Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 24, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2015
Kinda disappointing to see Kou go all the way to Yanasagi just to find out that Kissou is fully booked with all the mess they're experiencing right now and I bet he also realized that Ohana is busy with work. Glad for Ohana to get Tohru back due to Ko's "blessing" but still doesn't change the fact that I felt bad for Kou like seriously though if only she had known the reason for Kou to call like that ................. just whatever she's been terrible as shit to him but still doesn't change the fact that she's still a cutie midget though hehehe
May 15, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2013
Tohru is driving me up the f*cking wall. It's not just his personality. It's how he's treated by everyone (in-universe) like he's the best thing since sliced bread. This is also the second time where Ohana spent most of the episode collecting him from somewhere around town. It's so incredibly annoying that everything seems to revolve around him.

And it's not because I like Ko (he's barely even a character, as far as I'm concerned). Tohru is just an insufferable Gary Stu and he's also amazingly irritating. He gets away with being a douchebag, he's never forced to take a moment for self reflection, he's part of a stupid love triangle (or square) and he's always so self-important and ridiculously serious in the kitchen (he "has no chill"). Oh, and of course he drives a goddamn motorcycle (because he's such a "bad boy" and "counter culture" amirite). And if he were at least funny or over-the-top enough in his personality, I probably wouldn't hate him, I might even like him. But he's a douchebag in the most boring and unfunny way possible. He reminds me of Kirito-kun, but Tohru's personality is possibly even more grating because of how relatively grounded this show is (supposedly), compared to SAO.

Agreed. Ren's sudden breakdown, even if it would have been funny as a one off gag, was really just a painfully obvious contrivance to make everything about Tohru again. And yeah, Ohana was being even more impulsive than usual. I mean, I like impulsive characters but there's a point where it becomes a little too much. I guess I was so busy being all butthurt about Tohru that Ohana's behavior barely even fazed me. I've been taking screenshots in the past few episodes but I couldn't even be bothered with this one because the concept of the episode as whole was just the stupidest thing.

Well, Ko should have called first before trying to pay her a visit. Why is his impulsiveness Ohana's fault? Is Ohana suddenly obligated to indulge all of his whims, just because he's in love with her? Why is that her responsibility? And she thanked him very nicely for his supportive words, so I don't agree that she was "terrible as shit to him".

Those are some really unfortunate generalizations, my dude. And you'd be surprised how many male anime fans engage in arguments about ships and "waifus" online.

I agree about Nako's bike. Being Nako is suffering.

Yeah, for Minko, ending up with Tohru would mean that her (still almost non-existent) character arc is all for nothing, from a storytelling perspective. "She started out being dependant on Tohru, and now she's together with him, still being dependant on him." Not exactly an uplifting message, this would be like an anti-coming-of-age story for her. Not that I want Tohru to end up with anyone in particular, really, as you can guess from my distaste for him.
LeeTailorMay 15, 2017 11:40 AM
Jun 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Sep 2015
I think this series is starting to come together for me. It's still a little clumsy and melodramatic. And I'm sorry but I could care less about Kou-chan. I'm honestly pretty relieved it didn't do the super cliche, Kou sees Ohana and Tohru riding together scene I thought it would. But everything came together reasonably well in this episode. And I found myself feeling kind of happy when the staff all welcomed the Okami back? When did that happen. I thought most of these characters still annoyed me.

Plenty of stuff I thought was dumb here. The perv writer and Team Manager's scheming was pretty annoying and on the nose. And I thought Ohana rushing around trying to find Tohru was a little tedious. Like weren't they in Tokyo? How far away from the inn? When it took her so long to find him, how did they get back in close to a reasonable time to help out? Her collapsing was so over the top too. Though Ohana pushing herself to her limits is pretty moe, can't lie.

I wouldn't say this was a turning point for the show. But I did think it was one of the strongest episodes until now. And I think I've accepted its flaws and just started to enjoy it.
Aug 5, 2017 1:47 AM

Dec 2010
A good follow-up to last episode.
Sep 19, 2017 12:12 PM
May 2012
you guys know that ohana is 16 and tooru is probably like, i don't know, 20+ something?
stop this they look so cute together shit -.- they haven't done anything cute together as far as i'm concerned.
Nov 17, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2015
Decent conclusion to such a busy day. Looking back on it, some things felt illogical, or just out of place, like Ren being overpowered by pressure to the point he couldn't cook properly, and Kou travelling out to the countryside only to have not made a reservation in the first place. If he returned to the city because he decided it would be best for them not to meet, which is what he was worrying about this whole episode, then I would have accepted the outcome. I mean, either way he''s a pretty bland character so I'm not bothered.
Feb 16, 2018 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
Things definitely went better once Ohana finally found Tooru with Kouichi's help via the phone (the poor guy couldn't end up meeting her after traveling all the way there tho, he had to choose the worst day to come by surprise q_q), the customers left satisfied thanks to their good job, including the woman that definitely was the reporter and of course wasn't one of the people that they thought it could be, Ohana's actions made everything end well!

I also really like how the notes from her grandma ended up being helpful, like that there was a person who came there 2 years ago and it had info about the daughter not liking fish, so they removed it from the dishes, the landlady sure put a lot of effort into this! Seeing her coming back at the end of the episode was nice, glad to see that she's fine.

Minko was so happy when Ohana and Tooru said that they liked the tempura she prepared, keep up the good job n_n
Dec 16, 2018 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
The time just isn't ripe for them to meet yet.

Meanwhile another ship is making little progress :P

Great feel good episode with a very satisfying conclusion.

I can already see this show becoming one of my favorites.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
So Minko can't cook unless Tooru tells her to do so... ok, just imagine how much progress she and Ren-san would have made if she would have decided to give him a hand. Not to mention that Ren-san regaining his confidence just because of Tooru reappearing in the kitchen felt so... convenient for the plot.

Anyways, regarding the episode, it wasn't a bad one, I'm actually surprised that most of the things I expected to happen... didn't happen at all. There was no awkward encounter between Ohana, Tooru and Kou but a mismatch due to the latter's lack of planification. I actually wasn't expecting that so I guess it was nice for a change of pace.
That said, I'm a bit glad that there wasn't any drama due to that but I'm also a bit disappointed that Kou's efforts were in vain, maybe next time it'll work out well.

All in all, another OK episode. And it seems the next one will have even more tension between Ohana and Tooru. Honestly, I don't know why they still try to create some romantic tension between them I mean, she's 16 while he's 23 already. Not to mention that Kou is still around and that he seems to be a more suitable option if this anime ever wants to add a real romantinc relationship for the MC. I don't know, it just feels so unnecessary the addition of a love triangle (or a love chain, better said, since I didn't mention Minko and that megane girl at the end of the episode looks suspicious too) but well, that's just my opinion.
SouthRzVaFeb 26, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2, 2019 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
Kou went all the way there

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 3, 2021 8:36 PM
Dec 2019
This gave me nostalgia from when I worked at a busy restaurant.
Did Ko really decide to travel without booking a hotel room? Did he really think 'oh, I'll just figure things out when I get there'?
I don't think that any 16yo kid is that dumb, I'm sorry lol
Ngl, I was kinda looking forward to seeing the grandmother work. I feel like it would a softer side of her that we aren't used to seeing. Glad that she's doing okay though.
Mar 31, 2021 11:29 AM

Jul 2019
Tooru and ohana finally saved the day. Nice episode.
May 23, 2021 12:47 PM
Oct 2016
Not really much I have to say, it was a really normal episode in terms of quality.
I think it handled well the concerns that I had in the previous episode and I see some stuff being of use later in the series as well. Nicely put conclusion to the little plot line and to the little theme that was being explored in there.
Jun 19, 2021 3:04 PM

Mar 2019
All's well that ends well. Glad Tohru came back but damn I feel so bad for Kou. Poor guy gets rejected unwillingly.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 23, 2021 9:47 PM

Jun 2020
Ohana's about to give up but luckily Kou was in touch and gave her a boost of confidence that everything will be okay and there he is she found her about god damn time

A pretty rough time for the staff to handle a lot of customers, Good thing everyone is working hard to overcome this situation and finish the job

After a long day's work they did it, And welcome back Mistress from a long break she's going back to work, Sadly Kou didn't even get to see Ohana and missed each other so close.
Oct 14, 2021 6:24 AM
Aug 2021
Can't comprehend Ohana's mindset of leaving everyone in the inn and go blindly searching for Tohru. At least it turned out fine, but man, this was weird as hell.
I had once done something a bit similar to what Ko before for someone, and those "what am I doing here" questions really did hit hard for me. Waiting in vain, searching in vain, yet the feelings only amplified.
The Ohana-Ko relationship is adding to this show some cool things. Beanman, Eronovel writer, and the other staffs are also very fun to watch.
Cabbage_CatOct 16, 2021 5:57 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.