Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Jan 2019
I haven't watched the movie yet, but I am just curious why there is an R+ mild nudity rating for this movie. All the other SAOs have PG13 rating so I find it hard to believe there is full frontal nudity.
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Mar 4, 2020 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
There's a bath scene with Asuna nude, and her nipples are seen.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 4, 2020 10:30 AM

Jan 2019
Tropisch said:

Oh boy, now I need to do some investigation
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Mar 4, 2020 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
"Mild nudity". What a completely screwed up term. The human body is not some sort of poison.
Apr 22, 2020 2:08 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017

Thats a few seconds in a 2 hour movie, so it doesn’t warrant that tag. I don’t see why the mods added it.
May 9, 2020 8:15 PM
Oct 2016
Its just A FUCKING NIPPLE…*cough cough🤭🤭🤥
May 20, 2020 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
This is one perfectly good example of how the MAL rating system and criteria is a joke.
It would be better to just have the rating with sub ratings to say what it contains.

This kind of nudity WOULD BE ALLOWED in a PG-13, so having it marked as an R18+ is pathetic. It was like 3 to 5 seconds and not sexual.
This should be a PG-13 rating, with a tag for Violence, Language, and partial nudity.

Also, the "Mild Nudity" tag needs to be renamed.
Maybe like Moderate to Strong Nudity (a series like Queen's Blade would have the Strong Nudity tag as that isn't "Mild" at all.
May 20, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2020
They don't look at how long is it , if there's a frame with nudity they will tag it with R+
May 20, 2020 1:54 AM

Jul 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only remember a bathing Asuna that showed like a second of nipple lol

A much appreciated scene btw

May 20, 2020 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
M0onShine said:
They don't look at how long is it, if there's a frame with nudity they will tag it with R+

And they need to look at how long and the CONTEXT of it. An R+ rating is pretty much = a 17+ rating.
This movie is NOT R rated, it would be PG-13. Context of it MATTERS.

Code Geass had a second of nudity in 1 episode, but they still have that R-17 for Violence and Profanity and not R+ for Nudity.
R+ ratings should be reserved for series like Queen's Blade with constant nudity (and it changed from Mild to Moderate Nudity)

This is a perfect example to show the flaw in their rating system for how they rate Anime because it's been horrible for over a decade (and not very consistent).
They make it seem like there are multiple minutes (like 5 to 20 minutes) of nudity with an R+ Mild Nudity tag when it's only 3 seconds.

Hell, Summer Wars had some partial nudity (due to a bath scene) but granted no privates are fully visible, and MPAA gave THAT movie a PG (for action violence, some suggestive content, language, mild thematic material, and incidental smoking).

It has a PG-13 rating here but going by your logic would be they should slap that movie with an R+ Mild Nudity here on MAL as well, and that is very misleading, just like this R+ rating.

Attackonfiller said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only remember a bathing Asuna that showed like a second of nipple lol

A much-appreciated scene btw

It is. It's only like 2 to 4 seconds I think.
Rating the WHOLE MOVIE as R+ for a few seconds of nudity makes it seem like the whole thing has it throughout.

As I posted above, the whole rating system needs an overhaul and needs better guidelines. Having a sub-rating below it to explain the content on each page would indeed help things out more. Having a Violence, Language and brief-nudity would be under a PG-13 tag and be perfectly fine.
MasterJ633May 20, 2020 2:18 PM
May 20, 2020 8:49 PM

May 2020
MasterJ633 said:
M0onShine said:
They don't look at how long is it, if there's a frame with nudity they will tag it with R+

And they need to look at how long and the CONTEXT of it. An R+ rating is pretty much = a 17+ rating.
This movie is NOT R rated, it would be PG-13. Context of it MATTERS.

Code Geass had a second of nudity in 1 episode, but they still have that R-17 for Violence and Profanity and not R+ for Nudity.
R+ ratings should be reserved for series like Queen's Blade with constant nudity (and it changed from Mild to Moderate Nudity)

This is a perfect example to show the flaw in their rating system for how they rate Anime because it's been horrible for over a decade (and not very consistent).
They make it seem like there are multiple minutes (like 5 to 20 minutes) of nudity with an R+ Mild Nudity tag when it's only 3 seconds.

Hell, Summer Wars had some partial nudity (due to a bath scene) but granted no privates are fully visible, and MPAA gave THAT movie a PG (for action violence, some suggestive content, language, mild thematic material, and incidental smoking).

It has a PG-13 rating here but going by your logic would be they should slap that movie with an R+ Mild Nudity here on MAL as well, and that is very misleading, just like this R+ rating.

Attackonfiller said:

A much-appreciated scene btw

It is. It's only like 2 to 4 seconds I think.
Rating the WHOLE MOVIE as R+ for a few seconds of nudity makes it seem like the whole thing has it throughout.

As I posted above, the whole rating system needs an overhaul and needs better guidelines. Having a sub-rating below it to explain the content on each page would indeed help things out more. Having a Violence, Language and brief-nudity would be under a PG-13 tag and be perfectly fine.
What you saying is true , they shouldn't change the rate of movie to irrelevant things like R+ , it should be PG-13 because there's no bleeding wound inside SAO games. Even if there is blood worst rating would be R-17 but no , they had to put R+ because of a moment lasting a few seconds. This is the most horrible rating I ever saw. Yeah , this rating is a lot worse than those hater reviews.

Also agreed with you about last paragraph , they need to update it with better guidelines or if it's too long they can remake it.

What we learned today? Rating system is horrible and should be updated with better guidelines.
Jun 14, 2020 9:09 AM
Jun 2020
I think it's the same as Grisaia no Kajitsu? Eventough the "oppai" scene is only for a few seconds, but it's tagged Mild Nudity without Ecchi genre in it, and yeah, I also think the rating is weird because there is a pretty harsh violence in Grisaia but it's rated Mild Nudity instead of Violence & Profanity.

Oh btw, the nipple showed up at 25:53 ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
Jul 15, 2020 2:22 PM
Jan 2020
Hulu cut out the nipple. I went and found the scene online (for research). I am going to be honest I think for storytelling the cut from the phone to the next scene works just as well. Btw the dub cuts the entire bath (which was a mistake that scene was important).
Jul 19, 2020 9:21 PM
Jul 2017
The scene in episode 24 in the original SAO with Sugou (the pathetic pile of rotting anal mucus that it is) is far more worthy of having an R+ rating than the bath scene of Ordinal Scale.

PS: please pardon the semi-explicit description of the character. It is merely the best description I can think of for it.
Dec 4, 2020 9:46 PM
Apr 2013
You must be from Murica if this movie got an adult rating in your country 😂 In my country it has a 12+ rating. I will never understand your fear of the human body. Also in your TV shows like Navy CIS for example. They show a dead body on a table, covered in blood, burned flesh and an open chest with a nice view to the inside of that body while Dougie takes out the bloody liver and bullets, but at the same time there is always a bright light that covers the genitals which you can see in every biology school book. 😂
Dec 12, 2020 4:53 PM

Sep 2008
advocatus said:
You must be from Murica if this movie got an adult rating in your country 😂 In my country it has a 12+ rating. I will never understand your fear of the human body. Also in your TV shows like Navy CIS for example. They show a dead body on a table, covered in blood, burned flesh and an open chest with a nice view to the inside of that body while Dougie takes out the bloody liver and bullets, but at the same time there is always a bright light that covers the genitals which you can see in every biology school book. 😂

I've seen NCIS reruns on USA Network so I know what you're talking about.
It's laughable at many of the episodes of what you said happened, are still rated TV-PG and yet MAL still thinks 2 seconds of nipples get an R+ (18+ Rating).
Dec 12, 2020 5:05 PM

Jan 2017
MasterJ633 said:
This is one perfectly good example of how the MAL rating system and criteria is a joke.
It would be better to just have the rating with sub ratings to say what it contains.

This kind of nudity WOULD BE ALLOWED in a PG-13, so having it marked as an R18+ is pathetic. It was like 3 to 5 seconds and not sexual.
This should be a PG-13 rating, with a tag for Violence, Language, and partial nudity.

Also, the "Mild Nudity" tag needs to be renamed.
Maybe like Moderate to Strong Nudity (a series like Queen's Blade would have the Strong Nudity tag as that isn't "Mild" at all.

It’s not just mal though. Live action movies will get rated R for nipples shown through shirts e.g Mad Max Fury Road
you're cool
Jul 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Oct 2020
winfoharso said:
I haven't watched the movie yet, but I am just curious why there is an R+ mild nudity rating for this movie. All the other SAOs have PG13 rating so I find it hard to believe there is full frontal nudity.
No it isn't R+, they are just making it look bad
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Nov 9, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2020
I just tried to watch this on Funimation and the scene was replaced by a shampoo bottle 😅 yet it is apparently the uncut version
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

Apr 2017
logopolis said:
"Mild nudity". What a completely screwed up term. The human body is not some sort of poison.
exactly bro let's all get naked we're not poisonous ya know

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Feb 18, 2017

380 by CcCharles »»
Apr 6, 1:32 AM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.