Samurai Champloo, Dororo Recommendations
If you want an anime with Samurai and a good story, also a great theme song, this is a great one.
Both are set in the history of Japan, wherein Samurai Champloo is set in modern-Edo Japan and Dororo is set just before that timeline, where samurai were more prominent.
They both also include:
- a pair/trio that travel in order to find something/someone
- an abundance of fighting
- conflict between the characters themselves #angst
- self-discovery and great character development
- learn a lot about the characters’ origins
- touches on the topics of family and friendship
- both have 20+ episodes
- perhaps a budding romance ??
What sets Samurai Champloo apart from Dororo is that it includes a a few filler episodes but it also successfully incorporates hip hop and modern rap
Both animes are set in the medieval Japan. MCs travel through the land. Lots of action, katana (sword) fights and adventure.
They actually aren't so similar apart from the setting, samurai theme and lots of action. Dororo have supernatural elements and is much serious, while Samurai Champloo has more comedy and is kinda more realistic.
But still, if you liked one you will also like the other.
Aside from the very similar setting of a group of wandering people going on a journey to find something in the Samurai era, another thing that is very similar in the two shows is the suspense and emotion in the finales.
Both series' finales had me on the edge of my seat and on the verge of crying.
1) Both are anime about Samurai
2) The Characters are phenomenal
3) They both travel on a long journey
4) Amazing fights scenes and beautiful music
Both have a young girl travelling with an older boy/s
Both are historical with sword fighting.
Dororo, unlike Samurai Champloo, has a supernatural element(Demons).
Samurai sword fighting. One girl and 1/2 boys. Hints of romance. Great plot...
both set in ancient japan, lots of sword fighting, engaging storyline, great animation, and just the general feel of both shows are the same. both worth watching