Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2018 3:47 PM

Mar 2016
What the hell is this? The timeline feels all messed up! I am really confused even though I have read the manga.

Why did they change Urie's design? I don't remember his design being changed in the manga. Even if it had been changed, I don't think it was anything this drastic.

They never introduced the new member of the Quinx squad. I have no idea what they're thinking. Those people hardly have any scene in the manga. Will anyone even remember them if the anime cuts out their scenes like this?

The anime spoiled Amon's identity in the promo and the opening. How stupid. It totally ruined it for the people that haven't read the manga.

Why are they not revealing Mutsuki's gender till now? It's not even supposed to be a secret from the audience.

I am at least glad that I got to see Hachikawa die again. Not sure why I hated him. I think he did something in Tokyo Ghoul's manga, during Owl Extermination, that I really didn't like.
Oct 23, 2018 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
And here I was hoping I would be less lost and confused with every new episode...
Oct 23, 2018 4:30 PM
Apr 2018
I hate this episode because I have absolutely no idea what is going on. watching this episode felt as if I have skipped full seasons. I guess I'll have to read the mana to know why I'm supposed to care about most of this character.
Oct 23, 2018 4:54 PM
Oct 2018
Woah they are fighting, wonder why
Woah they are also fighting, wonder why
Woah they are ALSO fighting, wonder why
Repeat until episode is over
Oct 23, 2018 5:43 PM
Dec 2015
Is there anyone who would be upset if this just stopped airing? I honestly feel like it'd be a relief at this point.
Oct 23, 2018 6:32 PM
Dec 2017
Andou69 said:
What is happening with this anime now is what happened to FMA's first anime adaptation. With that said an actual not autistic studio is going to eventually pick up and reboot this show and finally do it justice.
The original FMA was actually good from a production standpoint and a lot of people even like the anime-original ending. On top of that, both versions 2003 and Brotherhood, were both handled by Bones. We can only hope a re-adaptation happens for TG, but I think it's very unlikely.
Oct 23, 2018 6:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Abominable episode! Truly, Avery abysmal Season 2 so far.

Except for the really cool soundtracks, this Season has been a total mess! Skipping arcs, rearranging events out of the blue without any coherent means and just dropping everything into the fray hoping that the fans will keep up and enjoy, is just really pathetic! Nothing makes bloody sense anymore, how are we supposed to keep up when there’s a cluster of events just popping out. I’d the same problem with the manga to a certain extent, but the anime sure takes the spotlight in this regard. Aplenty of deaths and critical revelations this episode too and not even one of them felt anything.
Congrats Pierrot-Plus, you’ve really made a name for yourself with this wonderful mess-up! Honestly, the Production Committees should have just waited for the original staff to finish up their work and then made this. Everything that was good about the first two Seasons has been mediocre to abysmal in this Tokyo Ghoul:re adaption, except for the Sound Department.

By the way, what about Kaneki v Arima? This episode sure took a wild turn.
_MushiRock11_Oct 23, 2018 7:46 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 23, 2018 7:14 PM

Jun 2017
Well this episode was a real shit show. Was there even a real plot to this mess? I am not sure.

To many randoms pulled out of no where. Like how am I suppose to even give a frak about a character I do not even know.

Not to mention the animation was pretty crap in parts. Is the studio even putting forth an effort?

Oh and the inconsistencies that have been plagued this series have been out in full force this season. Not sure if studio or source material is to blame for this one as I have not read it.
Oct 23, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
um did i miss something? how Amon came back? wtf is going on this season?

at least the last season was at least consistent...but this is a mess

this is on pace to be worse than Root A
Oct 23, 2018 8:38 PM

Sep 2016
One sentece. What the hell did I jsut watch, and why the hell, I don't even remember 70% of the characters that appeared again, why forgotten characters man.
Oct 23, 2018 8:42 PM
Aug 2017
SRASinister said:
To be fair though the manga had the same problems of pulling characters out of thin air to the point the comments on each chapter would be asking if the character has appeared before in the first series or earlier in the second. I'm not really surprised though by the adaption due to how the manga treated the last fights as well.

To be fair, those who asked that didn't really pay attention to the manga at all or have really poor memory and they are in the minority. Those types appeared in the comment section of other manga too like Shingeki no Kyojin. When I read the manga, I remember all the characters. I have no issue about that with the manga.
Oct 23, 2018 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Lol, it's pretty obvious that this anime will get a reboot in the feature by a notable studio. I mean the profitability and with that the huge fanbase is massive. It'd be surprising if Tokyo ghoul didn't get a reboot.
Oct 23, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2016
Pésima adaptación, creo que Root A quedó mejor que esta madre. Droppeado alv, CHTPM estudio Pierrot.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 23, 2018 9:19 PM
Aug 2014
despite the fact that the pacing and shit is all over the place I can still find ENJOYMENT in watching this series. Idk.
Oct 23, 2018 9:24 PM
Aug 2017
tambi33 said:
I like stories where people die.

Not stories that give people a new lease of life after they're supposed to have died.
Really though, too many people are being brought back; and when this episode reveals the elaborate ghoul experiments at play in the manner it did, it wrecks up all that had been built with kaneki for the first two seasons

That what you got for ignoring the advice of reading the manga before starting :Re. Even the manga author advised anime fans to read the original manga since Root A is non-canon.
The whole one-eyed ghoul experiment with Kanou and Rize was explained in the part of the manga that should have been Root A with the reveal of the Yasuhisa twins. Kaneki spent almost the entire second half of the first manga to hunt the doctor that made him into a ghoul, Kanou Akihiro. The manga also foreshadowed Amon and Takizawa will be transforming into ghouls. Kanou worked with the Clown Souta to capture Rize who has strong regeneration ability so that he can use her in his experiment by harvesting her kakuhou to turn human into ghoul. Kaneki is just a prototype for the Yasuhisa twins operation. Post-Anteiku operation, Amon and Takazawa were listed as missing, Eto told Kanou to make more ghouls using her father and Kanou said that he expected good result using Ghoul Investigators since they are sturdier than normal human. All of that happened before :Re.
Amon, Takizawa and Hide were never showed to be dead. There was a hooded man in the last season that saved Saiko from Shikorae. He was heavily hinted to be Amon.
Oct 23, 2018 9:26 PM
Mar 2011
Himawari9 said:
SRASinister said:
To be fair though the manga had the same problems of pulling characters out of thin air to the point the comments on each chapter would be asking if the character has appeared before in the first series or earlier in the second. I'm not really surprised though by the adaption due to how the manga treated the last fights as well.

To be fair, those who asked that didn't really pay attention to the manga at all or have really poor memory and they are in the minority. Those types appeared in the comment section of other manga too like Shingeki no Kyojin. When I read the manga, I remember all the characters. I have no issue about that with the manga.

Good for you, but that doesn't change that a lot of people were generally getting confused about the influx of characters especially towards the dragon arc. Having a series that releases weekly with such a large supporting cast can do that casual readers that don't reread anything. I had no problem with the majority of the cast of characters in this episode especially with color added to further distinguish, but I can at least acknowledge why it would be hard. Shingeki no kyojin manga was hard too for the for the first 100 or so chapters because of the artwork.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 23, 2018 9:28 PM
Aug 2017
Tubbyman said:
So I guess Amon is back now. That came out of nowhere lol.

Amon, Takizawa and Hide were never showed to be dead. There was a hooded man in the last season that saved Saiko from Shikorae. He was heavily hinted to be Amon.
Amon was hinted to be alive and would be turned into ghoul in the few last chapters of the first manga which should have been adapted instead of Root A.
Oct 23, 2018 9:30 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
i have no idea what happened.
Had to make sure i didnt miss an episode.
Like what kind of bridge is that between those episodes. horrid.

I never read the manga, still dont really want to. was ok with the first episodes but i cant follow it now. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PLOT
Oct 23, 2018 10:09 PM
Jul 2015
As an anime only viewer, this is the first time I've really fucking hated this adaption.

What the fuck is happening? A bunch of combat with random characters barely shown or just being introduced and dying. Suzuya somehow hiding that fucking armor for a cliche "he' not dead" reveal. Flash backs that should have happened forever ago. And deus ex machina appearances from main characters...

What a mess. At least the op is good still.
Oct 23, 2018 10:19 PM

Jan 2018
Himawari9 said:
Tubbyman said:
So I guess Amon is back now. That came out of nowhere lol.

Amon was hinted to be alive and would be turned into ghoul in the few last chapters of the first manga which should have been adapted instead of Root A.

Yeah I remember that scene of Saiko getting saved and thinking that it was Amon, but with so many other things happening at once in this season it just all feels too sudden, like they didn't properly build towards the reveal and just threw it in. At least in the anime that is, I haven't read the manga but I'm sure it's better in there.
Oct 23, 2018 10:55 PM
Sep 2018
The anime is adapting to many chapters into the episodes. In total the Tokyo Ghoul: Re manga has aroind 180 chapters. Considering that the first season left off around chapter 60, we can clearly see that the studio is trying to cramp in so many chapters into one episode. However, by doing this it make the story seem all out of wack. It's a shame because the story for Tokyo Ghoul is honestly pretty good, but the studio doesn't seem to be able to get a grasp of what to make. If your making an anime like this it needs more time to be able to fully develop. The one redeeming quality is the music in the episode, and also the intro is pretty good until it rushes some loud lyrics at the end. I really wish the studio would be able to do something about the story problems.
Oct 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Dec 2017
This episode was such a mess.Feel bad for those who didn't read the manga and are watching this.
Oct 23, 2018 11:03 PM

Mar 2017
Andou69 said:
What is happening with this anime now is what happened to FMA's first anime adaptation. With that said an actual not autistic studio is going to eventually pick up and reboot this show and finally do it justice.

But judging by the ratings and what people say FMA 2003 was actually a great show. Also FMA 2003 went ahead of Manga which ended it studio having a Original ending. Tokyo Ghoul:re however is butchered and is rushed as hell. The source material is there but they are skipping everything.
Geez talk about giving a bad and I mean REALLY bad example
Oct 23, 2018 11:27 PM
Mar 2014
I can't wait for the dub!

I want this anime to be re-done, though
Oct 23, 2018 11:45 PM

Feb 2014
With all this Jingo Jungle, I really feel bad for anime only watchers. Even myself as a manga reader have to join up all these pieces for an actual root.
Btw Clown's entering the fray next. And the insert song is cool too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 24, 2018 12:07 AM

Oct 2015
The series right now is like riding a bullet train. You get on the train, meet a bunch of strangers, each with their own story to tell. You sit on the train, maybe chat to a few of these strangers, catch glimpses of some others. The scenery goes by fast, you don't have much time to appreciate the view before entering a tunnel. Then after your ride you get off the train, never to see the people on the train again. This, is Tokyo Ghoul.
Oct 24, 2018 12:24 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I have no other words to say other than "bad adaptation"
Oct 24, 2018 1:51 AM

Feb 2016
What is this trash?
Oct 24, 2018 2:08 AM

May 2013
What a fucking trainwreck. After S1 Amon just disappeared and Takizawa just appeared out of nowhere as an owl. If it was not for how much I am already invested into the anime I would've just quit watching.

I'm reading the manga atm, just reached the part when Kaneki was tortured and had white hair. A lot of missing details in the anime. Someone close this anime studio down.
Oct 24, 2018 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
Rage_Beat06 said:
i have no idea what happened.
Had to make sure i didnt miss an episode.
Like what kind of bridge is that between those episodes. horrid.

I never read the manga, still dont really want to. was ok with the first episodes but i cant follow it now. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PLOT

manga readinging shouldnt be necessary too understand the story .

but seems like readers and non readers are confused soo dont sweat it its just going down :(
Oct 24, 2018 2:56 AM

Oct 2008
DAMN! everything is a mess and chaotic!
so many events that I don't recognize and characters that pop-up!
at least I see team Haise and others, Akira & Amon, Takizawa, Suzuya, Naki, Gourmet Tsukiyama...and the rest..I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE! THE FRIGGIN' EF!!!
1/5.
matias067Oct 24, 2018 3:00 AM

Oct 24, 2018 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
Probably the worst anime I've ever watched.
Oct 24, 2018 3:28 AM
Nov 2017
Periot
They did a horrible job
They are all out of workers or sth
A good manga
All destroyed
Tokyo ghoul re is better off not being animated
Oct 24, 2018 3:30 AM
Nov 2017
matias067 said:
DAMN! everything is a mess and chaotic!
so many events that I don't recognize and characters that pop-up!
at least I see team Haise and others, Akira & Amon, Takizawa, Suzuya, Naki, Gourmet Tsukiyama...and the rest..I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE! THE FRIGGIN' EF!!!
1/5.
0/5
They ain't worth 1
They need to stop airing
Close this
Oct 24, 2018 3:35 AM
Nov 2017
READ THE MANGA
Anime 1/10
Manga 9/10
So stop this and read The manga
Oct 24, 2018 4:23 AM
Nov 2016
week by week I get more confused with each episode.
Oct 24, 2018 6:36 AM

Jul 2017
How to Ruin an Awesome Manga 2nd Season continues with its weekly dose of trash by throwing nonsensical shit out of nowhere and focusing on characters that are not even the main point in the story. The no manga readers probably understand 0 of what is going on at this point and why are all of these guys fighting. But don't worry, we manga readers are just also perplexed at how horrible the execution of this is.

This is an anime that should have been adapted from the beginning with 24 episodes in each season, while Root A being loyal to the manga and not... turned into that underwhelming original failed attempt.
Oct 24, 2018 10:17 AM
Jan 2017
wtf man,,
this episode is far from the manga,, you know the scene ehen tatara dies ,, i thougt that would great fight but its ,,,
tch,, i disappointed about the anime,, better reading manga
Oct 24, 2018 10:38 AM
Apr 2018
Hayle93 said:
Well aside from all the rushing, the death of Tatara sucked in the manga too. It was the worst moment of the series for me. Such a great and mysterious character totally wasted.

Some of the characters from Tokyo Ghoul who has potential were completely ignored and wasted in Tokyo Ghoul:re. Not just Tatara, Banjou too. Such a waste.
Oct 24, 2018 2:49 PM
Oct 2018
wtf happend to everyone? now everyone’s a ghoul for some fucking reason. also can someone explain to me why one of the twin has a face on her stomach?
Oct 24, 2018 3:26 PM

Mar 2017
Wtf is happening? Plot holes everywhere and lot of ridicoulus deaths made fast and bad of all characters, random appearances and overall bad adaptation...It is getting worse!
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Oct 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
Ok I'm going to be honest. I never thought Tokyo Ghoul was an amazing anime but it was still entertaining and comprehensible enough to continue watching. This season however is just incomprehensible if you are not a manga reader and even they must be frustrated to say the least. It's like they are just animating the fight scenes and said screw character introductions or backstory or any sort of setup. I just can't watch it anymore.
Oct 24, 2018 3:35 PM
Jul 2017
me 2 ? me 2! me 2 :D me 2 :( me 2 :P me 2 :/
Oct 24, 2018 4:08 PM

Oct 2015
well that was sudden! We got thrown in the war between ghouls and investigators with no prior story.

Oh well it was good though, but still sudden.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 24, 2018 6:40 PM

Aug 2016
I've been giving this season the benefit of the doubt hopefully not being as bad as I thought it would be going into the season, but after this episode I've lost all faith. I hate to see an anime I was really liked turn into something I hate on the same level as pupa.
Oct 24, 2018 8:04 PM
Aug 2018
I didn’t like this episode it was just all over the place
The way they introduced that Amon was alive wasn’t as exciting because there was multiple action scenes with random characters
It was like a bunch of fillers In one episode
Oct 24, 2018 11:48 PM

Dec 2013
What a trainwreck.
Oct 25, 2018 12:04 AM

Jul 2013
So they reserved Tatara for about three seasons for this battle, only for him to get rekted by Takizawa in less than a minute? Sasuga, Tokyo Ghoul.
I prefer to not say anything about the rest of the episode, tbh.
Oct 25, 2018 12:15 AM
Oct 2018
I felt so betrayed that i had to talk it out somewhere. What was this mess?
Mutsuki wasn't with hogi? Mutsuki didn't help Amon? Akira didn't defend akizawa?
Oct 25, 2018 2:12 AM

May 2018
It's getting worse and worse. Thousands of unknown characters falling into the episode for no reason at all, badly made animations ...

The only thing that saves the episode is the opening ...

3/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

203 by Spashplayz »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by Termie_senpai »»
May 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.