Back to Sargossa's Profile Sargossa's Profile

Jan 24, 2020
This show was not at all what I expected. I did not expect that I would end up giving this show an 8 (albeit a low 8)

I was lead to believe this show was nothing but trash, and who doesn't like rotting their brain every once and awhile?

But what I found was that, underneath the loli painted exterior is a show that actually has a lot of heart put into it.

I have a rule when rating shows that anything that is an 8 or higher either needs to either have an artistic message to state, or at least sticks out in your mind. Shockingly, read more
Jan 20, 2020
DearS (Anime) add (All reviews)
Like Nekopara? Then you'll probably like this show.

Nobody remembers this show. In fact I've never met anyone who's seen it besides me. Which is a shame, because this show did what Nekopara is doing now, over a decade earlier - but done better. Honestly I think if this show was released now, it'd be incredibly popular.

Instead of cats, we have a slave race of aliens.

That's fine and dandy, but what I have to applaud the show for is its comedy and likeable characters. The fact I still remembered all the characters this long after I saw it for the first time over a read more
Jan 19, 2020
I honestly don't understand the hate this show gets. Because of the reviews, I went into this show expecting a trainwreck. Instead I found a show that was actually pretty decent.

This show put out serious Mirai Nikki vibes from the get go, only better written. Even Rin, one of the main female leads, looks and acts kind of like Yuno, only less insane and more tsundere. Also the main character Eiji is not unbearable like Yukki.

That being said this show also has one of the biggest flaws Mirai Nikki has - Where it feels like wasted potential.

I am not familiar with the manga, but it read more
Jan 14, 2020
Congratulations to Ghost Hunt, for being the first show to score less than a 5 with me.

Actually to be fair, my rating for it was originally a 5. But then I saw Nekopara, and it became my new standard for as middle of the road as you can get. After reviewing that, I realized (I think I always knew, but I don't like being overly harsh with my reviews) that this show deserved a lower rating.

Because while I saw it awhile ago, it sticks out in my mind for all the wrong reasons.

To the show's credit, it definitely has some neat ideas and settings, and read more
Jan 14, 2020
I have been seeing these Nekopara girls everywhere I go, whether it be memes or figurines. So I figured it's about time I see what all the hype is about.

After watching it, I both understand, and don't understand why the hype has lasted so long. This series is certainly unique in the sense that it knows what its audience wants, and is full on unapologetically ballsy in giving it to them.

Basically, it's the world if catgirls existed as a separate species, and you could legally own them.

Which is a fun, cute, kinda "freaky", but equally as disturbing idea. I ain't shaming anybody for it, read more
Jan 13, 2020
This will be a spoiler free review.

I was pretty late to the bandwagon with this one, but I'm glad I finally sat down and watched it.

I almost gave this show a 10, but I stopped and seriously thought about it. I questioned why I thought it didn't deserve a 10. I had already written this review, but didn't feel right with the rating.

All my complaints were minor, such as one character being the definition of annoying (but gets more likable), or sometimes the pacing gets slightly too fast.

Everything about this show was done with care and quality. The artstyle is unique and striking, every read more
Jan 6, 2020
This will be a spoiler free review.

I was actually really nervous going into this movie. Code Geass is my favorite series ever, and I guess Western media has gotten me to dread when a studio digs up the grave of an old show. So this movie had a lot to hold up to in my mind, since the original holds such significance to me personally. Mix this with friends telling me "it's pretty alright", and you got one nervous fan.

But they were right - "it's pretty alright."

I'm pleased to be able to say that the movie handles carrying the torch of the original in a read more
Dec 30, 2019
This will be a spoiler free review.

This is another show that just *barely* made it to an 8 for me. My rule is anything that's an 8 or higher must either have an artistic message to state, or it at least sticks out in your mind. This show succeeded in the latter because of the humor and characters.

The story was pretty basic isekai. Seen Konasuba? Then you pretty much know the setup.

All the characters are likable, and funny. Rista is one of the funniest characters of the year in my opinion. The animation style really plays off its comedic strengths, or perhaps the comedy read more
Dec 24, 2019
I won't claim to be any sort of authority on manga. In fact this is, as of the time of writing this, the only manga I chose to list as read. The rest I read a hundred years ago, and would need to re-read them to feel right about marking them as read.

So obviously I'm not a huge reader.
At least - I wasn't.

I picked this up after finishing the anime, making it the first manga I picked up in years.
*Insert Reading Rainbow theme*
Yeah, once I started, I couldn't stop. This series is by no means a masterpiece, or some deep philosophical text - read more
Dec 9, 2019
This will be a spoiler free review.

This was a fun show - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That being said, this show just *barely* reaches an 8 out of 10 for me, and for only one reason:
- I have a rule that anything 8 or higher needs to either have an artistic message it tries to convey, or at the very least, it sticks out in your mind.

It does the latter, purely because of the characters.

The characters are all very likeable, and they play off each other's personality well. While the show never had me busting out laughing, I did either have a grin read more