Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really glad to see this show back. It felt like forever!
I like that new OP song too.

We got competition right off the back so it's cool to see the show not losing momentum from the break. Meanwhile, I feel like these guys improved at least in terms of stamina. Loved the comedy aspects of the episode too. The car scene was absolutely hilarious.

The running scene with the music near the end felt very real imo.
Jan 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
Team work in running, huh.

Ah, that creepy guy (Tsuda-san) is a reporter who seems to know about the past main guy.

Only soumen for summer and imagining about going to Hokkaido.

They are going to Shirakabako instead of Hokkaido.

There are some missing after running. They came back late.

There's another school who came in the area and lives in better place.

Feeling the wind while running.

That red hair guy making main guy angry with talking again. That cliffhanger... hope they can stop main guy from being emotional.

Both new OP and ED were equally good as the first OP and ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
We are back and wow I really missed this show.
New OP/ED. Both are great and feel a lot like their predecessors, the new opening feels a bit more overwhelming though.

Started the episode with some running action right off the bat. Was pretty good to see the team's strategy and Kakeru win that dude he competed against previously.

I really like the mountains atmosphere, the scene when Kakeru and Haiji ran together was beautiful and I love the nature's background compared to the city we had until now.

Kakeru showing some emotion, still having difficulties working as a team but definitely developing.
Cliffhanger...
Jan 8, 2019 12:17 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great to have this back.

Kakeru being brought back to his past thanks to the interviewer and now getting brought to the edge by getting trash talked. He's clearly not comfortable with the situation and doesn't know how to handle it so he snapped.

We heard a punch connecting so it will be interesting to see what actually transpired.

Great to see Yuki and Shindo succeed, they know how to use pacing and slipstream and were determined enough to actually make it work.
Jan 8, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2017
Glad to see the show back, and a great return with that track segment. And damn that ending though

2nd OP isn't too bad but I still prefer the 1st one
Short_CircutJan 8, 2019 12:42 PM
Jan 8, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2017
It's finally back! I really like new OP and ED. ED once again evokes nostalgic feelings in me.

I like how they portray running in the mountains. The scenery is beautiful.

Their strategy on a track meet was quite clever and I'm glad it worked out for them in the end. It really starts to show how much they've been training so far.

That guy that looks like Shinji lost the race both to Kakeru and Haiji, and now he feels confident enough to trash talk them. I really hope Kakeru punched him, but something tells me that he was either stopped or got punched himself.
Jan 8, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
Man, I really wish the show would stop unnecessarily relying on cliffhangers, but otherwise this was a very strong return, couldn't help but have a huge grin on my face during the first scene.
Jan 8, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2016
Felt like an eternity, but it feels good to have this back.

I was waiting for a training camp, so I'm glad that I wasn't disappointend.

Pretty nice episode overall, the comedy bits delivered as usual like when Prince was puking or Haiji came with the Whey xD

I don't think that Kakeru actually punched Sakaki, but still a mean cliffhanger. Glad that they didn't bring this one before the break, lol.

New songs are pretty good, but they have to grow on me s bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2019 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 this episode is a masterpiece!
Jan 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Aug 2015
A really good episode after those 3 long weeks of waiting!

I loved this new ED but the OP, it is nice but i still prefer the first one!

Glad to see the improvement on the team and the scenery is beautiful!

From this episode , the weird guy with the question made me think and the cliffhanger! DUDE THE CLIFFHANGER! Finally Kakeru is showing off his own emotions, it is easy to see how problematic things were back in high school!

The anime keeps on improving as a whole and its coming up to my tops. Cant wait for next week!

Jan 8, 2019 1:11 PM
Jan 2017
It's back!

Loved the ep and the comedy scenes was on point. Kakeru aggressive as always. And the preview for the next ep show some blood? :o

Can't wait
Jan 8, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2016
Boy I missed this show it sure felt like month without good sport for me.

and man I hate that boy he just piss me off by watching his ugly face.

Training camps are always fun to watch.
Jan 8, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
I loved the new OP and ED, and I'm so glad this anime is back. Concerned about the consequences of Kakeru hitting the guy though.. What if he's forbidden to run in competitions or something..
Jan 8, 2019 1:53 PM

Jan 2018
It was hard to wait so long, this show is great, episode was 5/5
I wish it isn't so underrated it deserves more attention.

Can't wait for the next episode, it feels great to have this show back ^-^
Jan 8, 2019 1:59 PM

Aug 2015
AntonioWux said:
It was hard to wait so long, this show is great, episode was 5/5
I wish it isn't so underrated it deserves more attention.

Can't wait for the next episode, it feels great to have this show back ^-^

you know, i feel the same about the underrated part because the anime really deserves more recognition but in a way, being like that stays real i guess! Sometimes animes likes these get season 2's that are just garbage because of the "overrated". i dont know if i made myself clear! :D

Jan 8, 2019 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not sure if I like the new OP, at least not yet; and I wasn't impressed with the first part of the episode either, but I'm happy that Shindo, and Yuki got their times.

The training camp bit was way more interesting. It was funny, and it was beautiful, until the insufferable redhead appeared. And well, Kakeru finally snapped. I didn't like the way he just stood there listening to his hateful remarks, but I'm not sure that hitting him, most certainly again, was the best thing to do. It was like he won with it, but I hope that I'm wrong, and that he will shut up already now that Kakeru will finally talk about what happened.

Oh, I liked the new ED!
Jan 8, 2019 3:08 PM
Sep 2014
What a great comeback, but now to wait again after that huge cliffhanger 😫 Part of me wishes Kakeru to actually hit that annoying brat, but that wouldn't be good at all. I hope someone (or he himself) stops him, so red hair doesn't get the pleasure. I do wish for the matter with him to end soon though. I'm so tired of his tantrums for not being good enough and placing guilt in others. Grow up, ffs.
Jan 8, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Personally I could watch this cast sit around and play card games and I'd be happy. I love all of their personalities so much.
If Kakeru hit "Red-head Mc Shitty Attitude" he had it coming.
Jan 8, 2019 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
How I miss that anime <33 The visuals were beautiful! This red-haired guy is very annoying, but I hope we can now see more of Kakeru's past.
The new opening and the new ending are good. But I prefer the previous ones, especially the first ending that is divine.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Jan 8, 2019 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
He has learned to play with others No need to blame for something he cannot fix
Jan 8, 2019 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
First half was a bit mehh but the second half was really intense. I can relate to Kakeru and his feelings of lashing out against that red head.
Jan 8, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2018
oml the part with Musa and Shindo was great.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 8, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Glad to have this back, great episode once again.

Loved all the track scenes, congratulations to Yuki and Shindo for finally having a track record now.

It felt like Kakeru finally got over his past but now he's being forcefully made to confront it. He totally snapped at the end there and it did seem like he punched him which would honestly be well deserved for the red haired Shinji guy.

Camp Stuff was pretty fun to watch, the part with the twins and Prince puking was pure gold.

Everytime the OST kicks in, I get excited. It's just so damn good. XD
Jan 8, 2019 4:41 PM

Aug 2018
Finally it's back, it felt like forever.

So, literally everything in this episode was perfect: story progression, characters, interactions, backgrounds, art and animations (btw i wish they can be consistent on art/animations like this episode, even tho i know they had a lot of time to work on it and not just 1 week).

OSTs, jesus christ, almost every of the best osts just played during this episode, so satisfying.

Good OP, don't like so much the ED tho.
The first ED was godlike and i think it can be top 3 of the past year.

Can't wait for the next!

Jan 8, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2018
this was such a pretty episode. the scenery in the mountains was just amazing.

interviewer looks so creepy, wonder what he's been doing

kakeru snapping at this point felt perfect. the culmination of his past slowly creeping up and all the new experiences he's letting himself enjoy certainly came to a head this ep. i'm hoping for a punch but i know its not going to happen
Jan 8, 2019 6:59 PM
Jan 2019
Omg please Punch him Kakeru!!!
Jan 8, 2019 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Oh Shinji Sakaki... what a nice person he seems to be...

New OP and ED already... I still prefer the first OP, it was more catchy and regarding the new ED, it sounds really good but I'll need to listen to it a few more times to know whether I like it at the same level than the previous one or not.

That said, it was a good episode. I'm really glad to see that both Yuki and Shindo managed to get their official times. Not to mention that the way they used pacing and slipstream to get them was very clever and well handled.

The second part with the training camp was interesting and the comedy moments were really funny as well. Poor twins, that surely was disgusting...

And that cliffhanger... honestly, one part of me wishes Kakeru to punch that red haired kid but other part wishes him to refrain from doing it since he's now part of a team and such action may cause some trouble to all them... I guess, we'll know what happened next week. Looking forward to it.
Jan 8, 2019 7:19 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good run to start of the episode. Kakeru really killed it and we got Shindou and Yuki making it through. The remaining three still feel a bit behind tho -especially Prince. I really don't see how he's gonna make it to 16:30, which makes me wonder how tf there are gonna end up in the Hakone.

The summer training camp is quite nice. Of course we couldn't just have a chill camp -Tokyo just had to be there. Kakeru really snapped at the end, but I'm not too sure that punch actually connected. I guess we will see.
Jan 8, 2019 8:07 PM

Sep 2018
Finally, after the long wait, it finally came, i miss the old ED but the new ED is great as well, Shindo and Yuki finally got their records as well, so only King, Ouji and Nico chan senpai huh, damn i love this anime
Jan 8, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2016
Goddamn they're annoying
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 8, 2019 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
Super glad the show is back. Great episode, another cliffhanger 😩 doubt Kakeru actually punched him but I sorta hope he does lol
Jan 8, 2019 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
omg i started tolaugh when prince was barfing
the forest brings the moist too :)))
but damn, the red hair kid is annoying like hell
The spider is watching
Jan 8, 2019 9:52 PM

Oct 2011
Everyone was so sweaty and shiny this episode haha. It's so great to have this anime back.

Around halfway, after Haiji barges into the house, you can see a sweat outline of one of the twin's bodies left on the wooden floor lol
Jan 8, 2019 10:30 PM

Mar 2016
I missed this anime so much!!

The journalist looks creepy. I hope we get to find out what he'd mouthed in the last episode.

This anime also has the sparkling vomit. haha!!

What is the problem with red haired Draco? He lost to both Haiji and Kakeru. Where does his confidence to act all superior come from? I really need some more back story.

The cottage looks so beautiful!! (It is a cottage, right? My vocabulary is not so good.)

Loved the scene where everyone wanted to stay back. Lol. They were all scared!

When Musa and Sugiyama came running, I knew everyone would be freaked out and scream, but I didn't expect Kakeru to be one of them.

This episode, Kakeru really reminded me of Kageyama.
Jan 9, 2019 1:21 AM
Oct 2017
Kakeru got pissed boys
Well I prefer the old OP and ED to the new ones but they are not half bad. So after a long break the show has resumed.
Jan 9, 2019 2:08 AM

Aug 2017
I don't blame Kakeru.

Shiji Sakaki is annoying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 9, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2015
tbh I'd smack anyone that acts and looks like Shinji too
Jan 9, 2019 7:43 AM
Aug 2016
tsubasalover said:
Team work in running, huh.

Ah, that creepy guy (Tsuda-san) is a reporter who seems to know about the past main guy.

Only soumen for summer and imagining about going to Hokkaido.

They are going to Shirakabako instead of Hokkaido.

There are some missing after running. They came back late.

There's another school who came in the area and lives in better place.

Feeling the wind while running.

That red hair guy making main guy angry with talking again. That cliffhanger... hope they can stop main guy from being emotional.

Both new OP and ED were equally good as the first OP and ED.
I think Kakeru deserves to be called by his name instead of "main guy". He has shown development and deserves more credit than u r giving him.
Jan 9, 2019 8:00 AM
Aug 2016
The red haired shinji looking guy is annoying as hell(...Sakaki?). He soundly lost to both Haiji and Kakeru and still is running his mouth and acting like he is superior like WTF. I hope Kakeru punches the living lights outta him but then again that might be a problematic thing to happen and may get him disqualified from participating at all in the Hakone.
The atmosphere in the mountains was beautiful and the comedy parts were well done. The scene with the twins and Prince was the funniest.
The ost is as good as ever.
5/5
Jan 9, 2019 9:53 AM
Apr 2017
What a comeback, the atmosphere was just perfect. Also, I don't think Kakeru actually hit him, I think somebody punched Kakeru.
Jan 9, 2019 11:19 AM
Oct 2018
Great episode! Love the new OP. Not a great fan of the ED, but that has to do with personal taste.

The only thing that bothered me was the comedy aspect. The majority of the jokes felt kinda forced, but I'm usually very picky about that stuff. Still, great episode!
Jan 9, 2019 2:57 PM

Dec 2018
if Kakeru did punch him, then he so deserved it and more. kinda want to see that punch in slow motion lol.
missed this so much. both the new OP and ED are really good
Jan 9, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
I didn't know how much I missed this anime until today. In my opinion, the episode ended so fast that I can't wait to watch the next one and find out what really happened. Although, I think Kakeru didn't hit that annoying guy in the end (though he deserved it), I mean, boy, get a life!

However, this was a good episode, I enjoyed all of it but if you ask me, my favourite part was the second one where Prince threw up everything, poor twins... xD
Jan 9, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2016
So happy this show is back from its three week break.
Amazing episode, the comedy was great, awesome to see Takashi and Yukihiro get their official times.
Guess red head is acting even more of a jerk because Haiji beat left him in the dust, too bad, so sad, life lesson.
Also the new opening looks to be representing the characters growth, with Akihiro now smoking a lollipop, 4kids style, lol.
Also the twins taking different paths, with the girl between them, be interesting to see what that is foreshadowing.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 9, 2019 3:50 PM
Jul 2017
I know it’ll lead to bad things for Kakeru... but god I hope that punch connected. Sakaki deserves to get beat up. Let go of the past, man!
Jan 9, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2008
it is already 2019 and scum person is still scum! I hope Thanos will dealt with him.
5/5

Jan 9, 2019 6:33 PM
Jan 2017
Finally back!! I really liked the new OP and ED. That cliffhanger tho.
Jan 9, 2019 8:01 PM

Oct 2015
I'm happy they're back, I see Kakeru is still a douche and immature. I guess some things will never change. I'm glad for Shindo and Yuki, they did well on that race. I hope Nico and Prince will improve soon.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 11, 2019 3:34 PM

Dec 2018
Kakeru is fuckin stubborn but i'd punch red hair face too, what a bastard child to deal with. He's that type of braggart person who thinks too much about oneself which i hate the most

Another amazing ending i think i prefer this one.
Jan 12, 2019 8:24 AM

Feb 2017
nice, get cho ass back here boi.
beat him up, dont let them talk shit infront of you.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

211 by aoo-kun »»
May 27, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

94 by aoo-kun »»
May 25, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2019

87 by aoo-kun »»
May 25, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 25, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

87 by aoo-kun »»
May 25, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.