be another season I'm sure to watch it!
RafaelDeJonghNov 30, 2015 11:10 AM
Apr 23, 2014 6:01 AM
Oct 2012
Hey, I have a quick question and I'm surprised I didn't see anyone talk about it in this thread (even though I only read 4 pages), maybe I'm the only idiot that didn't understand the exact meaning... but when Scherehazade dies, we see two people above Aladin and Alibaba, which seems to be grown-up versions of themselves, is it that Scherehazade has known people that look alike them a lot ? Is it that these people are their alter-ego from Alma Toran ? Is it really just the future version of them ? There are many ways of interpretation !! What are your thoughts ?
Apr 23, 2014 7:21 AM

Jun 2013
volcommz99 said:
Hey, I have a quick question and I'm surprised I didn't see anyone talk about it in this thread (even though I only read 4 pages), maybe I'm the only idiot that didn't understand the exact meaning... but when Scherehazade dies, we see two people above Aladin and Alibaba, which seems to be grown-up versions of themselves, is it that Scherehazade has known people that look alike them a lot ? Is it that these people are their alter-ego from Alma Toran ? Is it really just the future version of them ? There are many ways of interpretation !! What are your thoughts ?

It's just their future version.
Apr 23, 2014 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
This was supposed to be War.........three way war and it ended with one great evil and 13 heroes
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 23, 2014 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
Izanai said:
volcommz99 said:

i dont know about who was above aladin but the person above alibaba is the first king scherehazade choose its shown in the flashback he was like alibaba
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 25, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
Izanai said:
volcommz99 said:

In my opinion.. It looked like Solomon, the blue one. I hope I'm not mistaken, though..
Apr 28, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
Ohh, Hakuryuu.... why, WHY??!! ((
Apr 29, 2014 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
ryuushogi said:
Izanai said:
volcommz99 said:

i dont know about who was above aladin but the person above alibaba is the first king scherehazade choose its shown in the flashback he was like alibaba

Nope, Izanai was correct. If you take a look at the person above Alibaba again, it's shown that he's wearing the crown of the Balbadd royal family. This implies that Alibaba becomes the king of Balbadd. The person next to him is grown up Aladdin who apparently has fresh new clothes.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 6, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2010
Well then, finally catched up, the last episode was really enjoyable etc, but this series is a bit overrated imo... One of not many shounen series I can't get into :/ Not that it's bad, but not as engaging... Tough to say why. Besides that, I liked the first part of this season MUCH better, after the war started it was rather 'meh'.

Good thing weat least got to see Sinbad, I missed this guy. Main characters of Magi are too bland for me :/ Anyway, 7/10, just like the first season.
May 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Jan 2013
Can anyone send me a screenshot about whatever they are talking about? ^ @volvommz, @Izanai, @ryuushogi, @IronLobster.
I did not see anything about anyone above Alibaba or Alladin...

As of the ending.. well I was surprised that it ended like this. But it seems they left some room for a third season. I wonder if they'll ever make one. Great series.
May 6, 2014 8:36 PM

Feb 2013
A little better than the first season. The anime isn't bad, but I don't see why its rated so high on here. Maybe the manga is better.

7/10
May 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
I hope Titus cuts his hair o-o

May 17, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2007
There were definitely some areas I wish could have been more developed, like how the ginger girl gained her powers and explored the other side of the world, but I'm still giving this series a 10/10.

I'm judging it based off how much I enjoyed it, not how great of an adaption it was, or how perfectly explored the plot was.
May 18, 2014 4:14 AM
May 2012
This was was just a little better than the first season, in terms of having more stories and characters, and upping the development by just a bit. Everything else is just like S1.

But damn....Hakuryuu, just damn.

7/10.
May 22, 2014 11:03 PM
Dec 2012
LOVE THIS ANIME!!!!!!!!!! I hope there is a season 3!!!!!!
I am sooo happy that Titus came back alive thanks to Ugo!!!!!!!
The ending was the best it made me cry tears of happiness!!!

I bet theres gonna be a season 3 since it showed that Hakuryuu betrayed Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana and sided with Judar!!!!!!!!!!

Overall it was the best!!!! It gots to be ranked higher and higher!!!
May 26, 2014 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
Yay Titus!

8/10. Definitely better than the first season.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 28, 2014 7:44 PM

Jan 2014
I hope Alibaba will become popular with the ladies. I would be happy to see one episode (even though its just a filler only) with Alibaba enjoying company with a girl either from his household, or another metal vessel owner or just some ordinary girl.

I would be the happiest Magi fan ever if I could see just one episode with Alibaba paired with Kougyoku. I like the two of them be paired in the end because they share the same style when they where still kids. I would love to see those two paired to the end.

Nevertheless, if that isnt possible than I hope I see an AlibabaxMorgiana. Thats my last bet.

But still, I am hoping to see an Alibaba x Kougyoku in the very end. And I am routing for the two of them.

Oh Yeah! I love anime!
Jun 7, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Well, as the first commentator said - Underwhelming, on so many levels. Alibaba and Morgiana just kind of appear, who knows what the hell they went through in their journeys right? Well, I guess Season 3 will shed some light on that but daium.

Also Morgiana x Alibaba. Or am I wrong? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Now Titus looks even more like a girl. xD

I liked this anime a lot, much more than the first season.
Jun 15, 2014 5:48 AM
Jun 2014
I must say this season was thoroughly underwhelming. While this anime has some great characters (other than the cliche villains of course) I must say that they have ruined what i liked and hoped for throughout season 1 and the start of season 2 which held promise. This anime started with Aladdin as a magi which made him special, but now there is a magi at every corner. in fights acts just as a bystander and is timid when people demand something from him (the king of Kou in this example) which defeats the enemies by showing them love etc *puke* What was the point of all this training?! This anime has shown us during the last parts of season 2 that Aladdin is a speck of dust compared to everyone else fighting wise. Gotta love the full equips though. Their durations vary so horribly that it's laughable.
Jun 16, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
Damn that Hakuryuu.. I could never understand him. First he want to destroy Kou because I thought he think Kou was evil so it's obviously that he hate Kouen and else. But later to be discovered that he hates his mom because of family issues. And now he himself turns evil? Jeez that's confusing....
He couldn't ever acquired Zagan without Aladdin's help though.
Jun 25, 2014 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
I would like to say that this was a perfect ending, but I'm slightly disappointed with the mere seconds of screentime that we got from Al Thamen and Judal and Hakuryuu. Oh well, gives me more to hope for in the next season if there ever is one. Otherwise it was a spectacular ending. Magi is love <3 What a wonderful anime. This gets a solid 9/10 from me ^u^

Honestly though, these discussion forums are so depressing. Y'all make the adaption sound terrible like it's the bane of all existence. I'm planning on reading the manga anyway, and I'm genuinely looking forward to something even better - but please, for the love of god, stop making us anime-viewers feel like we're only enjoying crap. It's ruining the experience. You can't expect a movie to be better than the novel, right? Just attach the same principle here. At least the manga gets more fans because of this. Sheesh...

Okay, ranting over. You get the point by now. I hope y'all have a great day.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jul 3, 2014 5:21 AM

Dec 2013
Nooooo Scheherezade why :(( At least Titus is back to life and he is a Magi !
Sinbad joining with Leam, nice. Excellent ending. I changed my mind with these last few episodes - it was actually as good as s1, maybe even slightly better. 8/10
They way it ended suggests s3 is almost certain. Just a matter of time. Can't wait.
Tbh I expected this season to be about Judal and Ithnan but I'm happy with it nonetheless.
Jul 10, 2014 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
hmmm I really liked the beginning of the season but when Morgiana was gone from the episodes it went downhill for me and it felt like a typical shounen anime for me. it was still nice but I'm hoping if there's a 3rd season they turn it around.

and god Hakuryuu will be the death of me, he's my male favorite character in Magi because he's so adorable but then he suddenly turned all revenge obsessed and he's a bad guy now. I pray that he turns sides yet again and returns to Aladdin and the rest. however, it's interesting to see Hakuryuu and Judal so I'm going to bare with it for now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 1:21 AM
Oct 2011
I'm maybe a bit late but WHY LADY Scheherezade :(

Anyways , who is the blue head guy that revive Titus as magi?

Sorry for asking , I've skipped a lot of episode.
Don't mention Season 1 because I did not even watch it but for S2 , I started it on 9th episode
Jul 29, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2011
Wow even with 13 extreme magic attacks combined couldn't fully take down the Medium. It was nice to see Aladdin and Yam have their talk with Mogamett though. That was sort of touching to watch. Really glad to see Marga and Titus together again as well, not to mention he's even become a magi now. Speaking of which, Titus should keep his long hair to remind me of Scheherazade :(. And Marga is just too adorable tbh.

Oooh Aladdin and Alibaba both look pretty cool in the future when they're all grown up. Can't wait to see that happen. Guess I am gonna have to get started on reading the manga soon too.
Aug 8, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
Does anyone know here when will the next Magi season 3 will be shown?

Oh Yeah! I love anime!
Aug 10, 2014 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
I cant wait for the next season!!!! WAHHHH!

Anyway ladies and gentlemen... For the sake of our dear Alibaba - make your choice!

or

Oh Yeah! I love anime!
Aug 11, 2014 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
AnimeAddictKing said:
I cant wait for the next season!!!! WAHHHH!

Anyway ladies and gentlemen... For the sake of our dear Alibaba - make your choice!

This one ~~~
Aug 15, 2014 10:24 PM

Jul 2014
This anime was pretty awesome!!! I loved it!! It was light hearted but it wasn't afraid to raise the stakes and have plenty of emotional moments. This is one of the best anime I have seen, hope they make a season 3. There is definably a lot more story to tell.

P.S. Seeing everyone team up and use their Dyjn equip was pretty awesome.
Aug 24, 2014 7:33 AM
May 2013
Great ending! Titus became a Magi also afterall! can't w8 for season 3! 9/10 for this series. ^_^
Aug 28, 2014 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
it's been a while since i get this feeling watching anime, i'm amazed beyond words. magi easily gets 10/10 for me. i enjoyed the fight scenes, storyline was outstanding, and the ost is one of the best. really looking forward to season 3
Sep 1, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2012
pretty much 9/10 anime all the way until last couple EPs which are 5/10

8/10 for this season...

a bit disappointed but meh...
Sep 25, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 2013
Can someone tell me where i should start reading the manga after having watched both seasons and the sindbad OVAs ?
Sep 25, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
GToast said:
Can someone tell me where i should start reading the manga after having watched both seasons and the sindbad OVAs ?

I don't know about Sinbad, but for the main Magi manga itself, chapter 199.
Sep 28, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2012
It seems my opinion is the unpopular one, but I find everything from the World Exploration Arc to the end of this season to be, by far, the peak of the show. I was pretty lukewarm towards the first season, particularly after the Balbadd arc (which I wasn't too fond of), but this season was a HUGE step up.
Sep 28, 2014 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
the only complain I have for this arc is that there was not enough of certain characters in it, like Alibaba or SinBad.

I liked the story a lot and the character of Mogamett. One may say that he did the wrong thing but after seeing his story he definitely choose the right way of doing things. He created the great country in which people were generally happy. Everything was going more or less okay but then two crazy empires from both sides attacked him at the same time. One empire was pushed back but when second came anyone would say "fuck it!" and go to the dark side just to defend his country. I don't really see any fault in him, if other empires left his country alone, he didn't plan to attack anyone else either. Because he experienced many wars in his live a war was against his ideology but then somehow at some point story makes a villain out of him. Not fair!
Oct 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
My new favorite series! It's just amazing! Season 3 please.
Oct 20, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . Very glad that Titus lived XD . . . However what I am going to say next is not so positive. The ending was like the last season for me, they just had this whole "giga-drill" combat style to it. I mean I really can't stand a serious action that "levels-up" all of a sudden falling back to the basics and basically completely ignoring what they learned. By that I mean did Alibaba use anything other than his Djinn equip (i.e. swordsmanship)? No. Did Aladdin use anything other than his fire ball attack which he learned in season 1? No. Sorry just didn't like that.

Anywhom, again, I did love the ending, I probably will read the manga, although gonna toss it back a bit farther than I thought I would.
Nov 1, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
Everytime the director speaks I just think of Brook x.x

Also needs a lot, lot, lot more Morgiana.
Dec 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2014
Season was a lot better than the first but how the hell did they leave Morgiana out of like half the season? I know there are a limited number of episodes but they should have done something to explain her story or get her back in there somehow... Alibaba didn't end up really doing shit either. He was not really beyond the majority of the people's strength, he wasn't pushing Aladdin to do what Aladdin did himself.

Season was decent overall but there was never really a clear protagonist... well I guess Aladdin but Alibaba ended up being useless and how the hell do you leave a character as awesome as Morgiana out of everything... overall I'm pretty disappointing. Decent season that had the potential to be something special.
Dec 22, 2014 5:25 AM
Sep 2014
Hakuryuu you BBAAAAAAKA!
Jan 7, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
A bit underwhelming last episode but overall this was a really amazing season.
Think Morgiana could've used a bit more screen time.
I'll give this one 9/10, hope they will make a third season soon.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.