Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 5
Chapters: 49
Status: Finished
Published: Jun 13, 2011 to May 13, 2013
Authors: Kakizaki, Masasumi (Story & Art)

Score: 7.661 (scored by 5304 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jun 2, 2015
YabukiJoe (All reviews)
This is simply a very solid piece of work and it's worth reading. Here's what you'll get:

1) a rather unique "Old West" setting with a strong focus on portraying the harsh reality of trying to make a living in the young United States

2) a story of brotherhood, revenge and the pursuit of happiness, which is not exactly new or unique, but very well exercised here.

3) fantastic art that manages to illustrate the atmosphere of the story perfectly

4) a concise story that proceeds from start to finish without any major filler episodes. Instead, the plot moves forward rather swiftly and you'll find yourself read more
Aug 9, 2013
Gangankuroi-sama (All reviews)
Is like another one of your average classic Old West movies. Big brute who runs around slaughtering people in order to that kill one dude to exact his vengence but has no idea where he is. Younger brother who thinks his older brother (the big brute) is a good-for-nothing jackass. Shit goes down and suddenly the bad guy comes in. Bad guy f*cks the peace of the town and suddenly there is a gunfight. Bad guy runs away, some random dude gets executed for the gunfight and the brothers unite and chase after the bad guy into the sunset. *sigh* is it not cliché?

But...its good. read more
Dec 16, 2012
Maz-Maz (All reviews)
The story begins with our dear friend Assassin-kun, you know, killing people like he always does and the thing is, he is a brooder.

So what is our brooding hero brooding over?

Whether he's doing the 'right' thing [by killing people mercilessly] and if he is in a 'good' field of work (didn't he know that the assassin-field is highly regarded by the nation's children?). So anyway, between the entirely cliché and sappy inner workings of the protagonist, you see some blood-spatter, knifings and guts being punctured.

END OF SUMMARY

The story wasn't all that bad.

The plot is reader-friendly and a wider audience (of less bloodthirsty people) might like read more
Aug 9, 2017
Agerno (All reviews)
This work was like an amzing adaptation from a classic western movie to Japanese manga. Kakizaki Masasumi made such a wonderful piece of art.

The story was great, easy to understand without warped plots or difficult ideas that blow your mind. It was simple, a bad guy experienced in battle and murder has an insatiable blood thirst. He wants desperately to kill his father and avenge his mother, without his brother finding out that he's a gangster. What makes it a fantastic tale is the thrilling suspense that fills it. You never know what will happen. You expect something to happen or someone to die read more
Oct 23, 2013
BBQ_Chicken (All reviews)
I've seen debates about the naming of this manga. I feel its worth mentioning that Green refers to Irish and Blood to gangs (I'd assume).

Now onto the relatively short tale of revenge.

Story- 6

The story takes place in the USA, during the industrial revolution. Immigrants are flooding into the country which has led to the 6th District of New York, known as the Five Points being considered the worlds worst slum and is an area which is completely under the control and the law of various Irish gangs.

There isn't much room for development with it being short, add 40-50 more chapters and I'd read more
Mar 9, 2017
YungMozambique (All reviews)
When I first stumbled into this manga and read the first chapter, I thought I'm off into an ultraviolent Tarantino-esque journey through the Wild West.
Revolvers, ponchos, saloons, street shootouts, railroad barons, Native Americans, tumbleweeds, you name any general Revisionist Western trope.In the surface, I got what I expected. However, I feel like this manga is too short for the kind of scope the author wanted to convey.

I truly enjoy the noir-ish aesthetic of this manga. Illustrations are fully drawn, the shading and linework is a real treasure, and action movements felt fluid and clear. The ultraviolence felt fitting for this kind of setting.

Now, the read more