Back to floecity's Profile floecity's Profile

Apr 16, 2017
A HUUUGE mistake many have made when criticizing One Punch Man is the fact that they constantly forget that this is a COMEDY.
Unlike most action-comedies, this is ALWAYS Comedy first, Action 2nd.
This is what OPM IS. It's what MAKES it.
So when people say "Oh they were unnecessarily comedic at this part or that part", they're just being dumb in thinking this is your regular action-comedy instead of realizing it's a comedy-action lol

[Story] 8
OPM DOES has a linear story line that it follows of Saitama as he fights his way up the ranks [of the Hero Association, think of it like the ranks of read more
Mar 4, 2017
SO, this is a story set in a Steampunk-ish Edo era with human-monsters whose hearts glow & are something like a zombie-vampire hybrid who are smarter than your avg beast.

[STORY]: 5.5
What started as a very interesting story led to a very disappointing end.
The series went from a story about a world taken over by monster-turned humans, then turned into a story about saving a girl who consistently makes irrational, stupid mistakes & this rando guy & his daddy issues.
Instead of focusing on the world created & the people, it became a FAMILY drama.

They constantly change what Kanabe (the monsters) can do & what the Kanaberi read more
Mar 4, 2017
With modern anime lacking uniqueness more & more as the years go on--magical girl / stuck in video games / sports--this anime stands out in a very good way.
What starts as a typical schoolgirl anime about unrequited love for a teacher quickly turns into a tragic multi-way, unrequited love fest.
This anime is a very tasteful (gonna be using his word a lot lol) & refreshing anime to watch because, as stated before, it's different.
[STORY]: 8.5
This anime is done in a very tasteful way to introduce sex to teens & introduce a new perspective of unrequited love to all.
It does a great job at slowly introducing read more
Apr 13, 2016
ももへのてがみ is follows a girl who moves to the seaside with her mother after the death of her father.
Shortly after her arrival, she meets 3 strange gods that were sent as guardians to watch over her & her mother.

[STORY]: 7
It's an lively story with an interesting take on gods & spirits.
My problem with this story is that the comedic take on it is a little TOO comedic. There are ways to make a story lighthearted & funny without making is outrageous & I just think it was a little too much.
I'll explain more in the characters section.
The story is WAY too predictable & it's a read more
Apr 12, 2016
Whisper of the Heart is an undermined cute, dorky movie of Studio Ghibli. (Similar to Only Yesterday)
It's a very simplistic, yet intriguing plot of adolescence that inspires young girls & imagination.
I'm VERY picky with movies, even with Ghibli FIlms (No matter what I've watched, I've always & only favored Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away), but this definitely changed that!
This is definitely in my Top 3 Fav. Ghibli films.

[STORY]: 9.5 MINOR SPOILER
The story can definitely stand on it's own without the minimal love drama that happened between her & her friend's crush, BUT I think that little add on built the story.
It built the read more
Aug 24, 2015
Orange (Manga) add (All reviews)
Can the past be changed?
If not, they can we possibly change the past of a parallel world?

Orange is an OUTSTANDING manga that does what most shoujo cannot (IMO), it evokes real emotion.
What do I mean by that?
I know a lot of manga can do that but what they don't do is make the feeling last.
It really makes you think about what suicide must be like. How you should really treat people.
When you read a shoujo you either pretend you're the character going through the story or you just relate all emotions back to the story instead of relating it to yourself or real life.

[STORY] read more
Feb 19, 2015
LOVED this manga so much I bought the 1st volume & am planning on buying the rest when they come out.
Read whole review OR just read the end & look @ the scores.

[STORY]
The story is very unique and interesting. It definitely keeps you reading.
When it comes to mangas and certain genre's there will always be similarities but it's the differences that make or break the manga & the differences in this manga make it.

It brings in not only the Edo period but also a supernatural element to it which makes it way more interesting. It's not a random supernatural element too,
like for ex: (NOT read more
Feb 19, 2015
L♥DK (Manga) add (All reviews)
Bad manga.

I kept seeing pictures of this manga on IG & Pinterest & it seemed like it was a good manga but it turns out that it wasn't.
-----------------------------------------------------
[STORY]
The story tries so hard to be linear but it has these subplots that are either irrelevant or just feel like a filler.
The plot really lacks in substance. It tries to give you something deep then it ends up just being stupid or the character over-thinking something when it was literally not even their fault.

FOR EX...I won't go into detail because of spoiler reasons but there's this 1 dude that comes in & claims he likes the read more
Dec 27, 2014
This is a review to convince you that although there are many silly parts to this anime...
You should still watch it if you want a decent historical Anime that brings fantasy (ie. DRAGONS) into the world.

STORY:
The story is pretty good. The ep's are pretty linear and the plot is very interesting.

There are multiple times where the lines in this anime are so stupid and ridiculous because they're trying to hard to be metaphorical or deep...that it's funny BUT that's not to say ALL of the lines are stupid!

The way they set up the story sucks by the way.
They show you VERY early on a spoiler read more
Dec 19, 2014
"If you lose something, just build it again." - direct quote from the main character Futaba.

First off let me just say that the fact that I've read the manga already mildly hinders my ability to separate manga from anime...
MILDY.

STORY:
The story is pretty well done. Of course it has ALL of the shoujo clique's that many shoujo fans will run into.
There's something about the story though that makes it a little more unique than your typical shoujo anime.
I did not really sense any corny-ness with the more serious moments in the anime as I would typical feel in a shoujo.
What I'm trying to say it that, read more