Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 20, 2023 2:55 AM

Feb 2018
Aw rip to my girl Yoshino (ofc she would be rejected lol).

Aki still looking good with short hair sheesh. Also, that kiss tho, did Masamune accidentally stick his tongue in or something lol, or was it intentional xD

I wonder if we'll get another season of this anime, at first I didn't expect it to get a second season at all lmao. I wouldn't mind another season of Masamune shenanigans.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 20, 2023 4:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahhhh, the Aki ending was inevitable I guess, even though this is not what I really hoped for I guess it's fine according to the plot, even though it's obviously predictable since the beginning xD But I'm happy with it, finally ending this anime I started so many years ago after it aired, I guess that was probably as "good" as the 1st season, even though it's nothing extraordinary.
Sep 20, 2023 6:59 AM

Aug 2017
I'm fine with this ending even though I'm not the biggest fan of the series. Just wish we could've got more lovey-dovey moments but if I remember correctly there is a sequel manga currently ongoing so maybe need to give that one a try.
Sep 20, 2023 6:59 AM
Mar 2021
Do we know if they will add one more season at least I wanna know how their relationship does during their college years
Sep 20, 2023 8:17 AM
Nov 2022
Embient said:
I want to see the continuation of what happened at the end of the last episode aargh
She changed her hairstyle back NOOOOOOOOO
Oh god she cut her hair. PAIN. It does look good too tho
He went for a french kiss lmao. Kaguya approves.
The first OP!

The ending was kind of rushed and abrupt but still nice.
There will be many people who disagree but I think this was actually good.
8/10
I also expected to the foreign girl to appear more. With her being on the poster and in the OP and all.

BTW there is an OVA that takes place after the end of the manga that was bundled with the last volume. This adapted the whole manga (there is am ongoing sequel tho. I wonder if it'll eventually get adapted too) so you can watch that now.

He did make the Kaguya mistake (Otonari no Kissu), she (Kaguya) obviously approves. I wasn’t sure it was that but I was pretty confident it was that.
Sep 20, 2023 10:28 AM
Aug 2023
Its not more than my expectations but I like it
Sep 20, 2023 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
Well it's over. I'd say it's an alright series, fun to watch without great expectations lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 20, 2023 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
Definitely mixed feelings... this was a weird season.

Sep 20, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2019
0/10

Not a single panty shot, season 1 was full of them.
Sep 20, 2023 10:41 PM

Feb 2013
Not really the ending that I wanted, doesn’t affect the score. It got a little boring in the middle. It picked up majorly, but there was definitely a lull. 7/10
Sep 21, 2023 12:13 AM
May 2022
satisfied.. i was waiting for this to get animated. especially the after school date.
Sep 21, 2023 10:57 AM

Sep 2021
6 years. It was a long wait but glad we actually got a complete adaptation of this series.
Sep 21, 2023 1:20 PM
運命の天使

Dec 2011
Honestly, being an anime only, I got confused in the few latest episodes.

Why do I feel like something got skipped or got rushed? I wonder how the manga readers feel about this season?

Nevertheless, I am glad Masamune still ended up with Aki and they were finally able to be honest with each other about their feelings.

But I wonder why this show got less weekly point than Kanojo, Okarishimasu despite it having ended.

I would have aced this on FAL and earned more points. Oh well.

⚔️ Cards Delivery | Challenges | Events ⚔️

Sep 21, 2023 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
Ich habe 4 Jahre auf diesem anime gewartet. Den Manga habe ich nicht gelesen. Danke das ich das noch zu Ende sehen konnte das!
Sep 22, 2023 7:33 AM
Aug 2023
The ending kinda felt rushed but overall it was watchable
Sep 22, 2023 9:39 AM
Jan 2017
final fuckin ly
I couldn't be more happy with the ending.

They had me in the first half, tho. I really thought that he was dating Yoshino. LOL. It felt like watching the 5 sister anime again for a second.
Sep 22, 2023 3:44 PM
Aug 2018
Idk the show was a complete shitshow towards the end. Plot twists left and right, rushing to the inevitable end that everyone knew from episode 1. I really liked the new take on the genre in the first season, but the second season had terrible pacing and writing. Losing the "revenge"-plot along the way was a mistake. Masamune has 8 years of hate stored up, but Yoshino is just forgiven for no reason at all. Really disappointing.
Sep 22, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2008
Surprised this anime got second season.

First season was more interesting.

I heard that the author is making sequel? What for? The story already ends here, the revenge plot is already done too. Wouldn't it would become just another generic romcom?
Sep 23, 2023 1:10 AM

Dec 2010
Reply to LeonLanford
Surprised this anime got second season.

First season was more interesting.

I heard that the author is making sequel? What for? The story already ends here, the revenge plot is already done too. Wouldn't it would become just another generic romcom?
Milking, obviously. The author is determined to milk this title dry. Of course there's more of ridiculous drama which is (most likely) also going to lead nowhere (but it ruined Masamune's character quite a bit in a process) since it's called Engagement after all.
Sep 23, 2023 3:54 AM

Mar 2018
It is finally over.
Even the OST in the last episode couldn't save it and the 'drama' in the past couple of episodes was not needed.
And then we have the 'cut hair' and the 'slap' at the end... I wouldn't cut my hair when a relationship goes south...

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 23, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2018
It came to a close. Maybe its just me, but I felt between episodes 10-12 Makabe has a crush on Yoshino and didnt feel the connection with Adagaki Aki .

The last episode just feels like forced and there wasnt much real development and Yoshino just got pushed aside like nothing ever happened. Maybe a OVA or sequel to bring to a bit more of a closure.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Sep 23, 2023 1:10 PM

May 2018
Reply to tywhoppity
@davidyodo24 There are another couple of arcs to the story; currently, they are 2nd years in college, and the drama is still as ridiculous as before. Honestly, I hope the anime gods lets this one die.
tywhoppity said:
There are another couple of arcs to the story; currently, they are 2nd years in college, and the drama is still as ridiculous as before. Honestly, I hope the anime gods lets this one die.

Are you trying to say they are still fighting or revenge ? I think this is where it ends, only if a sequel brings a future of where they are growing up

Sep 23, 2023 2:48 PM

May 2016
Reply to -Miku_Meister-
tywhoppity said:
There are another couple of arcs to the story; currently, they are 2nd years in college, and the drama is still as ridiculous as before. Honestly, I hope the anime gods lets this one die.

Are you trying to say they are still fighting or revenge ? I think this is where it ends, only if a sequel brings a future of where they are growing up
@-Miku_Meister- No revenge or fighting, just ridiculous circumstances equal or greater than the Paris arc causing misunderstandings and friction between the MCs.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 24, 2023 1:56 AM

May 2018
Reply to tywhoppity
@-Miku_Meister- No revenge or fighting, just ridiculous circumstances equal or greater than the Paris arc causing misunderstandings and friction between the MCs.
tywhoppity said:
No revenge or fighting, just ridiculous circumstances equal or greater than the Paris arc causing misunderstandings and friction between the MCs.

that sounds uinteresting. the france arc was pretty much boring and its like the character was never to be seen

Sep 24, 2023 2:49 AM
Nov 2017
I can't believe I waited half a decade to end up getting that shit conclusion, he shoulda been with yoshino and the last minute fake out was some of the weakest writing I've ever seen, I've read tumblr fanfiction written by 13 year olds with better substance. In a single finale episode it went from finishing with a satisfying and great ending to becoming absolutely trash. Show went from MC doesn't really like the main girl and was actively breaking out in hives from her presence, to he wants to with her in the span of an episode.

I thought there was hope that the author did something unique and fantastic and have the MC grow, mature, and move on. Accepting things instead of still being stuck on "that one girl from elementary school". Not even a proper childhood friend either, just someone who he only knew for a short time based on the flashbacks we have(over the span of yoshino having chicken pox). Rather than being with yoshino who he actually connects with, who put in the actual work, going after him all the way out to the boonies, who actually likes him for who he is and understands him. instead ends up with the girl who is a complete selfish narcissist, who can't do anything for her self, being completely dependent on her maid that she also actively abuses and mistreats, who's a sociopath who publicly humiliates, berates, and doxes any individual who confesses they have feelings for her, who doesn't actually know anything about or understand the MC or actually care about him, is trying to make him change for the worse and sabotage him to fall back into his old self, and doesn't actually like him but likes the delusional fantasy idea of him she has in her head from memories of when they were children, she is stuck on how she "loved" him so much when they were kids but she couldn't even recognize him, or identify an obvious imposter. But thank God the mid cliche tsundere won the harem once again, like every single other harem anime ever, that was suuuper original and unexpected.

it was my mistake for expecting any real character development, nuance, or depth from just one more shitty harem cash grab romcom that the medium is plagued by. And for remembering season one with any sort of nostalgia after all these years, I forgot what shit taste I had when I was a teen.

I hope the author goes bald and misses their train in the morning.
Sep 24, 2023 8:08 AM

May 2018
Reply to ryancartwright98
I can't believe I waited half a decade to end up getting that shit conclusion, he shoulda been with yoshino and the last minute fake out was some of the weakest writing I've ever seen, I've read tumblr fanfiction written by 13 year olds with better substance. In a single finale episode it went from finishing with a satisfying and great ending to becoming absolutely trash. Show went from MC doesn't really like the main girl and was actively breaking out in hives from her presence, to he wants to with her in the span of an episode.

I thought there was hope that the author did something unique and fantastic and have the MC grow, mature, and move on. Accepting things instead of still being stuck on "that one girl from elementary school". Not even a proper childhood friend either, just someone who he only knew for a short time based on the flashbacks we have(over the span of yoshino having chicken pox). Rather than being with yoshino who he actually connects with, who put in the actual work, going after him all the way out to the boonies, who actually likes him for who he is and understands him. instead ends up with the girl who is a complete selfish narcissist, who can't do anything for her self, being completely dependent on her maid that she also actively abuses and mistreats, who's a sociopath who publicly humiliates, berates, and doxes any individual who confesses they have feelings for her, who doesn't actually know anything about or understand the MC or actually care about him, is trying to make him change for the worse and sabotage him to fall back into his old self, and doesn't actually like him but likes the delusional fantasy idea of him she has in her head from memories of when they were children, she is stuck on how she "loved" him so much when they were kids but she couldn't even recognize him, or identify an obvious imposter. But thank God the mid cliche tsundere won the harem once again, like every single other harem anime ever, that was suuuper original and unexpected.

it was my mistake for expecting any real character development, nuance, or depth from just one more shitty harem cash grab romcom that the medium is plagued by. And for remembering season one with any sort of nostalgia after all these years, I forgot what shit taste I had when I was a teen.

ryancartwright98 said:
I can't believe I waited half a decade to end up getting that shit conclusion, he shoulda been with yoshino and the last minute fake out was some of the weakest writing I've ever seen,

it was expected from the 1st season as there isnt much that would make it a twist

Sep 24, 2023 7:44 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to ryancartwright98

the main female character was always aki not yoshino. and if the author followed your suggestion, it would go to a dead end since shes a maid see rezero exact same dilemma where i approve rem over emilia.

i dont understand why yoshino should win this is not a real harem and she has the waskest connection with the mc nowhere near the relationship similar to rem. the only argument was the nonsense hive crap but even that was more due to the meaningless hatred toward aki plotted by yoshino. mc was always in love with aki in day 1. unless im mistaken yoshino was a side character in s1 i wasnt even sure if she qualified as a candidate when it was more neko vs aki.
nonsenseone1Sep 24, 2023 8:02 PM
Sep 24, 2023 7:47 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Chipp12
Milking, obviously. The author is determined to milk this title dry. Of course there's more of ridiculous drama which is (most likely) also going to lead nowhere (but it ruined Masamune's character quite a bit in a process) since it's called Engagement after all.
every anime does this if it drags to 3+ seasons. to anime only fans, more seasons will always be a win. i do not understand manga readers who want a shortened ova or special over a 12 ep if they had a choice when they are that devoted spent money and time. its always better to make it slow paced than cut major scenes and cause confusion. and this is someone who wanted to beat up the production guy with the french series in s2 but last few episodes more than made up for it i dont have to rewatch the crap and only rewind the last ones.
nonsenseone1Sep 24, 2023 8:04 PM
Sep 24, 2023 9:08 PM

May 2015
is this an anime original ending or has this happened in the manga?
Sep 24, 2023 10:54 PM
Mar 2016
The season 2 was handle by the same studio as season 1 but why Aki's hair color in season 2 is different compare to season 1 Aki's hair color is blue.
Sep 24, 2023 11:14 PM
Jun 2023
its joeover :cccccc
Sep 27, 2023 5:28 AM
Aug 2023
after all the drama, it's over. I'm happy that Aki won

I really enjoyed the anime
Sep 27, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2016
I rewatched Season 01 and almost dropped the series due to how boring it was. But curiosity got the better of me n ended up checking out this season and I'm so glad I did that. I enjoyed this season way more than S01. Just by watching I can tell that they skipped a lot of content from the manga in S02 even though I haven't read it, but for an anime, this pacing was just right imo. There weren't any unnecessary scenes and weird comedy bits that's rampant in S01. And for once, the characters actually act like proper mature human beings in S02 while they were just dumb af in S01.

Not to mention, the best part of this series is that we get a proper conclusive ending in just 2 seasons, which is rare for rom-com anime these days since most of the popular ones pointlessly extend the series with fillers just to make more profit long-term, completely ruining the plot and story progression. I'm giving this season a high score just for the perfect ending. And I don't agree with those people saying he should've chosen someone other than Aki as it'll completely ruin the story.

Sep 27, 2023 4:56 PM

Jun 2016
It ended like we all expected since the beginning, and it is the best ending, poor Yoshino, a life as a servant and background character... but social status aside she deserved a sort of punishment for what she did, so the "revenge" was actually executed.
Sep 27, 2023 4:59 PM

Jun 2016
P.S. (big tiddy tomboy) Futaba best girl, rejected but always so bright and cheerful, she deserved more recognition.
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was absolutely one of the Anime of all time. The delayed second season had us wondering what took them so long to cook. I guess a pot and a dumpster don't process fire and leftovers the same.
Sep 28, 2023 3:26 AM

Apr 2020
It was all right. Watched both seasons and the OVA back to back. Got surprised by how much better the animation got in S2 and then noticed S1 was from 2017.
5/10 for S1 and OVA
6/10 for S2.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 28, 2023 11:41 PM
Dec 2022
Tied up nicely but it does feel a bit rushed.
Sep 29, 2023 9:42 AM
Sep 2023
It's been a long time coming, but finally the show has come to a conclusion. This season definitely felt better than season 1 and the overall conclusion of the show was rather nice.
Sep 30, 2023 2:45 PM

Jul 2021
I went on a whole rant before the edit, but I’ll just say that I was really hoping for a non-cliche’d ending… My bad for getting my hopes up with a main-girl focused romance anime per usual.
JayKitsuneTVSep 30, 2023 3:00 PM
Sep 30, 2023 9:11 PM
Sep 2023
Long journey now over. This show was definitely about revenge, but while it felt like it was revenge on aki, it was revenge on Yoshino.
Sep 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Jul 2007
Oh thank goodness he rejected yoshino. It wouldn't have made any sense to me if he ended up with her. Now I guess I'll have to read the new Manga to catch up with the story. Aki had to do whatever she could to get a restart on her life by reinventing her appearance via new haircut but I'm really relieved everything worked out for her.
Oct 1, 2023 12:19 AM

May 2020
S1 of this was one of the first animes I'd ever watched and though I didn't love it I just watched it because of the nostalgia
the s1 op at the end of the last ep was an amazing choice

Oct 1, 2023 1:14 PM
Sep 2023
showing this show some love
Oct 1, 2023 2:55 PM
Oct 2023
thankful they made this 2nd season after 5 years. good ending
Oct 2, 2023 12:01 PM

May 2015
This second season was a curious surprise after the disappointment that was the first. Didn't expect to like it that much.
Oct 4, 2023 2:22 AM
Dec 2020
Epic Comeback from Adagaki Aki (true heroine) bois
Masamune Revenge on person responsible for all this shit (Yoshino) and gets the girl he likes (Aki)
Last episode was perfect and great ending
Aki short hair look good tho

Stay mad fandom yoshino or neko haha
Oct 5, 2023 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
OK, so if they were going to go back to Aki x Masamune this quickly, what in the actual fuck was the point of them breaking up at the end of episode 10 and dragging things out for 2 more episodes? Absolutely nothing of note or value came from them breaking up, so why not just end at episode 10?

Really, this entire second season was just a complete and utter shitshow from start to finish. So many misunderstandings and stupid plot twists, and all manner of plot elements that simply didn't go anywhere at all: it's actually hilarious that the show just forgot about the French siblings after the first two episodes. The fact that the second season spent so much of its time pushing Yoshino x Masamune, rather than focusing on Aki x Masamune, was incredibly frustrating and just felt like padding for the sake of padding, while also not making sense after the reveal that Masamune's entire backstory hinges on Yoshino insulting him. The hives plot point was one of the most insulting I have ever seen in a romcom anime, as well as overt padding.

Also, fuck the "girl cuts her hair for character development" plot point, it's so cliche and lazy at this point.

2/10, only avoiding a 1 by virtue of getting to the right ending eventually. But fuck this show.
Oct 7, 2023 6:02 PM
Jul 2020
in the end, Makabe and Aki were able to clear up any misunderstandings; Masamune gave up his revenge, and Aki finally accepted somebody to love. It must be rough for Fushiomiya and Yoshino, but it is what it is. It makes sense that Makabe turned down Yoshino, but it makes sense, since he only saw her as his "master" instead of as a love interest.

I don't see the studio making another season, since the story is complete imo, but it was definitely a fun and interesting ride from beginning to the end. One of my fav anime rom coms, and loved both opening songs!
Oct 8, 2023 1:07 PM
Jan 2022
F@szommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Miért kelet az ucsó részben ösze jöniük.
Na mindegy ahejet hogy itt komentelek inkábnéznemkéne azokat amikell le vagyok mardva mielött nagyon elhúz az őszi szezon.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

134 by Bobbycheeks »»
Apr 10, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

76 by MrSkeleton07 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

170 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 14, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2023

118 by Dante9231 »»
Jan 27, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge R Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2023

83 by Dante9231 »»
Jan 27, 4:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.