Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2019 2:29 AM

Oct 2014
Hello! Not sure if anyone here is into car-culture here, but I definitely am, and hopefully someone will find this interesting. Just wanted to show You guys a little gallery of what I enjoy spending a lot of my time on right now, and what I hope to do for living in future.

I'm mainly inspired by manga like Initial D, Wangan Midnight, Shakotan Boogie, Naniwa Tomoare etc., and also many other car-artists and comic-artists. All of the drawings that I've done so far are ink on paper, but I plan to do digital-art in future for vector art, so I can design stickers, t-shirts, and maybe little car accessories like air-fresheners and such.

Well, whatever. Here are few of the drawings for You to see:

Let me know what You think of these guys, and if anyone would like me to post more of my art here, in this topic. I'm not really confident if anyone here is interested, but I thought I would give it a shot. X)

Also You can follow me on other social media, and see more of my art there:
Tumblr: https://shinearts.tumblr.com/ - I plan to use it as my base platform, buy a domain, and use it as my own web-site later on.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oscarwave/ - most active here
Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shinerino - not very active here, but I still use it, I guess...
Oct 18, 2019 3:23 AM

Jun 2009
That looks great! I'm loving the inked/monochrome style and my favorite is the one from May 12th that says 'Alexi' on the car.

I'm not really into cars but I gotta admit this made me think 'wow cars are cool' so :')
Oct 20, 2019 1:28 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Looks dope man.

have you ever tried selling these at an anime con or something as an artist? I reckon you'd do well. I've seen some artist booths in the past with monochrome manga-style car art like yours.
Oct 20, 2019 4:00 AM

May 2014
These look really great. I espcially love the one with Chopper in the car (╯✧ ∇ ✧)╯
Oct 20, 2019 4:33 AM

Oct 2014
guppika said:
That looks great! I'm loving the inked/monochrome style and my favorite is the one from May 12th that says 'Alexi' on the car.

I'm not really into cars but I gotta admit this made me think 'wow cars are cool' so :')

Thanks! The one that says "Alexi" is actually one of my most successful and popular drawings so far. It's a fan-art that I did for one Youtuber who goes by name NoriYaro. He lives in Japan and films videos about car-culture in Japan. Alexi is his real name. If You feel like You might be more interested in Japanese car-culture and drifting then You should definitely check him out!

Tensho said:
Looks dope man.

have you ever tried selling these at an anime con or something as an artist? I reckon you'd do well. I've seen some artist booths in the past with monochrome manga-style car art like yours.

Thank You! I haven't, because conventions where I live (Europe, Latvia, Baltics) are pretty small, and not many people that go to conventions are interested in car-culture. Also, I have no opportunities financially to go to conventions in bigger countries like Germany, for example, so sharing my art on social media is the best I can do.

fancyjasper said:
These look really great. I espcially love the one with Chopper in the car (╯✧ ∇ ✧)╯

Haha, thank You! That was a commission piece ordered by one of my followers. Really like how this one turned out too.

Oct 20, 2019 4:47 AM

Jul 2009
You draw cars better than a lot of actual manga artists. I'm actually amazed!
Oct 20, 2019 6:46 AM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 2018
That caricaturestic vibe and the monochrome ink style really makes it...

Did you start as an artist who migrated to car focused works, or did you start as a car lover who became an artist?
Oct 20, 2019 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
Skittles said:
You draw cars better than a lot of actual manga artists. I'm actually amazed!

Thank You for Your support, but I don't really think there is a term like "better" when it comes to car-art in manga, unless You're comparing it to realism. And, if You are comparing it to realism then I'm also far from being any good. I constantly mess up proportions (I'm really bad at those), a lot of little parts are not exactly where they're supposed to be at etc.
Drawings that I've shared here so far are only a little part of it, and I've come a long way if You compare my older car drawings to what I draw now. :D
I think there are too many manga artists with unique ways to draw cars and make it fun. It's just that people don't really notice it, because it's never the main point. Good examples are Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball, especially their cover-art.

Dr. Slump

Dragon Ball

Valdemore said:
That caricaturestic vibe and the monochrome ink style really makes it...

Did you start as an artist who migrated to car focused works, or did you start as a car lover who became an artist?

Haha, good question. I've been into cars since I was born. I used to play with them in sandbox, played a lot of racing video games, visited all kinds of car-events and so on. On the other hand, manga, anime and drawing wasn't really connected with my interest in cars until I found out about Initial D, Wangan Midnight, Shakotan Boogie and few more car-related manga and anime. Then I thought to myself that I should try drawing something like that, and got stuck with it ever since. I used to draw cars when I was a kid sometimes, but that doesn't really count.

Occasionally I drew some manga art of my favourite characters before I started any of this car-art that I'm doing now. I guess, I'm more of an artist who migrated to car focused works, but I also started drawing way more because of drawing cars.
Nov 19, 2019 1:22 AM

Oct 2014
some of my most recent drawings:

SCAN:

SCAN:

SCAN:

SCAN:

More topics from this board

» 10 NEW Anime to watch Spring 2024

Marinate1016 - 5 hours ago

0 by Marinate1016 »»
5 hours ago

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

7 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

» Sasami Jurai - TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Doll Series

MasterTasuke - Yesterday

0 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 10:01 PM

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - Yesterday

0 by ToastWithNutella »»
Yesterday, 8:51 PM

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.