Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 35 36 [37]
Dec 11, 2022 2:29 PM
Nov 2021
i love re:zero hghj
Jan 6, 2023 3:09 AM
Dec 2022
Best episode so far.
Jan 13, 2023 4:45 AM
Jan 2023
i swear to god i hate this mc
Jan 25, 2023 3:49 PM
Aug 2020
I was truly inspired by subaru and rem's dialogue at the end. easily a top 10 anime episode of all time.
Jan 25, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
words to live by what a message
Feb 1, 2023 4:46 PM

Jul 2021
Until this episode, main protagonist Subaru hasn't improved in any sense as a character but well, now it seems it finally happened, hopefully. The dialogue of Rem and Subaru was really touching and magnificent turning point of the story. Subaru was in his weakest point so far because of self-loathing in this whole series but Rem really did marvelous job to stop his self-absorbed torment. The scene was moving also because I could relate with Subaru's feelings of powerlessness and incompetence to achieve things. Tremendous episode and hopefully we'll see a new Subaru in upcoming episodes!
Feb 15, 2023 10:45 PM
Feb 2021
Why is Subaru like this? Idk, Emelia seems pretty sketchy if you ask me, Roaewal as well, but damn.
Mar 4, 2023 4:46 PM
Sep 2020
bro had an entire episode dedicated to her confession and he still turned her down lol
Mar 10, 2023 12:12 AM
Jul 2020
made me cry; I could heavily relate
Mar 18, 2023 6:35 PM
Apr 2021
fuck u subaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Apr 21, 2023 8:35 AM

Aug 2020
Wow.... This made me feel so emotional. When I started this series I always wondered why Rem was so popular and this episode really showcased why. All the characters in this show are so well-written and it's amazing how powerful they made this episode. I could feel their frustration and it felt relatable in some senses. I'm almost upset with myself for putting off this series for so long...

Apr 21, 2023 1:38 PM
Mar 2023
This epsoide was an aboustely amazing watch. Rems confession was guinely so deep and heart felt and personally was one of the best love confessions ive seen. Even as rem has gotten rejected there was so awakrd tension, the ora throughout the espoide was the same and they both had a mutal understanding it was so beautiful to see and now im quite disapointed that emilia had to be the main heroin. I cannot deeply express how amazing this epoide was and rems confession and all the words she spouted out. If someone were to confess to me like that im fold, cleaning, cooking workoing overtime anything, id marry them on-spot. Espoide is a must watch if your into romance/slice of life and or somethingt thats just a whole vibe. I cannot express how well written this was, if you end up enjoying a bit of this epsoide please watch the rest if you dont, you prob wont like it becuase the entire epsoide is like that. (in terms of mutal understanding and communication this was beautiful.) :)
Jun 21, 2023 12:31 AM
Nov 2020
I hate Subaru. This was an amazing episode until the very very end. Fuck Amelia. Rem deserves better.
Jun 26, 2023 10:21 PM
Dec 2017
Tabi ga owari, arigatou Rem-sama :)
Jul 3, 2023 7:49 PM
Jul 2023
One of the most crucial episodes!
I love Subaru ranting smch it speaks a lot to me
Aug 23, 2023 11:35 AM
Jan 2023
Interesting, so the giant rat is actually Puck, and he killed Subaru because he broke his promise to Emilia.

I love how they used this episode just for character development, Subaru is so brutal to himself, but Rem the whole time is telling him how he is a good person and has all these qualities about him. A very powerful episode, and I enjoyed it very much.

After all that, I just hope that they all survive. I'm sure it will happen.
Aug 24, 2023 12:17 PM
Feb 2023
The main character was really annoying in that episode.
Sep 17, 2023 4:58 AM

Mar 2023
Very well made, great job White Fox. Best episode so far.
Sep 25, 2023 4:41 AM
Apr 2022
It was actually good that they were rejected ,rem getting married to a loser like subaru is like spitting on her face. Up until this point to think that she was the only good character this series has to offer. Subaru is too stubborn to understand anything. Meanwhile rem still care about him knowing that he like emilia. Truly author came up with a great character. Now I understood all the hype around rem. The way subaru and emilia react I doubt the author can pull of something to make them as likeable as rem.
Oct 13, 2023 5:47 PM
Apr 2023
one of the best episodes of this anime
Oct 27, 2023 1:04 PM

Jun 2020
I just dont understand him, like he really has change to save everyone but all this arc he didint come up with one useful plan he has ever change to try it again and success but no lets scream to everyone and cry
Nov 23, 2023 12:47 AM
Apr 2023
One of the greatest rezero episodes, it made Subaru one of my favorite main characters even though he did rem dirty (I wanted him to do Rem dirty but in a different way)
Nov 25, 2023 6:44 AM

Dec 2022
Really curious as to what degree the characters in this world understand Subaru's hangups. They don't have the contextual background he does from the events he experienced in the future, so the most they can do is try and discern what exactly he means through the generalities he speaks in. It's obvious that Subaru cannot name his power without these spirit hands halting it, but is there no roundabout way he can phrase it so that the people of the world can glean something from it? For all intents and purposes, it must look like he's having mental breakdowns over nothing to everyone but him and whoever transported him to this other realm. When Subaru talks of his deaths and inability to change anything, does anyone try to reason as to what the implications of what this would mean in a world where neither he nor anyone of importance has died yet?

Still liked the dialogue in this episode. It was a display of contemplation on Subaru's part, and conveyed both situational awareness and internal reflection on his end. However, he still doesn't seem to understand that his mindset or life in the real world has nothing to do with the situation he's in here, because he wasn't transported into this world with the social status or magic powers the other characters have. Subaru has no reason to believe living life differently in the real world would've resulted in him being granted more favourable attributes upon being transported to this fantasy world. Ultimately, it appears that he just didn't luck out and benefit from a fortunate scenario, and I see no reason to blame him for that.

Archean-ReturnNov 25, 2023 6:47 AM

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:41 AM

Nov 2023
Puck is a really dangerous living creature. Also, Rem comforting Subaru aww
Dec 21, 2023 8:50 AM
Dec 2023
amazing episode.
Jan 23, 11:09 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to BauaMarega
It was actually good that they were rejected ,rem getting married to a loser like subaru is like spitting on her face. Up until this point to think that she was the only good character this series has to offer. Subaru is too stubborn to understand anything. Meanwhile rem still care about him knowing that he like emilia. Truly author came up with a great character. Now I understood all the hype around rem. The way subaru and emilia react I doubt the author can pull of something to make them as likeable as rem.
@BauaMarega Kind of agree, insofar as Rem is more like-able than all the other characters. That's about as far as it goes for me, though. She's very sweet and has a cute design, but what could be a great character in another universe is squandered in ours. Because she's in re:Zero. I really don't even hate this show, it's middle of the road. The rest of the cast is completely forgettable imo. Subaru isn't the worst out of the isekai protag bunch but he is so uninteresting :/ He just acts like an asshole 90% of the time, dies, cries, bitches, and then stumbles into a timeline that works out. Sorry for this long ass reply lol
KYSODT
ALWAYS and FOREVER
infinite.
Feb 21, 7:08 PM
Apr 2023
This is the episode that made Re:Zero what it is today. Up until now, Subaru has been an utter fool who refuses to take a step back and have some sense of introspection. All of episode 18 is about just that. As such, we're given a glimpse at some genuine character development that won't be reset in his next life.

...still can't believe his response was "I love Emilia" though...
Feb 22, 2:58 AM

Dec 2022
Oh no it's the "I love Emilia" I've been seeing for quite some time now lmao. Barusu is kinda a jerk the way he rejects Rem though but eh whatevs.

Still feels bad abt him frosting to death and all.

Mar 1, 9:01 AM
Jun 2023
'Rem, i love Emilia' - no god, please no. NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 21, 6:20 AM
Mar 2022
For all the shit People give Asta in Black Clover for his screaming I actually could bear everything of that. Meanwhile I actually had to mute parts of this episode because of Subaru's screaming. Probably the worst va performance of all time.
May 21, 4:11 PM
Jan 2024
Now this is the episode I needed. The talk between Subaru and Rem had to be the most important talk in the series! 5+/5!
Pages (37) « First ... « 35 36 [37]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.