Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2012
I have been in the Anime game for a long time, but only recently (as my children have began to watch and enjoy anime) have started watching sports and slice of life stuff. I just finished the third season of Haikyuu, and would like to report that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great story telling and TRUE suspense is generally lost on Anime. I just wanted to take a moment and enumerate some of the scenes that stuck with me throughout the series.

Asahi Reclaims his roll as Ace

Asahi had lost his faith in his abilities after being completely shut down by the Iron Wall of Dateko last year. His team mates still held out faith in him though, and together the cleared a path for him to drive the ball past the opponents who had previously rendered him useless.

Tsukkishima finds his Passion

Tsukki is presented as a 1st year member who plays volleyball simply because he can. He shows no emotion to the game; whether they win or lose. That is all surface though, because deep down he wanted to fight like everyone else on the team. In the third season, Tsukki finally blocks Ushijima clean and lets out a passionate rally cry. It was pretty intense. If you know anything about volleyball, Tsukki pretty much runs the front line defense.

Upperclassmen Protecting their Team

In the final episode of the third season, Ushijima dramatically spikes through a block set up by Tsukki directly after delivering a punishing blow to the face of Hinata. The frame quickly cuts to an analogy scene of Ushijima pinning down the 1st Years under his massive strength. Then all of the sudden, the seniors on the team begin to rally back and together they free the freshmen of the crushing weight of defeat. Ultimately leading to the final set win.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

293 by LycorineOwen »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

213 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

117 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 30, 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.