Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
I found Ram flying over pretty hilarious ^^"
Anyway that puppy shaman sure had good timing... he totally distracted her so that Subaru could hit her??
Jun 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Aug 2015
Man, it seems like people with magic or any fighting skill in this world are OP compared to Subaru. In hand to hand Rem and Elsa defy physics and never run out of stamina, while magic users Ram and Reinhard insta-kill everything with the seemingly-simplest of spells or just nuke a building and come out of like it was nothing. Subaru is always so resourceful and tactical when he get's into fights but always comes out of them battered and near death (if not already dead). It's great how he never wavers towards any of it though and never gives up hope.
Jun 5, 2016 2:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AmnesiA-chan said:

WHAT IS THIIIIISSS!?!?!?!??!?!?!
I wanna know as well.....Makes me think that Rem was the one that cut her horn off
Jun 5, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
This series just keeps getting better and better ...fucking A man. :D
Jun 5, 2016 2:48 PM
Oct 2010
That was a pretty crazy episode. Nice action scenes.

May 2016
The action sequences are very well done. Great episode.

I'm thirsty for next week already. T.T
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'

Jul 2012
Fai said:
So as I guessed, it seems that Ram already got over whatever happened int heir past while Rem did not.
And yeah this confirms that the beasts are attracted by witch's smell. And just like I guessed, they seem to be angered by it. But this yet again brings up the question I had last week - why would they attack something that indicates their creator? More baffling mysteries.

Either way this episode pretty much solidified Rem and Ram as best girls of the show, leaving under-developed Emilia in the dust. Really hope she will eventually get more depth than being a "waifu prize" for Subaru. Still think she might be Satella and if its true that could pay off, otherwise no idea. Talking about the demon sisters though, It was kind of interesting how Rem has a kind of a role of a berserker warrior, while Ram has to rely on magic because of her lack of horn.

Pacing wise, this felt like an in-between episode and sadly the transition from last week to this week felt a bit abrupt and badly handled - having Puck just recap what happened while Subaru was out felt very disconnected from last week. There are better ways to direct such a transition and the way the show did it here felt a bit too dry.
Alas by the time they got into the forest, the show became good yet again and the episode was enjoyable and well paced till the end with some very great action sequences and conversations.

I hope that ending does not mean that Rem would lose her badass berserker form....

Overall a solid 4/5

Say I'm a made evil jealous scientist warlock and I create some homonculi just so I can perform tests on them and torture them.

How would they feel towards me as a creator?

;p
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.

Jan 2008
2 episodes with new content...

WOW. Next is combo breaker?
Jun 5, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
cliffhanger-kun back at it again
Jun 5, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
Man gotta love Rem's dynamic fighting style. Loved the choreography there.

Ram's wind is deadly asf too but I guess low stamina.

Man both these sisters are <3 Whenever an ep focuses on one or the other I end up liking them more for that ep XD
Dec 2012
Ram wears Black panty XD Thank for the food BARUSU
May 2016
GREW said:
2 episodes with new content...

WOW. Next is combo breaker?

Returning by death is the premises of the series. >.>
Jun 5, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:

Oooooh :D!
Jun 5, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, great espiode.

Felt like I had just watched 3 minutes and for some reason the ED started.

Cant wait for next episode! (was going to bed, but forfeit today sleep to see it and was more than worthy a few hours of lost rest )
Jun 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Dec 2009
Subaru is actually using the return from death curse to his benefit? Holy shit that is smart.

Twins were infinitely amazing this episode. I'm starting to see why everyone loves Rem so much.

The mystery of the return from death thing has been bothering me more and more as these episodes go on though. Whoever gave him the return from death also must have brought him to the fantasy world, so Subaru must have some great purpose if they just won't allow him to die. But then why can't he tell anybody about the curse and why is it associated with the witch. So many questions and we hardly have been given any hints so far.
Jun 5, 2016 2:58 PM
Apr 2014
So is Rem gonna lose her demon powers too in order to come back to her senses? They seem like major characters for the rest of the series and they're already losing their major powers.
It seems like Subaru is going the sword route, good the series would be boring if he spammed op magic, maybe he'll meet a swordsman later on that will teach him all dem techniques.

Nezperdian said:
>starts ending
Ow... so soon?

This, this show is really captivating.
I really hope it gets a S2, it's only 10th in the charapedia spring anime ranking and Whitefox are not specifically known for S2s.
Drake1000Jun 5, 2016 3:03 PM
Jun 5, 2016 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
It was another great episode!

It was good to see that Subaru survived.

Rem is such a beast!
Jun 5, 2016 3:03 PM

May 2015
Antearion said:
Damn this episode ended way to fast, and Rem and demon form is a straight savage.

Another great episode. I swear this episode ended way to freaking fast. When I saw the title for the episode I thought we was at the half way mark. To my surprise we was at the ending.

Also got some back story on Rem and Ram. Damn I thought Ram had a deamon form as well, but apparently not. It also seems liek twins in the demon world are like half breads to them. I wonder what happen to Ram to make her lose her horn?

Rem showed the fuck out this episode. The animation was also amazing during her fight. Also it seems like enough though she loses control she still recognizes her sister.

Man I hope they killed the damn dog. Don't want Subaru to die. I mean this is the perfect route. Cant wait till next week.
I haven't read the Novel but I assume the jealous witch took it away; since Rem said that the witch caused her sister great pain a few episodes back

"The difference between a Weeaboo and an Anime Fan,
a Weeaboo wants to marry their favourite characters, a True Anime Fan wants to see them happy"
-inspired by some guy in the comments section of gogo
Jun 5, 2016 3:03 PM
Aug 2013
I really liked how Subaru connected his witch scent with the curse that prevented him from speaking about his ability, now that he knows it comes from the witch, he should be able to find out its purpose I hope. At least i dont think the curse forbids him to talk about itself (meaning he should be able to talk about his unability to speak about his ability due to the witches curse), wich opens up new opportunities. Also interested in the backgroundstory of the twins.
Jun 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Some stuff piqued my curiosity:
-Puck not calling Ram by her name
-That purple villager grill is not around and Subaru didnt even ask what happened to her?

ttcchen said:
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
For those who might be confused, this is what happened.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.
And???All of that was crystal clear...Why did you thought we wouldn't understand it?
Jun 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Nov 2007
Re: Amazing for quite sometime now.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 5, 2016 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Another fantastic episode.

Great animations, especially in the fights, nice story/character interactions like always.

I absolutely lost it when he just all casual like tossed Ram, the tossing and her faced killed me.
Jun 5, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2012
Saister said:
Antearion said:
Damn this episode ended way to fast, and Rem and demon form is a straight savage.

Another great episode. I swear this episode ended way to freaking fast. When I saw the title for the episode I thought we was at the half way mark. To my surprise we was at the ending.

Also got some back story on Rem and Ram. Damn I thought Ram had a deamon form as well, but apparently not. It also seems liek twins in the demon world are like half breads to them. I wonder what happen to Ram to make her lose her horn?

Rem showed the fuck out this episode. The animation was also amazing during her fight. Also it seems like enough though she loses control she still recognizes her sister.

Man I hope they killed the damn dog. Don't want Subaru to die. I mean this is the perfect route. Cant wait till next week.
I haven't read the Novel but I assume the jealous witch took it away; since Rem said that the witch caused her sister great pain a few episodes back

Makes sense. Maybe that's why in demon form she instantly attacks him when he bring up the return by death.
Jun 5, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2012
Really? Cliffhanger again?

Damn
Jun 5, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2015
I hope he didn't cut off her only horn !! :/
Jun 5, 2016 3:10 PM
Aug 2015
ttcchen said:
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

As an anime only most, if not all of this was abundantly clear if you used your brain. I liked how it was presented. The way you're saying it makes me think there was a stupid amount of exposition in the novel/manga.
Jan 2011
AmnesiA-chan said:

Jul 2015
Fuck that cliffhanger, pls. Her horn is probably still there, but that ending is bm. O/5
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 5, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2015
DAMN CLIFFHANGER...

Tfw you can't say about your "returns by death" ability
Jun 5, 2016 3:16 PM
Sep 2012
SpeedFreakz said:
DAMN CLIFFHANGER...

Tfw you can't say about your "returns by death" ability

And trying to mention anything about his "returns by death" would make him activate a certain curse that would make him give off the "witch's scent", give him pain, and could lead to death if he pushes it too much.

He actually tried to use it to his advantage to find Rem since Rem can detect the witch's scent and even more so in her Oni/Demon phase. But in doing so also made the Mabeasts to find him too.
LinkmstrJun 5, 2016 3:20 PM
Jun 5, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
Jun 5, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2015
I can't find the "6 out 5" option, someone knows where is it?
Jun 5, 2016 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
Surprised no one is talking about the blue-haired girl. I'm wondering what her connection is to all of this. I suspect she might be partially controlling the mabeasts and the one responsible for the breaking of the barrier. She is the one that led Subaru to the bald dog to be bit when he was making all the villagers touch him. She was the one that was in a separate location from the kids. She was also not back in the village from what we saw from their little reunion with Subaru this episode.

It's good that clairvoyance was explained and shown as it shows how Ram most likely found Subaru in the loop where he suicided.

Overall a good episode.
Jun 5, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2014
SuperSceptile125 said:
As an anime only most, if not all of this was abundantly clear if you used your brain. I liked how it was presented. The way you're saying it makes me think there was a stupid amount of exposition in the novel/manga.

LoneWizard said:
And???All of that was crystal clear...Why did you thought we wouldn't understand it?

Fappa said:
Uhm I don't know if you understood what they said when you watched it but the episode explained exactly that. They made it as clear as it can get.

Tokoya said:
That was pretty straightforward based off of what Betty said lol

Kantoweru said:
I had no problem understanding that is what was happening based on what Betty said during the episode. No confusion at all for me at least.

Topgunnah said:
I understood that perfectly by watching this episode

Veldin461 said:
As an anime only I think the anime displayed all that information really well. All that was really easy to understand, I don't get how can anyone get confused by it =/

orosan said:
it wasnt even confusing at all in the anime, i understood it pretty well.

Jonny_Mhl said:
What the hell ttcchen? You did really good guesses during Rokka no Yuusha but can't think clearly on Re:Zero? Until now this series is being quite straightforward.
lol i didn't realize i'd left a strong impression in the rokka no yuusha forum

bacapo said:
I got all those from anime, well LN always more details.
Their adaptation still fine and I hope they are not gonna mess up like Utawarerumono false mask did.

Thai777 said:
This was actually what I understood from the episode...so don't worry for anime-only watcher, the anime is doing fine with how it's telling the information.

DenjaX said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The anime explained it very clear. IDK where you get that idea from. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pikellaneous said:
This wasn't confusing at all. What's your problem?

namedrisk said:
I think the representation of how they explained it was fairly understandable and direct.

You can easily undo a simple knot but not a tons of knots tied to each other, period.

Also the rest was fairly easy to follow up not sure how you found or had difficult with it.

I watched the chinese raws and the way they translated that was ambiguous, and after putting myself in the mindset of an anime-only, i found myself unable to fully understand the situation. I have yet watch the english subbed so maybe it was translated better in that version.
ttcchenJun 6, 2016 9:40 AM
Jun 5, 2016 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
amazing as always
Jun 5, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
blazehero said:
Subaru is actually using the return from death curse to his benefit? Holy shit that is smart.

Twins were infinitely amazing this episode. I'm starting to see why everyone loves Rem so much.

The mystery of the return from death thing has been bothering me more and more as these episodes go on though. Whoever gave him the return from death also must have brought him to the fantasy world, so Subaru must have some great purpose if they just won't allow him to die. But then why can't he tell anybody about the curse and why is it associated with the witch. So many questions and we hardly have been given any hints so far.

All your questions should be answered in the third arc itself.

AnimeAdamOP said:
Surprised no one is talking about the blue-haired girl. I'm wondering what her connection is to all of this. I suspect she might be partially controlling the mabeasts and the one responsible for the breaking of the barrier. She is the one that led Subaru to the bald dog to be bit when he was making all the villagers touch him. She was the one that was in a separate location from the kids. She was also not back in the village from what we saw from their little reunion with Subaru this episode.

It's good that clairvoyance was explained and shown as it shows how Ram most likely found Subaru in the loop where he suicided.

Overall a good episode.

It was also hinted in the prev ep when subaru left her out in his reminiscence abt the children.
removed-userJun 5, 2016 3:27 PM
Jun 5, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
Drake1000 said:
So is Rem gonna lose her demon powers too in order to come back to her senses? They seem like major characters for the rest of the series and they're already losing their major powers.
It seems like Subaru is going the sword route, good the series would be boring if he spammed op magic, maybe he'll meet a swordsman later on that will teach him all dem techniques.

Nezperdian said:
>starts ending
Ow... so soon?

This, this show is really captivating.
I really hope it gets a S2, it's only 10th in the charapedia spring anime ranking and Whitefox are not specifically known for S2s.

I doubt Subaru is going to be able to take off Rem's horn with his level of power. I doubt just anyone can do it. From what it seemed like, it's just gonna deactivate and Rem will be normal. Or at least I hope.
Jun 5, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2016
ttcchen said:

I had no problem understanding that is what was happening based on what Betty said during the episode. No confusion at all for me at least.
Jun 5, 2016 3:29 PM

Nov 2011
I never though I'd say this but I really hope that Dog dies. I thought Subaru was going to slice him when Rem threw him into the hair, which would have been EPIC! Oh well.

Something that will probably go unnoticed was during the fight Rem jumped on the Ball and did like a spinning front flip with it, nothing special but I thought it was pretty cool how she was fighting.

I expected her to turn on Subaru, but damn that was crazy.

Also when Subaru backed out at the last second, I could feel his feelings.

Really looking forward to next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 5, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
I really like how smart Subaru is. I wish more video games would use game limitations as a way of gameplay. "Oh, the game penalizes you for actively trying to use this specific command? Well, let's use this penalty as a way of luring the bad guys in order to find the important plot NPC!"

As of now, the twins have had more character development that Emilia herself, which is a shame because now it doesn't feel much like her show. I guess we have half a season still to run through, but apparently there gonna be even MORE characters coming up soon, so time will be limited for that.

EDIT: Also, the guy figured out they're demons super quick or we never got context of that thought process. That, assuming he didn't just accept it suddenly when Ram and/or Beatrice mentioned being a demon and all that jazz.
Lord_ThantusJun 5, 2016 3:44 PM
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 5, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2016
They're good with cliffhangers.. Loved this episode, action packed and intense!
Jun 5, 2016 3:36 PM

Sep 2015
Fly Ram fly high!

Good pace,cliffhangers on point..what a pleasant surprise this anime :-)
Jun 5, 2016 3:45 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Another enjoyable episode with some nice information given and still lots of demon destruction.
Jun 5, 2016 3:47 PM

Aug 2015

In previous episode, I felt she is a stranger even among the children. Like... they dont recognize her as their friend.

I also had no problem.
Jun 5, 2016 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
the best part was when Subaru threw Ram at Rem.

does anyone know why Ram calls him Barasu? Also what happened to his phone and carrier bag, It'd be nice if he kept the pictures he took in his past lives
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jun 5, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
meh............
Jun 5, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2015
ttcchen said:

I understood that perfectly by watching this episode
Jun 5, 2016 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't expect he would use his curse this way.. twice. But it was well called strategy I guess.

Interesting to know that Ram's horn was cut when she was younger for something she believed in but Rem's disagreed with.

Now, we are lead to believe he would go for Rem's horn but I bet he will slice the dog instead, protecting Rem again (which brings her back). And I guess the last episode of this arc would be about his moving on with Roswaal explaining thing while making him his spy.
Jun 5, 2016 4:00 PM

Jan 2011
SansrivaaL said:
Hongu said:
Ram is so much better than Rem. Her charm really shone though this episode.
The animation was really nice in some spots, though I don't really know what was happening since I saw it through a livestream. Still think White Fox is kind of dragging this out, they could have done so much more.

Agree'd, I actually find Ram a lot more interesting than Rem for some reason, could be because of the people from the LN overhyping her too much, but then again I kinda liked Ram even before the Rem squad came in.

Blue>Red in general.

Though I like because they fleshed her character out more so before her sister. Her sister is okay in my book. Seeing as she has a tad of a foil due to losing her horn makes her a bit more humanizing. I can see Rem being more capable in general because of that, exceeding her even though she is the "older" sister, and Ram's struggle to look after her younger sister despite being wholly outmatched.
Jun 5, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Like the anime but kind of wish this arc would have ended this episode.

10 episodes in and it seems like we still haven't got what the main plot is going to be.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.