Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 22, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2012
That was a really touching scene...

So was that stupid ugly puppy the cause of the curse afterall? o_O

Well, looking forward to the next episode.

May 22, 2016 1:45 PM
Jan 2013
How people can still think Rem is best girl after this episode is beyond me.
May 22, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
I think it's clear now that ever since he died the first time in this mansion this overly happy personality of his was merely an act to cope with the traumatizing experiences. And as we saw in this episode this can only bring you that far, sooner or later you break under the pressure.

Still I wonder how many people rolled their eyes because of his attitude just to get hit in the guts when we saw how this was an over the top act he put up caused by his mental damage.
May 22, 2016 1:48 PM
Jan 2015
enginesofdemise said:
How people can still think Rem is best girl after this episode is beyond me.

They seem to be referring to the light novel so I'm hoping we get to see why soon
May 22, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
I think it's clear now that ever since he died the first time in this mansion this overly happy personality of his was merely an act to cope with the traumatizing experiences. And as we saw in this episode this can only bring you that far, sooner or later you break under the pressure.

Still I wonder how many people rolled their eyes because of his attitude just to get hit in the guts when we saw how this was an over the top act he put up caused by his mental damage.

To be honest, it's still damn annoying. :D

His reaction to the "darkness" skill is pretty interesting. The moment with the hand is deeply engraved in him. And randomly, he has the "element" darkness. Pretty ironic.
Ram and Rem joking about the lap pillow scene is awesome though.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 22, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Sometimes791 said:
His reaction to the "darkness" skill is pretty interesting. The moment with the hand is deeply engraved in him. And randomly, he has the "element" darkness. Pretty ironic.
I doubt it's randomly. It's probably connected to the source of his power (or curse), which is most likely the Witch herself.
May 22, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2016
Sometimes791 said:

You literally see his facade crumble and fall into horror and panic.
Even his relatively 'normal' first day tension was part of his facade, but it just had to get to the point of nauseous self-torment on the 2nd day - and then EMT happens.

Hopefully he'll have a easier time dealing with the curse now, as well as hopefully Rem will get a bit off Subaru's case after seeing that!
May 22, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
mozgow said:
Sometimes791 said:
I doubt it's randomly. It's probably connected to the source of his power (or curse), which is most likely the Witch herself.

That is my implication. :D
And finally I can fully join in the analysis. The manga is almost completely adapted.
May 22, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
That was a good episode ka shira.

Those bmaids saying Subartu's birth was a mistake was a hilarious burn!

That scene between Emilia and Subaru in Emilia's room was so sweet!

Though, could someone clear up one thing?
Did Emilia actually know what Subaru went through? Could she actrually see his past or something, or was she sort of playing along?
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 22, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2016
StardustNyako said:

Did Emilia actually know what Subaru went through? Could she actrually see his past or something, or was she sort of playing along?

No, she didn't know the details but she could only figure out that Subaru was under a severe amount of pressure to the point of breaking.

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:

Honestly that's intentional. In this episode the author/white fox basically showed us how suspicious his behavior is and how the method of coping with his traumatizing experiences is almost useless now. If it wasn't for Emilia he wouldn't have survived the third night in my opinion.

His defensive mechanism to keep himself sane got taken to the extreme to make it clear once and for all that this isn't the actual Subaru :)

Nov 2014
ohhhh the lap pillow time was so cute *-*

I'm starting to get really attached to the cast now! Especially Beatrice that gives me this Hachikuji feeling X')

I'm scared... I might become a fan girl of this show TT-TT

May 22, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
mozgow said:
Koyomo said:

What are you talking about? You're rambling there mate.
I thought that obvious troll is obvious :-)
Please, do not feed them.

Wasn't trolling... I'm seriously triggered by this because I really liked the first couple of episodes, and it turned into a shit show. I feel so lonely being the only hater here, wish someone would join me :D.
May 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
hailanth said:
StardustNyako said:

No, she didn't know the details but she could only figure out that Subaru was under a severe amount of pressure to the point of breaking.

Rem, Rem, Ohyaku sama answered crazily fast O_O

Have this ringa pie as my thanks!

"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Honestly that's intentional. In this episode the author/white fox basically showed us how suspicious his behavior is and how the method of coping with his traumatizing experiences is almost useless now. If it wasn't for Emilia he wouldn't have survived the third night in my opinion.

His defensive mechanism to keep himself sane got taken to the extreme to make it clear once and for all that this isn't the actual Subaru :)

And this is why I love these developments. I'm not very fond of such extreme attitudes. That doesn't make the story or the characters bad, it's just a personal thing.
May 22, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2015
Another good episode! I hope it's going to be even better!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 22, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
I'm a little bit confused. What killed Subaru all this time? Was it the curse from the villagers, or was it Rem?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 22, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2015
guyklc said:
I'm a little bit confused. What killed Subaru all this time? Was it the curse from the villagers, or was it Rem?

I think the curse was when he went to sleep and then woke up "in the past" even though we didn't see him dying
May 22, 2016 2:04 PM
Oct 2010
It's the god damn dog isn't it?

guyklc said:

It was both.
May 22, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
the episode was so good.. I have an exam tomorrow but wont miss it for the world.
I hope everything goes well this time
May 22, 2016 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
So this episode pretty much spells out the thing that some people were too dumb to get last week - that Subaru's chuuni behavior is a front he uses to mask his fear and anguish.

Also some very nice info about the magic system and how works(just like with nasuverse seems to be based upon chakra system and the whole inward/outward mana idea). Also is it just me or did this imply that Shadow element is somehow connected to the witch or something? Since when Puck used that magic Subaru got flashbacks to the hand from last ep.

Anyway, this episode pretty much makes it clear that it is most likely the dog that bit Subaru(did he go to the village in the first loop?). If it is true, then it is really sad that **some** people pretend-speculate-spoiled it in the previous episodes already.

5/5
AhenshihaelMay 22, 2016 2:12 PM
May 22, 2016 2:08 PM
Nov 2015
SpookyCece said:
ohhhh the lap pillow time was so cute *-*

I'm starting to get really attached to the cast now! Especially Beatrice that gives me this Hachikuji feeling X')

I'm scared... I might become a fan girl of this show TT-TT

Haha, I was just thinking that
May 22, 2016 2:08 PM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
So this episode pretty much spells out the thing that some people were too dumb to get last week - that Subaru's chuuni behavior is a front he uses to mask his fear and anguish.

Anyway, this episode pretty much makes it clear that it is most likely the dog that bit Subaru(did he go to the village in the first loop?). If it is true, then it is really sad that **some** people pretend-speculate-spoiled it in the previous episodes already.

5/5

They didn't show him going to the village in the first loop, only the second one.

This is kinda interesting to, I wonder what it means exactly.
May 22, 2016 2:09 PM
Nov 2015
Also to any LN/manga readers, do Elsa and Felt come back soon?
May 22, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
GD1551 said:
Fai said:

5/5

They didn't show him going to the village in the first loop, only the second one.

This is kinda interesting to, I wonder what it means exactly.

Its from the last episode when the hand fucked with his mind when he tried to tell Emilia about the looping.

I guess its implication that the whole "shadow" element is connected to whatever is preventing him from telling the truth(the witch? since he smells of her)
May 22, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
Emilia, Rem, Ram & Puck are so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute
The scene with Ram and Roswaal is still awkward though
May 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2010
Fai said:

Its from the last episode when the hand fucked with his mind when he tried to tell Emilia about the looping.

I guess its implication that the whole "shadow" element is connected to whatever is preventing him from telling the truth(the witch? since he smells of her)

Interesting, one thing I like about this show is how much it solves and adds mystery, so gud.
May 22, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
Thank god the delay wasn't long.

He better not fuck this up now. He got a lap pillow sleep, he can't get that event again. Though the vase may come back to his face...

Subaru messing with Beatrice is always funny. I'm gonna start calling her Beako from now on.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 22, 2016 2:17 PM
Nov 2015
Dante323 said:
japaniMay said:
Also to any LN/manga readers, do Elsa and Felt come back soon?

Felt in the 3rd arc. Elsa in the 4th arc. That means that unless there will be a second season you won't be seeing Elsa again. That of course doesn't mean you won't get to see any guts though. You don't need to worry about that.

Oh, wow, judging by the first few episodes I thought Elsa would be the main antagonist. Good thing there'll still be gore in it though
magilouMay 22, 2016 2:28 PM
May 22, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
Dante323 said:
Felt in the 3rd arc. Elsa in the 4th arc. That means that unless there will be a second season you won't be seeing Elsa again. That of course doesn't mean you won't get to see any guts though. You don't need to worry about that.]

Nonooo, Elsa </3
We won't be seeing her again ;-;
May 22, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Subaru tries too hard, to the point of being a huge annoyance...the harder he tries, the more suspicious he makes himself look. And instead of lying to Rem about the vases, he should have just told her he was looking through various doors to see if he can find Beatrice again. And letting it all bottle up inside while putting up a facade would obviously lead to him breaking down later.
May 22, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
japaniMay said:
Fappa said:

Has a second season already been confirmed?

Unfortunately not. We can just pray that it's so well received in Japan, that we get another season. And the LN has to be published as well. That would be around 2 years. :P
May 22, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Fucking awesome how they finally realize that Subaru's mind is going crazy.

That scene with Emilia was straight up beautiful. Extremely well done.

The connection with Rem, and Ram were hilarious and heartwarming as well.

Beatrice...I really thought I was going to hate her but she's hilarious. I love her when Subaru is teasing her.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 22, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
Oh also since some people were still haunted with the question why Emilia called herself Satella in episode 1 here you got the answer, it was a white lie.
May 22, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
This episode really emphasize the effects of those traumatic events that was being experienced by Subaru. He really did his best to rationalize his situation and repress those anxiety, but... yeah... he can not deny that he felt bad about it. Good job Subaru and you got your hizamakura reward from Emilia :3
Credits: @Fanatique1337
May 22, 2016 2:25 PM
Aug 2015

Ship ship ship ship ship...
May 22, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
Build-up episode with relaxing SoL scene from this episode :D really like it a lot and enjoyed it a lot. but i'm still wondering who is Emilia. or maybe, who is Satella. like what betty said, it's said that she was an half-elf with silver long hair. that is absolutely Emilia. i'm curious about that one.

on the other side, the scene before subaru barf so hard, that one was really disturbing, especially the soundtrack. but DAMN that sweet scene when subaru slept on emilia's lap x3 i ain't gonna call some romance cause it felt different from romance. and that scene was the most emotional scene i have ever seen from this series. didn't make me cry tho, but i felt the emotion, the feels..... Subaru......ya did a good job xD take it easy from now on kay ? xD Emilia-tan will let you sleep on her lap again so, take it easy.....x3 that scene was really sweet i'm not kidding. i really love it x3 at how Subaru confess/express his own emotion, his own feeling at everything that just happened, the hard stuff, the despair, the pain......then Emilia was besides him to comfort him to hear everything he felt while patting Subaru's hair.....smiling and giving some words while subaru was on her lap. LIKE, THAT WAS SO SWEET !!!! X3 X3

and so, we got a little bit info about the curse which killed Subaru and Rem in the previous episode, and the source of that curse was from the village which Subaru and Rem already visited in the previous previous episode. and i'm guessing, the dog is the source. that's the only thing which makes sense to me. and i'm glad Ram will be coming with them too. but at the same time, we don't know will those flower will become posion to Subaru or not so i'm a little bit worried XD expecting some big fight in the next episode...

again, Emilia's and Subaru's moment wasn't cute, it was sweet AF!!! XD
looking foward to the next episode XD XD XD

Edit: and btw, the comedy was still funny as usual xD especially with Puck xD
YizelTroMay 22, 2016 2:44 PM
May 22, 2016 2:28 PM
Apr 2015
Subaru the try-hard. I felt my mind becoming exhausted along with his.
May 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Fappa said:
Oh also since some people were still haunted with the question why Emilia called herself Satella in episode 1 here you got the answer, it was a white lie.

That might be his line of thinking, but genre savvy watcher in me would not be surprised if she IS Satella and is just messing with him(and everyone).
May 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
I really love this show so far, if it continue like this, it will be in my top 5 favorite anime <3
May 22, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 2015
Sometimes791 said:
japaniMay said:

Unfortunately not. We can just pray that it's so well received in Japan, that we get another season. And the LN has to be published as well. That would be around 2 years. :P

Ugh, that sucks :/
May 22, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sometimes791 said:
japaniMay said:

The light novel has had a sizable boost so the anime has definitely done it's job. It could have zero disk sales and still be a commercial success! There's 8 novels out so lots of material for continuation so chances are pretty good.

Of course none of this guarantees anything. For instance "The Devil is a Part-Timer" had similar success and did not get a second season.

Jul 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:

Ship ship ship ship ship...

Count me in. But considering, the author is a sadist, he will enjoy screwing with their relationship. :(

Jul 2015
Ultranumbed said:
Xenocrisi said:
Why is this anime so good?

Definitely going to watch all episodes again when they're out. The wait is horrible

I might just watch them again right now. I really can't stand this anymore!

Feb 2015
Poor Subaru having a full on emotional meltdown. Who can blame him? Emilia is just an amazing character , love her. White Fox are really playing their A game with the series so far.
May 22, 2016 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
Cannot get enough of Beatrice!

Bonus:

Jan 2014
This series has gone from being one of the somewhat interesting on my list, to being the one I look most forward to every week. So a potential lead has now been found, the curse may happen in the village.

Arhh the wait ε-(≡д≡。)...

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Fappa said:

That might be his line of thinking, but genre savvy watcher in me would not be surprised if she IS Satella and is just messing with him(and everyone).

Not sure she can be the witch and don't smell the witch. Rem would hate her
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
Fai said:

Also some very nice info about the magic system and how works(just like with nasuverse seems to be based upon chakra system and the whole inward/outward mana idea). Also is it just me or did this imply that Shadow element is somehow connected to the witch or something? Since when Puck used that magic Subaru got flashbacks to the hand from last ep.

5/5

but didn't they say that it had to be physical contact between the shaman and the target, imao it would be much more likely to be one of the kids than the dog.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM
Jan 2015
Fai said:
Fappa said:

Same here. What are the odds that the witch has the "same" physical characteristics as Emilia? Taking it with a grain of salt but not completely disregarding it.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.