Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]
Sep 24, 2019 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
Natsu88 said:
I don't get why Otto, then Ram and also Emilia forgot about Rem. Has it something to do with the white whale?
If I remember correctly it will be explained in the next two episodes.

Natsu88 said:
2 things I don't understand at this point. How can Subaru see Betelgeuse invisible hands? And where did Pack came from?
I think it was not explained clearly but

As for Puck, he resides in the crystal Emilia has on her chest (I think it was explained in the third episode).
Sep 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
mozgow said:
If I remember correctly it will be explained in the next two episodes.
Good to know it will be explained. I wasn't sure if they will leave it open or if I maybe missed something.

Natsu88 said:
I think it was not explained clearly but

As for Puck, he resides in the crystal Emilia has on her chest (I think it was explained in the third episode).

Oh that makes sense. It definitely wasn't to clear even when Rem mentioned Subarus stronger getting smell. I didn't thought it would also be in connection with Betelgeuse ability. Thanks for the clarification.

I know Puck resides in the crystal. I just wondered where he came from since the crystal broke in half. It also seemed like Beatrice was still holding it in her hands after she saw what happened to Emilia. It also got dark outside (maybe after 5) where Puck normally get back into his crystal to regenerate his mana. But since the crystal broke and Emilia died I don't know if it's different.

Sep 24, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Natsu88 said:
I know Puck resides in the crystal. I just wondered where he came from since the crystal broke in half. It also seemed like Beatrice was still holding it in her hands after she saw what happened to Emilia. It also got dark outside (maybe after 5) where Puck normally get back into his crystal to regenerate his mana. But since the crystal broke and Emilia died I don't know if it's different.
OK. So the question is why he didn't appear right away :-)

It was a while since I watched the anime, so I don't remember what was there, but here it is how it was in the LN:
mozgowSep 24, 2019 12:04 PM
Sep 24, 2019 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
[quote=mozgow message=58413075]
Natsu88 said:
OK. So the question is why he didn't appear right away :-)

It was a while since I watched the anime, so I don't remember what was there, but here it is how it was in the LN:

I guess so. Thanks anyways for your answers. Didn't expect that especially if almost every thread of Re:Zero has 30+ pages :D

Nov 18, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was hmm? for me
Jan 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Sep 2019
loved this episode.FInally get to see Emilia for once.

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Mar 4, 2020 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
I'm currently watching the director's cut version and I've noticed something that makes sense only if you have read arc 4.

Nice!
Mar 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
I know it's too late for the joke, but who's Rem?
Apr 15, 2020 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
I love Emilia but seeing her die here did not impact me as much as Rem's death, crawling with her twisted limbs towards Subaru in ep 15. That scene fucking tore me apart. To be honest, I don't even care who Subaru ends up with. I feel like they all need different partners, even Rem, she deserves someone who will love her more than Subaru.
. I feel like he isn't good enough for her.

BibimbapskiApr 15, 2020 10:35 PM
臭い-
Jun 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Jun 2017
I see! So if he tells anyone about his ability, someone would die anyway. Subaru had to survive the predicament on his own!

Beatrice is so callous. She didn't even flinch! I wonder if there's more to her character than meets the eye.😣

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 20, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
KoniginElle said:
Beatrice is so callous. She didn't even flinch! I wonder if there's more to her character than meets the eye.😣
Yes, there is. You will see more of her in the second season.

You can also check my previous post in this thread for a cryptic message from her (there are only images in the spoiler tag).
Jun 28, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe someone mentioned this before, but why did Basuru not ask "Ram, if you are a demon and don't have a sister called 'Rem' and only twin demons share their horn with each twin sibling, why is that you only had one horn?" - since the mark of her horn is visible when Roswaald is "treating" her.

But I guess it is asking too much from such a dull protagonist.
Jul 8, 2020 11:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rem was dead. Subaru's still survived. Emillia unconcious. Beti was annoying. And that ending. The fuck? The truth would be spoken in the future. Be hold!
badabassJul 8, 2020 11:41 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 4:24 PM
Jun 2020
badabass said:
Rem was dead. Subaru's still survived. Emillia unconcious. Beti was annoying. And that ending. The fuck? The truth would be spoken in the future. Be hold!

Emilia is unconscious? I thought she died by those hands who I'm pretty sure know who's those are.
Jul 13, 2020 5:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Omaha71 said:
badabass said:

Emilia is unconscious? I thought she died by those hands who I'm pretty sure know who's those are.

Yeah, she was dead. Error recognition. The next episode gave me the correct answer about the last sequences. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 26, 2020 6:50 PM
Apr 2018
I don't like Subaru one bit when he gets angry at people. He has died a lot of times but the dude just goes batshit crazy if someone says something even slightly offensive to Emilia or Rem, willingly or by accident. I thought Julius beating would teach him to behave
Aug 9, 2020 5:56 PM
Mar 2020
Does Subaru ever grows up as a character? 17 episodes in and he's still the same piece of crap he was when he entered the world. I don't get how he can be so afraid of death after dying a dozen times.

Nvm seems at least he's aware of that.
PurahAug 9, 2020 6:30 PM
Sep 23, 2020 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
This episode gave me CHILLS it was so good. I wasn’t feeling re:zero when Subaru was being a little shithead back at the capital but now this anime has my full attention hot damn. Granted Subaru is still a little shithead but at least the plot is super interesting lmao

curvedtree said:
Maybe someone mentioned this before, but why did Basuru not ask "Ram, if you are a demon and don't have a sister called 'Rem' and only twin demons share their horn with each twin sibling, why is that you only had one horn?" - since the mark of her horn is visible when Roswaald is "treating" her.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!! I’m guessing since rems possessions disappeared from her room maybe ram would have two horns now (or used to have), like she was born an only child
Sep 29, 2020 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
White Whale... this creature surely is menacing and has some powerful abilities (including the ability to erase one person's existence from the world almost entirely).

Rem's last stand was epic, but sad at the same time. I hope that Puck will kill Subaru. By that the time reset can happen and perhaps Subaru might be able to fix everything.

Otto was a coward, but I won't blame him. Most of people would go crazy after seeing the creature similar to White Whale. I'm even surprised that Otto did not throw Subaru away earlier.
Oct 10, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2020
So was it Puck who beheaded Subaru in ep15?

I like Emilia but gotta say her death doesn’t have much of an impact compared to Rem’s death done by that psychopath.

And that hands of that psychopath is it related to that hands that appeared whenever Subaru tries to tell someone that he can return from the death? Wonder if that’s why he can see it.
Oct 11, 2020 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
Soraaaxii said:
Yes, it was him. His contract with Emilia states that if Emilia dies prematurely he will destroy the world, as world without Emilia is worth nothing.
Oct 11, 2020 2:32 AM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Soraaaxii said:
Yes, it was him. His contract with Emilia states that if Emilia dies prematurely he will destroy the world, as world without Emilia is worth nothing.

Thanks for clarifying :) Yeah, I remember Puck saying something like that to Subaru.
Oct 23, 2020 9:12 PM
Sep 2020
God bless Todd Heberkorn. He really sold his character.
Oct 30, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2020
When Subaru tried to tell Emilia about his power and killed her, man... really sold how alone he is in this.
Nov 14, 2020 5:46 AM

Jun 2020
i must be the only one, but emilia's death this episode was impactful for me, it gave me the chills. it was just so sudden and .....almost subtle, so simple, it happened just. like. that. POOR SUBARU, SOMEONE SAVE HIM FROM THIS MISERY IT'S A LITERAL NIGHTMARE

i find it almost hilarious that people expect subaru to act almost a certain way and NOT go crazy. i mean watching all of this go down, even i feel a little crazy, much less him lol

and as "afraid" of death as he is, towards the end, he even begged to be killed. he just doesn't want to be put through all that trauma over and over again - is that so hard to catch? like what is that all for anyway if he keeps dying and restarting, nothing feels real, it's so disillusioned, i'm surprised he doesn't even remotely have an existential crisis just yet.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 26, 2020 9:42 PM
Nov 2018
My god I definitely am glad I’m not in Subaru’s shoes lol. His descent to despair has been something my goodness. It can only get better from here on out right? Probably not lol
Mar 7, 2021 6:54 AM

Feb 2019
Subaru isekai'd again to a world where Rem doesn't exist

Emilia's death NOOOOOO

Puck to the rescue
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 8, 2022 3:43 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Everything about this is starting to mentally drain me too, it must be hard on Subaru but damn it's even harder not to mention how stupid he is.
Apr 7, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2018
if I recall this wasn’t the first time puck called her his daughter
Apr 20, 2022 10:39 PM
Feb 2022
the main character is annoying and dumb and this series is SOOO depressing. there’s some things i still like but yikes is it really going off the rails.
Jul 10, 2022 3:28 PM

Feb 2018
What a horrible situation.. Suba's the only one who remembers Rem. Then he wakes up in the mansion and Emilia is gone, only to be transfer in the forest with the cult lol
Aug 26, 2022 9:23 PM

May 2022
these past 4 episodes have been hell, and Subaru really deserves better, he never wants to see the people he cared for die over and over again. he is trying his best to make things right, and his realistic human nature is well done. I feel so bad for him after each episode, I really hope things get better soon. loved how Rem and Subaru briefly hugged each other, it was nice, just like the other episode where he respawned, hugged Rem, and then couldn't collect himself after all that trauma when he got to the mansion. Anyways, that white whale needs to go down, pretty much everything is against Subaru at this point, its true hell. how did Emilia, Otto, and Ram forget about Rem, that is so strange. were their memories affected somehow? this is insane man. I also despise that witch even more.
Aug 27, 2022 10:35 PM
Jan 2022
This shit was fucked up lmao
Oct 11, 2022 5:59 PM

Aug 2021
damn... packed episode. everyone forgets about rem's existence, emilia dying instead of subaru getting injured when trying to talk about return by death was a major twist of things that makes more questions to be answered, puck showing up at the end was cool although i presume she's already dead so without starting a new loop i don't think there's any way for her to be alive again unless some new power is revealed
Nov 4, 2022 6:16 AM

Apr 2021
It's all really confusing in this loop. Rem dies while tryna save subaru. Something happens to Emilia. Beatrice acts weird. Subaru's mind must be broken right now after all he's been through. This is crazy alright.
Feb 11, 2023 1:13 PM
Feb 2021
Im glad he didn't ask Ram about her devil horn bc that one might've actually worked. Subaru's getting worse and worse slowly and I really have no idea what the fuck is going on either. I assume some one will die fr soon, but im not sure if it'll be Rem, I really hope not though.
Mar 21, 2023 2:25 PM

Jan 2023
why was there megumin at the end lmfao 😭

Jul 10, 2023 9:44 PM
Jun 2015
Bruh! Everytime I try to figure something out, some other plot twist arises.

How did everyone forget Rem? Was it the White Whale?

And I can’t wait to learn more about this curse whenever Subaru tries to tell someone the Return by Death. How’d it kill Emilia instead!?

Smh Betelguese shows up again, and realizes Subaru can see his power.

PUCK FTW LETS GO! It must’ve even been who came out the castle the other episode and killed Subaru?? Show time
Aug 23, 2023 4:03 AM
Jan 2023
The suffering continues. After that whale kills Rem, it seems she is wiped off the planet, and no one has any memory of her. Very sad really.

Subaru tried to tell Emilia about return by death, and she ended up dying. Seems no one is allowed to know about that ability.

Interestingly enough, Puck (I assume it is anyways) came back to protect Emilia's body. I guess we'll find out what the deal is with that next time.
Oct 26, 2023 1:38 PM

Jun 2020
At this point I just cant stand Subaru I totally understand that things he exprience is traumatic as fuck but all through this arc he didint use basic logic not even once. Is he gonna get any better?
Nov 7, 2023 1:56 PM
Oct 2023
cant wait to see what puck and subaru do, this anime is just getting better and better,the green haired guy is just fucking insane
Nov 25, 2023 5:53 AM

Dec 2022
Guess the White Whale must retroactively erase the existence of a person from a timeline.

Unfortunately, I'm growing weary of Subaru's breakdowns now. This arc so far has comprised of Subaru maundering about aimlessly, seeing if any of the random assortment of characters that materialise in front of him will either pity him or kill him, and then we repeat until he makes some progress through trial and error. That he keeps expecting people to understand his predictions when he knows they have no means of comprehending his time travel power is inane, especially when he only sputters out a few lines of rationality before falling back into yet another emotional tirade.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:41 AM

Nov 2023
Gaddamn, what an intense episode tis one was.
Feb 22, 2:51 AM

Dec 2022
You just can't get any break from all the suffering you went through can't you Barusu?

Emilia dying again after a while.

May 21, 3:20 PM
Jan 2024
As messed-up as this sounds, I was routing for Subaru to die ever since Rem vanished so he could reset the timeline again.
Even when he was asking to die himself, he still didn't. I was like, "c'mon already!"
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.