Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 6, 2019 2:22 AM
Sep 2019
I don,t understand why this anime is high rated the story was total trash and character development was zero
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 7, 2019 2:31 PM
Aug 2018
I don't understand why you would think that. Or maybe I do. You didn't watch it with the right subs or in good quality. Dekinai subs were easily the best subs for this show. You should have dropped the anime if you didn't like it. If you do that you can pick it up again and give it another chance and maybe watch it in better quality/with better subs.
Sep 12, 2019 3:38 PM
Jul 2016
Could you explain why the story was trash and no character development? Some parts of the story (the ones not from the novel) were cheesy sometimes, but I'd say the story is decent and interesting. Though, there is a plenty of character development, you either missed it or that kind of show isn't your taste.
Sep 21, 2019 5:04 PM
Mar 2019
Yeah im not done watching it yet, but right now im halfway through (suicidal party) and its really boring. The story isnt intresting so far and its not funny or has any qualities.
People said that they can relate to the characters but wtf? These guys are the biggest loosers ever and everything is overeyaggerated. Like the mc would go through with suicid because he had a missunderstanding and the reasons of the other guys arent much better aswell.
So far its 13 episodes with no content, like really there wasnt a story told yet, somehow intressting characters where introduced but thats it since episode 1.
The conspiracy shit is annoying aswell.
Sep 24, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
Saurabh980 said:
I don,t understand why this anime is high rated the story was total trash and character development was zero

Did you literally make an account just to say this?

We_Ka said:
Yeah im not done watching it yet, but right now im halfway through (suicidal party) and its really boring. The story isnt intresting so far and its not funny or has any qualities.
People said that they can relate to the characters but wtf? These guys are the biggest loosers ever and everything is overeyaggerated. Like the mc would go through with suicid because he had a missunderstanding and the reasons of the other guys arent much better aswell.
So far its 13 episodes with no content, like really there wasnt a story told yet, somehow intressting characters where introduced but thats it since episode 1.

Simple, you're just a normie. Besides it's not "overeyaggerated", it's purely "overeyaggerated" because that's their thought process or how they perceive things. The anime is "overeyaggerated" to emphasize that he has a problem. the conspiracy is paranoia stemming from loneliness, overthinking, detachment from society. "These guys are the biggest loosers", that's basically gist of hikikomori, they're not suppose to be amazing chads that get shitty fan service just for the sake of ratings. just google it. The anime simply isn't your forte, just drop it if you're this annoyed by it.
Sep 28, 2019 8:26 AM
Mar 2019
wept said:
Saurabh980 said:

We_Ka said:

Simple, you're just a normie. Besides it's not "overeyaggerated", it's purely "overeyaggerated" because that's their thought process or how they perceive things. The anime is "overeyaggerated" to emphasize that he has a problem. the conspiracy is paranoia stemming from loneliness, overthinking, detachment from society. "These guys are the biggest loosers", that's basically gist of hikikomori, they're not suppose to be amazing chads that get shitty fan service just for the sake of ratings. just google it. The anime simply isn't your forte, just drop it if you're this annoyed by it.

I will take normie as a compliment, thank you.

But what exactly was the point of your post now? Making fun of typing y instead of x to feel superior?

Tell me how people get enjoyment out of this show and whats good about it at least.
I think the overexxageration doesnt empasize those feelings, it just makes the whole situation laughable and unrealistic.

If you find some more grammar mistakes and typos you are free to keep them to yourself.
Sep 28, 2019 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
We_Ka said:
wept said:

But what exactly was the point of your post now? Making fun of typing y instead of x to feel superior?

Tell me how people get enjoyment out of this show and whats good about it at least.
I think the overexxageration doesnt empasize those feelings, it just makes the whole situation laughable and unrealistic.

If you find some more grammar mistakes and typos you are free to keep them to yourself.

There are no points in posting, my post has just as much value as yours.

How am I supposed to tell you why people feel the way they do? You're being unrealistic. Also I'm free to do so, doesn't mean I will. I'll make an exception just for you. ;)
Sep 29, 2019 3:50 AM
Mar 2019

I mentioned some points why i didnt like it.
You didnt tell me what you think makes the show so good. Thats all i asked for because i do want to hear the arguments of the other side obviously. I have no problems with other people have different taste.

But you were not able to name a single point out of your view. Instead you made fun of a typo. So NO you had not a single valid point while i did.

Im unrealistic because i expect people being able to argue about their point of view? Have you ever heard of good reviews?
Sep 29, 2019 6:05 AM
Jan 2017
It's been a while since I watched it, but I'd honestly say it is in my personnal top 5, maybe even top 3 anime of all time.

Yes, the reactions are often exagerated, but the magnitude of their exageration represents how everything is so much more intense, much more difficult to deal with when you suffer from deep social anxiety and low self-esteem. The delusions are simply Satou's imagination running wild and his demons haunting him. Because when you're constantly confronted by boredom and social starvation, like he would be from practically never leaving his room, you're stuck with your own mind. It starts going through everything wrong with your life, no matter how much you want to think of anything else, and questions everything you have been, are, and will be. Having very little human contact also does... things to the human mind. The alarm clock going off, everyday in an otherwise silent and empty life, so cheerful, and yet...

I came somewhat close to being a hikkikomori myself, even though I had a job (working from home), and even with a girlfriend and seeing my parents once every week or two. I was constantly alone when my girlfriend left for school or work and since I had no colleagues and never go out of my way to start conversations even with my best friends, I started feeling stuck inside. I started losing social skills fast, and the longer I stayed inside, the worst it was. Even with periodic contacts with people outside and a loving girlfriend, I was starting to lose myself, to lose control over my life.

I've always known I was at risk of this, as a hardcore gamer, but I never imagined WORK would have the same effect. And yet here I was, declining and hating myself more day by day of not being able to just speak up and just DO something. This is why I relate to NHK ni Youkoso - it's a dark mirror of what could have been (minus the suicide party). And even though I've gotten better, I know it's a slippery slope that anyone can fall on in this day and age, where we're so cut of from one another and can go on living in near constant isolation.

And I did find some of the characters funny, especially Kaoru.

But in the end, this isn't a comedy. It's a character study of a mentally ill person and how they will (or will not) latch onto anything that will save them, when in the end, there's only one way out of this. However hard it might be, find something, ANYTHING that you care about enough to get out and stick to it. There will be hard times, but in the long run, it won't be as hard as facing yourself at your lowest, all day and every day.

10/10, would watch again.
Oct 4, 2019 10:26 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds like you got a short attention span.

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
May 30, 2021 1:03 PM
Jul 2020
It’s hyped and has good rating because it’s good. Simple
May 30, 2021 1:15 PM

May 2018
I feel like this anime is hard to enjoy unless you relate to at least one of the main characters, otherwise you won't find it entertaining or charming. That might be the problem for you?
May 30, 2021 6:42 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
TheAnimeBoy69 said:

Only a newb anime fan would post this...real otaku and weebs actually appreciate quality anime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Justin T. Poindexter
Jun 10, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2015
It’s hyped I agree. "character development was zero"? definetly not, read my review for details about character development.
Aug 1, 2021 10:09 AM
Jun 2021
You must be high lol
Aug 2, 2021 5:23 PM
Feb 2020
Deago said:
It’s hyped I agree. "character development was zero"? definetly not, read my review for details about character development.

Best nhk review i've read yet
Aug 2, 2021 8:01 PM
Aug 2020
Lmao, people in this site really like making a whole paragraph just for an argument
Aug 2, 2021 8:16 PM
Aug 2021
Its great. But pretty depressing and not of everyone's taste.
Aug 2, 2021 8:39 PM

Jan 2021
It’s good. Obviously.
I can tell someone doesn’t have taste.
Aug 6, 2021 10:38 PM
Feb 2020
We_Ka said:
wept said:

I dropped this after watching 2 ep and someone kept recommending it to me so m thinking of watching it again but these posts are really making me freeze in my feet,

So what should i do any advice?
Aug 8, 2021 5:27 AM
Jun 2020
Just watch this anime mann this is masterpiece retro anime
Aug 11, 2021 6:12 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah I will be honest I'm on episode 14 and all I can say is I don't like it at all especially the MC. I find him to be incredibly self centered, a jerk and yes he is a complete loser as someone who is in the work force and around the same age as the MC I have little respect for someone who sits at home and does nothing unless its for good reason. I will finish it but I was expecting more from this its extremely disappointing my mind might change with the last 10 episodes.
Aug 11, 2021 1:06 PM
Oct 2020
Because it was good
Aug 12, 2021 6:38 AM
May 2017
Zero Character Development? LMAOOOO
Aug 15, 2021 4:29 PM

Dec 2019
Because you are not the targeted audience.
Aug 15, 2021 6:31 PM
May 2020
Same , i didnt like this anime too

As an introvert myself , i admit that i can relate with the mc (just a little , maybe?) but other than that , its just pathetic , the 1st half was boring , the 2nd half was kinda interesting (especially the suicide island one) but somehow i hated the final episode so much , its just so anticlimatic and bad imo

But i can see why some people love this anime a lot , i respect that , maybe its just not my cup of tea , just because i didnt like it doesnt mean its (objectively) bad lmao
One Piece is bad, really
Aug 19, 2021 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
Only losers can relate to this anime.
Aug 19, 2021 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Becuz it is genuinely good.
Aug 21, 2021 2:07 AM
Jan 2019
TheAnimeBoy69 said:
Because people have differing taste and the majority of people that have watched this show liked it. Not a hard concept to understand
Oct 5, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2021
While I was watching this I struggled really hard with trying to figure out exactly what this show wanted to be? An outsider romance? Social outcast Wish fulfilment? A tragedy? Or a dark slice of life that preaches hope at it audience?

It mostly failed at being anything except a cringeworthy attempt by a person who’s never actually dealt with the issues presented in it at portraying them. Except… the original writer here has experienced this. I can’t even begin to comprehend how someone who has gone through all these issues and problems failed at being true and honest about what it’s like. Maybe the novel is too different from the anime? Maybe it actually speaks truthfully about the pain of not being able to be a part of anything except your own loneliness?

Anyway…

The middle part where Sato attends a suicide pact due to a misunderstanding is just insane. I wonder if this part is taken from the authors own experience or if it is fiction? It seems to me to be too ridiculous of a situation to be real, but you never know. Either way though, once again it’s not executed well at all. The whole time I just kept thinking to myself~ ‘I can’t believe someone wrote this episode, I can’t believe someone else proofread it and another person edited it and none of them thought to themselves, this is a pile of shit’~

The part that absolutely made me gag with anger is Satous whole character. Nothing about his personality stays the same for longer than an episode. The first episode I mean. After that his characterisation and backstory are all over the fucking place.

He’s a shut in. Actually he is but like not all the time since he spends more than half the anime not inside his house.

He’s delusional about conspiracies. But only when the plot calls for it not like all the time.

He’s in love with Misaki. Nope actually not really. He’s in love with SeNPai… actually… it’s the RPG cat girl Mia…

That’s probably his one trait that doesn’t change. Apparently he’s been a shut in for 4 years and has never played a game, watched an anime or gotten obsessed with a movie franchise or a long running manga or anything really. Sato just stares at the ceiling in the dark, this is literally apparently what he’s been doing for 4 years. Look I get that not every shut in is into nerd culture, but they all definitely have obsessive hobbies that they fill their time with while staying at home all the time. Yet Sato does nothing he’s apparently done nothing his whole life because he’s so gullible, innocent and dumb he immediately falls for any girl that says more than one word to him.

He’s finally getting his shit together and making something with the game. Nope sorry actually he just wants a girlfriend because the second a male gets a girlfriend his life immediately goes from being a mess to being your everyday completely normal societal cliche.

Let’s not forget his sENpAi! Hitomi is depressed for no other reason than she can’t get a guy to spend every second of every day with her, love her obsessively, never fight with or break up with her and of course, never ever cancel a weekend trip with her, because she’ll literally try to commit suicide if he doesn’t NEED her with him 24/7. I mean, why else would girls be sad except that they aren’t married yet. Right? And the second he asks her to marry him, her life too, goes from a sad, depressive trash fire into the perfect housewife’s dream.

Both of these characters had such potential to have real depth, to be representative of real issues and to give hope as to how you can start to overcome such things. Instead they’re just cliches taken right out of early 90’s sitcoms. It’s seriously pathetic. It’s ridiculously insulting to the audience to expect them to feel anything but contempt and slight condescending pity for these people. They’re caricatures of what someone who’s never struggled with anything thinks people with problems are like. They’re cliches of what men think women are like. Or we’ll, used to like 50 years ago.

Maybe this is all actually because the author is a shut in? Maybe he really never has actually talked to a female or been friends with one or had any contact with the female gender? Maybe he thinks everyone thinks exactly the way he does? Fuck man… this anime just did nothing but piss off to be honest.

I’m sure people will think I don’t understand and that I’m a bad person for saying these things about someone with an actual real condition, especially one as socially isolating and frowned upon as Hikikomori. Maybe they’ll feel morally superior and go off to say absolutely cringe shit about how they support the author.

Do I care? Maybe. It doesn’t really matter, and I won’t start to list off all the issues and problems and shit I’ve dealt with in my life. Maybe it was a lot, maybe it’s been nothing. But I definitely won’t withhold my opinion just because of a few snowflakes that can’t handle criticism.
TheNoWhereKingOct 5, 2021 8:05 AM
Oct 13, 2021 10:14 PM
Feb 2021
TheAnimeBoy69 said:

What do you want . All might come and save satou and satou san become impressed from all my might and become a hero too or he become interested in some sports works hard and become the national champion or sth like that.
I personally like it because it has not shown any major changes and in the end his thinking was same about life. Many people like kobayashi's brothers know what to do to in life but fail to change them (in anime kobayashi brother changed to) . It's a slice of life anime not some shounen.
Well it's not your fault if you can't relate to it. We who can really relate it and love it are that 1% who have become the victim the part of conspiracy :-D
Oct 17, 2021 11:07 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked
Score threads don't encourage discussion, only arguments between people who liked and disliked the show that lead nowhere.

Anime Discussion rules said:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
[...]
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

123 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:23 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

215 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.