Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (93) « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2020
BravoTushka said:
Ranvirsv said:
Hi. I am Ranvir, I am fron India. Although I have started watching anime regularly recently but my first anime i ever watched was dragonball i was in 3rd or 4th grade maybe. My favorite animes are Naruto, Your name and Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. In term of gernes i dont hate any particularly but i just dislike slice of life anime.

Your Name and FMA brotherhood are both amazing anime's. Personally I think Your Name is better. What do you think?

Yes we can say that, to be honest i dodt watch romance alot but i still watched it and loved it 100% great.
Jun 7, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2020
Ranvirsv said:
BravoTushka said:

Your Name and FMA brotherhood are both amazing anime's. Personally I think Your Name is better. What do you think?

Yes we can say that, to be honest i dodt watch romance alot but i still watched it and loved it 100% great.

For me it wasn't the romance that made it great, the animation and music were soo beautiful
Jun 7, 2020 10:00 AM
May 2020
BravoTushka said:
Ranvirsv said:

For me it wasn't the romance that made it great, the animation and music were soo beautiful

That goes without saying.
Jun 7, 2020 10:10 AM
Mar 2017
Hi everyone!

I am Pointless_3456,

I joined MAL in 2017 and forgot about it. But now I came back and I am here to stay! ✌🏽

The reason is joined MAL is that there are not many in my friend circle who watch anime or read manga. This is an amazing forum to find like minded people and discuss.

First anime I watched was Inuyasha and my favourite genres are comedy, romance and murder mysteries.

Thank you, Bai Bai!
Jun 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Jun 2020
BravoTushka said:
newday_oldme said:

Exactly! Like come on friends, you’re missing out big time... And uff, the forbidden word ‘responsibilities’. But same, I totally get that. Time is way too limited :’).
I loved Cowboy Bebop and its jazz soundtrack so much, I guess I have to watch Samurai Champloo as well. It sounds promising!
Btw, I send you a friend request if that’s cool with you :)

I am in a jazz band and I have been trying to find Cowboy Bebop jazz score so I can play it

Okay wow, this is so cool! Which instrument do you play?
Maan, this is so awesome. I wish I could also play an instrument or at least visit a place where I can listen to jazz music live. Need to put that on my bucket list.
Keep the good work up! I’m rooting for your bands success.
If it‘s not on a plate, it can wait...
Jun 7, 2020 10:12 AM

May 2020
newday_oldme said:
BravoTushka said:

I am in a jazz band and I have been trying to find Cowboy Bebop jazz score so I can play it

Maan, this is so awesome. I wish I could also play an instrument or at least visit a place where I can listen to jazz music live. Need to put that on my bucket list.

I play the trumpet, the most obnoxious and fun instrument.
Jun 7, 2020 10:15 AM

Jun 2020
BravoTushka said:
newday_oldme said:

Oh wow! I take my hat off to you!
Jun 7, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2020
newday_oldme said:
BravoTushka said:

Thanks, if I ever do get to play it I'll see if I can record it for all to here.
Jun 7, 2020 10:20 AM

Jun 2020
BravoTushka said:
newday_oldme said:

Thanks, if I ever do get to play it I'll see if I can record it for all to here.

That would be a delight!
Jun 7, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2020
newday_oldme said:
BravoTushka said:

That would be a delight!

I am sure I can find it on Musescore, and if needed I can transpose it to trumpet. It might take a while to play but I definitely will be able to play it
Jun 7, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2019
Pointless_3456 said:
Hi everyone!

I am Pointless_3456,

I joined MAL in 2017 and forgot about it. But now I came back and I am here to stay! ✌🏽

The reason is joined MAL is that there are not many in my friend circle who watch anime or read manga. This is an amazing forum to find like minded people and discuss.

First anime I watched was Inuyasha and my favourite genres are comedy, romance and murder mysteries.

Thank you, Bai Bai!

Yahooooo, Pointless_3456!
Nicee that you joined back at MAL! Also nice pick of genres! I also like comedy and romance! But my main favorite genre is slice of life! I love that chill vibe in Slice of life!

Also I forgot what happened to inuyasha cause I watched it when I was a child.
I should rewatch it again! Thanks for reminding me xD!
I hope you enjoy your stay here and have nice day!

~XUwUX
Jun 7, 2020 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
BravoTushka said:
sinceritytheweeb said:
Hi. My name is sincerity. I'm from Malaysia. I'm pretty new to this anime scene. I started liking animes this year after watching Attack On Titan because my friend recommended it. And, because of the quarantine, I have a lot of time to spent on watching animes. I joined MAL because my friend recommended it. Even though Attack On Titan is the anime that made me like animes, the first anime I've ever watched is One Punch Man. My favourite anime/manga would be Attack On Titan (obviously). I don't really know what genre I watch because I'm still new to this anime scene but I enjoy comedy, drama, action. I don't really have genres that I don't like (because I don't know what kind of genre animes have). Other hobbies that I do on my free time is playing Siege on my PC and listening to hip hop songs (yeah, weird hobby, I know). That's all.

Hi sincerity, welcome to the club we are glad to have you here. I also started to watch anime after this year, but the anime that got me watching was Sword Art Online(it was bad, I know). I have been looking to watch Attack on Titan and One Punch man but I have never gotten around to it. What do you like about those 2 anime? And would you recommend watching them?
BravoTushka said:
sinceritytheweeb said:
Hi. My name is sincerity. I'm from Malaysia. I'm pretty new to this anime scene. I started liking animes this year after watching Attack On Titan because my friend recommended it. And, because of the quarantine, I have a lot of time to spent on watching animes. I joined MAL because my friend recommended it. Even though Attack On Titan is the anime that made me like animes, the first anime I've ever watched is One Punch Man. My favourite anime/manga would be Attack On Titan (obviously). I don't really know what genre I watch because I'm still new to this anime scene but I enjoy comedy, drama, action. I don't really have genres that I don't like (because I don't know what kind of genre animes have). Other hobbies that I do on my free time is playing Siege on my PC and listening to hip hop songs (yeah, weird hobby, I know). That's all.

Hi sincerity, welcome to the club we are glad to have you here. I also started to watch anime after this year, but the anime that got me watching was Sword Art Online(it was bad, I know). I have been looking to watch Attack on Titan and One Punch man but I have never gotten around to it. What do you like about those 2 anime? And would you recommend watching them?

Hi BravoTushka. The thing that I like from Attack On Titan has to be the story because it progressed from being a story where titans eat humans into something more. I think Gigguk can explain it better than me. For One Punch Man, I like it because it's funny for me.
Jun 7, 2020 11:11 PM
Mar 2017
_XUwUX_ said:
Pointless_3456 said:
Hi everyone!

I am Pointless_3456,

Thank you, Bai Bai!

Yahooooo, Pointless_3456!
Nicee that you joined back at MAL! Also nice pick of genres! I also like comedy and romance! But my main favorite genre is slice of life! I love that chill vibe in Slice of life!

Also I forgot what happened to inuyasha cause I watched it when I was a child.
I should rewatch it again! Thanks for reminding me xD!
I hope you enjoy your stay here and have nice day!

~XUwUX

Thanks XUwUX!!
I too forgot cause i watched it on TV loong back. I was thinking of reading the manga this time. I heard that there is a new series that is being worked on. I am hopin I can finish reading the manga by then. "Fingers crossed" :)
Jun 8, 2020 5:05 PM

Aug 2019
Hello, everyone :D I'm a 15 year old from Europe and I really enjoy reading manga but watching anime especially. I don't have a genre preference, but I tend to lean towards more action packed, emotional anime/manga. I'd say I do, because they make me feel the most. I love crying and laughing with characters!
Other than anime/manga, I enjoy playing games, listening to music and baking :) I think JRPGs will always be the key to my heart. Right now, I own a PS4, PS2 and vita, though I hope to get a 3DS and Switch in the near future (alongside other consoles). My fave music genre is rock, but I tend to listen to everything lol
I'm currently reading Usogui and watching Kimi ni Todoke. I'm enjoying both a ton! However, my favourite manga is Karakuri Circus, my favourite anime is Black Jack, 2004 and favourite franchise is Love Live!
I'm rather unsure as to what I should say about myself, but I just hope to befriend everyone! Cheers :]
Jun 8, 2020 5:11 PM

May 2020
stupidgrape006 said:
Hello, everyone :D I'm a 15 year old from Europe and I really enjoy reading manga but watching anime especially. I don't have a genre preference, but I tend to lean towards more action packed, emotional anime/manga. I'd say I do, because they make me feel the most. I love crying and laughing with characters!
Other than anime/manga, I enjoy playing games, listening to music and baking :) I think JRPGs will always be the key to my heart. Right now, I own a PS4, PS2 and vita, though I hope to get a 3DS and Switch in the near future (alongside other consoles). My fave music genre is rock, but I tend to listen to everything lol
I'm currently reading Usogui and watching Kimi ni Todoke. I'm enjoying both a ton! However, my favourite manga is Karakuri Circus, my favourite anime is Black Jack, 2004 and favourite franchise is Love Live!
I'm rather unsure as to what I should say about myself, but I just hope to befriend everyone! Cheers :]

Hello Stupidgrape006 and welcome to the Newbie Club we are glad to have you. I see that you like to watch action packed anime, have you watched Code Geass yet? I hope you enjoy your time here.
Jun 8, 2020 5:38 PM

Aug 2019
BravoTushka said:
stupidgrape006 said:

Hello Stupidgrape006 and welcome to the Newbie Club we are glad to have you. I see that you like to watch action packed anime, have you watched Code Geass yet? I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hey! I have watched a few episodes, but I've not got around to finishing it. There must be a reason for people praising it so much, so I should give it another shot. The premise seems pretty interesting to me, and C.C seems cool. I can't really name many green haired characters, so her design interests me
Thanks by the way :)
Jun 8, 2020 7:38 PM
Jan 2019
Hello everyone,

On here I go by GulielmusPrime but my real name is William. Gulielmus is a sort of Latin equivalent for William for those that might ask. I live in the USA. I joined MAL as a way to find new anime, keep track of what I've seen, and have discussions with people who are also a fan of the medium. It's hard to say what the first anime I watched was. The first that comes to mind would probably be Ruroni Kenshin or Dragon Ball. It'd be something that made it to Cartoon Network in the late 90s to early 2000s. At that time I was pretty young so they were just cartoons to me *gasp*. I started to differentiate anime when shows like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece became more prominent in America. This marked a point where I even started watching FanSubs and scanlations of the titles due to wanting to keep current with the series and this is where I really became absorbed in the medium. My favorite anime would probably be Code Geass or Death Note hence my L avatar. I can't really think of a favorite manga but I really enjoy Black Clover and My Hero Academia at the moment. I enjoy all the genres but I find that I watch a lot of romance and slice of life more often that not. I think it's because I'm a sap. The type of anime I tend to shy away from are series like No Guns Life and Psycho Pass. If you could lump all the common elements of those together that would be my least favorite genre. Outside of anime I enjoy, I'm an engineer by profession with my other hobbies including playing tennis, listening to music, and playing video games. I'm hoping to learn more about programming and the language of Japanese and I'm a big proponent of learning new things (nerd). Hopefully we'll have some great discussions on our mutual enjoyment of anime and manga. Thanks for having me.
GulielmusPrimeJun 8, 2020 7:47 PM
Jun 8, 2020 9:11 PM

May 2020
Hello peeps,I'am a newbie too! just joined in may 2020
Name's Jhulong and I like watching anime bruh

Recommend me anything if you want to! It will be real helpful hahahahahaha!
Jun 8, 2020 9:14 PM

May 2020
GulielmusPrime said:
Hello everyone,

On here I go by GulielmusPrime but my real name is William. Gulielmus is a sort of Latin equivalent for William for those that might ask. I live in the USA. I joined MAL as a way to find new anime, keep track of what I've seen, and have discussions with people who are also a fan of the medium. It's hard to say what the first anime I watched was. The first that comes to mind would probably be Ruroni Kenshin or Dragon Ball. It'd be something that made it to Cartoon Network in the late 90s to early 2000s. At that time I was pretty young so they were just cartoons to me *gasp*. I started to differentiate anime when shows like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece became more prominent in America. This marked a point where I even started watching FanSubs and scanlations of the titles due to wanting to keep current with the series and this is where I really became absorbed in the medium. My favorite anime would probably be Code Geass or Death Note hence my L avatar. I can't really think of a favorite manga but I really enjoy Black Clover and My Hero Academia at the moment. I enjoy all the genres but I find that I watch a lot of romance and slice of life more often that not. I think it's because I'm a sap. The type of anime I tend to shy away from are series like No Guns Life and Psycho Pass. If you could lump all the common elements of those together that would be my least favorite genre. Outside of anime I enjoy, I'm an engineer by profession with my other hobbies including playing tennis, listening to music, and playing video games. I'm hoping to learn more about programming and the language of Japanese and I'm a big proponent of learning new things (nerd). Hopefully we'll have some great discussions on our mutual enjoyment of anime and manga. Thanks for having me.

Hey William welcome to the club. We are soo happy you are here. Code Geass is a amazing anime. What was your favorite part?
Jun 8, 2020 9:15 PM

May 2020
Jhulong said:
Hello peeps,I'am a newbie too! just joined in may 2020
Name's Jhulong and I like watching anime bruh

Recommend me anything if you want to! It will be real helpful hahahahahaha!

Welcome. If you haven’t check out Haikyu or Free yet I would definitely recommend it
Jun 8, 2020 9:39 PM
Jan 2019
BravoTushka said:
GulielmusPrime said:
Hello everyone,

Hey William welcome to the club. We are soo happy you are here. Code Geass is a amazing anime. What was your favorite part?

Code Geass had a lot of good moments. The most memorable to me are when you first see Lelouch help the rebellion as Zero with his brains at the forefront. Shirley's death is one of my favorite anime moments just because of the weight it carries and how it changes Lelouch. The ending where he props himself up as a focus for all the hatred to have himself assassinated. Such a great show in my opinion.
Jun 8, 2020 9:46 PM

May 2020
GulielmusPrime said:
BravoTushka said:

Code Geass had a lot of good moments. The most memorable to me are when you first see Lelouch help the rebellion as Zero with his brains at the forefront. Shirley's death is one of my favorite anime moments just because of the weight it carries and how it changes Lelouch. The ending where he props himself up as a focus for all the hatred to have himself assassinated. Such a great show in my opinion.

For me I got addicted to the OST
Jun 8, 2020 9:52 PM
Jan 2019
BravoTushka said:
GulielmusPrime said:

For me I got addicted to the OST

I feel like everyone knows JIBUN WO!
Jun 10, 2020 10:41 PM

Apr 2020
Hello, people! My name is Nicolás, I'm from Argentina and I've been an anime n00b for almost 20 years now. I came to this group by recommendation from another user who bothered himself to write me in my DM box. Since I made my account just to keep a track on the shows I'm watching or planning to watch, I didn't really consider joining any community here, but in the end I said what the heck, I'm gonna hang out a little, so here I am.

My tastes regarding manga and anime are fairly open, except for overly fanservice-y/ecchi stuff, for which my umbral of tolerance is pretty low. My favourite manga is Rurouni Kenshin and my favourite anime would probably be Cowboy Bebop. I have a soft spot for 90's anime, but I still try to keep in touch with some of the new stuff.

Apart from anime, which takes very little of my spare time, actually, I like music (my taste ranges from prog rock/metal to math rock, jazz, folkloric music and singer-songwriters... and a lot of what's in between), reading and I draw comics... actually, I'm a Visual Arts grade student.

So yeah,I guess that's it. Hopefully we'll be chatting a bit in some of the forums. Cheers!
Jun 11, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2019
GiaquintaN said:
Hello, people! My name is Nicolás, I'm from Argentina and I've been an anime n00b for almost 20 years now. I came to this group by recommendation from another user who bothered himself to write me in my DM box. Since I made my account just to keep a track on the shows I'm watching or planning to watch, I didn't really consider joining any community here, but in the end I said what the heck, I'm gonna hang out a little, so here I am. [...]

Yahhooooo, GiaquintaN!
Woah it's nice to see an expert weeb who's watching for 20 years! Wish I was born earlier! Also you like cowboy bebop? I didn't really watch it but I heard it's good I might try it in the near future. Also I would recommend you some Slice of life anime since It's my main favorite genre! Try some gochiusa, kiniro mosaic, comic girls and wakaba girls! Also my favorite anime is Sound! Euphonium since Reina is there xD! Also you love some jazz! Niceeee. I like jazz music and even better w/ jazzhop! I like it playing when I'm drawing some of my waifus!

Hope you have a nice day and stay safe! Enjoy your stay here!
Jun 11, 2020 7:36 PM

Apr 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
Yahhooooo, GiaquintaN!
Woah it's nice to see an expert weeb who's watching for 20 years! Wish I was born earlier! Also you like cowboy bebop? I didn't really watch it but I heard it's good I might try it in the near future. Also I would recommend you some Slice of life anime since It's my main favorite genre! Try some gochiusa, kiniro mosaic, comic girls and wakaba girls! Also my favorite anime is Sound! Euphonium since Reina is there xD! Also you love some jazz! Niceeee. I like jazz music and even better w/ jazzhop! I like it playing when I'm drawing some of my waifus!

Thank you for the warm welcome! In all honesty, I wouldn't call myself a weeb, let alone an expert one haha. It's true that my journey in anime started roughly 20 years ago, but it is also true that I didn't watch but a handful of shows a year, and there were times I spent whole years without watching anime at all.

Cowboy Bebop is a must if you like anime and jazz, as well as Sakamichi no Apollon –the last specially if you are into the slice of life/drama side of things, so I'd really recommend you to give those two a watch (they are both directed by Shinichiro Watanabe and music was written by Yoko Kanno as well; Sakamichi's got a manga that goes way deeper in character developement and rushes a lot less with the plot as far as I know, but I didn't get to read it yet). I've checked the synopsis for Comic Girls (that title reminded me of Paper Girls, but I'm sure they're nothing alike, lol) and Sound! Euphonium... consider me interested :) Speaking of jazz, have you ever heard of jizue?
Jun 11, 2020 7:46 PM

Jul 2019
GiaquintaN said:
_XUwUX_ said:
Yahhooooo, GiaquintaN!

Thank you for the warm welcome! In all honesty, I wouldn't call myself a weeb, let alone an expert one haha. It's true that my journey in anime started roughly 20 years ago, but it is also true that I didn't watch but a handful of shows a year, and there were times I spent whole years without watching anime at all.

Cowboy Bebop is a must if you like anime and jazz, as well as Sakamichi no Apollon –the last specially if you are into the slice of life/drama side of things, so I'd really recommend you to give those two a watch (they are both directed by Shinichiro Watanabe and music was written by Yoko Kanno as well; Sakamichi's got a manga that goes way deeper in character developement and rushes a lot less with the plot as far as I know, but I didn't get to read it yet). I've checked the synopsis for Comic Girls (that title reminded me of Paper Girls, but I'm sure they're nothing alike, lol) and Sound! Euphonium... consider me interested :) Speaking of jazz, have you ever heard of jizue?

Oh I don't know jizue sorrryyyy I just like artist like potsu! Alsoooo sound euphonium is really a must! And I should watch bebop after I finish all my ptw! Thanks for responding!
Jun 11, 2020 9:18 PM

Apr 2020
_XUwUX_ said:

Oh I don't know jizue sorrryyyy I just like artist like potsu! Alsoooo sound euphonium is really a must! And I should watch bebop after I finish all my ptw! Thanks for responding!

This potsu?

As for jizue, they play a more "bombastic" brand of modern jazz –without going full-blown fusion; they mix with elements of post-rock and have a few collabs with a rapper called Shing02. Last year they were featured in the Hoshiai no Sora OST (well, their guitarist composed it). If you want to check them out, this is a nice start
GiaquintaNJun 11, 2020 9:22 PM
Jun 12, 2020 1:52 AM

Jul 2019
GiaquintaN said:
_XUwUX_ said:

This potsu?

As for jizue, they play a more "bombastic" brand of modern jazz –without going full-blown fusion; they mix with elements of post-rock and have a few collabs with a rapper called Shing02. Last year they were featured in the Hoshiai no Sora OST (well, their guitarist composed it). If you want to check them out, this is a nice start

Yes I should try it! Thanks for mentioning it!
Jun 14, 2020 12:08 AM
May 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
GiaquintaN said:

This potsu?

Yes I should try it! Thanks for mentioning it!

S- SAUSAGE WAIFU
Jun 14, 2020 12:29 AM
May 2020
My name is ultimateotaku4, im from Norway im new here on MAL. Can someone tell.me.how to ask anime recommendations here. If you have some ideas about anime with a female duo with a strong bond like release the spyce or canaan or something like that.
Jun 14, 2020 2:14 PM

May 2020
UltimateOtaku4 said:
My name is ultimateotaku4, im from Norway im new here on MAL. Can someone tell.me.how to ask anime recommendations here. If you have some ideas about anime with a female duo with a strong bond like release the spyce or canaan or something like that.

Hi ultimateotaku4 welcome to Myanimelist and welcome to the Newbie Club. To look for a recommendation you can either ask around the club or you can put in the search bar of myanimelist or google "Female duo with a strong bond". I hope you enjoy your time here.
Jun 15, 2020 12:28 AM
Jun 2020
hi my name is Shawna and I live in Australia , I joind MAL cause.. um .. I wanted to . what was next ??
oh yea my first anime ( that i knew was an anime (long story )) was ouran highschool host club . BUT the very first anime that i DIDN'T know was an anime would be pokemon .
My fav anime is ohshc. um i can really remember the other thing but my OTHER hobbies are... playing the flute playing the piano dancing and I guess that's it
also my only a few of my friends like anime which is SO ANNOYING !!
Jun 15, 2020 7:42 AM

May 2020
The_host_club_4 said:
hi my name is Shawna and I live in Australia , I joind MAL cause.. um .. I wanted to . what was next ??
oh yea my first anime ( that i knew was an anime (long story )) was ouran highschool host club . BUT the very first anime that i DIDN'T know was an anime would be pokemon .
My fav anime is ohshc. um i can really remember the other thing but my OTHER hobbies are... playing the flute playing the piano dancing and I guess that's it

Hi Shawna and welcome to the Newbie club we are so glad you joined. I see that you play the flute, I my self play the trumpet. What is your favorite thing to play on the flute? Anyways I hope you enjoy your time here.
Jun 16, 2020 3:03 AM
Jun 2020
BravoTushka said:
The_host_club_4 said:

Hi Shawna and welcome to the Newbie club we are so glad you joined. I see that you play the flute, I my self play the trumpet. What is your favorite thing to play on the flute? Anyways I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi , to answer your question, well I am not really sure what my favorite thing to play on the flute , but if i had to choose it would be .. one of the hot french bells ( hot cross buns , au claire de la lune and jingle bells all in one ) or on the bridge of avignon ( I am motsly familliar to the french version though )
Jun 17, 2020 7:05 PM
Jun 2020
Hi, y'all... I'm not good at giving introductions but here we go! My name is Felix, I'm sixteen, going into my junior year of high school and am from Indiana, U.S.A. I had a really, really, really bad otaku phase when I was in middle school that completely turned me away from anime for a pretty long time, but as of right now I'm very slowly starting to get back into watching it.

I figured MAL would be a good chance to maybe talk to some fans and track some of the manga that I'm going to read to help me while I'm learning Japanese :) feel free to add or message me! I'm also pretty into anything sci-fi or old school so if you've got a taste for those, give me your recommendations!

Also, just to note, I made my profile page look hideously outdated and ugly completely on purpose. Please don't think I'm serious with it lol
Jun 17, 2020 8:05 PM

Jul 2019
jaborosa said:
Hi, y'all... I'm not good at giving introductions but here we go! My name is Felix, I'm sixteen, going into my junior year of high school and am from Indiana, U.S.A. I had a really, really, really bad otaku phase when I was in middle school that completely turned me away from anime for a pretty long time, but as of right now I'm very slowly starting to get back into watching it.

I figured MAL would be a good chance to maybe talk to some fans and track some of the manga that I'm going to read to help me while I'm learning Japanese :) feel free to add or message me! I'm also pretty into anything sci-fi or old school so if you've got a taste for those, give me your recommendations!

Also, just to note, I made my profile page look hideously outdated and ugly completely on purpose. Please don't think I'm serious with it lol

Yahhooooo, jaborosa!
I saw your profile! Veryyyy cool editing it! alsooo I'm not completely fan of sci-fi
so sorry for that. I love slice of life! I love how laidback the character is on the slice of life! You might want to try gochuumon wa usagi desu ka for starters!
Have a nice stay and hope you are enjoying your day!
Jun 20, 2020 1:28 PM

Jun 2020
helloo, i'm toka, u can call me ryan if u want. I'm 16 as of now and am from the philippines
I started watching anime since when I was 6, stopped and continued in 2015.
I also self-taught myself japanese for 3 and 1/2 years (I know, unexpected.)
僕には日本語が独学しまう
これは大丈夫かな「俺の日本語」?
僕はひらがなとか、カタカナとか、漢字がわかります。
とにかく、猫が大好き!
そして、俺アニメと漫画好きです!
...maybe i'm a weeaboo and not just an otaku lol
I'm really awkward so I don't know if I'm offending anyone with my inability to interact
so if you're offended, i'm sorry
I was hoping to make some friends here....
also I like anything nice as long as it's not detrimental to my well-being
I don't like horror, I have anxiety problems..
and I don't care about sports much.

Also if you have recommendations about anything slice-of-life/comedy/sci-fi/drama,
feel free to ask me bcuz i'm new ;-;

"It's not good if you expect too much, but you can't do anything if you're being overly pessimistic."
Jun 20, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2020
tokakasota said:
helloo, i'm toka, u can call me ryan if u want. I'm 16 as of now and am from the philippines
I started watching anime since when I was 6, stopped and continued in 2015.
I also self-taught myself japanese for 3 and 1/2 years (I know, unexpected.)
僕には日本語が独学しまう
これは大丈夫かな「俺の日本語」?
僕はひらがなとか、カタカナとか、漢字がわかります。
とにかく、猫が大好き!
そして、俺アニメと漫画好きです!
...maybe i'm a weeaboo and not just an otaku lol
I'm really awkward so I don't know if I'm offending anyone with my inability to interact
so if you're offended, i'm sorry
I was hoping to make some friends here....
also I like anything nice as long as it's not detrimental to my well-being
I don't like horror, I have anxiety problems..
and I don't care about sports much.

Also if you have recommendations about anything slice-of-life/comedy/sci-fi/drama,
feel free to ask me bcuz i'm new ;-;

Hello Toka welcome to the Newbie Club, I feel the same about horror animes. Have you checked out ReLIFE? Or Kokoro Connect? Anyways I hope you enjoy your time here and make a lot of friends.
Jun 21, 2020 3:00 AM
Feb 2020
Hi my nickname is ZOGO but you can call me Peter if you want xd. I am from Czech Republic. I don't talk much often what was my first anime bc it was boku no pico (no i am not joking i got baited xd) Well that was hentai, my first anime was Fairy Tail or Naruto (i am not sure rn). My most fav anime is assassination classroom. I like almost every genre except gore. I always got anxiety while watching it :(. I started watching anime like 1 year ago but i didn't watched that often bc of school. In quarantine i started watching anime ALOT, lliterally everyday and i absolutely fell in love with anime. My other hobbies are playing videogames and rockclimbing, I've been doing both for a long time. I joined mal bc some guy in youtube comments recommend it to me. At the start i didn't create acc bc i wanted friends i created it bc i wanted to organize my anime list. But i am starting liking anime really much so i decide to join anime comunity and make some friends xd.
Jun 21, 2020 4:12 AM
Jun 2020
hi I'm new to MAL. and idk what else to say. I'm an antisocial introvert who has the socialising skills of an egg. I've read lots of good reviews about MAL so I hope it won't disappoint me.
Jun 21, 2020 12:09 PM

Oct 2019
schediaphile_ said:
hi I'm new to MAL. and idk what else to say. I'm an antisocial introvert who has the socialising skills of an egg. I've read lots of good reviews about MAL so I hope it won't disappoint me.
[...]

Hi schedia,
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
I personally started using MAL to track the anime that I've seen and after some time I joined my first club, this club.
Even if you're an antisocial introvert it's nice to see that you took some time to reply in the introductions and introduce yourself. I'm not sure if an egg has a social skills but that's a nice joke.
What's your favorite anime so far? I saw that you watched Silent voice and in case you enjoyed that movie, you can try and watch Your name. It's another great romance movie and I think that you might enjoy it if you enjoyed Silent voice.

Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here in this club. I can add you as a friend if you want.

ZOGO said:
Hi my nickname is ZOGO but you can call me Peter if you want xd. I am from Czech Republic.
[...]

Hi Peter,
Nice to meet you and welcome to the club.
Oh, starting anime with Fairy Tail? I know some people who started watching anime because Attack on titan, One punch man and sometimes even Fairy Tails but I personally haven't seen it yet. My first anime was Clockwork planet and it introduced me to most elements in anime. Did Fairy tails leave an impact on you as a first anime?
I watched Assassination classroom a year ago and I thought that it was really good. My personal favorite anime are Bunny girl Snepai or Rising of the shield hero, I usually can't decide between those two because I like both of them a lot.
I started watching anime 2 years ago and I took some breaks from time to time. I usually finish 12 ep anime in few days or even a day if I really like it.

Hope you enjoy your day and your time here in the club :)
healerblueJun 23, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 22, 2020 8:29 AM
Jun 2020
Hi guys! I'm Joram, 20 years old, from Philippines. I've been watching anime since I was five years old, but I just recently discovered MAL. At first, I thought it was just the same as anichart, which displays new animes per season. Never did I know that MAL has a community inside of it and it has this amazing interface that let's you organize the animes/mangas you've watched/read. Since I can't possibly remember every anime I've watched since I was five, I just added all that sticks to my mind. I'm quite a nerd though, since I prioritize my academics over anime, and so, I can't really say I'm an otaku.
Personally, I like animes/mangas that has a really complex storyline, because it makes my mind actively thinking what may happen next. Most animes that exceeds 100 episodes are like this (e.g. One Piece, Naruto, Gintama, etc.). Sadly, there are some really good ones that has not been getting another season, such as NGNL, moreover, its light novel was stuck in vol 10 😭.
My personality is exactly the same as Oreki Houtarou in Hyouka and Hikigaya Hachiman in Oregairu, quite an antisocial and apathetic. However, I really need to enhance my communication skills, as it is a necessary skill in life.
Let's be friends guys. I really need some new anime recommendations. Add me, or I can add you. Thanks.
firefistace25Jun 22, 2020 8:40 AM
Jun 22, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2020
firefistace25 said:
Hi guys! I'm Joram, 20 years old, from Philippines. I've been watching anime since I was five years old, but I just recently discovered MAL. At first, I thought it was just the same as anichart, which displays new animes per season. Never did I know that MAL has a community inside of it and it has this amazing interface that let's you organize the animes/mangas you've watched/read. Since I can't possibly remember every anime I've watched since I was five, I just added all that sticks to my mind. I'm quite a nerd though, since I prioritize my academics over anime, and so, I can't really say I'm an otaku.
Personally, I like animes/mangas that has a really complex storyline, because it makes my mind actively thinking what may happen next. Most animes that exceeds 100 episodes are like this (e.g. One Piece, Naruto, Gintama, etc.). Sadly, there are some really good ones that has not been getting another season, such as NGNL, moreover, its light novel was stuck in vol 10 😭.
My personality is exactly the same as Oreki Houtarou in Hyouka and Hikigaya Hachiman in Oregairu, quite an antisocial and apathetic. However, I really need to enhance my communication skills, as it is a necessary skill in life.
Let's be friends guys. I really need some new anime recommendations. Add me, or I can add you. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the newbie club. I feel the same way about Houtarou Oreki, and I feel almost as lazy as he seems and not wanting to exert any effort. As for anime recomendations i highly recommend Haikyu, Free, Kokoro Connect and Your Lie in April. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Jun 22, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2020
Hi eveveryone ^^

I'm afoxii and I'm 16. I'm french so I early apologize for all the mistakes in my post --'. I'm actually at high school and I wanna to study music and become a pianist. I'm quite introverted IRL.
I recently joined MAL (even though I already knew the website for a while) because I started to watch a bit more "seriously" anime (I don't really like this expression haha). I'm still a bit lost with the club functionning, so when I discovered this club, I joined because I thought it would be useful! I really enjoy the Psychological and Mystery genres, but I like many other styles! (if you wanna have a precise idea on my taste you can always check out my list)

So that's it! I look forward in this club! You can send me a DM if you wanna discuss about something ^^
Jun 22, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2020
afoxii said:
Hi eveveryone ^^

I'm afoxii and I'm 16. I'm french so I early apologize for all the mistakes in my post --'. I'm actually at high school and I wanna to study music and become a pianist. I'm quite introverted IRL.
I recently joined MAL (even though I already knew the website for a while) because I started to watch a bit more "seriously" anime (I don't really like this expression haha). I'm still a bit lost with the club functionning, so when I discovered this club, I joined because I thought it would be useful! I really enjoy the Psychological and Mystery genres, but I like many other styles! (if you wanna have a precise idea on my taste you can always check out my list)

So that's it! I look forward in this club! You can send me a DM if you wanna discuss about something ^^

Hi and welcome to the Newbie club. I can relate to being introverted IRL but I have found that the members of this group especially the regulars on the discord are some of the nicest people you will meet. It is really cool that you want to study music I personally play the trumpet and am hoping for a music minor. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Jun 23, 2020 12:47 AM

Jul 2019
firefistace25 said:
Hi guys! I'm Joram, 20 years old, from Philippines. I've been watching anime since I was five years old, but I just recently discovered MAL. At first, I thought it was just the same as anichart, which displays new animes per season. [...]

Yaahhhooo, firefistace25!
I'm from Philippines tooo! Alsoooo I can see u have the same personality like oreki
and hachiman. Well I have like personality of oreki, I want to have an energy saving life here! Alsoooo I recommend watching some SOL like Gochiusa after school! It really makes your head relaxed! well nice to meet youuu
and have a nice day!

~XUwUX
Jun 23, 2020 9:56 AM
Jun 2020
Hey, I'm thejulianp, and I picking up anime again. The forums looked nice and I like discussion after I watch an episode, so I signed up.

I'm slowly weaning myself off of youtube, which means I have a lot more time on my hands. Anime's pretty fun to watch though. I usually never like to watch the last episode of a series, I really like comedy, and dramatic scenes usually fail to work on me.

I've got the driest eyes in the west, and if a tear falls from my eye that's one hell of an episode.
Jun 23, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2019
thejulianp said:
Hey, I'm thejulianp, and I picking up anime again. The forums looked nice and I like discussion after I watch an episode, so I signed up.
[...]

Hey thejualia,

Welcome to the club.
Oh, I'm similar in a way where I don't want to watch the last episodes sometimes because I know that I won't see the characters again. There's a lot of great series that I want to see the 2nd season of. Some series have a great last episode so sometimes a last episode can help you enjoy the anime a lot more.

Why do the dramatic scenes fail to work for you? I know some great dramatic scenes that made me cry, got me interested in the anime or just made me care for the characters.

Hm, I haven't watched sad anime recently but I can try to recommend you few that I've watched before if you want? Also, which episode or anime had the biggest emotional impact on you?
healerblueJun 23, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 23, 2020 12:41 PM
Jun 2020
Hello! :) i never really intorduced my self.. so i hope this is okay ;-;

i joined MAL because when i was searching for anime to watch this thing kept coming up and i was like why the heck not :) and so i made an account :) when i actually got into anime i think the first anime was.. lolirock.. although that could be completely wrong it could also have been 7 deadly sins.. but when i was into anime it was either one punch man or salor moon.. :) i dont really have a favorite theres too many.. ;-; i think i like school or fantasy.. although i fine with anime besides harem... i dont really like harlem... but also there are some with that genre but also still good.. :) i like drawing and video editing :) and yeah thats pretty much about my self.. haha.. there not alot to know so yeah :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (93) « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [ACTIVITY] What song are you listening to right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ByronM - Apr 2, 2016

316 by Serafos »»
10 hours ago

» [GAMES] Last Letter Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LXXI - Jun 8, 2019

5479 by Kanipan_Enkuldes »»
Sep 27, 2:47 AM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

7267 by Kanipan_Enkuldes »»
Sep 27, 2:46 AM

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8828 by Serafos »»
Sep 23, 11:46 PM

» How to Watch Anime Faster?

starghost_ - Apr 3, 2019

18 by Serafos »»
Sep 22, 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.