Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 2020 1:44 PM
Jul 2013
ssjokg said:

Cutting content by itself isnt bad pacing.

Bad pacing is not explaining what is going or going from one event to the other without explanations. We know hat is happening here.
Being anticlimactic or not doesnt change the pacing.

You want bad pacing?Look at Index III.

No clue where this narrow definition is coming from. Bad pacing means show poorly implements how it conveys events. Moving too fast that the occurrences in an episode fail to leave a lasting impact, is exactly what bad pacing is.

Benkei getting omitted was showing him make up for his awful display earlier own. It greatly hurts his subplot when a defender of the people, is not shown doing so. Kingu is just a cringy mess now because the anime failed to go in depth with how he overreacts to things in steps. Just going from Point A to Point F. ETC.
Jan 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
Gilgamesh said:
ssjokg said:

Cutting content by itself isnt bad pacing.

Bad pacing is not explaining what is going or going from one event to the other without explanations. We know hat is happening here.
Being anticlimactic or not doesnt change the pacing.

You want bad pacing?Look at Index III.

No clue where this narrow definition is coming from. Bad pacing means show poorly implements how it conveys events. Moving too fast that the occurrences in an episode fail to leave a lasting impact, is exactly what bad pacing is.

Benkei getting omitted was showing him make up for his awful display earlier own. It greatly hurts his subplot when a defender of the people, is not shown doing so. Kingu is just a cringy mess now because the anime failed to go in depth with how he overreacts to things in steps. Just going from Point A to Point F. ETC.

People felt the impact so I have no idea about who you are talking about.

Gonna ignore Benkei because, who cares?What the Lahmu do is more important and Kingu is fine.
Jan 25, 2020 3:11 PM

Apr 2017
Idolmonster said:
HAHAHAHAHA, classic CloverWorks.

This whole mess looks EXACTLY like Darling in the Franxx. Alien creatures appear out of nowhere, the show turns to incomprehensible shit.

(and I quite like this, but I assume lots of other people are gonna hate it)

Lmao, this site is hilarious (as always). Pretending like CW has something to do with FGO's plot.. I can't even take this seriously. They are giving blood to this adaptation, trying to animate everything as us fans deserve and then someone just says "classic CloverWorks". And the "alien" part is beautiful, some research about who Tiamat is would be nice, I mean, the anime says everything u need to know so I don't really know how the hell do u came with Aliens.
KaiserFGOJan 25, 2020 3:19 PM
Jan 25, 2020 3:45 PM

Sep 2017
Now the real Babylonia story begins

this part of the story is going to be good^^
can't wait for tiamat fight
Jan 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
Battle of Gorgon was over pretty quickly, looked nice, not so happy with the outcome though. I was ready to lose Ana in this episode, but damn Merlin as well... Now I understand what people said in the first cour about the plot twists in the second half....

Siduri as well? Main cast feels like it got stripped in half..

Those "new humans" (Lahmu) reminded me so much of Ainz Ooal Gown's Goats, those mouths were just creepy as fuck!

It was quite a massacre this episode :(
Jan 25, 2020 4:48 PM

Aug 2018
"-Oh well, I'm gonna save the main characters which are my 100% ennemies from my allies because they look like ugly mouth vaginas spiders so I kill them !
-Ah ! Ah ! Don't try to change my mind main characters, I'm the ally of those hideous vagina mouth spiders !
*Gets stabbed by said monsters*
-OH NOOOOOO ! I didn't expected to be betrayed by those vagina mouth spiders I've also betrayed seconds ago by killing a bunch of them even though I said I'm their ally"

Can you be even more stupid than that Kingu ? You're really in despair I know but stop doing stupid decisions.

Anyway Ana is goat I'll miss her as I will for Merlin even if he died out of nowhere and for no explained reason (as for now or someone is going to tell me I'm wrong with Fate lore 101).
Jan 25, 2020 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
James-LastOmnic said:
"-Oh well, I'm gonna save the main characters which are my 100% ennemies from my allies because they look like ugly mouth vaginas spiders so I kill them !
-Ah ! Ah ! Don't try to change my mind main characters, I'm the ally of those hideous vagina mouth spiders !
*Gets stabbed by said monsters*
-OH NOOOOOO ! I didn't expected to be betrayed by those vagina mouth spiders I've also betrayed seconds ago by killing a bunch of them even though I said I'm their ally"

Can you be even more stupid than that Kingu ? You're really in despair I know but stop doing stupid decisions.

To be fair to Kingu, he used to slaughter the shit out of the Demonic Beasts (like you can see in the first episode) and they never retaliated. He probably seemed to think the same of the Lahmu and he paid for it.
Jan 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Jul 2016
machetevuoi said:
p3rf3c7ch405 said:
and the Siduri part still haunts me to this day in the game. you basically nearly kill her while she's literally waving the white flag ;____;

so she really is that thing...was really hoping not even tho it was clear at that point

yeah iirc the little flashback of siduri was when she learned what waving the white flag meant and that combined with the fact both Fujimaru and Ishtar sadly choose to ignore her as a threat make it obvious in that context. in the game it's like mash and ur servants attack her til she nearly dead while she just stands there waving her arms so it actually makes you feel even worse tbh but the show did it fine too. really even here it's heartbreaking esp since even after the transformation she keeps her own will and refuses to give into the demonic beast instinct and attack/kill ppl ;~;
Jan 25, 2020 5:10 PM
Oct 2019
yeeeeeeee mama tiamat
Jan 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Oct 2015
time for some cursed imagery

also thicc snake ass
that not a single person asked for

cloverwork plz
your fetish is showing
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jan 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Aug 2014
I just want to say that

Jan 25, 2020 5:55 PM
Mar 2015
Tiamat's children had no use for her
Jan 25, 2020 6:02 PM

Mar 2019
lots and lots of Nyarlathotep coming from Mother Azathoth
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 25, 2020 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
They handled the Lahmus perfectly but they rushed it so much for no reason.
Jan 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Nov 2015
Well this is where the fun begins... Hearing the lahmu's have a voice instead of some text in a phone game is a 100x more disturbing... Anyways the Ana vs Gorgon section was handled very well imo, liked the remix of the gorgon theme. Had the chills throughout the entire ep, been waiting for this moment for quite awhile.

As always can't wait for the next ep and the others to come.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 25, 2020 7:32 PM

Feb 2014
Damn this episode really did make me cry. I thought I could hold down the tears. Held on when Ana sacrificed herself for the better of her loved ones even though she couldn't go against her fate. Held on even when the people lost hope when all they did was believe in the gods that would protect them. But damn it, when Gilgamesh ordered his people to choose to flee and live or stay and die for the nation, I just couldn't hold it anymore. The path of a king is always a lonely one.
And what happened to Siduri was the heartbreaker.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 25, 2020 7:46 PM

Jun 2007
The show has been fun but I hate how convenient everything happens. Bad guys keep becoming allies or conveniently dying. Oh no these new monsters are gonna kill the good guys! Oh wait, Kingu, an enemy just saved the day! Oh wait, he just wants to command them. Oh Wait, they turned on him. Now what? Is he going to become an Allie or just conveniently die?

I'm disappointed. If the game is anything like this then I won't be playing it.
Jan 25, 2020 8:02 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
At this point this show can do anything but I still won't be pleased.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 25, 2020 8:03 PM

Nov 2016
The laughter of the Lahmu reminds me of the COD Zombies' laughter.

FETCH ME THEIR SOULS
Don't question my antics.
Jan 25, 2020 8:04 PM

May 2016
Aure0lin said:
Idolmonster said:

Same studio. It doesn't matter that FGO originates from its own source material - the way CloverWorks depicted chaotic atmosphere in this episode is entirely similar to episode 21 of Franxx. Characters are confused, viewers are confused, the tone shifts drastically and some weird creatures attack everybody around them.
this was literally how it went down in the game. there's a complete tonal shift and everyone who wasn't aware of enkidu's plan is getting their minds blown.

also remember way back in ep 5 when gilgamesh took a trip to the sea? that was him checking to make sure tiamat was still asleep with his own eyes.
I never picked up on that detail with Gilgamesh. Very interesting
Jan 25, 2020 8:25 PM

Sep 2018
Am I the only one who thinks those creatures resembles the bugs from Starship Troopers. I need someone else’s opinion
Jan 25, 2020 8:26 PM
Aug 2019
Woah that took a quick turn ppl dying left & right first Ana Merlin and Siduri. Those Lahmu are so creepy.

Jan 25, 2020 8:30 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! The heroes do all they can to save the day, but unfortunately, things go from bad to worse and the defeat of an enemy means the rise of another. This episode was pretty fast-paced and throws so many explanations and concepts at the viewers that they might need to play the mobile game to understand what's going on. It's not all bad, though; the fast pace certainly helped the action and give the series a much-needed sense of urgency and dramatic stakes. This show is the show that keeps on giving, intense battles and excellent character development included, and I'm really looking forward to see what happens next.
Jan 25, 2020 9:03 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Ana :(
Merlin :(
but surprisingly, and most importantly Siduri :(
... I did not expect for her to hit this hard.

Jan 25, 2020 9:12 PM

Dec 2014
ok like ...these new thing are actually humans huh
Jan 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
Terminator19708 said:
Am I the only one who thinks those creatures resembles the bugs from Starship Troopers. I need someone else’s opinion
i can see the resemblance but they were really based off of the beta from muv luv
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 25, 2020 10:20 PM

Oct 2017
Idolmonster said:
HAHAHAHAHA, classic CloverWorks.

This whole mess looks EXACTLY like Darling in the Franxx. Alien creatures appear out of nowhere, the show turns to incomprehensible shit.

(and I quite like this, but I assume lots of other people are gonna hate it)

Lmao I think this is actually the moment this anime turns great cuz the earlier part feels like some picnic party which mc just talk his way to victory.
After this episode, it finally becomes much more "Fate-like" which I am glad.

Also this plot is from the game's plot , not Cloverwork's original plot.

Also I have a feeling many people will get revived later on because of the underworld goddess. She would probably collect all the souls and keep them safe , and return them to proper place after the crisis is over. As far as I know most of those people didn't get eaten, and they only have their body damaged.

Anyway , these new "creatures", for once in a very long time, actually makes me shiver and have cold goosebump in an anime, simply because of the voice acting. Bravo to the voice actor who did this, especially those creepy laugh which chill my bones.
Ventus_SJan 25, 2020 10:24 PM
Jan 25, 2020 10:35 PM

Sep 2010

Remember that he meant it. LITERALLY.
Jan 25, 2020 10:40 PM
Feb 2015
James-LastOmnic said:

I won't say that Kingu isn't dumb - but he disciplines the lahmu because of their erratic behaviour, not because of their ugly looks or from any sympathy with protag (who he couldn't care less about at this point). Kingu ihas a code of conduct = all adult humans we're used as raw materials for beast production while he has a strict taboo against killing children. The lahmu are acting totally randomly = transforming some humans, slaughtering others and leaving their bodies to rot, and torturing others for sport. They are also harming children. Kingu finds all of this shocking and disgusting.

James-LastOmnic said:

Anyway Ana is goat I'll miss her as I will for Merlin even if he died out of nowhere and for no explained reason (as for now or someone is going to tell me I'm wrong with Fate lore 101).

Merlin was keeping Tiamat trapped in a dream prison. When Tiamat "respawned" after Gorgon was killed (the whole point of Kingu's plan of syncing Gorgon with mother) she saw Merlin in the dream realm and immediately crushed him.
Jan 25, 2020 11:08 PM
Apr 2018
cchigu said:

2/5

Ye, what the fuck is even happening. This show is a mess, they throw weird names left and right as if we're supposed to understand it.
Jan 25, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
ToiletPaperRoll said:
cchigu said:

2/5

Ye, what the fuck is even happening. This show is a mess, they throw weird names left and right as if we're supposed to understand it.

If it's just two guys not understanding what is happening then the problem isnt with the show.
Jan 26, 2020 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
DeathfireD said:
The show has been fun but I hate how convenient everything happens. Bad guys keep becoming allies or conveniently dying. Oh no these new monsters are gonna kill the good guys! Oh wait, Kingu, an enemy just saved the day! Oh wait, he just wants to command them. Oh Wait, they turned on him. Now what? Is he going to become an Allie or just conveniently die?

I'm disappointed. If the game is anything like this then I won't be playing it.

I mean, they've been building the characterization of those characters for 14 episodes now. There's nothing really convenient, everyone is acting according to their own beliefs.

Ishtar got swayed by her greed and it helps that her human vessel was good-natured.
Eresh always had the good of humanity as her priority, her way was just twisted, a fitting of the goddess of the underworld
Quetz is the same as Eresh. She's literally a goddess of good deeds. There's no way she'd allow herself to go against her purpose for existing in the first place.

About Kingu, he was shown that he still not only has Enkidu's memories, he still retains his personality. This was shown when he let human children go in episode 8.
In that same episode, he said that he's the prototype of the new humanity. The new humanity that supposed to be a higher form of being, above the pettiness and the pointless whims of the old humanity.

Instead, they proved to be even lower than that. There's no intelligence purpose to their killing. Unlike Kingu who killed for a goal, they killed for enjoyment. To him, they were like wild stupid beasts who thought nothing but how to satiate their carnal desires

So he had to step in. First, he stopped their unsightly behaviour, as he saw it, and then attempted to take control of them.

And he didn't really "save" the good guys. The good guys had literally two goddesses on their side. They didn't need saving. What Kingu did was an attempt to take control of the Lahmu and have them obey him as his siblings, not mindlessly follow their beastly nature.
astroprogsJan 26, 2020 3:28 AM
Jan 26, 2020 1:44 AM

Feb 2017
Can't help but to compare Overlord III ep 13 vs FGO EP 15 ... and yes fate destroys overlords "dark young" in how creepy they are, you actually see people in panic, crying, etc
Jan 26, 2020 2:25 AM

Aug 2013
Man...this went all the way in with the gore and Quetz is my MVP.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 26, 2020 4:34 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
ToiletPaperRoll said:

If it's just two guys not understanding what is happening then the problem isnt with the show.
Yeah, this is 3smart5me.

The writing is so awful and convenient. Even Apocrypha was better than this imo.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 26, 2020 4:44 AM

Nov 2015
Thanks for all the explanations guys. The pacing for the episode make a lot more sense now. I would rewatch this episode but the Lahmus are too creepy for me to do so.
Jan 26, 2020 4:51 AM

Aug 2014
For those interested, there is a way to translate what the Lahmus are saying
(like in the game there was a trick to their speech)

https://twitter.com/ZerovsNight/status/1221242270650978312

They're pretty much saying the same things as in the game, but the context is way more horrifying imho.

Like, a sprite saying "How do they move? Oh, now I understand" with bloodsprays on screen is nowhere nearly as horrid as that thing ripping a man's leg apart while saying the same thing
Jan 26, 2020 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
cchigu said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah, this is 3smart5me.

The writing is so awful and convenient. Even Apocrypha was better than this imo.

It isnt smart at all. You two are just extremely dumb.

Jan 26, 2020 7:08 AM

May 2014
I felt like scenes were lacking some impact in the episode, but seeing Euryale and Stheno in the beginning was just beautiful.. I still enjoyed the episode and Lahmu are looking incredibly nasty as expected. I hope they take their time a little more on the next developments.

Jan 26, 2020 7:10 AM

Feb 2014
Like with the game at this point of the story, the pacing does feel quicker now, but that's not a bad thing at all. People really shouldn't jump to conclusions about the story being "rushed" before taking a step back to see things a bit more clearly.

Anyway, the fight against Gorgon was quick, but damn satisfying, although seeing Ana sacrificing herself was sad. However, defeating Gorgon meant that things have gone according to plan for Kingu and Merlin paid the price for his mistake. =(

To add to the tension, the new "humans", the Lahmu, look and sounds even more disturbing here than in the game itself. Half on them are animated in CGI, but it's actually pretty well done and it doesn't brake the immersion for me at all. =)

However, one of them was sadly Siduri. So we've lost Ana, Merlin and Siduri all in one episode. Not only that, but the Lahmu back-stabbed Kingu, then ended the episode with such a twisted laugh. Not the sort of thing I want to hear if I watched this episode late at night. ^^;
Jan 26, 2020 7:44 AM
Jun 2016
cchigu said:
Yeah, this is 3smart5me.

It's not 3smart5me and it's not 3deep5me. It simply shows that you're not paying attention. It's your fault.
Jan 26, 2020 8:54 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah... the FINAL BATTLE IS NEAR.... and now we have seen the Lahmu's... ohh i just love how they have been animated and the way they talk and laugh. Yeah...
Jan 26, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was a bit too violent, it was disturbing seeing the innocent people suffering like that, they have been portrayed as beautiful and kind in the civilization of Uruk and they deserve to live with benevolence.
Jan 26, 2020 9:59 AM

May 2015
These new humans are creepy as fuck.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 26, 2020 10:15 AM

Sep 2010
transphinx said:
lots and lots of Nyarlathotep coming from Mother Azathoth

Lovecraft stuff is unrelated to that in FGO, they are just filler to pump out more cute 'evil' girls in the gacha.
Jan 26, 2020 10:42 AM
Nov 2019
While i loved how they said their good bye to both ana (especially to her, because of the beginning part of the episode), siduri and merlin - also not to mention those well done creepy spider shmucks, i really didnt like how the pacing here was handled.

It, while i can see how the fast pacing helps give a better sense of urgency, didn't give gorgons death a good impact or better said , tiamats awakening a better impact. In the last few episodes we got to see Anas intent on fighting her older self and we got a whole arc (since i believe ep 8 is where she first appeared?) of good old ritsuka getting people together and preparing only to have the pay off be told in like..5 minutes? As gil said, that thing is an effin primordial evil who basically wiped out a bunch of humanity in an instant.

I would have like to see their fight to get back to the ziggurat expanded and to gradually see the lahmu f sh.. up. It felt a bit weird to have a moderate pacing of where it takes a while to get to a point and then we just simply teleport to eridu in the next.For me it would have been better if gorgon died and tiamat awakened at about 3/4th in and the lahmu just start wrecking havoc only for ritsuka and the crew to realise what is actually happening, give the viewer more of the sense of horror of the things unleashed upon humanity when ending the episode.

I suppose we'll see how it works out in the end for them given that its still a bit early to call it a mess without seeing what the crew had planned for the rest of the show.
At this moment, i'm fine with it, as im waiting for...him.. to make his grand entrance at a certain point later.
GiatsuJan 26, 2020 3:27 PM
Jan 26, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
Jesus christ, those Lahmu monsters were creepy af. Really disturbing... I wonder what's going to happen next.
Jan 26, 2020 11:22 AM
Nov 2015
LMAO many people not ready for dark turn here.

And saying other bait crap comment thing and don't know the actual source material.
Jan 26, 2020 11:27 AM
Nov 2015
ssjokg said:
cchigu said:
Yeah, this is 3smart5me.

It isnt smart at all. You two are just extremely dumb.

Why reply bot comment that want attentions anyways ? Just ignore them.
Jan 26, 2020 2:49 PM

Oct 2017
redcobra said:
LMAO many people not ready for dark turn here.

And saying other bait crap comment thing and don't know the actual source material.

People are not ready for the dark turn for good reason.

For the first half of this show is like some harem picnic party. The way mc interact/ recruit Goddesses are too comedic and irrational. All mc does is talk his way to victory and didn't do much. Every Goddesses act like some 15 year old tsundere who got easily flatteed by a teenage boy saying pretty words.

The tiger goddess part even further break the immersion of the whole anime due to how comedically she's portrayed despite his immense power.

The show really didn't prepare you for this dark turn due to how everything is so lala land and no-one dies in the first half. (Except with the Gorgon encounter). But nonetheless I'm much more intrigued with this show after ep 15.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order

Strat2005 - May 17

9 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.